|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Without worms you would have no soil"
O_o
???
That begs the question, which came first - the worm or the soil.....?
This reminds me of a 'joke'

A pastor told his congregation
I am going to put 3 cans of soil with worms in it

in the 1st can I am going to put alcolhol, like jack daniels, bourbon etc in the soil with the worms.

In the 2nd can , I am going to put cigarrets, ashes and all kinds of tobacco in it , with the worms

In the 3rd can , nothing but 'clean soil with the worms in it.

Next week we will open up the cans.

Next week came, and the pastor opened the can with alcolhol in it and the worms were DEAD.

He opened the can with cigarret ashes and tobacco in it and the worms were DEAD.

He opened up the can with the 'clean soil in it and the worms were ALIVE and thriving!

Now congregation, what does this PROVE???

No one said anything.

Finally a little ole lady stood up and said 'It proves that if you Smoke and Drink, you won't have WORMS!!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
don't get me wrong as i agree with you more so than i do some other 'christian' posers here, BUT can a person be born addicted to....say crack if their mother was using during pregnancy?
similarly, can a person possibly be 'born gay'/with a disposition towards uncleaness/homosexuality since sin is hereditary?:)
If any people are truly born gay, it's an incredibly small percentage of them. I mean like .001% of the 'gay' population.

I don't consider a person that has sex, or has had sex, with both sexes. Those people aren't gay, they're bi. A true gay person will have never had or want sex with the opposite sex, only the same - just like most people that call themselves straight.

I don't consider a woman that has had plenty of sex with men, got married, had kids, etc. as a lesbian. No way, no how. She's bi.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...DoC has passed. Never really thought about looking in either direction...or any direction as far as that goes River.
I thought that you were above this...determining someone else's fate.
Now...since you opened the door...
These people too thought they would be looking down upon others...
They all thought that they would get in...go figure...many won't. They should have worried a little more about themselves instead of taking odds on others.
The Narrow Door
22 Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23 Someone asked him,“Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”
He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading,‘Sir, open the door for us.’
“But he will answer,‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’
26 “Then you will say,‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’
27 “But he will reply,‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’
28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29 People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”
A person that rejects Jesus will not enter Heaven.

Period.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...DoC has passed. Never really thought about looking in either direction...or any direction as far as that goes River.
I thought that you were above this...determining someone else's fate.
Now...since you opened the door...
These people too thought they would be looking down upon others...
They all thought that they would get in...go figure...many won't. They should have worried a little more about themselves instead of taking odds on others.
The Narrow Door
22 Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23 Someone asked him,“Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”
He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading,‘Sir, open the door for us.’
“But he will answer,‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’
26 “Then you will say,‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’
27 “But he will reply,‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’
28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29 People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”
Oh, and I did not determine his fate. He did that all his own.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
This reminds me of a 'joke'
A pastor told his congregation
I am going to put 3 cans of soil with worms in it
in the 1st can I am going to put alcolhol, like jack daniels, bourbon etc in the soil with the worms.
In the 2nd can , I am going to put cigarrets, ashes and all kinds of tobacco in it , with the worms
In the 3rd can , nothing but 'clean soil with the worms in it.
Next week we will open up the cans.
Next week came, and the pastor opened the can with alcolhol in it and the worms were DEAD.
He opened the can with cigarret ashes and tobacco in it and the worms were DEAD.
He opened up the can with the 'clean soil in it and the worms were ALIVE and thriving!
Now congregation, what does this PROVE???
No one said anything.
Finally a little ole lady stood up and said 'It proves that if you Smoke and Drink, you won't have WORMS!!
Ahahaha!!

*whew!*

At least I won't have worms!

