Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#524673 Apr 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never gone to bed with an unattractive woman.
I have woken up with several, however.
I think that might be called...needy!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#524674 Apr 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Well I cannot say that I know what you are referring to when you say that the Bible has failed to "hold up" in some instances, but we have the witness through his spirit that it not only holds up but everything that it promises is terue, again as I've said to you so many times before, is that it takes FAITH, and that it will have to take a willing mind first and above all, and until you are willing to take that crucial first step, you will remain stagnate in the mire of unbelief that the adversary has you mired in.
Peace.
Lawest, I have willingly taken that first step many times, since I first learned of God as a small child. You continue to talk though in abstracts but if God is a real entity abstracts are not going to work with people who think objectively.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#524675 Apr 23, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it strange?
What??? You claim to be an expert in all things and you have to ask that question?

Location hidden

#524676 Apr 23, 2013
Nick in Australia wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is look at the universe to see God splender and power. God created it and put in place and is the source of energy holding it all together.
Or look at life on earth and all cteation unique for it own purpose.
Jesus did exist. The romans who arrested him ended up making him their God.
In court when there is 2 or more witnesses is evidence. Jesus had 4 accounts of his life and another 7 or so confirm his teachings.
The Jews did arrest Jesus and handed him to yhe Romans.
There where many witnesses of the miricales he performed. Hundreds witness the dead people he raised to life. Hundreds witness his resurrection.
It endless when you seek truth !
But you are citing examples of evidence that does not exist. Because a books says that there were witnesses does not mean that evidence exists, it just means that is what the author wrote.

We have no proof of anything you stated.

The looking around argument gets used here almost daily on at least one thread and it is not even a logical comment, because it assumes a conclusion in the hypotheses. "Begging the question"

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#524677 Apr 23, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Try preaching at bus stops, or the entrance of your local Walmart. Might improve your conversion stats.
Hey...leave the bus stops out of it! Us big city people have to use those things. You can meet some interesting people at those bus stops...really interesting!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#524678 Apr 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>from now on, could please consider me a blasphemous atheist/homosexual, since you treat them much kinder than you do an imperfect Christian attempting to stand for God and who shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ?:)
Congratulations on your coming out!

Kudos.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#524679 Apr 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What??? You claim to be an expert in all things and you have to ask that question?
I am an Expert, not a mind reader, thus I asked a question regarding someone's claim that this was strange.

So, I ask again. Why is this strange?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#524680 Apr 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Please keep your dirty laundry to yourself.
I hear that he uses Egyptian cotton sheets. I am wondering what the thread count is.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#524681 Apr 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure how you are making the comparison as it applies to the myriad and divergent deity beliefs, and the science behind string theory.
If you'd comment further or outline why you think they are similar I might be able to respond
There is only mathematics behind string theory.

Just pen on paper....Like the Bible.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#524682 Apr 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Adolf HItler could retain his composure while Patton constantly got in trouble for his big mouth.

Your Point ?
You comparing yourself to Patton now?

I thought calling yourself god was bad.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#524683 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are citing examples of evidence that does not exist. Because a books says that there were witnesses does not mean that evidence exists, it just means that is what the author wrote.
We have no proof of anything you stated.
The looking around argument gets used here almost daily on at least one thread and it is not even a logical comment, because it assumes a conclusion in the hypotheses. "Begging the question"
What was the date of this discovery and what lab was this done at?

I am curious as to how this was observed, quantified, tested and repeated.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#524684 Apr 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear that he uses Egyptian cotton sheets. I am wondering what the thread count is.
I am wondering if he can count.

LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#524685 Apr 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You comparing yourself to Patton now?
I thought calling yourself god was bad.
Just can't be civil, can you.

You pretend to be on the sidelines but are just another meaningless troll.

So sad for someone as bright as you.

Location hidden

#524686 Apr 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Not really. Many countries where Christianity is growing are some of the most educated such as South Korea Singapore and Canada.<quoted text>Communism? oy! how can that work when the power in the hands of a few? Capitalism is pretty awful too, but at least you have some opportunity to keep your money.
Sorry trifecta1, but regarding Canada that is a false statement, because Christianity has rapidly declined here in my lifetime. There is no evidence of growth, except we do see the occasional new church spring up that draws in a lot of people, but they still do not account for the many more that are falling away from the traditional denominations, and are not going to any other.

