Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#524161 Apr 22, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well here's a thought for you.
I'm not defending him.
Merely watching the circus and knowing which actors have talent and which are clowns.
Oh! Cool. I do that too. Hi Clown :-)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#524162 Apr 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"the fact that you are a womaniser"
this is NOT a "fact" but the same accusation that my antichrist accusers use against me.
do you accuse your antichrist friends of literally torturing and killing Christians based on the malicious and vile things they say about them in these dabates?
if not, why do you feel it's appropriate to slander and accuse me of adultery???
You ly'n little SOB!

It ain't got nuth'n ta do with religion at all...except that "you" try ta make it so.
Yer god is yer dick.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#524164 Apr 22, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps because those are things that people do choose, whereas being gay is not. The only choices that gays can make is to how they are going to relate their orientation to the rest of the world. They would have several choices of how to deal with their homosexuality, but not how to not be homosexual.
you're talking to someone who personally knows people who have been gay, but now are hetero; have been hetero and now are gay; are both gay and hetero depending on how horny they are at any given moment.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#524165 Apr 22, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you honestly believe that God, if He is an all-knowing, perfect entity, who demands and deserves our love and worship, would make such a major change in direction from His horrible abuses of humans, as shown in the Old Testament to total love as is shown by Jesus' teachings?
Would a being that had such Power really screw up that badly in the beginning?
To save one possible reply, I don't think that a reply such as God didn't screw up, man did, will cut it.
I'm sorry but the only thing that is screwed up here is your irractic and unblessed thinking, God did everything that you unbelievers complain about concerned his chosen people the hebrews / isrealites, when they were disobedient, he allowed them to be over taken and punished by their enemies, and in due time he exacted his revenge against her enemies for their harsh treatment of his people, the nations of the earth at that time were pagan people who were idol worshippers and offered up sacrifices to false Gods, and he wanted his people separate from them, and in this dispensation of grace he offered up himself a more excellent sacrifice with the shedding of the blood of his son Jesus, which was the ultimate act of love, so that we don't have to kill bullocks and rams and goats and such to offer up as a sacrifice for our sins any longer, and a little later down the line he included the gentile people as a partaker of his glorious gifts, for he so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him, shall have eternal life.

When you go on a tirade like you did in your post, you really put yourself in a position of trying to be wiser than the God that created you, and you simply are further demonstrating your dilapidated state of mind as it pertains to things Godly.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524166 Apr 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"Word of God"?
You might as well be espousing the views of the "Word Of Yosemite Sam".
Sad thing is that your mind likely believe what you've just posted.

Location hidden

#524167 Apr 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's stupid. That's like asking someone drug-free; "When you choose to not do drugs?"
We are born drug-free just like we're born straight.
Wrong.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524168 Apr 22, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of all these reasons is why I gave you the link to refer to...for you!
In the meantime all is well...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Trust at some time between all we can share more, Ja?
As pertains to the first page of this thread, ja?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524169 Apr 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
EYE OPENING? I'll be the judge of that.
Nope.
Just ask God sincerely to remove the glue, they'll open.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#524170 Apr 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Here is a very interesting discussion that I saw a few years back on the 'truth of God' telecast between Pastor Gino Jennings of 'the First Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ' in Philadelphia, PA. and Harry Knox of a organization calling themselves 'the right to marry', I would recommend that any who will to take time to listen and view these links as Jennings really bring out the Word of God on homosexuality in a fairly heated debate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HI_CyURfl2AXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I did listen to the first link and a bit of the next part which showed beside the video, and I had to stop because personally I find the pastor who was preaching against homosexuality, as being much too irritating to listen to, and his style of preaching, with the one guy reading a verse, and then his coming back with all the crap he does, is most irritating, and IMO, more trying to be a shart aleck then actually being smart.

I didn't hear enough of what the gay man had to say but he had a way of speaking which was conducive to wanting to listen to him, because he seemed to be speaking from humility and thought, rather than bombastic. It you have had the misfortune to ever watch some videos of Dr Zahir Naik, a former Indian medical doctor who quit his medical profession to spend his life speaking on behalf of Islam, then I think you will see the same kind of smart aleck speaking which, in Naik's case at least, has a lot of words and well memorized verses but little intelligence to it. I would walk out if I had ever had to sit in one of his lectures. Similarly for that pastor on your link. http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCaqo6BQlN2VA

Both this pastor and Naik try to use the force of their confidence into 'tricking' people into believing what they are saying when they are really not saying anything. In Naik's case most of his points could be refuted by a person without any basic science knowledge. In the Christian pastor's case, since I don't believe any of the Bible stories, it is rather irrelevant whether he knows what he is talking about or not. Naik, because he refers specifically to science and how it supposedly confirms Islam, basically doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

