Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#524498 Apr 23, 2013
Truths wrote:
by contaminating our food sources, medicines and water supply - all for their own personal profit. Those WITH God- do NOT do those things to others. Those WITH God- do not succumb to the level of grief that stops OUR hope .

Hi Deb.

I found this quote from you in one of IANS' posts.
I do not have time to go into the thread and find your original post, so I just copy and pasted the above.

Just wondering..
Shouldn't you have written:

Those WITH God -SHOULD NOT- do those things to other's. And,
Those WITH God -SHOULD NOT- succumb to the level of grief that stops our hope.
??

I see a heck of alot of people claiming to have a heart for God doing those very things, here on
topix and surely in the real world....

Wishing you a great day..Talk with you later..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#524499 Apr 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Because the facts say otherwise.
Do you live in a bottle?
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
12 oz.
Now that you are almost out of your teens...go for the 1 liter apartment...you get a sunroom.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#524500 Apr 23, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the scripture brother (c:
You are welcome Deb.(C:

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524501 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Pleased to meet you too, Deb, and I am Larry. My name has already ben exposed in full on another Topix thread by a very devout 'born again Christian" who obtained my name illegally from police and then posted it on Topix so that people would know who I am, as I had not revealed my name to anyone there, except two who were friends on facebook.
(c: Thanks (((((Larry))))))

I don't know how long I will stay in the thread this time through- but I am glad to have been in to meet you.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524502 Apr 23, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need is Faith boots.
If one is truly wanting to know if God exist, then would'nt it be smart to go by his directions in the BOOK (Holy Bible), instead of looking under a microscope or in the endless trails in the theory's of science?
The simplicity of knowing and having a relationship with God/Jesus is not a scientific method, and does not require math problems, equations and the measure of time space and matter..
The Bible says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists:“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him”(Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith.“Then Jesus told him,‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed’”(John 20:29).
The Bible tells us that people will reject the clear and undeniable knowledge of God and believe a lie instead. Romans 1:25 declares,“They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. The Bible also proclaims that people are without excuse for not believing in God:“For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse”(Romans 1:20).
Good post ~

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#524503 Apr 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
A Lamp On A Stand.
No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed.Instead he puts it on a stand so that those who come in can see the light.
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.
Therefore consider carefully how you LISTEN.Whoever has will be given more,whoever does not have even what he thinks he has will be taken from him.
Luke 8:16-18
Hmmm Ever seen this? They are beautiful.

https://www.google.com/search...

Then there are these...

https://www.google.com/search...

Ever lost anything under the bed...I have...I could have used a light. It is dark under there.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#524504 Apr 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
to---not ot----activate your spell checker
Fair enough. You caught me.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524505 Apr 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's just that you believe a myth to be reality and I don't.
As SimplyPut has already pointed out to you..........the Lord God of heaven and earth has always been more real than anything or anyone else since he is the creator God of all things, and sadly you will eventually be faced with that truth perhaps a little too late.
mike

AOL

#524506 Apr 23, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 23 is a perfect directory to guage if we are helping or harming His efforts.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
I write this to Christians because the bible also tells us that iron sharpens iron- In this context of how I present it.... it is in reminding each that EACH who says we are Christians- and have asked the Holy Spirit for help- will have strengths which another is lacking in-
If we give counsel out of a heart toward His message- and toward each other- progress for His kingdom is made.
In the past-
when I posted here regularly, some people accused me of posting for self glory. It was other Christians !
This is the furthest thing from my heart- I post in order to do my part for God's kingdom- so that we all can grow. So that all who claim to be His can do things His way- for His glory and His kingdom.
Hello Truths

How does posting on an entertainment site give glory to your GOD?

Who is being helped as a result of your postings?

People need help in real life, not on this entertainment site.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524507 Apr 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't do that. Your statement illustrates the fantasy aspect of your deity belief. It also illustrates your tenuous grasp of reality.
I wouldn't ask or expect the central deity of your myth to do any more than other mythic deities such as Vishnu, Quetzalcoatl, or any other deity unsupported by any unbiased evidences.
I don't have a faith supported theistic belief in deities for which there is no evidence to support their existence.
That is what theists do, and I am not theist.
As I've said in my other post to you.......Hell and destruction will be your portion.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#524508 Apr 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> As SimplyPut has already pointed out to you..........the Lord God of heaven and earth has always been more real than anything or anyone else since he is the creator God of all things, and sadly you will eventually be faced with that truth perhaps a little too late.
That is your non fact based or supported belief based upon your mythic deity belief.

It was the same for believers in Zeus or Odin and is currently the same for believers in Shiva, Allah and other deity believers that believe in deities for which there is no proof.

You're just a face in the crowd of deity believers.
mike

AOL

#524509 Apr 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> As SimplyPut has already pointed out to you..........the Lord God of heaven and earth has always been more real than anything or anyone else since he is the creator God of all things, and sadly you will eventually be faced with that truth perhaps a little too late.
Hello LAWEST100

A GOD is only real in the "Minds" of people.

