Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#523192 Apr 20, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Type the left bracket, the forward slash, the word "quote" in all caps, and the right bracket in front of your words. Do the same at the end of your words except do not include the slash.<quoted text>
Or to save a bit of typing copy one or the other of those and then just paste it and correct for the slash at the one end. I find it you want to break up one post into a lot of pieces doing it that ways certainly cuts way down on typing. Sometimes when a person asks me a whole list of questions, I do that, so that I can answer each question directly next to the question.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#523193 Apr 20, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless, it is too private, or unless you have already told us many times, but I missed or forgot what you posted, because frankly I have not known you as a poster (at least under that name) very long, could you tell us what are all the good things that have come your way, since you became a Christian?
I don't mean this to be sarcastic or even trying to trap you, but I am wondering if what you are suggesting you are thankful about is something that could not have happened without the intercession of God.
In my case I started off as a Christian, from earliest childhood because I was taught to believe in it and raised by my parents to think that way.
Nothing happened to me to turn me away from "God" such as His not helping in a disaster, though a tragedy in my family in 1963 was the death of my 18 month old brother, but at that time I became even more obsessed by Christianity because I "knew" that my brother had gone to heaven and I would see him again some day.
That likely was a lot of what got me through that period, but of course, it was my believing that was the case, rather than my knowing it was the case. I kind of think, though my memory is not clear on it, that my father might have moved a bit away from the church for a while after that death because of how devastated he was by my brother's death, though he certainly was still very involved up to the time of his own death almost 40 years later.
I also never experienced any "good things' that I gave God credit for, such as recovery from illness, or anything else, however I didn't particularly expect God to fix these things either. I don't think I really grew up believing that God solved all human problems but rather that He existed, and when we died we would be in Heaven, and we had to live our lives, according to how we were taught, to make that possible.
My leaving the "Belief", as I have often mentioned, was not through any disillusionment or anger at the religion or God, but simply (or perhaps not simply) a slow re-understanding of what I had believed all my life, and a coming to understand that there actually is no known evidence to prove any gods exist, and that the stories told about the God I believed in are pretty incredible, and some are now known to be not factual. None had been proved to be factual.
No, I have never given testimony of God in my life, and on here I won't. Just be assured ' I give GOD all the Credit of good in my life and there are MANY. Thank you LORD!

As you most certainly know there is enough harassment for just saying 'We believe in God' and that Jesus Christ died for our Sins.

On your very last statement above--you wouldn't BELIEVE anything I told you about God in my life, you are not a Believer in the GOOD God does , although to ME, it looks like God has helped you tremendously with your mental illness.

Location hidden

#523194 Apr 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The devil? GTFU.
Do you really believe in Satan? I don't.
I have been accused of being Satan's puppet before, and even of being Satan himself. If you believe that, then you also believe that Satan is aware of this conversation, and is in fact its author, with me being his puppet, right?
So what do you make of this thought that just popped into my mind (and you know it did or I wouldn't be able to type it): "You are mine, sow. You have been discarded by your god and given to me. I will have you in hell"?
What was that? To us unbelievers, its just a smartass skeptic playing with a believer - you - and trying to terrify you with your own superstitions. That's what I think it is. I that think I just made those words up myself and don't pretend otherwise.
But what about you? What do you believe? If there really is a Satan, and I'm him or his puppet, what just happened here?
Is there any possibility that Satan didn't just speak to you through me? Or does Satan only control me when you want to insult me, but not when it would terrify you?
"Expert textpert choking smokers, don't you think the joker laughs at you?"
I don't know, IANS, it did sound quite a bit like Satan's voice to me.:):):)
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#523195 Apr 20, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Pov I guess. Ever hear that county song "Thank God for Unanswered Prayers? For all we know He is saving us from ourself.
I had said earlier, If God didn't answer---it was then that He carried us through our prayer.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#523196 Apr 20, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no, for you are again being illiterate.
I gave the second definition of bigotry.
You are only half correct, for your definition is one of two.
But you are also horribly wrong for not being able to read what I wrote and not get it twice in a row.
I read what you wrote and now your pissed that I exposed your own bigotry.