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

MapDark wrote:
<quoted text>
And what about the phone calls that never come when you need one .
As for the other two "examples" I really don't see how they're proof of the existence of God.
See if I take a different road from normally it's because I'm bored of having a routine.
As for songs reminding me of peace , it's somewhat a pavlov effect. You heard that song play once during a peaceful time of your life and repeated playing it to make yourself feel good . it's normal that hearing this song afterwards will bring up peaceful feelings. It's pretty similar to the researches that showed that FORCING YOURSELF to smile actually makes you feel happier.
Someone is looking out for you - while you are delaying a
"welcome back".
Long version: One of the newest things I have learned (those ah HA moments) is that when God tells us to think on good things- it is because He knows our body chemistry- He knows that if we are thinking on good things and praising all that He has provided in our lives.... that our body chemistry blends more of the positive chemicals~ Which means we are producing less cortisol... so that when small and larger traumas enter our lives- we can have better coping skills and sound bodies and minds in order to make it through intact.

Short version:
YES- smiling DOES indeed make us feel better (c:

~*~

Was thinking after I left my key board earlier~

Many people (me included for awhile) try and blame God for the bad choices of what people have done. If we blame God then we are letting mankind off the hook- and we think ourselves are off the hook too....from having to hear from God.
God IS still God no matter what we think we know....
A sin against Him is still a sin -even when we wont hear it or believe He is there.

You probably don't know me or my history here at topix- but I tend to 'preach ' to Christians and non Christians alike- about personal accountability. I am writing to you because I feel it on my heart that YOU have some very personal things which have affected your belief.-My faith makes me advance in this conversation.- I do not ask you to share them here- but I am compelled to ask you to reflect on those things~ relfect on what you USED to think was His truths- before you stopped the progression into real faith. What was done to you and what choices did you make in order to feel like you escaped the 'god' thing?

Think on what has transpired in your life since then.

Have you healed from the offenses or do they gnaw at you- so that you feel like you have to defend your position here?

~*~
God not only DOES heal the wounded which have been victims of people wrong choices. HE is willing to HEAL the offender !

That dear one is proof that GOD is~
A MAN made god would offer NO hope to the offenders. "god's " from other religions are NOT like this.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish that I could say that the things in your post are not true. While it has improved all of those things still exist.
On this thread even there are some...that if I were gay...I would not want to encounter in a dark alley. While that number is low there are also some that I feel that would walk on by and ignore what was happening.
I do believe that there are others that would stop to help...even if they thought that it was your fault...simply because you are gay.
I am sorry...no one deserves that...for any reason...whether that be for the color of their skin...their beliefs...their nationality...or their sexual orientation.
I AGREE~

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If any people are truly born gay, it's an incredibly small percentage of them. I mean like .001% of the 'gay' population.
.. you're wrong ..

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
My thinking on the "gay movement" is that, like all persecuted people, they try to emphasize their plight, by sometimes doing things to get the attention of others - riots, strikes, demonstrations, peace rallies, whatever - people go a little beyond everyday life to get their message across.
Gays should never have been demonized in the first place, but man seems to have a tendency to want to have somebody who they can "feel" better than, in order to feel any worth themselves.
It should not be necessary to feed 'gay is good' into the curriculum because people should not have thought of gay as being anything other than one of the orientations of humans, and just accepted all human beings as having equal rights. That should be especially in a school whose purpose is to teach people about the things they need to know when they grow up, and not a place to teach people that they should pick certain other people as being different and treat them badly because they are different.
I agree.

What many haters forget is this :

God Himself mandates FREE WILL~ Each person is free to choose what they will do.

By Christians attacking GAYS- Gays will dig in their heals AGAINST Christians- AND against the message God might have laid on their hearts -IF people had NOT pushed them away from God.

Christians do NOT want to be told that we can't attend churches or have messages of faith in public buildings- yet we expect to have the 'right' to mandate OTHERS personal choices.
God will look at each Christians behavior and judge us according to how we represented Him. Did we behave as Christ? Or offer slurs and hate ?
Did we offer counsel with LOVE for the other person and their eternity----or out of personal things like because we were offended by a behavior.

