Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#524467 Apr 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Does your UNBELIEF make it a reality that there is no God. NO
You've got it backwards. Nothing is real just because you fervently wish it were.

Faith is not a path to knowledge, since any comment or its opposite can be believed by faith. There is nothing, however ridiculous, that cannot be believed by faith.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#524468 Apr 23, 2013
.....Morning.....

Yawn......

“I really feel that nature is trying so hard
to compensate for man’s mismanagement of the planet.
Because the planet is sick, like a fever.
If we don’t fix it now, it’s at the point of no return.
This is our last chance to fix this problem that we have,
where it’s like a runway train.
And the time has come, This Is It.
People are always saying,
‘They’ll take care of it.
The government’ll–Don’t worry, they’ll–’
‘They’ who?
It starts with us.
It’s us.
Or else it’ll never be done…”

~ Michael Jackson

Thought for the Day

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#524469 Apr 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never did.
My point exactly, this guy claims that all teachings are moot right after the coming of Jesus.
So by saying that, he immediately destroys his opinions that homosexuality is a sin.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524470 Apr 23, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, who created mankind in your image, you sure made a colorful world of people! As I stop and watch and reflect on the people I see, I notice how everyone is unique. Sometimes I'm frustrated by others' personalities and actions; other times I am blessed; still other times I am amused. The fact is, though we were made in your image, you gave us each a will of our own and instilled different gifts, personalities, and potential within us. How boring it would be if we were all just alike! The "spice" of life is made up of all those different people, with different ideas, and various contributions. Thank you for caring enough that we are not your puppets, but are unique individuals, each called to fill special places in your great plan for our lives. I pray that you will keep my eyes open, my mind alert, and my will in tune so that I will use all you have given me--gifts, personality, skills, desires--to the best of my ability, for the edification of the saints, reaching the lost, and glorifying you. Please forgive my past failures and empower me today for all you want to do through me. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524471 Apr 23, 2013
Encouraging Words....

So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy.

John 16:22

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524472 Apr 23, 2013
Running a little late today.....Will catch up later....

Have a great day!!

Montreal

#524474 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
In all fairness, CS, considering the likely amount of hatred that Lacez has had to face in his/her life (I actually do not remember which he/she is - this being 66 years old does have it's disadvantages), do you not think that the word bigot would be something that he would have in his vocabulary? It certainly is one that I have often used with some people, and I am not gay, nor have I ever been persecuted for the condition of my birth, though I have actually experienced a lot of bullying in my first years of grade school, mostly from neighbors who were also related to me.
Some people, though they may not be smart enough to know any better, are bigots, and no amount of coloring that differently will change the fact.
Thank you.
The same goes for gay individuals.
They are the one's who are gay, they have more say in the matter of whether it is a choice or not.
The overwhelming majority say it isn't a choice, so why are supposedly straight people telling them that it IS a choice, as if they had ever made that choice themselves (which when asked they say they haven't).

It's only to make them feel better about hating others, to make them feel like they're in the right. Of course, they KNOW they aren't in the right deep down, but they lie to themselves until they believe it.

Would you like being recognized as a bigot?
No.
So if you were a bigot, what would you do to remedy that?
Changing your views is too hard, especially since you've been pushing them too long. You would feel embarrassed if you relinquished those views all of a sudden.
So the other choice is to go deeper within your wrongs.
To lie to yourself and others, claiming you are not a bigot.
Eventually, you will start to believe it yourself.

Fennario

#524475 Apr 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Jesus rebuked his enemies so bad they tried to kill him a few times before the cross.
It sounds like he made it too tempting.

