Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#524691 Apr 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
When people hate a country so much that they would be willing to slam two hijacked jumbo jets into two 110 story buildings,buildings that were built to symbolize that greatness,at over 500 MPH,you know that something is bad wrong with this world.
Or badly wrong with the people who did that act and those that supported and planned it. There have always been atrocious acts by man against man. That one seems so much more atrocious because it happened on American soil, which has not seen war (except a bit of unreported fighting or attacks by Germany, since it fought against itself in the 1860s, or at least not one that seemed as devastating. Also it got full worldwide tv coverage as it happened.

How many people have died as a result of the response to that event for every innocent persons that died in that event? Would those who died after that event think any less of their lives than those who died in that event?

The dead are still dead, and each death, if man always acted rationally, was unnecessary. Even Hussein, Gaddafi, and Bin Laden could have been taken and kept alive to answer for their crimes rather than being killed as they were, though Hussein did have some sort of a trial, but his fate likely was already sealed.

I do not mean at all to diminish anything about 911, which was horrible, and I watched it after the first news of its beginning hit my computer screen until all of the deaths had occurred. At the time I actually had a fairly strong feeling that obvious structures not too far from me would likely be targeted too, if what the people were doing is hitting high buildings (as in NYC). Fortunately, at that time, doing that was not part of the plan.

Hating America though is a valid thought, because according to what is published the opinion of America by a large part of the world's population is not all that high, whether or not that feeling is justified. It may just be something that happens to the dominant country in the world, as was the case when England ruled the world.

In spite of my family having come from England from the early 1880s to the early 1890s, at least a big part of my family (though my dad's mother's branch had likely been in N. America for several hundred years), I am well aware of some of the horrible things that Britain did to the world, and also some perhaps good things, though I am not sure, other than perhaps helping some countries to move into the same age as was Europe, that the good outweighed all the bad.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#524692 Apr 23, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>So you say.
Let's see it then...
Islam doesn't have claims about a Zombie God.

That removes a slew of unsuported beliefs.

Location hidden

#524693 Apr 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
The September 11th attacks on the twin towers were FAR more evil than the Pearl Harbour attacks because Pearl Harbour was one military attacking another,while the wtc attack was a horrific attack on thousands of civilians by an extremist group,not an official military. And Hiroshima was more evil than both of them together. If America was angry at the Japs,why didn't they retaliate against the Japanese military instead of a hundred thousand innocent men,women,and children??
Hiroshima definitely was the wrong thing to do. There can be no denying that. Perhaps the only positive that has come of that is the horrible fear it will happen again multiplied by many times since our bombs today are much more destructive.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#524694 Apr 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Mathematical proofs and formulas such as Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Multivariable calculus, Analytic Geometry, Linear Algebra, Ordinary Differential Equations, Partial Differential Equations, Methods of approximation and Probability and statistics. It's those types of mathematics that actually represent real world effects and not only that, provably so.
No, that is nothing like the bible or any other religious/deity text in comparison.
Yes it is.

String theory is nothing more than numbers on paper just like the Bible is nothing more than words on paper.

You can write all the mathemeatics you want, it doesn't prove anything. Even Einstein's equations to years to be empirically demonstrated to be able to predict the curvature of light and time shifts. Even then, all it proved is that the math fit reality, not that the underling assertions were "facts".

One could easily create a theory of electricity whereby electrons are replaced with microscopic pixies and make it mathematically correct.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#524695 Apr 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Just can't be civil, can you.

You pretend to be on the sidelines but are just another meaningless troll.

So sad for someone as bright as you.
Aw shucks.

I'm not that bright.

