Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#523544 Apr 21, 2013
Jake at State Farm wrote:
Hello you fine people.
What are you wearing.."Jake from State Farm"?
Adam

Germany

#523545 Apr 21, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
GOOD
MORNING....It is SONday!!
“Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should,
and let go of what you can’t change.”
Thought for the Day!
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
God, please build your nature in me, so that I will love other people the way you want me to. Prepare me so that I respond in righteousness when attacks come from those who would mistreat me or act under an unholy power. Help me to be a vessel of honor to you and a light in the darkness. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for protecting me. Thank you for being you.
Prime time with God
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:14
K-Love
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:26-27
But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
Wow!!!!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#523546 Apr 21, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post ((((((Boooots))))))) Mind if I give you a hug ? It's what I do (c:
I write on topix out of an old calling and partially habit friend. I was in this place when they were first turning on the lights and applying the first layer of paint. Back in the day where several of us Christians and a hand full of non believers were opening the original room on the topic of Christianity.
We had our learning moments together- as we figured out how to disagree yet get along with kindnesses as we learned about each others families, hopes and dreams.
I was a regular for near 5 yrs before backing off and out of the mix....
after many months of witnessing wrongful posts by Non Christians and Christians alike I finally gave in and left.
I do agree that by now most everyone who comes online has heard of God and Christ ... but maybe they formed wrongful opinions due to the misbehavior of others who claimed to be of God.
It may be that after 20 yrs of liberal take overs in media,politics and in schools -the brainwashed people do NOT really KNOW of THE REAL GOD ~ they have been coerced into the opposite life of which God intended us all to have. Therefore- it is very important for people to STILL bring Gods truths into the world in WAYS approved By GOD.
It might be important, but the real crunch is 'which are God's truths' when no God has yet ever been proved to exist, so we don't even know if what most people in the world follow, which includes for nearly 1/2, the Abrahamic God, of which there are thousands of differing opinions on, is actually an existing god, assuming that some god exists. So something being "truth" is relative to whoever claims it is truth.

I still think we humans would be better for having our personal beliefs which we guide our own lives by, but publicly sharing what we feel are ways for humans to help other humans to deal with human problems on this earth, of which there are many, and of which, no amount of beliefs in a god, will change, nor has ever changed in the past.

We know from historical proof that beliefs in gods, and differing beliefs in gods has created a lot of bad behavior of one human against another. Not all bad behavior comes from our beliefs in a god, but the fact that we hold such differing opinions and so many people place such high importance on gods, yet can't prove any of it, makes it very easy to justify bad behavior if it is being used against someone with a different opinion about a god.

I think humans need to be guided by what behavior they use does not cause harm to other humans, who aside from their opinions, are exactly the same in every other way as they are. With exceptions of handicapped individuals, we are all born much the same, all go through much the same growing stages, and all have to have food and shelter and protection from outside dangers in much the same way.

We are all human beings and we should be able to treat all other human beings in a way that is how we want all other human beings to treat us. With the exception of a few who get some enjoyment from being mistreated, most human beings seem to enjoy being treated well.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#523547 Apr 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
you do see the title of the billboard right?
So what?

I haven't seen anybody post on that topic in my three months here except me. I'll repeat that comment:

[1] Jesus can't love you because he doesn't exist.

[2] If he did exist, he should love you because it is a categorical imperative for a god to love its creation.

Feel free to add your viewpoint, and anybody else who has one, and then we can move on. There isn't enough substance to that question to give it more than two sentences.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#523548 Apr 21, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you wearing.."Jake from State Farm"?
lol.I just dropped the key board off my lap.lol

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#523549 Apr 21, 2013
Jake at State Farm wrote:
Hello you fine people.
Jeeeeesus yer UGLY!
Tell that pimp o' yer's I want my 50 bucks back!

Location hidden

#523550 Apr 21, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Wow!!!!!
Yep one real sweet gal.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#523551 Apr 21, 2013
Have you ever listened to the sound a turtle makes as one glides thru the seas?

Location hidden

#523552 Apr 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon;
I am the first to step froward with a extended hand Lawest.Mike seem to think all christians think the same.Which is the wrong way to think and dangerous too.You and I had our share of riffs over woman lol.Not even that can stop me from extending my hand nor placing thoses in my secret prayers they know nothing of my asking in there behalf.God bless.
OH!
I git it now!- "secret prayers", huh!
I was wonder'n where all them Monarch butterflys was all com'n from...an them fresh new flowers too.

I don't mind all that(it's kinda nice), but if ya would, please ask 'em ta not send any more o' them coons.
Ther mak'n the firewood stink, an it's hell fer the first half hour of bank'n the stove up sis...
Thanks in advance.

Location hidden

#523553 Apr 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
A documentary, but usually making fun of the subject while at the same time as bringing facts to the table.
Religulous was done by Bill Maher and shows mainly the ignorance of the highly religious. It pokes fun at a few major religions.
I actually learned a few things from it.
I didn't know before that Mormons believed their god is a physical being living on a non-existent planet named Kolob.
Gee, Lacez, I didn't know Mormons believed taht either, but I really haven't made a study of what all Mormons believe, since I am pretty doubtful about the origin of Mormonism.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#523554 Apr 21, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind.
I feel much as Einstein apparently did:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9...
The ultimate force behind our universe is a mystery, at least for now --- and it's a grand mystery.
I feel the same way, but call myself an atheist because I accept no god claims. How are you different from that? Have you accepted that there is a god? To me, everybody that has done that is a theist, and everybody else is an atheist.

