|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>He comes back for the reasons we all come back, addiction. Look at Deb lady and others who swore they were gone, only to come back and write.
We all addicted to the give and take. If the atheists were not here to make it so sweet and pleasurable to oppose them, Christians would be discussing and arguing the issues of Christianity to each other.
So when you see these atheists and wonder why they here since it obvious they writings are pointless to the Christian, consider the real reason they here, addiction.
Want to break the addiction, then find something better to do with time.
That is a good and accurate post, trifecta1. I know it describes me anyway.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
We're working on it:
“The pioneers and missionaries of religion have been the real cause of more trouble and war than all other classes of mankind.”~Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allen Poe?
isn't he the same guy who cut his ear off?

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO

Speak the Devil's name and he will appear.

Have a nice day, Beetlejuice!
ROFL
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
"You were made by God and for God, and until you understand that, life will never make sense."
Rick Warren
Why were we made for god?
Was it for some malicious entertainment?

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Are you having seizures, too, Juice? Do you need a bite block?

Juice's Seizure - sounds like a Roman emperor or something.

A patient once told me she had had a Gramma Seizure.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/grand-mal-se...

But perhaps the best misheard diagnosis was the who said that he had had a case of smilin' mighty Jesus. http://spinalmeningitissymptoms.com/

Now admit how grateful you are that we came and rescued this thread. You don't get material like this from the faithful. They just don't allow themselves to go there. It's not Christlike to crack wise. But who doesn't appreciate an extra yuk?
If it pleases you to think laughter and eye rolling derision are both seizures, go ahead Teddy. I don't mind at all :D

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>delusions of grandeur.
We should be grateful he's here ranting, at least he's not out in the world treating patients. Can you imagine? Oh my.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
"Your faithfulness makes you trustworthy to God."
Edwin Louis Cole
Hey, can I play?
Here's a famous quote:

I once went to Philadelphiaaaaa,
but it was clooooosed.

Charles Nelson Reilly...lol

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Francis Bacon as in The Sir Francis Bacon? Rather interesting. I'm not a fan of his. Hardly a fan of anyone. My so called bigotry and useless repetition of my username has annoyed you has it? Not everyone will like what I do or say and most certainly I don't go around trying to please everyone. I really don't care who has a problem with me or who wants to join that list, this is not my concern.
Most of you in here talking about bigotry sometimes makes me sick. Sick to see what human beings have devolved into, with all our technology and expansions in language and art. Our self destructive nature cannot satisfy its own insatiable appetite for more, and more and even more. More pleasure, more freedom, more wealth, more or me and less of you, hense, less rules, less families, less government, less religion and less borders.
Which leads me to believe you do not understand. Many of the people in here have barely a clue, or they see it and refuse to know what it is they're seeing. Many of you, your intelligence is built upon a well established facade and secured in a farce, thinking that because you're able to do a little chemistry, or math, or physics that you have arrived. I will always get the silly little icons over my posts because they're placed there by people who think inside a little box.
Many of you are still mentally shackled wrestling against self, what is and what could be. the more you know the more you realize you know not enough, and you crave more, and more and more. So we seek to be taught but are not learned. Book recitals out of a text book and decent memory earns high scores, but, what do you really know for your self? I am not above anyone, but I don't play by your rules, his rules or her rules simply because you say so or because you FEEL it is right, or because it personally affects you or a family member. Hence, anyone against your established way of thinking is a bigot. Labeling me a bigot or any other colorful words you choose won't earn you anything. For sure, I will only forget it two seconds later. Hope it at least provides you with lunch.
:)
Quo Vadis
<Counter_Strike> "robble, robble, robble"

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
If it pleases you to think laughter and eye rolling derision are both seizures, go ahead Teddy. I don't mind at all :D
Smilin Mighty Jesus.....

