Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>close enough.
I certainly don't know the dogma or the rules of conduct for secular humanists, but I am an atheist. If I was to want to join a secular humanist group, I could very well find that I disagree with some of their objectives. That is a possibility. Not believing in one form of thinking does not mean you obviously accept another form of thinking.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning to you my friend, and almost goodnight from us.
Mon 9-30pm. Trust all is well and you have rested. I have just opened my lap top, and our timing is to the minute!
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
I apologize if I did miss your post, as have quite a lot to go back over between all.
>>>>>Irrira< <<<<

No apology needed, as we live in vastly different time zones, we also have to contend with a thread where the pages build up at an extremely rapid pace, so it is quite easy to miss one another, I am doing fine, and yourself?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly don't know the dogma or the rules of conduct for secular humanists, but I am an atheist. If I was to want to join a secular humanist group, I could very well find that I disagree with some of their objectives. That is a possibility. Not believing in one form of thinking does not mean you obviously accept another form of thinking.
It would be similar to the differences between evangelicals and lutherans. nothing significant.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Boooots- You have seen proof my new friend.
The car rides where you suddenly take a different route for some reason?
The phone call from a friend- exactly when you needed one?
A song that reminds you of peace ?
I have had some of those happen, and I suspect all do. I think I wrote a post about that a day or two ago. In all of the millions of things that happen over the course of your life, there will be some strange coincidences.

The fact that you had the ones you mentioned though, doesn't tell you that God was the acting force in you having those experiences, or does it? What if there is some telepathic skills that we have not yet discovered where humans can think of someone and the other person thinks of them at the same time, because some message has been passed unnoticed between them, that they were not even aware of.

I don't endorse that idea, but it is certainly one that some people talk about, and does not necessitate the existence of a god, or more specifically the God of the Bible.

It most certainly could not be shown as verified proof that God exists.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
My Precious Heavenly Father, Here I am to worship you this day. Here I am to declare that you are my God and lift up your name. I praise you above all on the earth and above every being in the heavens. You are the Almighty, all-powerful and all-knowing God that I come to. You hold me in your hand and watch over me. Thank you for shielding me and loving me. Thank you for your tender mercies and your firm chastisement, oh One who loves more than any other loves. Thank you for reminding me of who you are and who I am. Without you, I am nothing. With you, I am forgiven, blessed, and victorious. Through the blood of Jesus, I am made righteous. I cannot thank you enough for saving my soul and carrying me through this life. In Jesus' name I bow before you. Amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the "truth."
See, it's in quotations because what you actually mean to say is that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Pot meet Kettle.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ian's arguments are really upsetting to you, aren't they.
IANS doesn't have any arguements. He even admitted he is only harrassing me because I confronted him for bullying Lucy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you ask that other than to insult?
At one time on WINLAC there were non-Christians berating Christians for their attitude against gays. Those same non-Christians (who claimed to be pro gay) then used homosexuality to insult the Christians.
IMO
If one claims "that there is nothing wrong with being gay" why would they use it to insult? I don't get it. To me...(and again only my opinion)...that in a sense is maybe more insulting than someone who is honest about being homophobic...
Just wondering...
Annie, do you mind if I ask what WINLAC is? I looked it up on google one other day when it was mentioned here, and I got a lot of hits but none of the ones I looked at seem to fit with the comments I see here about it. I am assuming it is to do with some other discussion site.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
The words are right there in your bible.
That you can't read isn't my fault.
No word twisting, just an understanding of what words mean when you put them together in a sentence.
Pot meet Kettle.

Romans 1:21-32
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the Ugandans.
It's nice to see people like you proud to go against your Jesus's word to love, and instead go on the path to hate.
It only further displays the corruption in religion.
Standing on God's truth is an expression of love, your mind is highly twisted.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...
Today I will have this person lose their job.
This person over here will get cancer.
Now let me pick someone to win the lottery.
This person...hmmm...will lose their child and this other person will get pregnant.
I can't decide what is next for this person yet so he can wait.
and btw
That boat that I took away from you...
Guess what...
This person over here...gets to buy it.
Sounds like a chess game...what move will be next...
Just kidding I suppose but...
Wonder how the idea that God would bother controlling everything...instead of just letting it happen...giving us the chance to play it out.
I don't know "H"...
I have a different idea on how it all works...maybe no more right than the "chess game" version.
None of that is accurate. God gives us free will to do as we choose.

Whether its good or evil...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I stated at the beginning that I do not have a belief in a god, so why would my level of unbelief be astounding? I also believe that there is a possibility, though slight, that in spite of no evidence to prove that any god exists, one might still exist, which man is not aware of. I have stated that before too.
To say that my level of unbelief is astounding is much like, in my opinion, that one would say I knew that the man was dead, but he was much deader than I ever dreamed.
Yes, I suppose someone who believes might have a slight doubt and so their level of belief would be lower than one who believes without reservations, but likely more realistic. Mother Theresa was allegedly a believer in God, yet her history, and her confessor has confirmed this, states that she spent much of her life doubting God. So she had not a very high level of belief.
I would think that any rational person who has normal thought patterns, though they might believe in God, would at some points, because God has never been proved, have to entertain some doubt as to His existence. I doubt one could be human if they didn't at least occasionally have doubt.
I believe that people get inspired, because we often say to someone who does something "what inspired you to do that?".. In some cases, if one became a doctor, as my son did, then one might say that my grandfather, or great grandfather (in my son's case) was a doctor and I was so impressed by how he lived his life that I wanted to follow in his footsteps. But being inspired by the grandfather doesn't mean that the grandfather sent some sort of supernatural spell to the grandson which made him become a doctor. It just means that his feelings about his grandfather made him want to become a doctor.
Similarly I suppose someone, like Billy Graham, if he is a true believer, which I doubt we will ever know, might say that his love for God was so great that he was inspired to become a preacher and to preach about God and His Word, but I still suspect Billy Graham knows it was himself that made his speeches and sermons, not God through Him (if he is being honest). Though I suspect, if truth were known, Graham, like the US President, had a staff which assisted him in writing his sermons, and in some cases wrote them entirely but Billy delivered them.
But Billy Graham was not chosen to author any books of the Bible. So your analogy does not compute.

