Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#524049 Apr 22, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods advice in how to live- is to protect us from OTHERS... AND ourselves.
ALL PEOPLE should be on a path to growth- This is how it is supposed to be- but we too- are mere humans on a journey.
~*~
Two Kinds of Wisdom
James 3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524050 Apr 22, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
They can choose to be gay- whether they admit the how and the why is not as important as the fact that their choice is against Gods will.
I have gay family- I don't dislike them - I help them out even before being asked- but WHAT does it help if I care for their earthly self- and not their eternity?
I do NOT condone 'gay bashing' or hate speech against the persons choice- I have never participated in ANY protest against people-
Liberals took a hold of every area of life over the past 25 yrs- with an agenda to tell people GAY is GOOD- Abortion is GOOD- and also "HERE- there is a pill for your BIPOLAR self"... all for profit and in hopes of trying to make themselves guilt free in all areas...BUT
THERE IS A GOD-
SO regardless of if THEY ALL feel better... God sees it all and IT as sin.
Those who have chosen the gay lifestyle have no effect on me- except when they force the schools to include the LIFESTYLE as acceptable. They can fund THAT- yet they don't want God talked about in school.
Good post Deb.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#524051 Apr 22, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't revile God, but I also don't believe in a god. I also do not want to revile you, and I see no reason not to be perfectly good friends debating a topic, if that is what we both want to do.
My problem with other posters here has not been that they are believers and I am not, but what they say about certain other people which I find repugnant, or if we are actually debating a particular topic and I give my point of view, or someone else does, and then the believer comes back and tells them that they are evil and going to hell for thinking that way.
I don't find that form of posting as polite or conducive to discussion, but rather it stops discussion and leads to "I am better than you are" kind of grade school bullying that I was very familiar with as a small child.
#1 I like your name -- I find this post honest and sincere and written with a lot of thought and truth --

I've yet to catch up with all the new names here -- but I'm an oldie that Truths forgot to hug today LOL -- look forward to getting to know you -- TLC - Judy

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#524052 Apr 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
GOoD afternoon Scott, glad I saw you in before I have to leave on afternoon transport --

I love this verse -- one of the most powerful ones in all God Word --

TLC - Judy

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#524053 Apr 22, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie, do you mind if I ask what WINLAC is? I looked it up on google one other day when it was mentioned here, and I got a lot of hits but none of the ones I looked at seem to fit with the comments I see here about it. I am assuming it is to do with some other discussion site.
Here ya go Boots...

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

I would suggest reading the first 4 posts...it set the tone for the thread...until a certain point.

DoC is no longer with us...he passed a couple of months ago. Those of us that posted with him...miss his calmness.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#524055 Apr 22, 2013
MapDark wrote:
<quoted text>
And what about the phone calls that never come when you need one .
As for the other two "examples" I really don't see how they're proof of the existence of God.
See if I take a different road from normally it's because I'm bored of having a routine.
As for songs reminding me of peace , it's somewhat a pavlov effect. You heard that song play once during a peaceful time of your life and repeated playing it to make yourself feel good . it's normal that hearing this song afterwards will bring up peaceful feelings. It's pretty similar to the researches that showed that FORCING YOURSELF to smile actually makes you feel happier.
My wife actually was asked to present a "Laughter Yoga" class to a group at a hospice last week, which she did, and she reports that it went over very well. This is the second time in a couple years that she has been asked to do that at that particular hospice. She has been thinking of starting regular classes, for quite some time, but as yet has not found where and how to do that. Before we married she was conducting a class in "Laughter Yoga" at her Unitarian church that she was attending at that time. People who wanted to participate just arrived a while before the service.

She first got involved in that when she went to classes held by a man who had learned about it, because his wife had cancer and he was trying to find some way of helping her. Whether laughter was involved or not his wife eventually recovered, but a few years later he became ill and died.

However, having participated a couple times when my wife was doing the classes at her church, I found that it is very effective to change your moods and how you generally feel by laughing, even if you have to force yourself to laugh at the beginning.

I even suspect that some of the people on Topix who never have a pleasant thing to say to certain others here, if we were all sitting in a group in a room somewhere and we all started laughing that we would find it very difficult to continue insulting each other, every time the other said something, as happens for many here.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#524056 Apr 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Standing on God's truth is an expression of love, your mind is highly twisted.
Standing on love is an expression of God's truth.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#524057 Apr 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. ever see a Peruvian Kuna scarf ??..
.. they're long, sturdy and inexpensive ..
.. Catcher moving to Peru would be financially beneficial ..
.. what type of scarf do you like best ??..
<quoted text>
.. you're such a sweet person that I can't possibly respond ..
ALICE?
CATCHER?
CAN ANYONE TIE THIS DOWN FOR EPI?
I am a bit tie up at the moment, sorry. <smile>

