“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#524483 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I did listen to the first link and a bit of the next part which showed beside the video, and I had to stop because personally I find the pastor who was preaching against homosexuality, as being much too irritating to listen to, and his style of preaching, with the one guy reading a verse, and then his coming back with all the crap he does, is most irritating, and IMO, more trying to be a shart aleck then actually being smart.
I didn't hear enough of what the gay man had to say but he had a way of speaking which was conducive to wanting to listen to him, because he seemed to be speaking from humility and thought, rather than bombastic. It you have had the misfortune to ever watch some videos of Dr Zahir Naik, a former Indian medical doctor who quit his medical profession to spend his life speaking on behalf of Islam, then I think you will see the same kind of smart aleck speaking which, in Naik's case at least, has a lot of words and well memorized verses but little intelligence to it. I would walk out if I had ever had to sit in one of his lectures. Similarly for that pastor on your link. http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCaqo6BQlN2VA
Both this pastor and Naik try to use the force of their confidence into 'tricking' people into believing what they are saying when they are really not saying anything. In Naik's case most of his points could be refuted by a person without any basic science knowledge. In the Christian pastor's case, since I don't believe any of the Bible stories, it is rather irrelevant whether he knows what he is talking about or not. Naik, because he refers specifically to science and how it supposedly confirms Islam, basically doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.
I suspect the pastor's, in those videos, method of preaching is a form of hypnosis, rather than rational reasoned out presentations.
Thank you for checking them out, your response to it however is not surprising at all, when you don't have a mind to believe then naturally you'd have an aversion to God's truth, Jennings delivered the Word perfectly on this subject and the gay man Harry Knox had nowhere to go while claiming Christ and trying to hold on to his lascivious affections, sorry the spirit didn't move on you to appreciate what God was bringing through Pastor Gino, but again, thanks for checking it out.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#524484 Apr 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Yes it is. It's an advertisement board for views opinions and messages, a billboard. At least to me.
Is that the way it seems to you? Nice thinking, Derp.

All that a message board in cyberspace for the purpose of expressing religious opinions has in common with a billboard is that they can both contain written language. A Chinese fortune cookie and a gravestone can also do that.

Otherwise, the two are radically different.

The billboard just stands there, a physical structure on the roadside, static, usually peddling merchandise for a fee, often containing a photo and a slogan, and persisting unchanging for weeks or months. What does that have in common with this thread? Almost nothing.

Here, the words are in paragraph, not slogans. Here, the words scroll by, then are gone from view. Here, the words generate replies. There is no user fee to be here. How much more different can they be?

Why don't you call this thread a fortune cookie instead of a billboard? It has just as much in common with an Internet thread.

Or how about those terrible heart shaped candies with one or two words on them that come out around Valentine's Day - you know, "BE MINE" and "I LUV U"? They carry language just like an Internet thread and a billboard. Call the thread a candy heart.

==========

LEAST POPULAR CANDY HEART SAYINGS (from topfive)

STD FREE
BE OURS
R THOSE REAL?
A FIFTY IS ON THE BED
PLEASE GET YOUR PERIOD SOON
PULL MY FINGER
R U A COP?
WE NEED TO TALK

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524485 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, seeing some sanity on these threads would be nice.:)
Agreed, and it could best be started with several people leaving, but that may be a vain desire.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#524486 Apr 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
That was my rebuttal--you said our GOD was a myth and I said NO, GOD is not a myth. God is REAL. Make no mistake---God is NOT a myth. Jesus actually walked the earth in the Flesh, and was crucified --died for our Sins and in 3 days Jesus arose. Jesus is our Saviour.
Nice argument.
simplyput wrote:
No Sir, what you are looking for is an ARGUEMENT, and you won't get one for me.
Apparently.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524487 Apr 23, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
+ What I forgot to add... in that Link, Ja?
Ja?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524488 Apr 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers, Lawest100, it is 7:15 Tue morning, and now, heading off to the shower.... Hope all is well in the land up yonder, things have been very tough recently and it sort of makes our little debates in here look pretty 'tame' in comparison....
Greetings Serah, yes, things have been pretty rough on this end as well, but at the same time all is still well as I put it in the masters hands. Hope you have a Blessed day.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#524489 Apr 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Jesus rebuked his enemies so bad they tried to kill him a few times before the cross.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like he made it too tempting.
People wanted him dead because of what he said about them? A few times? I'm not getting a good impression of this Jesus. You certainly wouldn't want such a person living nearby, or have your kids playing with his, would you?.
trifectal believes if he isn't liked by those in the world,
then he is doing a -job well done- for Jesus.
I am beginning to see a persecution complex with some of
these fellas..