Mother Theresa is Mother Theresa. Her belief is personal and subjective. I can't compare the belief of Mother Theresa with the beliefs of anyone else.

The soul of Mother Theresa will have to answer to YHWH God for the life she lived in her body on earth. So will I, So will everyone, including You.

Does not matter if you believe that or not.

Maybe you mis-interpreted my use of the word "astounded". I'm not surprise at your unbelief. I'm astounded at the level of your hopelessness seeing you were once a Christian.

But then again, that is [you].

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess we understand each other then; you are accepted by those who revile God and you can agree with them because you don't stand for any particular God, but i do!:)
I don't revile God, but I also don't believe in a god. I also do not want to revile you, and I see no reason not to be perfectly good friends debating a topic, if that is what we both want to do.

My problem with other posters here has not been that they are believers and I am not, but what they say about certain other people which I find repugnant, or if we are actually debating a particular topic and I give my point of view, or someone else does, and then the believer comes back and tells them that they are evil and going to hell for thinking that way.

I don't find that form of posting as polite or conducive to discussion, but rather it stops discussion and leads to "I am better than you are" kind of grade school bullying that I was very familiar with as a small child.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. ever see a Peruvian Kuna scarf ??..
.. they're long, sturdy and inexpensive ..
.. Catcher moving to Peru would be financially beneficial ..
.. what type of scarf do you like best ??..
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I don't talk much do we?
What's up with you and scarves?....:-)
1. No
2. OK
3. But far away from friends and family
4. I don't wear or like scarves
Sorry.....Stay Happy HL
.. you're such a sweet person that I can't possibly respond ..

ALICE?
CATCHER?
CAN ANYONE TIE THIS DOWN FOR EPI?

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you say so?
because you never experienced awsome amazing things in your life.
PW is poor old angry women from africa,cultivate only some sort of werbal hate?
Oh my gosh Dr you couldn't be more wrong about Irrira - most people couldn't walk an inch in her shoes let alone a mile --

As for my self - my life is filled with a journey I'd not want any to have to walk yet wish much could be witnessed by everyone --

Have a great day Dr -- and smile

TLC - Judy

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods advice in how to live- is to protect us from OTHERS... AND ourselves.
ALL PEOPLE should be on a path to growth- This is how it is supposed to be- but we too- are mere humans on a journey.
~*~
Two Kinds of Wisdom
James 3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
They can choose to be gay- whether they admit the how and the why is not as important as the fact that their choice is against Gods will.
I have gay family- I don't dislike them - I help them out even before being asked- but WHAT does it help if I care for their earthly self- and not their eternity?
I do NOT condone 'gay bashing' or hate speech against the persons choice- I have never participated in ANY protest against people-
Liberals took a hold of every area of life over the past 25 yrs- with an agenda to tell people GAY is GOOD- Abortion is GOOD- and also "HERE- there is a pill for your BIPOLAR self"... all for profit and in hopes of trying to make themselves guilt free in all areas...BUT
THERE IS A GOD-
SO regardless of if THEY ALL feel better... God sees it all and IT as sin.
Those who have chosen the gay lifestyle have no effect on me- except when they force the schools to include the LIFESTYLE as acceptable. They can fund THAT- yet they don't want God talked about in school.
Good post Deb.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't revile God, but I also don't believe in a god. I also do not want to revile you, and I see no reason not to be perfectly good friends debating a topic, if that is what we both want to do.
My problem with other posters here has not been that they are believers and I am not, but what they say about certain other people which I find repugnant, or if we are actually debating a particular topic and I give my point of view, or someone else does, and then the believer comes back and tells them that they are evil and going to hell for thinking that way.
I don't find that form of posting as polite or conducive to discussion, but rather it stops discussion and leads to "I am better than you are" kind of grade school bullying that I was very familiar with as a small child.
#1 I like your name -- I find this post honest and sincere and written with a lot of thought and truth --

I've yet to catch up with all the new names here -- but I'm an oldie that Truths forgot to hug today LOL -- look forward to getting to know you -- TLC - Judy

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
GOoD afternoon Scott, glad I saw you in before I have to leave on afternoon transport --

I love this verse -- one of the most powerful ones in all God Word --

TLC - Judy

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie, do you mind if I ask what WINLAC is? I looked it up on google one other day when it was mentioned here, and I got a lot of hits but none of the ones I looked at seem to fit with the comments I see here about it. I am assuming it is to do with some other discussion site.
Here ya go Boots...

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

I would suggest reading the first 4 posts...it set the tone for the thread...until a certain point.

DoC is no longer with us...he passed a couple of months ago. Those of us that posted with him...miss his calmness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 503,281 - 503,300 of596,448
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

534 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Scrooge 679,459
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Sheilaa 109,401
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min pusherman_ 511,733
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min bad bob 168,947
Did you know there are wolves in West Virginia (Mar '11) 22 min Zack 35
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 45 min -USA-1 37,813
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 58 min Ar aR 216,391
teen snapchat nudes 2 hr casher_98 105
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr Jturner4643 217
•••
•••
•••