Location hidden

#524696 Apr 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Booosts Wrote
Lawest, though I support and understand that you believe and your belief is genuine, it is not a logical statement to remind an atheist that they are in cahouts with the Devil, because an atheist does not have a belief in the devil.
Lawest Wrote:
Booosts, who do you think is working behind a atheist unbelief, the devil is a spirit that works in opposition to God's will, his greatest weapon is that you do not believe in his existence because he has blinded the minds of those like yourself and others, and you can see his handiwork all about you in this world.
You just quoted me to refute me and then did the very same thing again that my post had stated was incorrect. It is of no importance to me what you believe about the devil or Satan, because in my scheme of things, or in my brain, such an animal is imaginary.

Not that it matters at all to me, but just because I have seen it often, my name is boooots, not booosts. That last sentence is with a smile for info only. Call me whatever you want to.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#524697 Apr 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shucks.
I'm not that bright.
Yes, you are. So is IANS.

That is why I am confused at the hollow bantering.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524698 Apr 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. ya, I do that regularly when I want to respond to only portions of a post ..
.. by chance, do you like scarves ??..
You near poked me with those scissors (c:

I do like scarves~ winter type and fashion. Tho' I don't wear the fashion ones very often. I live in the sticks of NY state. Why is that?

Location hidden

#524699 Apr 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Booosts Wrote:
At the same time, in response to the other person's support of you regarding someone stating that you appear to have knowledge greater than God, that is the case, not necessarily with you but with many on here who are believers, because they give us interpretations of what God does or why God does something, which does not come from any sources other than theirs or some other authors''rationalizations' of inconsistencies in the behavior of the God that believers believe in as shown by the Words.
When one, for example, says that God answers all prayers, but in a case where the prayer asked for did not come true, then God decided at that time that not fulfilling the prayer was the right solution. That could very well be the case, if God exists, but no human can make that interpretation in any given event, except if God has actually contacted that human and told him that is why a certain event occurred.
Lawest Wrote:
Booosts, unless God intervenes in your life at some point, we are never going to agree on these subjects, God communicates with his people through his spirit, and because you cannot understand how that works, you are just as guilty of being presumptious and a know-it-all as the believers that you accuse of being too high and mighty for knowing God's will, we know God's primary purpose and desire for mankind through his Word left on record by his Holy Apostles and Prophets, granted that some peoiple you have bread commentary or heard in person may not have known 100% what they are talking about, or some may not have truly had what they have professed to have and some may well have been true believers, but I can tell you as according to God's Word that prayer prevails much from the righteous man, and if we continue to do his will, we may ask anything of him IF it is in his will for us to have.
Lawest, for yourself, not me, could you read back through your post again, and tell me if you have actually provided anything in that post that I might not have heard before, and already rejected. You still will never convince another person about God, by telling them they have to seek God earnestly, even if that is the only path to God, if God exists. It is not logical thinking, Lawest, nor does it make someone seem presumptuous and know-it-all.

What I see when I read that kind of a post, and I could be 100% off base, is that this person is relatively new to Christianity, has come into it after hitting a real low in their life, and has got caught up in the excitement and wonder and magic of it all, but when really pressed has no depth. Kind of like the Jehovah's Witnesses who knocked on your door with their prepared speech and tracts to sell, but if you start asking them questions they usually make a hasty retreat, because what they say is about all they have yet learned.