Life is very difficult, therefore, a GOD was created.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524510 Apr 23, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
And genetics say that as well.
People who have a history of addiction in their family have much higher chances of becoming an addicted to that item.
You prove your ignorance through this entire comment and I will point out where.
<quoted text>
Abusing children isn't in genetics but a tendency and a inhibition to abuse children. It is not a choice to become a pedophile, for example, but a person is just a pedophile. The difference between the pedophile and the child molester is the choice to get help to control the urges or to go out and molest children.
It is defined as a mental deficiency due to the fact that others can come to harm if acted upon.
Once again, your ignorance is evident.
<quoted text>
Look back to the comment of alcoholism.
Ignorance once again displayed.
<quoted text>
Indoctrination. When you are taught all your life to do something a certain way, then that's how you believe things to be. Same as you, you have been taught by your parents probably, and the church, to hate gay individuals.
Ignorance yet again.
<quoted text>
There is no "right" to harm anyone or anything.
If you truly believe that anyone advocates for a person's right to kill or abuse, then yet again, you are messed up in the head.
You cannot compare gay individuals to murderers because there is no harm being done.
Besides, the fact that you are TRYING to compare gay individuals to murderers proves that you are a bigot. You are showing extreme intolerance and hate towards gay individuals.
<quoted text>
If you don't believe in psychology, then I really can't continue this discussion because you are obviously horribly uneducated in the matter.
People choose whether they want to get the no-name brand or the well-known brand. They DON'T choose whether they like chocolate over vanilla. That is an attraction that you can't change.
If you like chocolate more than vanilla or vice-versa, then that's how it is.
You are so ignorant, it's unbelievable.
You haven't NOTICED in your..uuuhm...?studies?... that IF an action harms another such as child and spouse abusers- they say it is NOT genetic...but if it is self indulgence in substances or sex...IT's GENETIC?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#524511 Apr 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I gotta stand with ya on that Annie.
What happened there really got to me too. I guess it was obvious. I didn't want ta post when I was seething, so I refrained.
I think that several of us tried not to answer ugliness with ugliness.

My thoughts...

We non-Christians are often asked why we left the faith. When we try to explain...what we get in return...(not always but often)...are insults and name-calling. Often we are told that our explanation is a lie...they come up with their own scenario...makes you wonder why they even bothered to ask.

Over the life of that thread DoC was attacked often for his posts...he handled it with grace and dignity...I don't recall him ever answering with retaliation.
mike

AOL

#524512 Apr 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> As I've said in my other post to you.......Hell and destruction will be your portion.
Only because you fail to show the "Love" of a GOD, therefore, many will reject the GOD you represent.

It comes down to what you do, not what you say.

Fennario

#524513 Apr 23, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
All you need is Faith boots.
You can believe anything with faith. Or its opposite. What good is that?
psalms 23 wrote:
If one is truly wanting to know if God exist, then would'nt it be smart to go by his directions in the BOOK (Holy Bible), instead of looking under a microscope or in the endless trails in the theory's of science?
Nope.

You've got to look at something that you know was made by the creative force to understand it. Whether the source for our universe was a sentient being, unconscious laws, or something else, if you want to understand that source, you have to study the universe.

The book is an obvious counterfeit. It got almost nothing right about the universe.
psalms 23 wrote:
The simplicity of knowing and having a relationship with God/Jesus is not a scientific method, and does not require math problems, equations and the measure of time space and matter..
The belief in your god not only does not require an understanding of science, an understanding of science works against a belief in your god. Just ask scientists what they believe, and compare that to non-scientists.
psalms 23 wrote:
The Bible says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists:
So what? What if it said to jump off a cliff?
psalms 23 wrote:
If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith.
If somebody asks you to trust them that could just as easily have offered you evidence, you shouldn't trust them. It' a red flag for an abusive and manipulative personality.

What happened to the miracles from your god? They seem to have stopped right around the time that everybody had a camera in their phone or iPad.

=======

"Seems to me that Christians worship the incredible shrinking god. I mean at one time it was supposedly capable of flinging thousands of billions of galaxies into existence with a mere thought. By the time of Noah, it was reduced to flooding an insignificant speck in the cosmos.

"By the time of Moses, its best trick was moving a tiny portion of a minor sea aside for a short while. By the time of Jesus, it has to send a delegate on its behalf who leaves behind only rumors that he was able to turn water into another beverage, or render himself extra buoyant.

"Now it counts as a miracle if a water stain grows mold that kind of looks like a bearded face which could be claimed to resemble this supposed delegate. How much more pathetic can this god get? How do Christians manage to sing praises of its glory and greatness without feeling like fools--or at best, like new parents gushing over their toddler's ability to make a pee." – Kronk

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#524514 Apr 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>specifics please. what books did were remove from the canon, and which ones were added to the canon?
There are different bibles with more books. It's no big deal, it's only repetitive. Some books some bible editions removed, due to repetition. an easy explanation.
Can you name the 40,000 branches of Christianity?
You exaggerate to feed your doubt. That is your right.
What you don;t believe happened, is simply what [you] don't believe happened.
it always come backs, to [you]. it is always, on [you].
trifecta1, why be so defensive? I don't know, off the top of my head, what books were added later and what books were taken out later. I learned that stuff (some of it) years ago, and today it is of no importance to me. Kind of like I know man has gone to outer space and I know that he has vehicles that he used to do that, but I couldn't explain how all that works. I have been to Cape Canaveral (Kennedy) twice, I think.