Braq on God
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Good Morning.....
((*_-))
“Do not give up. In due season the seeds you’ve planted will reap an amazing harvest.”
~ Thema Davis
Thought for the Day
here's one;

"Hald on thar, Bubba Louie"
~Ricky Ricardo

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Intereasting. I never knew that. Thanks.
<quoted text>
Yes, no mincing of words. No hypocrisy. Usually don't mean to offend anyone, but people do tend to be easily offended because we human beings have tons of sensitive issues to deal with and much personal baggage. Do you not agree?
<quoted text>
While I may agree with what you say here in many ways, one must remember; we can't fully overcome evil without obedience and truth, without wisdom, knowledge and understanding, without patience and faith. These 7 things are instrumental in the fight and eventual defeat of wickedness. My words may come off as arrogance, because anyone proclaiming to undiluted speak truth will be ajudged as lacking humility and proper respect.
<quoted text>
Many truths have gone out into and around the word. The Truth, not quite as yet. There are too many variances and deviations in the teachings, as one would say, not kosher. It is tainted, twisted in some aspects over time through political gain and profit and we the people, in this time, are all too satisfied and comfortable with keeping it that way, even if we know there are troublesome errors.
<quoted text>
Understood. Sorry for approaching your gate with battering rams and ballisti armed also with shield and sword. Apologies.
<quoted text>
Your Praetorian masks themselves as men of the cloth. I do not take kindly to such deceptions. LOL. So, you do enjoy a sit on banana leaves. I will be glad to join you so long as you don't have fire ants on your lawn. LOL x 10
Attempted humor.
<quoted text>
Africa, awesome. I have heard on many occasion that god no longer lives in Africa. care to enlighten us unlearned and uncivilized folk as to which 'god' that is? For I hear there are many gods in Africa as there now are in the world, even the United States. Even men have become their own gods worshiping themselves, setting themselves upon high pirch building nests even amongst the stars. What say you my friend; A long climb for a quick fall?
<quoted text>
What are you proposing of me PW? Make clear your words set towards misunderstood intent.
Andrew (CS).
Yes. Being direct is rather unappreciated these days.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
That's nice, but do you really believe it? How about your god? Does that describe your god's love of man?
The Christian god only loves in return for worship and obedience, and threatens you if you don’t offer it. Love isn't a bargain. It isn't a negotiation. And it isn't a hostage situation. It isn't coercive. It doesn’t threaten abandonment and torture, nor inflict guilt, nor fear.
Nor does love demand trust without reason, nor obeisance. Love isn't vengeful, and it isn't jealous.
Authentic love doesn’t demand obedience, and it doesn’t demand sacrifices. It doesn't demand pleading or groveling. Nor does love involve torture, bleeding, screaming, or being nailed through the hands.
The Christian god's love is a jealous and selfish love. The bible confirms this: "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26
A god that wouldn't love and welcome you as you are - as he has made you - is not worth loving back. A loving god would require nothing of us, like the loving grandfather of a toddler.
And it's not just this god's love of man that is deformed. The love of man for his god is as well.
Mature, authentic love is given for the sake of the object of love. It is giving. Sacrifices are made freely and gladly. Love is generous and noble. As your citation alludes, love enables us and the object of our love. Love increases us.
Love does not make us vulnerable or dependent, yet man’s love of his god does just that. It's infantile. It’s self-serving. What can you give a god other than your devotion - the same as a baby.
Poor Teddy. You don't know what love is either? Sigh... poor poor Teddy.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> The Atheist and the Bear!
An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that the evolution had created. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!", he said to himself.
As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing.
He ran even faster, so scared that tears were coming to his eyes. He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.
At that instant the Atheist cried out "Oh my God!...."
Time stopped.
The bear froze.
The forest was silent.
Even the river stopped moving.
As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all of these years; teach others I don't exist; and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"
The atheist looked directly into the light "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as Christian now, but perhaps could you make the bear a Christian?"
"Very well," said the voice.
The light went out.
The river ran again.
And the sounds of the forest resumed.
And then the bear dropped his right paw ..... brought both paws together...bowed his head and spoke:
"Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful...AMEN!"
Author Unknown
Oh good!
I love jokes and clever sayings.