Like he has told us..he believes he's here on earth for none
other than self. He is worried about one soul and one soul only- his own.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524490 Apr 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do you. Nobody does.
<quoted text>
Do you ever activate your spell-checker? How smart do you need ot be to do that?
LOL- You are a youngun' aren't you.

I count on trolls to be my spellchecker~ they never let me down.
(c; *wink*

Do you believe Lincoln existed?
Ceaser?
Socrates?

You did not see them- you only think they existed because of what appears to be their words in writing.

Christ was written about with in a few years of Him actually being on the planet by people who worked WITH Him and by the VERY people who KILLED Him.
He shows up in text from NON followers also.

Do a little investigating. Pretend it is a different topic which you would like to learn more on . You don't have to think He is The Christ- but you should not be saying He did not even exist- as saying that, plus your need to be antagonizing- lowers your credibility as an educated adult.

Historically there is NO ARGUMENT that He was on the planet- the only discrepancy is - whether He IS the Son of God. The people who claim to know He is- do so because we have a current relationship WITH the Holy Spirit which is initiated by our asking for forgiveness and admitting that WE feel His presence.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#524491 Apr 23, 2013
convince you? are you out of your mind? What benefit is it to anyone here, to convince you that you have a soul? If you do not believe you have anything to worry about after you die, then so be it.

You keep wanting to take the onus off yourself, and put that onus on to others. It not work like that writer.

Therefore, you live your life in your body, and on this earth. And if you do not believe you will be held accountable by a Higher Power for your decisions, choices and actions in this life, then that is what you decide.

I decide, just the opposite. I will be accountable for my decisions and choices in the 80 or 90 years of life I was able to live. And one of those accountability is what I did with the knowledge of the saving of soul sacrifice from a Gracious YHWH Almighty God that being the Son Yeshua Jesus Christ.

Convince you? really? You really think that is the job of any writer here is to convince you? The job of convincing you, belongs to [YOU]!

You convince yourself. You can't blame that on no one....
[QUOTE who="boooots"]<qu oted text>
But neither you nor anyone else here has convinced me that I have an eternal soul, and I have given up that notion years ago. I am responsilbe though as long as my brain is working for how I act and how I treat others in this life, but as to what happens after that, I take no responsibility at all, because I will be dead and according to what I have gain from everyone on this site, I will know no more.
In the meantime, should I be completely wrong about this eternal life thing, I have not done any wrongs in my life for which I should fear having to face an eternal life. I will not worship any entity that would condemn me to a horrible eternal life, if such existed, for anything that I have done or not done in my life. The thought of existing eternally though has no appeal to me at all.
...and since worshiping an entity does not appeal to you, then you have decided not to worship an entity. That is [your] decision, and your choice. it always comes back on [you].

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#524492 Apr 23, 2013
Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it also a coupon?
Is it a book report?
Is it a bumper sticker?
No. It's a message board or internet forum.
nah, it's a billboard, and that is my final answer lol.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#524493 Apr 23, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
The Day is soon my sweet friend when the banquet table will be all set for His Church -- I hope your seat is close to mine --
TLC - Jute
oy! that is a lovely picture writer!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#524494 Apr 23, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it took me a bit longer to get back in here than I expected as it is almost after midnight ushering in early morning of the next day lol --
Don't mind me rambling - long day and tired, just saw your reply to me and wanted you to know I do love your new avatar -- does it hold special meaning for you?
TLC - Judy
I admire the softness and the mystique of Daniel Gerhartz(the artist). His work has a calmness about it.

https://www.google.com/search...

Hope you enjoy the art exhibit!