I suspect the pastor's, in those videos, method of preaching is a form of hypnosis, rather than rational reasoned out presentations.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#524171 Apr 22, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
And, if I may add, not conducive to helping those, who believers might be able to draw to their side, to want to go there. I can see nothing appealing about those "Born Again" Christians here who daily attack and threaten other human beings. If I wasn't already familiar with both sides, I would probably come to some conclusion such as "If believing in, and following Jesus means that I have to be a miserable person like so and so, then I don't want to do that".
In all honesty, and I have witnessed that on Topix (and yes some other sites) for nearly 3 years, the posters here who make the loudest and most frequent claims to be "Christians" also present themselves, IMO, in the most un-Christ-like way that is possible.
Usually we motivate through example, and how we treat others, not by demeaning and threatening. People who get their backs up because they are attacked, will not likely listen to someone, unless of course they have a gun to their head and the person with the gun will pull the trigger if they don't.
"I can see nothing appealing about those "Born Again" Christians here who daily attack and threaten other human beings"

how fair-minded do you really suppose that you are, boooots?

i don't see where you said that you're equally appauled by the vicious and malicious atheist & gay posters here! i've personally had my life threatened several times, but i've never threatened anyone's life in all the years that i've been debating.

also, you said "If believing in, and following Jesus means that I have to be a miserable person like so and so, then I don't want to do that"

this is an absurd and ridiculous conclusion since believing in Jesus is BELIEVING IN JESUS, not a belief based on how some people act who claim that they believe Jesus.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#524172 Apr 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're calling this guy "brilliant and "sweet" for persecuting me, a Christian?! very revealing!
please tell us a couple things:
1) do you stand for the Bible and believe that "there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus"? I Tim
2) do you stand for the Bible and believe that "the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites" I Cor
You are not persecuted. The people who founded my sons' school were persecuted, they were burnt alive as missionaries. That is persecution.

You are a womanising idiot and I will leave you to God.

Yeah, he is both brilliant and sweet and doesn't like womanising mysoginitwits like yourself.

Sure, I believe. I follow Jesus not Paul, am none of those things (unlike yourself) and have actually read the whole thing, in a few different languages and not just memorised some quotes off the internet in order to pretend to be a married Christian hitting on women to the point of sick obsession.

Location hidden

#524173 Apr 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're calling this guy "brilliant and "sweet" for persecuting me, a Christian?! very revealing!
please tell us a couple things:
1) do you stand for the Bible and believe that "there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus"? I Tim
2) do you stand for the Bible and believe that "the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites" I Cor
And with that, you have just condemned yourself, fool.
No persecution needed by others...you are persecuting your own entity by your behavior.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#524174 Apr 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you had similar feelings for a boy but 'acted' upon a girl instead ?
what if i did, DOG? are you implying that there would be something illicit about that? rhetorical question of course, since your continuous implications speak louder than your patent answers;)

Location hidden

#524175 Apr 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're talking to someone who personally knows people who have been gay, but now are hetero; have been hetero and now are gay; are both gay and hetero depending on how horny they are at any given moment.
It appears this an observation from personal experience.

Please continue in your own self conviction.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#524176 Apr 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am hoping it is like my arguements with HFY, it will sort itself out and sanity will be restored. It would be easier if it were Just IANS and I without Catcher and CJ throwing fuel on the fire.
Yes, seeing some sanity on these threads would be nice.:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#524177 Apr 22, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have this tshirt, I wear a lot of tshirts you see, anyway this is one of my favourites...
"I THINK, therefore we have nothing in common."
You accuse yourself with your dumbass posts. I will not go out with you! Slither off.
can you help a brother out please? i'm taking a lot of heat in here for claiming that fornication/homosexuality is a moral choice and for saying that JESUS IS GOD!:(

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#524178 Apr 22, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Said the name calling child.
IANS has much to say.
And he says it well.
I would put him with HipG, OYE, X, and a very few others.
Incredibly smart folks with a voice of their own.
Deal with it.
You deal with it ~ there are many more posters that I find worth reading..... you may not have noticed it, but this is a very fast moving forum and I have no time to 'deal' with many.

#524179 Apr 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
Just look at your avatar.
As a child, I was traumatized by that stuff.
Us (good, saved). v. them (bad, condemned).
I don't expect you to understand.
Did Pugs upset you? Ahhh, poor thing, I was bitten by a dog once, but was brave enough to carry on loving them....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#524180 Apr 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's stupid. That's like asking someone drug-free; "When you choose to not do drugs?"
We are born drug-free just like we're born straight.
don't get me wrong as i agree with you more so than i do some other 'christian' posers here, BUT can a person be born addicted to....say crack if their mother was using during pregnancy?

similarly, can a person possibly be 'born gay'/with a disposition towards uncleaness/homosexuality since sin is hereditary?:)

#524181 Apr 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Because it all leads to (7)and/or(1). It is a key. Solomon would know.
Ahhh..... cheers for that, is there Scriptures or somewhere you can point me so I can follow it up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Just Think 673,361
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 1 hr Garry K 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr paranoidtrump 981,351
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr RiversideRedneck 104,793
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Sky Writer 31 184,625
crooks frauds predators 6 hr Jedimaster of All 2
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 6 hr Jedimaster of All 9
More from around the web