Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#523751 Apr 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any turtlenecks?
Do you?

Don't make me post the circumcision link.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#523752 Apr 21, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I just scroll past most of his postings finding them too rude and intolerant of others. My brain has been filled with the reading of many books along with school and further education and there is no room left for such pettiness as I find in his postings. Who would want to compete with a name calling child?
Said the name calling child.

IANS has much to say.

And he says it well.

I would put him with HipG, OYE, X, and a very few others.

Incredibly smart folks with a voice of their own.

Deal with it.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#523753 Apr 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. since being on this thread, I've never had such polite dung flung my way - everything from immoral to pervert and evil. Do you have any insightful advise on how to respond ??..
Just scroll on by HL ~ there is no point in being drawn into hateful arguments, and as I said earlier, it matters not which side of the fence one is on!

#523754 Apr 21, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize, of course, that all of your information about what you think God wants has come to you through the minds, mouths, and writings of humans, trifecta1. To my knowledge there are no known writings in the handwriting of God or Jesus, and we don't even know if a god has hands with which to write, because no one has a clue what this god might even look like.
Though, I think you, and many other people, want to say you separate what man says from what God says, you would have nothing that "God says" if man had not written the books and subsequently passed that information on generation after generation.
Aside from Islam and Mormonism (the only two I am particularly aware of) there are no claims to contact with God and receiving new words from Him in 2000 years. I doubt that many on this site give a lot of credence to the claims of Islam or Mormonism that their contacts with God are legitimate.
I have been Baptised twice, Booots, once as a babe in arms and Presbyterian, and the other as a 12 year old into the Mormon Religion. I do believe there are Prophets today.... but agree also that there should be no words added to the Bible; I have always found it fascinating that the last Scripture is 22:21.... with all those Scriptures written, why couldn't they shorten one and make the last Scripture 22:22, a much more logical number in my opinion.

But, giving it further thought, perhaps 22:22 (a Master Number as such) is the New Beginning?!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#523755 Apr 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>your level of unbelief is astounding.
The Spirit of YHWH God the Ruach Hakodesh AKA The Holy Spirit, IS GOD. And each human the Ruach Hakodesh used to write the bible their personality and characteristics are involved so that each book is different.
That is the Spirit through which those humans that wrote the bible was inspired through. Have you ever heard the Bible is the Inspired Word of God? that is where it came from.
It's easy to dismiss Islam that only believe Jesus was a Prophet and no more. And Mormonism can be dismissed more easily because this Nut Joseph Smith thinks God hand picked Him to restore the Church. That would be taking the place of Jesus Christ iyai!.
Your existence is so far removed from the Jesus Follower, I tell you before your existence and my existence might as well be a billion miles apart.
I stated at the beginning that I do not have a belief in a god, so why would my level of unbelief be astounding? I also believe that there is a possibility, though slight, that in spite of no evidence to prove that any god exists, one might still exist, which man is not aware of. I have stated that before too.

To say that my level of unbelief is astounding is much like, in my opinion, that one would say I knew that the man was dead, but he was much deader than I ever dreamed.

Yes, I suppose someone who believes might have a slight doubt and so their level of belief would be lower than one who believes without reservations, but likely more realistic. Mother Theresa was allegedly a believer in God, yet her history, and her confessor has confirmed this, states that she spent much of her life doubting God. So she had not a very high level of belief.

I would think that any rational person who has normal thought patterns, though they might believe in God, would at some points, because God has never been proved, have to entertain some doubt as to His existence. I doubt one could be human if they didn't at least occasionally have doubt.

I believe that people get inspired, because we often say to someone who does something "what inspired you to do that?".. In some cases, if one became a doctor, as my son did, then one might say that my grandfather, or great grandfather (in my son's case) was a doctor and I was so impressed by how he lived his life that I wanted to follow in his footsteps. But being inspired by the grandfather doesn't mean that the grandfather sent some sort of supernatural spell to the grandson which made him become a doctor. It just means that his feelings about his grandfather made him want to become a doctor.

Similarly I suppose someone, like Billy Graham, if he is a true believer, which I doubt we will ever know, might say that his love for God was so great that he was inspired to become a preacher and to preach about God and His Word, but I still suspect Billy Graham knows it was himself that made his speeches and sermons, not God through Him (if he is being honest). Though I suspect, if truth were known, Graham, like the US President, had a staff which assisted him in writing his sermons, and in some cases wrote them entirely but Billy delivered them.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#523756 Apr 21, 2013
Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

The Answer

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.

Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell,then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

#523757 Apr 21, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Have you ever listened to the sound a turtle makes as one glides thru the seas?
No ~ but after reading much, I bet the sound is worth more than money :)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#523758 Apr 21, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I was just thinking of how much we can learn from the Natives of the Lands ~ and how Spiritual they are, in their own ways, and here is your posting. Some people don't like the word Native; so perhaps I could use Indigenous;
*** In international or national legislation they are generally defined as having a set of specific rights based on their historical ties to a particular territory, and to their cultural or historical distinctiveness from politically dominant populations. The concept of indigenous people may define them as particularly vulnerable to exploitation, marginalization and oppression by nations or states that may still be in the process of colonialism, or by politically dominant ethnic groups. As a result, a special set of political rights have been set to protect them by international organizations such as the United Nations, the International Labour Organization and the World Bank.[2] The United Nations have issued a Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples to guide member-state national policies in order to protect the collective rights of indigenous peoples, such as their culture, identity, language, and access to employment, health, education and natural resources. Although no definitive definition of "indigenous peoples" exists, it is estimated that the total population of post-colonial indigenous peoples seeking human rights and discrimination redress ranges from 220 million to 350 million.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peopl... ***
I ain't so keen on the world bank motives.
I think that we can't really see the forest for the trees anymore though. It's complicated and hard for me ta explain, so I will just leave it at that. I guess ya just gotta know 'em ta understand? I think you probably have some experience in what I am say'n. Ther's jist no way ta explain it with words.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#523759 Apr 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zQ36S3d1CaUXX
That was GLORIOUS.

Thank you.

Since: Sep 10

Lima, Peru

#523760 Apr 21, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Just scroll on by HL ~ there is no point in being drawn into hateful arguments, and as I said earlier, it matters not which side of the fence one is on!
I disagree.

Just look at your avatar.

As a child, I was traumatized by that stuff.

Us (good, saved). v. them (bad, condemned).

I don't expect you to understand.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#523761 Apr 21, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?
The Answer
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.
Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:
1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell,then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it?
I'll take what's behind door number three, Monty.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#523762 Apr 21, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Do you?
Sometimes Topix cuts the end of a link off.

It's barbaric.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#523763 Apr 21, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you?
Please don't... I most humbly beg you <3

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#523764 Apr 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
Just look at your avatar.
As a child, I was traumatized by that stuff.
Us (good, saved). v. them (bad, condemned).
I don't expect you to understand.
Hey Catch :-D please talk to me?

I am genuinely curious, what's wrong with Serah's doggy avatar?

#523765 Apr 21, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, Lacez, I didn't know Mormons believed taht either, but I really haven't made a study of what all Mormons believe, since I am pretty doubtful about the origin of Mormonism.
It isn't what Mormon's believe.... they believe that GOD is the FATHER and JESUS is the SON, and they believe in living day Prophets. I shouldn't be surprised that people write rubbish that they have no knowledge about, but every now and then, they take me by surprise.

I have problems with some of the man made rules of the Religion; but no problem with their philosophy as such, or at least as I understand it!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#523766 Apr 21, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I have been Baptised twice, Booots, once as a babe in arms and Presbyterian, and the other as a 12 year old into the Mormon Religion. I do believe there are Prophets today.... but agree also that there should be no words added to the Bible; I have always found it fascinating that the last Scripture is 22:21.... with all those Scriptures written, why couldn't they shorten one and make the last Scripture 22:22, a much more logical number in my opinion.
But, giving it further thought, perhaps 22:22 (a Master Number as such) is the New Beginning?!
Because it all leads to (7)and/or(1). It is a key. Solomon would know.

#523767 Apr 21, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
All this talk about angels.
What is convoluted is that what is the purpose for angels to possess wings?
Wings would be unuseful above the earth's atmosphere.
Perhaps they like them and find them useful in an atmosphere we have no knowledge on? But in saying that, most ANGEL readers state ANGELS don't have wings!!

#523768 Apr 21, 2013
Tehee Candor wrote:
Hello again
Please may I say that if I have OFFENDED anyone in here today or the last time I visited or the other times I popped in over the past year, I would hope you accept my sincere apologies. It's not my intent to turn any one off or OFFEND MY SAVOIR in the process.
Thanks and Peace Regardless
Sorry, I go on and on. I know some really dislike that.
I do it in hopes I won't be misunderstood or leave anyone with many questions about my coherency.
Keep on Posting ~ your beautiful happy smiling avatar is a sight for sore eyes :)

#523769 Apr 21, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah... why ?
No idea and didn't want to question it ~

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#523770 Apr 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zQ36S3d1CaUXX
OH MY GOD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Osmius 778,727
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 17 min UIDIOTRACEUMAKEWO... 4,915
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Tony17 560,565
Gay snapchat names 1 hr raye 180
Why the Lamborghini Aventador is FASTER than th... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
The King of '4-wheeled BEASTS'! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Moses never existed 2 hr KiMare 837
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 265,474
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 16 hr risque 137
More from around the web