People wanted him dead because of what he said about them? A few times? I'm not getting a good impression of this Jesus. You certainly wouldn't want such a person living nearby, or have your kids playing with his, would you?.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#524476 Apr 23, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Running a little late today.....Will catch up later....
Have a great day!!
You too sweetie :-)

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524477 Apr 23, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
((((((DOC))))))))!!
Hi there friend (c:
It should be that REAL Born agains do not antagonize and belittle others ~ yet I see many who claim to be- doing just that. Accepting Christ for REAL means doing things His way for Gods purpose and glory- EVEN when others misbehave .
Matthew 23 is a perfect directory to guage if we are helping or harming His efforts.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

I write this to Christians because the bible also tells us that iron sharpens iron- In this context of how I present it.... it is in reminding each that EACH who says we are Christians- and have asked the Holy Spirit for help- will have strengths which another is lacking in-

If we give counsel out of a heart toward His message- and toward each other- progress for His kingdom is made.

In the past-
when I posted here regularly, some people accused me of posting for self glory. It was other Christians !
This is the furthest thing from my heart- I post in order to do my part for God's kingdom- so that we all can grow. So that all who claim to be His can do things His way- for His glory and His kingdom.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524478 Apr 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctors, Psychologist, biologists, chemists, etc.
Because THEY can gain 'friends' and CASH .

People can ALWAYS choose to NOT drink- but society takes away the desire to MAKE the choice- by teaching people that they can't help it. So the person lives dependent on chemicals to make them feel good temporarily....putting themselves and usually their families into VICTIM status.... which brings a whole NEW income to psych's who treat mental disorders of CHILDREN of alcoholics....

How old are you ? C'mon . You know all of this to be true.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524479 Apr 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>O tay,Buh wheat.
LOL
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Montreal

#524480 Apr 23, 2013
Truths wrote:
The point being-
Some people claim alcoholics are BORN that way...guesss who says so? Yup- drunks .
And genetics say that as well.
People who have a history of addiction in their family have much higher chances of becoming an addicted to that item.
You prove your ignorance through this entire comment and I will point out where.
Truths wrote:
Some people claim abusing children is in their genetics...and THEY can't help it... guess WHO says that?- YUP -child abusers.
Abusing children isn't in genetics but a tendency and a inhibition to abuse children. It is not a choice to become a pedophile, for example, but a person is just a pedophile. The difference between the pedophile and the child molester is the choice to get help to control the urges or to go out and molest children.
It is defined as a mental deficiency due to the fact that others can come to harm if acted upon.

Once again, your ignorance is evident.
Truths wrote:
Some people claim that DRUG abuse is genetic...GUESS who says that? YUP Drug abusers...
Look back to the comment of alcoholism.

Ignorance once again displayed.
Truths wrote:
Some people claim that their dad beat THEIR mom- and that it is the only way THEY know how to treat a spouse...GUESS who says that? YUP- spouse abusers.
Indoctrination. When you are taught all your life to do something a certain way, then that's how you believe things to be. Same as you, you have been taught by your parents probably, and the church, to hate gay individuals.

Ignorance yet again.
Truths wrote:
Animal abusers have anger issues due to what was done to them....
Murderers have every right to KILL someone who made them mad...or EMBARRASSED them like their DADS did....
There is no "right" to harm anyone or anything.
If you truly believe that anyone advocates for a person's right to kill or abuse, then yet again, you are messed up in the head.

You cannot compare gay individuals to murderers because there is no harm being done.
Besides, the fact that you are TRYING to compare gay individuals to murderers proves that you are a bigot. You are showing extreme intolerance and hate towards gay individuals.
Truths wrote:
AND there is "SCIENTIFIC PROOF" that ALL those things are true~
Persons in JAIL CLAIM that THEY got the way THEY are due to what the world DID to THEM...
ALL because liberals with NO conscience took away personal accountability in order to sell people ?cures?- whether it be Pharms or psychologists- or self help books- PEOPLE were taught that they were NOT responsible for their actions...they were BORN that way...or society MADE them do the wrong.
EVERY one of those people has a choice-
Remember - for every crime commited-persons in JAIL CLAIM that THEY got the way THEY are due to what the world DID to THEM...
Sorry - but personal desires to give into ANY situation is STILL CHOICE.
Maybe people do not all have the enviornment to make better choices when they are young - so they grab onto sexual pleasure with self and whom ever in order to feel 'better'- That is unhealthy whether gay or straight- It is turning to a possible destructive habit instead of learning coping skills and maturing.Therefore setting themselves and their loved one up for a life time of trauma and drama over the small things. Because they never learned to KNOW that OTHERS are more important than self. Learning to SEE and to help others IS KEY to healing everything done TO us.
If you don't believe in psychology, then I really can't continue this discussion because you are obviously horribly uneducated in the matter.
People choose whether they want to get the no-name brand or the well-known brand. They DON'T choose whether they like chocolate over vanilla. That is an attraction that you can't change.
If you like chocolate more than vanilla or vice-versa, then that's how it is.