Tough shit.
Adam

Germany

#523197 Apr 20, 2013
@LupyLu

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/TP1J5PFMPJ48...

I caught you in this thread

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#523198 Apr 20, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of funny as well. When I read the thoughts of people that don't like our stand for Christ the adjectives used are so wrong. I get that perhaps in a forum like this its hard to know but its just silly most days. If I was anythink like, what say for example Le Le or others said I wouldn't be married, would not have been able to get a new job so quickly, would never have been invited to join choir or help out in other parts of the church. But something tells me the lies will be repeated over and over. God bless.
It's all they have to hold on to Bro, and it is so uncalled for on their parts, when they can simply be contented in their unbelief and live and let live, really says something about them.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#523199 Apr 20, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I doing what is in that YouTube Brother... and you will see how.
Then I will check it out and find out my friend.

Blessings.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#523201 Apr 20, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Restricting the use though of assault guns, and hidden handguns is a must, though that would not have prevented the Boston bombings. If Americans think they are going to protect themselves from the takeover by their own government because they are permitted to own handguns, then they really don't know much about guns anyway.
You obviously you were nowhere near the LA riots in 1992.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#523202 Apr 20, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the verses, try and figure it out yourself despite your illiteracy.
IOW you have no idea, which is why you bothered to bring up slavery.

Thanks for confirming that.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#523203 Apr 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
@LupyLu
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/TP1J5PFMPJ48...
I caught you in this thread
So?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#523204 Apr 20, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Imo we may never know the whole truth, at least not here. But I do know this much: It was an act of evil, the rest doesn't mean much to me right now. If we start freaking out or change the way we live, they win. I sure won't change a thing that I have control over. Time will tell. Take care.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do know this much: It was an act of evil, the rest doesn't mean much to me right now.
So, to you, senselessly slaughtering innocent people with a bomb is an act of evil.

To Lawest, two women who love each other and engage in a loving sexual act is evil.

Interesting.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#523206 Apr 20, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I doing what is in that YouTube Brother... and you will see how.
Saw the link and glad to know that you are flying high sis.

Location hidden

#523207 Apr 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the compliment. Christian is a religious concept. I'm for Yeshua Jesus Christ, who did not like religion at all.
Keep religion going?? LOL. What makes you think I want to keep religion going? I'm not religious.
If bigotry is calling homosexual acts a perverse immoral disgusting sin, then I'm a proud bigot. You understand writer?
Trifecta1, I can't recall (likely my poor memory) whether you have indicated what country you live in, however if it is the USA, are you okay about the fact that your opinion about homosexuality will soon be one that only you can hold in your head, but will not be able to address homosexuals by telling them they are sinners, etc.?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#523208 Apr 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuality is an immoral disgusting evil sinful act.
So now, you have my permission to call me hateful. And you can be assured, that you calling me hateful, does not bother me at all. In fact I think it's progress that benefits me in our discussions.
Satisfied?~~grin~~
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuality is an immoral disgusting evil sinful act.
There ya go.

Fascinating.
Adam

Germany

#523210 Apr 20, 2013
Homosexuality causes more death each year in the US than any ....

Location hidden

#523211 Apr 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Homosexuality is an immoral disgusting evil sinful act.
Homosexuality isn't an act, you idiot.

Homosexuality is a state of being.

If you want to refer to the act, try using an acronym like SGSA (Same Gender Sex Acts).
trifecta1 wrote:
So now, you have my permission to call me hateful. And you can be assured, that you calling me hateful, does not bother me at all. In fact I think it's progress that benefits me in our discussions.
Satisfied?~~grin~~
Do you mind if I call you an idiot?

It won't make any difference.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#523212 Apr 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexuality causes more death each year in the US than any ....
Good evening Adam, how're you today?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#523213 Apr 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You will.
He who never thirsts for God here, will thirst for Him before he has been dead
a minute.
~ B. North
You wrong. Someone can possess Truth. Jesus Christ is truth, check Him out.
"I know what I did. I know why I did it. I'm not ashamed of it."

~O. North
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

United States

#523216 Apr 20, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening Adam, how're you today?
Adam put out a clarion call for homosexuals and there you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min guest 672,676
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 104,275
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 981,084
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr Peter Ross 6,186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web