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524495 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure that I disagree with everything you have said, but except for some abnormailites that some of us are born with, all babies are born having no attitudes about anything, other than an instinct to get some food, and a need to sleep. How they grow up is controlled by how those who influence them, influence them.
Yes some kids will grow up different than the environment and the treatment they received but that would be the exception rather than the rule.
Though society can't condone behavior that places others in danger or actually harms others, we do have to understand that those who do nothing but the wrong things when they grow up somehow were influenced to do that as they were growing up by how they perceived the world and them in it, by how they were treated, what they were taught, and all the other things that affected their early lives. It was a lot of years ago, but I think I was told that children get most of their driving forces by the age of 5 or so. At that age they are not capable of making adult decisions, so whatever are the main attitudes about life are already instilled in them before they have developed the thinking ability to logically reason things out. So the impact that the adults have on children is very important when they are young, because that to a great extent will influence a lot of what they do the rest of their lives. Obviously they will gain much more knowledge and skills after that, but a lot of their attitudes will already be set.
It is still choice~ Not all people who grow up in abusive homes are (or stay) abusers. People give over to "poor me - look what THEY did to ME" and retaliate against the world while wallowing in self pity.
Maybe they don't know that life does not have to feel that way. Certainly most people have visited depression- Situations which cause grief or terror DO change the chemistry of our body. Those that live i nvictim mind set do not know that the more you wallow- the less likely it is that your body chemistry and outlook will improve with the choice to make it do so.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524496 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawest, I can't think of specific names right now, as I was just reading some stories about the Boston bombings, and that is sort of crowding my brain, however I have seen some of the most ardent Christians on Topix make the most hateful comments about gays in their posts over the years I have been on here.
It is not always necessary to use the word hate, for one to recognize that is what is being expressed.
You have to excuse me if I am a little dubious about the idea of your reading so many hateful statements directed toward gays, the reason that I say that is because you have a number of people posting on this thread who have accused me personally as well as others, that we are forwarding hate speech against gays simply by way of our quoting Bible scripture on the subject, and by way of our refusing to support the lifestyle of others who engage in it.

Simply because they cannot believe where God and his Word is concerned, they defend the sinful act by calling God and his Word an evil and hateful thing, and I admit to being a little intolerant toward such hateful and blasphemous lies, but I leave it in the masters hands as I pray for them as well that God peradventure will have mercy upon them at some point in their lives and open their minds and hearts to his glorious light and truth.

I understand that there are many who call themselves believers IN Christ while at the same time expresses great hatred and vulgarity against not only gays but people in general who do not agree with them, but it is still not for me to either say that they are not saved or proclaim and confirm their sainthood IN Christ, they may simply be over passionate about what they believe and that can make a believer a little too fiery with their words at times, but as far as unbelievers and supporters of sin goes.........the pendulum still swings both ways.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#524497 Apr 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If any people are truly born gay, it's an incredibly small percentage of them. I mean like .001% of the 'gay' population.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. you're wrong ..
Because you say so?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#524498 Apr 23, 2013
Truths wrote:
by contaminating our food sources, medicines and water supply - all for their own personal profit. Those WITH God- do NOT do those things to others. Those WITH God- do not succumb to the level of grief that stops OUR hope .

Hi Deb.

I found this quote from you in one of IANS' posts.
I do not have time to go into the thread and find your original post, so I just copy and pasted the above.

Just wondering..
Shouldn't you have written:

Those WITH God -SHOULD NOT- do those things to other's. And,
Those WITH God -SHOULD NOT- succumb to the level of grief that stops our hope.
??

I see a heck of alot of people claiming to have a heart for God doing those very things, here on
topix and surely in the real world....

Wishing you a great day..Talk with you later..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#524499 Apr 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Because the facts say otherwise.
Do you live in a bottle?
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
12 oz.
Now that you are almost out of your teens...go for the 1 liter apartment...you get a sunroom.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524500 Apr 23, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the scripture brother (c:
You are welcome Deb.(C:

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524501 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Pleased to meet you too, Deb, and I am Larry. My name has already ben exposed in full on another Topix thread by a very devout 'born again Christian" who obtained my name illegally from police and then posted it on Topix so that people would know who I am, as I had not revealed my name to anyone there, except two who were friends on facebook.
(c: Thanks (((((Larry))))))

I don't know how long I will stay in the thread this time through- but I am glad to have been in to meet you.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524502 Apr 23, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need is Faith boots.
If one is truly wanting to know if God exist, then would'nt it be smart to go by his directions in the BOOK (Holy Bible), instead of looking under a microscope or in the endless trails in the theory's of science?
The simplicity of knowing and having a relationship with God/Jesus is not a scientific method, and does not require math problems, equations and the measure of time space and matter..
The Bible says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists:“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him”(Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith.“Then Jesus told him,‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed’”(John 20:29).
The Bible tells us that people will reject the clear and undeniable knowledge of God and believe a lie instead. Romans 1:25 declares,“They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. The Bible also proclaims that people are without excuse for not believing in God:“For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse”(Romans 1:20).
Good post ~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aura Mytha 774,931
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Estelle 559,327
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min scirocco 119,646
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 175,596
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 744
Why do Mexicans try to be white so bad? (Mar '09) 2 hr nomoreillegal 625
bless the jews (Nov '08) 2 hr Set free 7,055
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Barnsweb 441,764
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Aura Mytha 265,082
More from around the web