|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is. It's an advertisement board for views opinions and messages, a billboard. At least to me.
Is it also a coupon?

Is it a book report?

Is it a bumper sticker?

No. It's a message board or internet forum.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
After DoC's passing there were some Christians that showed up on WINLAC to leave their condolences with..."he's burning in hell". I find it disrespectful.
I don't recall (not saying it didn't happen) but when there have been Christians that passed...I can not remember their passing being treated so rudely.
I will say...there were many Christians that showed to offer their sincere respect not only for DoC but for those that called him friend.
I gotta stand with ya on that Annie.
What happened there really got to me too. I guess it was obvious. I didn't want ta post when I was seething, so I refrained.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
The Day is soon my sweet friend when the banquet table will be all set for His Church -- I hope your seat is close to mine --
TLC - Jute
Yes Mam, and what a day that will be.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent posts BOOOOTS~ I also just read this one. "boooots wrote:
"I don't revile God, but I also don't believe in a god. I also do not want to revile you, and I see no reason not to be perfectly good friends debating a topic, if that is what we both want to do.
My problem with other posters here has not been that they are believers and I am not, but what they say about certain other people which I find repugnant, or if we are actually debating a particular topic and I give my point of view, or someone else does, and then the believer comes back and tells them that they are evil and going to hell for thinking that way.
I don't find that form of posting as polite or conducive to discussion, but rather it stops discussion and leads to "I am better than you are" kind of grade school bullying that I was very familiar with as a small child. "
YOU remind me of one of OUR very favorite posters who has passed away~ He was a believer in Christ- who had a simialar style of writing and visiting. Honored to meet you. I am Deb~
Pleased to meet you too, Deb, and I am Larry. My name has already ben exposed in full on another Topix thread by a very devout 'born again Christian" who obtained my name illegally from police and then posted it on Topix so that people would know who I am, as I had not revealed my name to anyone there, except two who were friends on facebook.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
What is said in the volume of a book that is believed to be the word of God does not prove the existence of God. One needs to know first that God exists, and then whether God is or could be the author of a book, and then whether what He authored could or could not be true.
Those are some pretty big unknowns.
All you need is Faith boots.

If one is truly wanting to know if God exist, then would'nt it be smart to go by his directions in the BOOK (Holy Bible), instead of looking under a microscope or in the endless trails in the theory's of science?

The simplicity of knowing and having a relationship with God/Jesus is not a scientific method, and does not require math problems, equations and the measure of time space and matter..

The Bible says that we must accept by faith the fact that God exists:“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him”(Hebrews 11:6). If God so desired, He could simply appear and prove to the whole world that He exists. But if He did that, there would be no need for faith.“Then Jesus told him,‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed’”(John 20:29).

The Bible tells us that people will reject the clear and undeniable knowledge of God and believe a lie instead. Romans 1:25 declares,“They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. The Bible also proclaims that people are without excuse for not believing in God:“For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse”(Romans 1:20).
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it also a coupon?
Is it a book report?
Is it a bumper sticker?
No. It's a message board or internet forum.
Why does it bother you if he calls it a billboard?

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I gotta stand with ya on that Annie.
What happened there really got to me too. I guess it was obvious. I didn't want ta post when I was seething, so I refrained.
Yeah, I was seething as well... people can be so cruel.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use aliases but in here I have a lot of nic names such as Grans, Gramms, Granny, Jute ,Sister Granny,OSG also someone called me Grandmiere - I love that one --and a few names I choose not to repeat lol -- but somewhere along the line I started using my given not sure why, but too late to undo it.
Many of us that has come together in here have gathered on facebook as well, and that is where our real names come in and we must be careful not to mention them in here unless they don't mind.
Facebook has been wonderful in undividing the division between some posters that has occurred along the way -- given a chance to meet one another in the real world since this one is called cyber world lol -- but I can assure you I've met many wonderful friends across this great nation thru this room and hope to meet many many more.
I turned 65 in late Aug and took early retirement although I work more now than I ever did -- nice to meet you -- and also I'm from mid Michigan where Spring is getting a late start for us --
TLC - Judy
Interesting as my wife also turned 65 in late August, and I was raised in Canada not very far from mid Michigan if you are referring to the part of Michigan that is on Lake Huron. I understand that some people in parts further north in Ontario have had quite a bit of snow again. In fact we had snow coming down here yesterday, though we often get very little snow all winter (this year was an exception, but I was 2400 miles south of here for most of it).

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So Constantine is more powerful than YHWH that Constantine had more control over the bible Canon than YHWH almighty? that your point?
Correct. Just like Muhammad, John Smith, and Adolf Hitler.

People write all sorts of things and claim them to be God's Word.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see that post... why would Hu post that?
I didn't see it either.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Ran out of intelligent things to say ?

IN Trifecta's defense, these Internet forums are what in pre-internet computing days were called Bulletin Boards from the non-computer Bill Board.

It has nothing to do with the roadside signs of the same name.

Trifecta is simply using the original name for what Topix is.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
No Sir, what you are looking for is an ARGUEMENT, and you won't get one for me.
That was my rebuttal--you said our GOD was a myth and I said NO, GOD is not a myth. God is REAL.
Make no mistake---God is NOT a myth. Jesus actually walked the earth in the Flesh, and was crucified --died for our Sins and in 3 days Jesus arose. Jesus is our Saviour.
It is a myth, else you could prove it otherwise, as a literal and real entity with evidence.

All you have is anecdotal stories and legend.

Myth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well of course I do not live in a bottle
ya know I not no genie.lol.
But if I was a genie Oh man could I do
wonders with that type of gift.lol
have a good one.
I bet you could too!
Hahah!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
:)

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
When I'm dead, everybody here has my permission to say any derogatory thing they want to about me.

I'll stay silent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ran out of intelligent things to say ?
IN Trifecta's defense, these Internet forums are what in pre-internet computing days were called Bulletin Boards from the non-computer Bill Board.
It has nothing to do with the roadside signs of the same name.
Trifecta is simply using the original name for what Topix is.
Yep

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just pestering him.

I hope he keeps it up. I think it's cute.

Like when Gramps calls the remote control the "clicker".

If you'd prefer I lambast all his stupid opinions instead, I can do that. He has a lot of them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a myth, else you could prove it otherwise, as a literal and real entity with evidence.
Myth.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>

This one time at band camp.

My friend had a cello.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you could too!
Hahah!
I got the music crankin tonight remember ole johnny cash and ring of fire,jackson.cadallac,lol.Yep havin a jammin session here tonight.lol have a good one.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Myth.
God is real--no myth --but go on with your denial, you are only hurting yourself and your family .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 503,521 - 503,540 of599,025
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

437 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min USA Born 532,221
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min The Awakener 172,179
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min Remnant of 144000 38,436
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Dalit Trolls Fixers 114,928
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min dirty white boy- 719,807
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Dave Nelson 223,974
Tax Squeal Report Tax Fraud | Tax Schemes 22 min quarrie oriard 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min Insults Are Easier 256,337
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••