Lawest, I keep hearing from you that a person has to want to see God, before he will see God. But that is all I am hearing, so having heard that thousands of times (not from you) it has no impact on me, other than since you addressed a post to me, I feel compelled to reply.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524700 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
We have currently reported to be about 2 1/2 billion people in the whole world who 'claim' the Christian faith. Likely 75% of those people would be in places where the level of education and understanding would not even enter the "experiencing of God in their lives". Yes a few billion Christians have lived since 2000 years ago, but the number of people who have lived in the past 2000 years is not that large based on the current population, as even in my lifetime the world population has about tripled, and records of the past 2000 years would indicate the world populations were a lot smaller than prior to the 20th century.
Of the 2 1/2 billion Christians reported to be Christians, only a very small fraction of them are currently active Christians, and I highly suspect that many of those that are not active in the faith would be claiming a personal experience with Jesus, or would even those who are active.
In my denomination the last time I checked the figures there were somewhere over 2 million members reported in Canada, but only about 200,000 actually are involved in their churches. Because of how records are kept etc., people tend to be classified into groups that they don't necessarily follow, though I think the membership figures, at least for my previous denomination would be based on names on the membership roles of people who actually at one time "joined the church" but subsequently fell away (or moved away) but did not bother to cancel their membership. That does actually create some problems for the business running of the church, because some churches are helped by the overall Church because they do not have sufficient members to sustain them, but with members on their list who are not active they cannot properly prove that they don't have those participating.
Also I think it is only certain denominations of the Christian faith that even speaks of a personal 'walk with God'. In my 40 some years in my church and a very active member, I do not recall that as being something that particularly was ever mentioned, other than when our congregation, or group of congregations, held a special "revival" week, and got in guest speakers who sometimes would be the type that would tell stories of how they were saved and how Jesus spoke to them. Personally I also felt that their enthusiasm tended to make their comments a bit beyond what they had actually experienced.
I cannot recall ever hearing a minister of my denomination ever speak about his talking with God, other than mentioning about praying. I think it was likely more the case that those who 'believed' accepted that God exists, and all that goes with that, and even many did not think that it was "Christian" to even question their beliefs. I have heard my mother state something to that effect, yet I have never heard my mother say that she personally experienced Christ in her life.
Long before I ever knew any part of the bible- I talked to the God I met as a youth. My ways of getting to know Him are different that many- But I had no doubt that His presence was near me. So I talked to Him regularly in my head. I think it started when I was nearing 5- I have always 'known' He was real.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#524701 Apr 23, 2013
Your unbelief in hell, is pointless and irrelevant. How is your unbelief relevant to what exist or not exist? I hear people say all the time they don't believe George Bush won the presidency it was stolen from al gore. and Bush is illegitimate and not the president. Does that have any effect on reality that George Bush was the president of the U.S for 8yrs? Or some people don't believe the Holocaust happen. What does that have to do with the reality of the holocaust???

It does not matter what you believe or don't believe. YHWH Almighty God Yeshua Jesus Christ The Ruach Hakodesh Spirits Angels Demons Heaven Hell, are all Spiritual issues. And you can't see the Spiritual. So your unbelief about the spiritual, has no effect on the spiritual. Your unbelief only affects you and changes nothing.
[QUOTE who="boooots"]<qu oted text>
Briefly, because I seldom am brief, though my long-winded replies often are very boring, I do not believe in hell, so the thought of that has no impact on me, except currently to feel a bit of sympathy for people who seem bound to base their lives on a fear of hell.
I hope I did not give the impression that hell is something I consider a reality. If I speak of it, it is only in relation to commenting on other people talking about it. If I at all believed in hell and the condiitons for going there were as fundamentalists state, I would not be arguing against belief.
In fact when I catch myself I do not argue against belief, but try to argue only when I see a post where a person has made an obvious incorrect statement or have attacked another poster which contradicts their trying to convince us they are following the teachings of Christ.
My question regarding your being defensive, came from my perception that you seem to keep plugging away at convincing us of the same thing, almost as if you are trying to convince yourself (that is my perception, but not necessarily what you are doing).
Well your perceptions are wrong. What I'm convinced of, or not convinced of, is my concern and my job.

To me, discussions have little to do with convincing anyone of anything. We are simply having a chat. In fact when it pertains to Jesus Christ, only God does the convincing.

No one is plugging away at convincing you and others of anything.

Want to see if that is true?, you and all the secular humanists/atheists leave the billboard, and do not come back. And see if discussions end. They will continue, as if you and the other atheists did not even exist or ever came on the billboard.