The things I know (or don't know) about God and the Bible are based on material facts, or lack of them, whereas the things you know and believe about God are based on belief, because currently there are no facts, that can be verified.

The bottom line, trifecta1, is that billions in the world believe there is a god, or gods (in some cases), but not one person in the world can present material evidence or even evidence (such as with gravity) which is not material but evidence that is material, will prove what one can't see. We can't see gravity or the actual wind, but we can easily see how they affect material things.

If the books were God inspired, then why would there be books that contradicted other books, yet believers believe each book is God's truth? No I can't give you books and chapters now, but that argument with evidence has been presented so many times that it is not hard to find. Because it is of no importance to me, I do not remember specifics.

The best "evidence" that I have heard believers give for God is that 'you will see when you die', which is not evidence but a threat that if you don't start believing now, something very horrible will happen to you. Yet there is not one single human being has ever proved that hell exists (other than hell of their own making, or the making of those who controlled their lives, while they were living).

What you believe happened is simply what you believed happened (as you said to me) if you can't show another human being evidence that will irrefutably prove what you say, and I know that currently you cannot do that. You could be right and you could be wrong, but neither you nor I today can find evidence to show that.

I cannot show you evidence that God doesn't exist, because as mentioned in the various threads I have been on here, thousands of times, evidence of nothing is impossible.

Fennario

#524515 Apr 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Why does it bother you if he calls it a billboard?
Why does it bother you that he corrected the Derp? This is a venue for discussion. Maybe Derp learned something.

Just kidding.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524516 Apr 23, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Respectfully I say: As the scripture you provided earlier attest is right for me to do---The problem with your delivery of His word- is that you insulted the man for having told you one of his problems with the word. How can anyone want to read the info you provide when the post is started in an UnChristian way?
Deb..........I hear and understand what you are saying, and here is where you and I obviously differ, I have no problem at all with Booosts and others not being able to believe, but the problem that I do find irritating is that he and others go completely out of their way to disrespect our faith and make the most hateful and blasphemous statement against our Lord Savior and God, I realize that the enemy is behind their motivations, but I will call this aberrant and disrespectful behavior out as often as I will, if you find that to be "unchristian" then I am sorry, but nothing that I have said to Booosts is untrue and I have been dealing with him for awhile now, he came to this thread complaining about our posting scripture on what is a christian based thread, constantly calling for "proof" of our God's existence as well as other dismissals of our beliefs.

I stand again by what I have described him as having an unblessed mind that is tossed up in calling bad good and good bad, and darkness light and vice versa. Blessings.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524517 Apr 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice argument.
<quoted text>
Apparently.
You put faith IN man- and what MAN has discovered.
You put your faith in the very beings who have caused the grief of the world . ANYTHING that man has learned which has benefitted people, IS a gift from God meant to benefit us all. Yet people turn it around and use it for their own purposes and self gain. HUMANS are flawed and greedy. Not God.

This poem -which I found a few yrs ago- describes PROOF of God in a perspective that was the same for me...and apparently to many others.

~*~God Believes In You~Ask Him~*~
The evidence of God, is in the
answering of prayers,prayed in FAITH or
OUT of a last ditch effort of a non believer.
Miracles~THAT no hands of humans have caused,
except hands folded together in prayer
to Jesus and OUR Father.
Proof~
that Non believers call miracles
and "signs" coincidence,
YET they are SEEKING and wishing God was real,
so that they too may experience coincidence of
good things coming together for THEMSELVES
~for their OWN peace of mind.
God is proved TRUE~
...when you are so negative you
can NOT stand your own selves, so we try FAITH
and ask for help~
...just in case~it's true.
"Coincidences" have A WHOLE new meaning~
as they become OUR VERY OWN answer to prayer.
Proof~
In THE JOY in a prepared heart that hears Loudly for
the first time,what they once hated and CURSED
as LIES.
Moving forward to the exuberance of a child of wonderment,
seeing for the VERY first TIME
all the Blessings we were bestowed with all along~
that we NEVER once gave thanks for.
HE still BELIEVES in YOU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Fast Grass 817,811
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Ink 579,210
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 10 min Classic 2,197
Caucasians are Neanderthal-Sapien hybrids. (Oct '07) 10 min Johnny 151
Why I am still a Christian. 50 min the lazy athiest 4
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 1 hr joacon6 145
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr Freebird USA 9,248
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr His Hollines dr S... 39,967
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Porkpie Hat 270,167
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr bacon hater 97,998
More from around the web