You are so ignorant, it's unbelievable.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#524481 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
Sorry triefects1, it is not a matter of doubting. It didn't happen. Would you say that YHWH made sure when some denominations later removed some of the books, and others added in those previously omitted, or that YHWH made sure when 40,000 different braches of Christianity developed due to slight or large disagrrements?
<quoted text>
Good morning Boooots~

Gods message remains in tact -inspite of any errors humans -for what ever reason did.

Different denominations simply means that no matter what type of service a person is looking for- IT'S out there for them to attach to and to grow in. IF the church preaces the gospels- people will hear His message and invite the Holy Spirit in . In inviting Him in, people open up for direction.
Off the top of my head....
In other areas of our lives- we do not throw out a favorite novel if there is a typo.

we do NOT quit going to marathons because a bomb went off at one.

We do not quit going to doctors because ONE in Califonia was not trained properly

We don't arrest all men because a few are abusers..

We don't put all children into reform school because a few are lacking social skills...

PEOPLE make the errors of which you are throwing away God for.

God gives a set of guidelines which help us all in daily life.
Laws if you will...
Just like society has in order to KEEP order.

If someone breaks the law in our land- we expect the crimminal to be penalized or jailed.
Why would God's kingdom run less efficient?

God gives ample warnings with in His word- to the ancient societies- They chose instead to honor the "if it feels good do it" life style... God had to do what He said He would.

God still does what He said He would- Yet - in His love for His creations- He set a way for us to be forgiven of our crimes. He gave Jesus as a sacrifice for OUR wrongful behaviors. So that those who admit their crimes could ask for help in cleaning up.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#524482 Apr 23, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
The same goes for gay individuals.
They are the one's who are gay, they have more say in the matter of whether it is a choice or not.
The overwhelming majority say it isn't a choice, so why are supposedly straight people telling them that it IS a choice, as if they had ever made that choice themselves (which when asked they say they haven't).
It's only to make them feel better about hating others, to make them feel like they're in the right. Of course, they KNOW they aren't in the right deep down, but they lie to themselves until they believe it.
Would you like being recognized as a bigot?
No.
So if you were a bigot, what would you do to remedy that?
Changing your views is too hard, especially since you've been pushing them too long. You would feel embarrassed if you relinquished those views all of a sudden.
So the other choice is to go deeper within your wrongs.
To lie to yourself and others, claiming you are not a bigot.
Eventually, you will start to believe it yourself.
Nice post.

I am appalled to the level some here, as Lawlest and a
few others,
will sink to cling to their theory that being gay is a choice.

Do their judgements of another's being stem from fear, or
simple self righteousness??
They claim to stand on God's word in their blatant loathing of
the gay population- they want to tell you who you can love and
who you can be intimate with..

It's frustrating, to me, that one can claim a God of Love and
yet go into the world and harshly judge those different from them, in
the name of their Lord..
Whose "work" do they really think they are doing??
Who has given them the authority to be judge and jury
in the first
place??