Try it. And you will realize the Christians here(at least most I think) are not primarily here to convince you, of anything. They are here to discuss their faith. And frankly you atheists are just a side issue.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#524702 Apr 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam doesn't have claims about a Zombie God.
That removes a slew of unsuported beliefs.
So you say,

where is all this evidence or are we to just take your word?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#524703 Apr 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is.
String theory is nothing more than numbers on paper just like the Bible is nothing more than words on paper.
You can write all the mathemeatics you want, it doesn't prove anything. Even Einstein's equations to years to be empirically demonstrated to be able to predict the curvature of light and time shifts. Even then, all it proved is that the math fit reality, not that the underling assertions were "facts".
One could easily create a theory of electricity whereby electrons are replaced with microscopic pixies and make it mathematically correct.

Nevertheless, a scientific theory, backed by observable effects and results that can be measured and quantified, even if expressed in a mathematical formula - does not equate to the book of Genesis. or the bible as a whole.

The day you can plug in a Waring Blender™ to a bible and make a milkshake, with the bible replacing electricity(a theory http://physics.tutorvista.com/electricity-and... ) as the power source for that blender.

Tell the world.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#524704 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You just quoted me to refute me and then did the very same thing again that my post had stated was incorrect. It is of no importance to me what you believe about the devil or Satan, because in my scheme of things, or in my brain, such an animal is imaginary.
Not that it matters at all to me, but just because I have seen it often, my name is boooots, not booosts. That last sentence is with a smile for info only. Call me whatever you want to.
But,

What was the date of this discovery and what lab was this done at?

I am curious as to how this was observed, quantified, tested and repeated.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#524705 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawest, for yourself, not me, could you read back through your post again, and tell me if you have actually provided anything in that post that I might not have heard before, and already rejected. You still will never convince another person about God, by telling them they have to seek God earnestly, even if that is the only path to God, if God exists. It is not logical thinking, Lawest, nor does it make someone seem presumptuous and know-it-all.
What I see when I read that kind of a post, and I could be 100% off base, is that this person is relatively new to Christianity, has come into it after hitting a real low in their life, and has got caught up in the excitement and wonder and magic of it all, but when really pressed has no depth. Kind of like the Jehovah's Witnesses who knocked on your door with their prepared speech and tracts to sell, but if you start asking them questions they usually make a hasty retreat, because what they say is about all they have yet learned.
Lawest, I keep hearing from you that a person has to want to see God, before he will see God. But that is all I am hearing, so having heard that thousands of times (not from you) it has no impact on me, other than since you addressed a post to me, I feel compelled to reply.
So,
What was the date of this discovery and what lab was this done at?

I am curious as to how this was observed, quantified, tested and repeated.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#524706 Apr 23, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Try preaching at bus stops, or the entrance of your local Walmart. Might improve your conversion stats.
try taking your ridiculous myths to pre-schoolers & kindergartners cuz you if you don't brainwash them to believe that green slime can turn human by that age they'll never believe you after.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#524707 Apr 23, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Try preaching at bus stops, or the entrance of your local Walmart. Might improve your conversion stats.
and btw -JESUS IS GOD!!!
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#524708 Apr 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
try googling it, perhaps that wil work
Did you catch yourself in a trap?
I think so.
You can't answer my question with honesty.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#524709 Apr 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevertheless, a scientific theory, backed by observable effects and results that can be measured and quantified,
So can we dismiss everything that does not meet this standard?

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524710 Apr 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
The September 11th attacks on the twin towers were FAR more evil than the Pearl Harbour attacks because Pearl Harbour was one military attacking another,while the wtc attack was a horrific attack on thousands of civilians by an extremist group,not an official military. And Hiroshima was more evil than both of them together. If America was angry at the Japs,why didn't they retaliate against the Japanese military instead of a hundred thousand innocent men,women,and children??
An American proved that attacking America could be done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 2,617
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 119,218
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Michael 679,163
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Rider on the Storm 184,831
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr waaasssuuup 445,838
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,269
Iranian Brother & Sister wanted For FRAUD!!! 5 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web