Christians ARE held responsible and are will be charged with our offenses- many will stand at the gate and hear "DEPART from me" .

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had some of those happen, and I suspect all do. I think I wrote a post about that a day or two ago. In all of the millions of things that happen over the course of your life, there will be some strange coincidences.
The fact that you had the ones you mentioned though, doesn't tell you that God was the acting force in you having those experiences, or does it? What if there is some telepathic skills that we have not yet discovered where humans can think of someone and the other person thinks of them at the same time, because some message has been passed unnoticed between them, that they were not even aware of.
I don't endorse that idea, but it is certainly one that some people talk about, and does not necessitate the existence of a god, or more specifically the God of the Bible.
It most certainly could not be shown as verified proof that God exists.
I think I will repost to you what I posted to MapDark (c:

I don't know who the message is for- them or you- or a lurker -But I am sure I should repost. My mind formed this after our talk.

"Was thinking after I left my key board earlier~ Many people (me included for awhile) try and blame God for the bad choices of what people have done. If we blame God then we are letting mankind off the hook- and we think ourselves are off the hook too....from having to hear from God. God IS still God no matter what we think we know.... A sin against Him is still a sin -even when we wont hear it or believe He is there.
You probably don't know me or my history here at topix- but I tend to 'preach ' to Christians and non Christians alike- about personal accountability. I am writing to you because I feel it on my heart that YOU have some very personal things which have affected your belief.-My faith makes me advance in this conversation.- I do not ask you to share them here- but I am compelled to ask you to reflect on those things~ relfect on what you USED to think was His truths- before you stopped the progression into real faith. What was done to you and what choices did you make in order to feel like you escaped the 'god' thing? Think on what has transpired in your life since then. Have you healed from the offenses or do they gnaw at you- so that you feel like you have to defend your position here?~*~ God not only DOES heal the wounded which have been victims of people wrong choices. HE is willing to HEAL the offender ! That dear one is proof that GOD is~ A MAN made god would offer NO hope to the offenders."
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly , to the people who say that being gay is not a choice; Why would someone , in this day and age CHOOSE to be a glutton, an adulterer/fornicator, greedy, a drug/alcohol addict, mean-spirited, ungrateful...etc?!
So...y do u choose to be an adulterer/fornicator?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
The point being-
Some people claim alcoholics are BORN that way...guesss who says so? Yup- drunks .
Some people claim abusing children is in their genetics...and THEY can't help it... guess WHO says that?- YUP -child abusers.
Some people claim that DRUG abuse is genetic...GUESS who says that? YUP Drug abusers...
Some people claim that their dad beat THEIR mom- and that it is the only way THEY know how to treat a spouse...GUESS who says that? YUP- spouse abusers.
Animal abusers have anger issues due to what was done to them....
Murderers have every right to KILL someone who made them mad...or EMBARRASSED them like their DADS did....
AND there is "SCIENTIFIC PROOF" that ALL those things are true~
Persons in JAIL CLAIM that THEY got the way THEY are due to what the world DID to THEM...
ALL because liberals with NO conscience took away personal accountability in order to sell people ?cures?- whether it be Pharms or psychologists- or self help books- PEOPLE were taught that they were NOT responsible for their actions...they were BORN that way...or society MADE them do the wrong.
EVERY one of those people has a choice-
Remember - for every crime commited-persons in JAIL CLAIM that THEY got the way THEY are due to what the world DID to THEM...
Sorry - but personal desires to give into ANY situation is STILL CHOICE.
Maybe people do not all have the enviornment to make better choices when they are young - so they grab onto sexual pleasure with self and whom ever in order to feel 'better'- That is unhealthy whether gay or straight- It is turning to a possible destructive habit instead of learning coping skills and maturing.Therefore setting themselves and their loved one up for a life time of trauma and drama over the small things. Because they never learned to KNOW that OTHERS are more important than self. Learning to SEE and to help others IS KEY to healing everything done TO us.
Repent.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
oy!, I have no choice but to see you as hopeless. None. I believe with every fiber of my being, 100% sure really, that YHWH God will damn anyone that heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ Yeshua and reject that Gospel to an eternity of unthinkable suffering.[you heard, and reject] So while you living you have all the hope in the world. In fact I wish you the best. But when your soul leave your body when your body die and go up to face YHWH, you have no hope. And in fact even Science says a soul exist. So the only hope you have is that the bible, Yeshua Jesus Christ, YHWH and the Ruach Hakodesh of the Bible God and Godhead, is not true. I with no doubt sure it's true, so you see why I don't have any choice but to see you as hopeless. Maybe you luck out and face the freethinking god or your soul do the float for eternity, see how that work out for ya<quoted text>??? maybe they just got old and physically can't write as much as they use to ???
Pointless for me to tell a writer that say their life is wonderful for me to write [no it's not] that not make sense. I don't know what going on with their life behind and off this billboard. This billboard not for that. All you do on the billboard is discuss. What going on in someone life when they not discussing here, is foolish to guess unless they say.
I happy with my life, so what? That can't mean anything to you. Many Christians not happy, many atheists not happy. Just look at the misery frustration and anger of [it aint necessarily so]..although that is a wannabe atheist, so he not even count. But anyway. Only you know if your life wonderful. And as long as you know, then it not matter what anyone else think.
I can only wish for you trifecta1 that you live long enough to think through what you stated above a bit better. I don't know how old you are but I am guessing quite a bit younger than me, but it must be a huge burden to see so many people in the world, and likely in your life, who you hold no hope for as to their 'eternal future'.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
So...y do u choose to be an adulterer/fornicator?
Good point ;p