Here's one:

Two hillbilly christians decided to go b'ar huntin.
They hopped on their pick-up truuuuck and started on their journey.
They came to a fork on the road where there was a sign sayin "BEAR LEFT"
They both looked at each other with disappointment, threw their hands up in the air, and turned around and went home.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
How sinister was that? That's the disease that passes for religion in America.
Perhaps you can better understand why some Americans like me have such hostile attitudes to that church and to politicized religion. The Christian church was in large part responsible for the Bush presidency through its political endorsements, and of course, the faithful submitted and were obedient, taking the recommendations of their clergy on faith.
American citizens could have done a better job picking a president if we didn't have to contend with so many tens of millions of indoctrinees being told by their priests. pastors and ministers that George Bush was god's anointed. It's a stupid nation indeed that makes decisions like that.
And many other decision are made the same way. America will be MUCH better off when that church atrophies away, and the remaining Christians are more like you - they believe, but they aren't being led through the nose by a church.
Unbelievers have a right to be concerned and involved resisiting that. Why wouldn't we?
Is that what happened to you? Were you forced to go to 'Jesus Camp'? You have my full compassion.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>It is an interesting view of atheism, as a sort of "crutch" for those who can't stand the reality of God
Tom Stoppard
<quoted text>
You've really got a stable of geniuses there. This one just said that not needing a god is a crutch. I suppose that walking normally is also a crutch for not needing crutches?
Yeah. It's what we're born with. Our mind >this brain<.

I think the wisdom there is that humans in general are born with everything we need to survive, such as legs, arms...a brain. Our body, IOW.

You don't normally see anyone intentionally exchanging those basic and essential components like our legs and arms for artificial components...or, for invisible brain prosthetics.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<Counter_Strike> "robble, robble, robble"
It speaks. nice. Now all we need is a nose and two ears.

CS.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>He who never thirsts for God here, will thirst for Him before he has been dead
a minute.
~ B. North
How long was B. North dead?
Two minutes?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity is a man made religion. Faith is something else.
Faith is still indoctrinated.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> But oh my unenlightened friend, whatever King James sexual orientation was, has nothing to do with God's Word in the least,...
So would you agree then that same sex marriage is god-given?

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not too concerned who makes me a target...as long as I have stood up for what I feel is right.
We do not and should not live in a society whose solution is to just do away with people because we disagree. No one should have to hide behind closed doors to practice their faith or to love another human being.
I believe in freedom of speech...freedom of religion...up to the point of that very freedom not only infringing on the freedom of others but destroys the freedom of others.
sigh...I know...this is only Topix some will say. I see it though as a place where people will express themselves freely...how they truly think...where in their offline life...they fear to do so.
Hi Annie :) Right on! I do wish I didn't express myself so freely in my real life though...LOL

Erm... about 'Jesus Camp'... please don't make me watch anything that awful ever again, is that how it is there? I'm really not sure I should go into my thoughts on this film and if I do I will need to think about it some more. I will say that one part that really sticks is when the children are asked if they believe that God created us all and evolution is stupid, or something to that effect, and I saw some mothers grab their children's arms and put their hands up for them. That says it all to me. My children are very spiritual and love God and Jesus, however, they are taught everything that is available for a top notch education and are encouraged to think for themselves. In a non denom Christian College mind you and of course, at home, their Grandma's influence is controlled by me as she also has some antiquated ideas that make no sense. They are taught to love, they don't comprehend prejudice, racism or hate and my little 9 year old is quite the little aspiring Scientist. Cause that's how we roll :-D

It would seem that from a Psychological point of view, the future looks bleak for those poor children. I get that those evangelicals are trying to prepare the children to deal with the enemy and the world they will be living in, they will need to be strong, but they are using hate, fear and ignorance to do this and creating more enemies for themselves and the world, they may as well just chuck their kids in a pit with hungry roaring lions.

I have more but maybe not here, don't know yet.

"Jesus wept."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••