I think, though I have not actually belonged to any of these, that many of these new growing churches are more a fad than an actual belief in God. There are always some people in our society that get caught up in certain things, similar to all the fads that have come and gone in our lifetimes, but they don't last.

I do appreciate though the short term work that these faddish churches do, because they tend to draw a lot from street people and those who have various serious addictions, and whose lives have hit a real low, and they provide a support system for these people. The problem is this support system is temporary and the people might come out the other end better for it or they might just fall into even a worse situation than they were before.

I have a few friends involved in such churches, and one of them met a woman at one of them, who he lived with for a while, who subsequently turned to drugs, ended up on the street, and eventually died young. He on the other hand had gone through that drug scene in the past and is out of it, but still trying to find something meaningful in his life, which he has found for a few years by his very active participation, and since he is a very talented musician they wisely use his talents which gives him a sense of importance which he had lost in his bad times.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#524687 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text>
What was the date of this discovery and what lab was this done at?
I am curious as to how this was observed, quantified, tested and repeated.
There is as much evidence to support Islam as their is Christianity... actually there is more.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#524688 Apr 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is as much evidence to support Islam as their is Christianity... actually there is more.
So you say.
Let's see it then...

Location hidden

#524689 Apr 23, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The last "miracle" will be the extinguism of mankind. Forget all religious garbage!
Rather a pessimistic view of man, is it not, Henry? Fortunately, I am too old to witness that happening. I think, though, it will happen definitely in several billion years when the sun fries the earth as if finally burns itself out. Too far ahead for me to think about, but if man by that time still exists and has not found some way of getting out of our solar system, then it will be the extinction of man.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#524690 Apr 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only mathematics behind string theory.
Just pen on paper....Like the Bible.
Mathematical proofs and formulas such as Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Multivariable calculus, Analytic Geometry, Linear Algebra, Ordinary Differential Equations, Partial Differential Equations, Methods of approximation and Probability and statistics. It's those types of mathematics that actually represent real world effects and not only that, provably so.

No, that is nothing like the bible or any other religious/deity text in comparison.

Location hidden

#524691 Apr 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
When people hate a country so much that they would be willing to slam two hijacked jumbo jets into two 110 story buildings,buildings that were built to symbolize that greatness,at over 500 MPH,you know that something is bad wrong with this world.
Or badly wrong with the people who did that act and those that supported and planned it. There have always been atrocious acts by man against man. That one seems so much more atrocious because it happened on American soil, which has not seen war (except a bit of unreported fighting or attacks by Germany, since it fought against itself in the 1860s, or at least not one that seemed as devastating. Also it got full worldwide tv coverage as it happened.

How many people have died as a result of the response to that event for every innocent persons that died in that event? Would those who died after that event think any less of their lives than those who died in that event?

The dead are still dead, and each death, if man always acted rationally, was unnecessary. Even Hussein, Gaddafi, and Bin Laden could have been taken and kept alive to answer for their crimes rather than being killed as they were, though Hussein did have some sort of a trial, but his fate likely was already sealed.

I do not mean at all to diminish anything about 911, which was horrible, and I watched it after the first news of its beginning hit my computer screen until all of the deaths had occurred. At the time I actually had a fairly strong feeling that obvious structures not too far from me would likely be targeted too, if what the people were doing is hitting high buildings (as in NYC). Fortunately, at that time, doing that was not part of the plan.

Hating America though is a valid thought, because according to what is published the opinion of America by a large part of the world's population is not all that high, whether or not that feeling is justified. It may just be something that happens to the dominant country in the world, as was the case when England ruled the world.

In spite of my family having come from England from the early 1880s to the early 1890s, at least a big part of my family (though my dad's mother's branch had likely been in N. America for several hundred years), I am well aware of some of the horrible things that Britain did to the world, and also some perhaps good things, though I am not sure, other than perhaps helping some countries to move into the same age as was Europe, that the good outweighed all the bad.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#524692 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text>So you say.
Let's see it then...
Islam doesn't have claims about a Zombie God.

That removes a slew of unsuported beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 122,782
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min old_moose 6,634
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min bad bob 184,861
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min kent 681,599
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,430
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... (Jun '16) 2 hr Christ sans politics 101
Guilty of a DUI or DWI? Important IDRC Info (Jan '12) 2 hr Durka 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr New Age Spiritual... 982,158
More from around the web