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider a person that has sex, or has had sex, with both sexes. Those people aren't gay, they're bi. A true gay person will have never had or want sex with the opposite sex, only the same - just like most people that call themselves straight.
I don't consider a woman that has had plenty of sex with men, got married, had kids, etc. as a lesbian. No way, no how. She's bi.
This guy went into a bar somewhere in Scotland and sat down next to this big, red haired scotsman. After a few pints, the somewhat drunken scot says "ya see that wall over there? I build that wall with my own two hands. But do they call me Angus the wall builder? NO! No they don't" Some more time passes, and some more pints go the way pints go in Scottish bars. Then suddenly, the scot mutters angrily "an' this bar yer in?! Ah built it too. With mah sweat and blood. But do they call me Angus the Bar Builder? Oooooooh no....'Course not." "But fuck one sheep!"
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>

Christians ARE held responsible and will be charged with our offenses- many will stand at the gate and hear "DEPART from me" .
Not REAL,BORN-AGAIN christians.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and I did not determine his fate. He did that all his own.
Curious...why the need to bring that up? I think most of us know how Christians think on that.

Boots asked about WINLAC...I gave him a link...suggested that he reads DoC's opening posts...informed him that DoC passed recently...and that some of us missed his calmness.

Why the need to throw in that you believe him to be burning in hell?

Was it necessary for some reason...did it add to anything that I said to Boots?

I personally...think that it was uncalled for...

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Thank you for the scripture brother (c:
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, it is. BUT, it's an assumption based on the fact that you revile me just like your atheist and blatantly antichrist friends do, but i have yet to see them revile you or you confront them.
what part of gal 6:10 "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, ESPECIALLY to those who are of the household of faith" don't you understand?:)
One day we might even SEE a sermon from u...I'm not holding my breath.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you're wrong ..
He's almost always wrong but I like him.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

447 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
nudist dating question 2 min Christy8623 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessarily so 720,689
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 532,640
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 min ChromiuMan 5,232
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Aura Mytha 224,116
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min NoStress4me 440,828
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min An NFL Fan 115,034
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 172,345
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••