Location hidden

#524058 Apr 22, 2013
MapDark wrote:
Honestly , to the people who say that people would choose to be gay. Why would someone , in this day and age CHOOSE to be gay?!
Oh yay! I get to NOT have the same rights as the rest of the population , being compared by republitards to pedophiles and dog-humpers , I get to be judged everytime I walk in the street by nasty old biddies and their ilk who NEED to tell me I'll go to hell. And if I'm REAL lucky , I get to be beaten up by guys who are too bloody insecure in their sexuality and need to prove their "virility" by beating a few fags up!
Well said, and I just noticed that you are a fellow Canadian. A person's sexuality should not be an issue to anyone but himself, and whatever person he/she was having a sexual relationship with.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524059 Apr 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Standing on love is an expression of God's truth.
I agree.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#524060 Apr 22, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
GOoD afternoon Scott, glad I saw you in before I have to leave on afternoon transport --
I love this verse -- one of the most powerful ones in all God Word --
TLC - Judy
Thanks Judy, you take care and be very careful out there my friend.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#524061 Apr 22, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Topix doesn't use these,{}; so why would you?[QUOTE]
I got this error message:
"Please fix the mismatched {QUOTE} blocks""

No sh!t Lucy. Man you can't even follow the simplest diagram.[QUOTE]
Sorry, moron. You were wrong. You have been quite a useful idiot.
Now go pray."

Gofukyourself Lucy ...there's your prayer.

This self proclaimed physician can't even understand the simplest basic instruction. Hey Lucy, the cast of peanuts requires your kind of care.
What is this hu?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#524063 Apr 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go Boots...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
I would suggest reading the first 4 posts...it set the tone for the thread...until a certain point.
DoC is no longer with us...he passed a couple of months ago. Those of us that posted with him...miss his calmness.
Do you look down upon him?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#524064 Apr 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>HU...Remember LuLu's name is Lucy also.....

Just For Your Information....

Have a great day Friend
It's Luciana. Luci for short and who is the other one then? I am no one else.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#524065 Apr 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am reading backwards this morning...that way when all the "stuff" bores me I can quit and still feel as if I caught up.
hugs back atcha...
You know...Deb...despite our differences...I would still walk beside you...because differences do not define us. It is what we have in common that forms friendships.
We forget that sometimes...we let those differences overwhelm us...shape out words...forget that there are warm hearts and caring souls that lie beneath the exterior.
One person's belief should never override that of another. We should seek balance between the two...only through that balance will we find understanding...compassion...e mpathy for each other.
It is only then...at least IMO (I know...I know...not worth the paper that it is written on...at least to no one else)...
...that we can truly love our neighbor...
As you can "see"...I am having one of those "zen" moments! LOL
Okay...
:-)
As always GOoD post Annie -- TLC - Judy

Location hidden

#524070 Apr 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS doesn't have any arguements. He even admitted he is only harrassing me because I confronted him for bullying Lucy.
G_O_D, no offense intended, but I am, likely because I have been posting with both you and IANS for quite a long time, though possibly longer with IANS, but I have not particularly followed both of your posts, as my time was taken up by a few particularly unpleasant posters on a few other threads, have not quite figured out what is the issue with you and IANS. I have noticed that you both seem to be pretty much reading from the same book but perhaps are on different pages (bad analogy, I guess, but the best I can come up with without extra brain strain).

I see both of you taking quite a beating at times from some of the rabid fundamentalists here, yet you seem to be arguing with each other too. Of course, your differences do not necessarily have to have anything to do with the topics which you both disagree with believers about.

I am just expressing my curiosity, as I have found IANS has been pretty honest in what he says, and he stated what he thinks, though perhaps a bit harshly at time. I would say the same for you.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#524071 Apr 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i guess we understand each other then; you are accepted by those who revile God and you can agree with them because you don't stand for any particular God, but i do!:)
ASSumption.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#524073 Apr 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Pot meet Kettle.
Aww, more irrelevance.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#524074 Apr 22, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
only your stupid crooked moraly brain doesn't accept any remarks about homsexuality and immoral f.....man by second man a....
and women masturbate clitoris of second women
You ure abominable and most disquisting 'sweet snake on this topic?
Soooooo...

You think I am sweet???

Thank you.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#524075 Apr 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
[A bunch of irrelevance]
Again, you're just in denial of the fact that your bible condones slavery, stoning many different individuals to death, forcing victims to marry their rapists, and so on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Phooey 654,147
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min Happy Lesbo 64,133
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Brian_G 281,891
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 51 min gundee123 826
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,824
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Lbj 106,549
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr pusherman_ 973,849
More from around the web