Maybe they should walk a mile in the shoes of someone who is
born attracted to the same sex? Then maybe a bit of empathy will begin to
grow within their hearts??
-I don't know..*sigh*

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#524483 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I did listen to the first link and a bit of the next part which showed beside the video, and I had to stop because personally I find the pastor who was preaching against homosexuality, as being much too irritating to listen to, and his style of preaching, with the one guy reading a verse, and then his coming back with all the crap he does, is most irritating, and IMO, more trying to be a shart aleck then actually being smart.
I didn't hear enough of what the gay man had to say but he had a way of speaking which was conducive to wanting to listen to him, because he seemed to be speaking from humility and thought, rather than bombastic. It you have had the misfortune to ever watch some videos of Dr Zahir Naik, a former Indian medical doctor who quit his medical profession to spend his life speaking on behalf of Islam, then I think you will see the same kind of smart aleck speaking which, in Naik's case at least, has a lot of words and well memorized verses but little intelligence to it. I would walk out if I had ever had to sit in one of his lectures. Similarly for that pastor on your link. http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCaqo6BQlN2VA
Both this pastor and Naik try to use the force of their confidence into 'tricking' people into believing what they are saying when they are really not saying anything. In Naik's case most of his points could be refuted by a person without any basic science knowledge. In the Christian pastor's case, since I don't believe any of the Bible stories, it is rather irrelevant whether he knows what he is talking about or not. Naik, because he refers specifically to science and how it supposedly confirms Islam, basically doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.
I suspect the pastor's, in those videos, method of preaching is a form of hypnosis, rather than rational reasoned out presentations.
Thank you for checking them out, your response to it however is not surprising at all, when you don't have a mind to believe then naturally you'd have an aversion to God's truth, Jennings delivered the Word perfectly on this subject and the gay man Harry Knox had nowhere to go while claiming Christ and trying to hold on to his lascivious affections, sorry the spirit didn't move on you to appreciate what God was bringing through Pastor Gino, but again, thanks for checking it out.

Fennario

#524484 Apr 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Yes it is. It's an advertisement board for views opinions and messages, a billboard. At least to me.
Is that the way it seems to you? Nice thinking, Derp.

All that a message board in cyberspace for the purpose of expressing religious opinions has in common with a billboard is that they can both contain written language. A Chinese fortune cookie and a gravestone can also do that.

Otherwise, the two are radically different.

The billboard just stands there, a physical structure on the roadside, static, usually peddling merchandise for a fee, often containing a photo and a slogan, and persisting unchanging for weeks or months. What does that have in common with this thread? Almost nothing.

Here, the words are in paragraph, not slogans. Here, the words scroll by, then are gone from view. Here, the words generate replies. There is no user fee to be here. How much more different can they be?

Why don't you call this thread a fortune cookie instead of a billboard? It has just as much in common with an Internet thread.

Or how about those terrible heart shaped candies with one or two words on them that come out around Valentine's Day - you know, "BE MINE" and "I LUV U"? They carry language just like an Internet thread and a billboard. Call the thread a candy heart.

==========

LEAST POPULAR CANDY HEART SAYINGS (from topfive)

STD FREE
BE OURS
R THOSE REAL?
A FIFTY IS ON THE BED
PLEASE GET YOUR PERIOD SOON
PULL MY FINGER
R U A COP?
WE NEED TO TALK

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524485 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, seeing some sanity on these threads would be nice.:)
Agreed, and it could best be started with several people leaving, but that may be a vain desire.

Fennario

#524486 Apr 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
That was my rebuttal--you said our GOD was a myth and I said NO, GOD is not a myth. God is REAL. Make no mistake---God is NOT a myth. Jesus actually walked the earth in the Flesh, and was crucified --died for our Sins and in 3 days Jesus arose. Jesus is our Saviour.
Nice argument.
simplyput wrote:
No Sir, what you are looking for is an ARGUEMENT, and you won't get one for me.
Apparently.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524487 Apr 23, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
+ What I forgot to add... in that Link, Ja?
Ja?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min nanoanomaly 981,306
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 673,248
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min ROCCO 104,712
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,620
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 1 hr YTubeNews 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Peter Ross 445,859
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr ChromiuMan 6,187
More from around the web