Einstein's god is not what I mean by the word "god." I mean a sentient, volitional, potent agency that deliberately designed and created our universe. As I understand it, Einstein's and Spinoza's pantheistic (or panentheistic) god isn't necessarily aware, and isn't necessarily more than the fundamental laws of nature. They certainly didn't speak to it or worship it.

I think what those people meant is that they intuit a transcendent quality, and they are respectful of that whatever it is. Me, too. It's the sine qua non of the spiritual experience - a holistic intuition attended by awe, mystery and gratitude. But to or about what, nothing can be said.

Right? Or no?

I'm really sorry that Einstein called that vague, transcendent, unifying quality that he intuited through a glass darkly, "the good lord." He set back skepticism with that language. But today I see that phrase as being similar to Mother Nature or Uncle Sam. One can refer to inanimate abstractions as people.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#523555 Apr 21, 2013
Jesus LOVES me because of who He is, not because I deserve it. He LOVES all of you as well you know. It's never too late.

Location hidden

#523556 Apr 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You mean nothing to Christianity silly wanna be atheist. You're not even smart enough to be part of the most stupidest philosophy that is Atheism. That shows the inconsequential levels of your non evident intellect gullible slave.
trifecta1, I am becoming concerned with your apparetn concern about this "atheist philosophy", yet I have not yet figured out what an atheist philosohy is. My understanding of the word atheist is that it is the lack of a theist philosophy. We do have some knowledge of some theist philosopphies, becasue there are writings about these, and many people who talk about them. However, I dam not aware that atheists are a group which has any philosophies.

My understanding of atheist is it just another way of stating that a person has no belief in any gods. Not having any belief in any god hardly tells me what one does have a belief in. Any particular atheist might have many beliefs in many things, which are not in common, necessarily, with those of any other atheist. That still leaves a big blank for a philosophy of atheists.

Location hidden

#523557 Apr 21, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Your such a tease.lol I not even seen the sea yet little lone listen to a turtle.lol Do they really make a sound??? Think I need to look this up.lol.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#523558 Apr 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>female or male?
I'm sorry Tri. I thought that was obvious.

Female

Location hidden

#523559 Apr 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
OH!
I git it now!- "secret prayers", huh!
I was wonder'n where all them Monarch butterflys was all com'n from...an them fresh new flowers too.
I don't mind all that(it's kinda nice), but if ya would, please ask 'em ta not send any more o' them coons.
Ther mak'n the firewood stink, an it's hell fer the first half hour of bank'n the stove up sis...
Thanks in advance.
I quilty of praying in secret.But I am not about to comfess anything else.

LoL so you got coon problems too.Can I wrap up afew for you a present I have too many here everynight.I had two now think they invited the uncles,aunts,cousins and friends too.lol

Awee you not done no livin yet with the firewood until you try on one of thoses pieces of wood a skunk whistled on to burn for warm.
That make you open the doors and run too,lol even forget about some warmth.lol The wonder of all trying to survive.

Location hidden

#523560 Apr 21, 2013
hick-up wrote:
I knew it I knew it you was jerking my sandel.lol Tis the curiousity I looked it up they do not make no sound.lol
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#523563 Apr 21, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nothing, I watched a program on the ABC and there were dancing and singing bananas, they even chased teddy bears dow some stairs! Incredible!
;p
WoW!
Faaaaar Out...lol

Location hidden

#523566 Apr 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. since being on this thread, I've never had such polite dung flung my way - everything from immoral to pervert and evil. Do you have any insightful advise on how to respond ??..
Tongue in cheek sis...with a little love threaded in that can't be mistaken.'Member, yer more than likely ta be listn'n ta stories elaborated such as those of the Earp brothers, wherin the truth is there, but the pistols was bigger than most men of extreme caliber could'a ever really handled an still been stand'n after the smoke cleared.
I prefer the "stories" cuz the mind gits ta play fer a while before the cold hard facts gits separated. It's jist more interest'n an fun fer me, an tempers the emotion that might otherwise take first stride...hav'n a tendency ta spill dirt in yer beer.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#523567 Apr 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> If you are referring to King James alledged 'homosexuality'.......he DIDN'T use him to proclaim, I'm sure thatr there were those under him in the RCC that God God guided to put the books into chapter and verses, KJ didn't proclaim anything of God's Word that was there long before he came into the world.
Ok, perhaps I used a poor choice of word.
Let me try again.

What I meant by proclaim is that why did the bible god use a bi-sexual to convey his infallable holy word into the English language that fundamentalist hold so dear?

Couldn't have god picked one who didn't swing both ways and who was not a homosexual?
I mean he was powerful enough to do so.
He picked a virgin to carry his child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Dr Banonator 64,071
first time anal 16 min andy 4
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Genius 106,508
sexy girl want to Skype fun Skype: dilinazi20 (Apr '15) 18 min brad 54
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 33 min Inspector 2 45,241
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 39 min WasteWater 30
Gays snapchat usernames 44 min Petersonn9 17
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Steve III 654,054
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 55 min Joe Fortuna 973,816
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 12 hr Clive 80
More from around the web