Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#520661 Apr 15, 2013
Batholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>By appointing yourself spokesmodel for your myth, you prove yourself to net be humble. To presume to know the nature of something you have already advised others is too great to be knowable is the height of hubris and hypocrisy.
You unbelievers reminds me of the Borg Collective from the Star Trek mythos, you are all pluged into one hive mind which is why you all sound alike, only difference is you are all motivated by the spirit of the adversary that you probably don't believe exists but have blinded your minds nonetheless.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#520662 Apr 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
... If it's not the plagiarism thing involving Juice, I have no idea why he turned on me...
It was your hypocrisy related to it that proved you weren't worth spit.

You are an admitted plagiarist (when I caught you a few days ago) and admit that your Avatar is a stolen trademark.

That makes you a bigger thief than her.

That you now deny it makes you a liar as well.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#520663 Apr 15, 2013
Good morning everyone.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#520664 Apr 15, 2013
Batholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>How many guns do you own for protection? A Christian who owns a gun for anything other than hunting is just more ridiculous hypocrisy. Not to mention that wishing for your ego to live forever is insane.
Your post is fairly short but loaded with ignorance and assumption, don't own a hand gun right now cookie.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#520665 Apr 15, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Good morning to you Law :-)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#520666 Apr 15, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks buddy
For the sake of argument let us set-aside the existence of a GOD.
Your inability to show you have a relationship with a GOD, speaks volume to your mental stability.
You took the time to post to me, shows some worth even if it is a punch in the nose.
You're like a "LP" record stuck in a groove.
Well I'll tell you this, I don't argue the Word of God, I obey it, your mindless attempt to discredit THE faith is as much of a failure as you are apparently, so I'll let it go at that.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#520667 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>
...Now, the virtual slap and tickle phase of that digital relationship is over, and what does he have to show for his efforts?...
So sad for you that you can not conceive of what friendship and love is.

Can't laugh over this one, Teddy. You are just too sad.
Please return to your atheist agenda, that makes me laugh.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#520668 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks.
ROFLMAO

Hitler and Stalin shake hands over the Poland issue.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#520669 Apr 15, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
[snip]

Occam's razor is actually a good argument for the existence of God.

[snip]

How did this universe decide to create itself? How did the universe design itself with physical laws and parameters exactly fine tuned to support life? The laws of physics are designed with such precision that it is almost inconceivable that they could be the result of chance. For example, take the ratio of the number of electrons to protons. This ratio must be exactly equal to one to one to better than one part in 1037 (10 to the 37th power, or "1" followed by 37 zeros), otherwise electromagnetic forces would have superseded gravitational forces and no galaxies, stars or planets would have ever formed in the entire history of the universe. The likelihood of this occurring by chance is described below:
One part in 1037 is such an incredibly sensitive balance that it is hard to visualize.

[snip]

Other constants of physics, such as the expansion rate of the universe, are fine-tuned even more delicately, as small as one part in 1055. Random chance does not design such a well-crafted universe. All the atheistic explanations for such an exquisitely defined universe require the presence of trillions of other universes, of which ours is the one which happened, by chance, to have the exact physics required for the formation of galaxies, stars and planets. Therefore the atheistic explanation actually goes against Occam's razor since it requires some mechanism by which universes can sprout from some super universe and randomly change their laws of physics. If one were to calculate the number of universes required, by chance, to have the exact physics required for the formation of galaxies, stars and planets, it would exceed 1010000 (talk about multiplying entities!). The mechanism by which physical laws could randomly evolve would add further complexity. Design by an intelligent designer is obviously a much simpler explanation. Check these papers for some of the other parameters for both the universe and our planet, which are designed to exact standards.
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/nogo...
The argument is flawed.

For starters, because it is has fewer specified features, the multiverse is much more likely to exist than a god, and has just as much explanatory power.

Second, the number of universes that a multiverse might have spawned is irrelevant, just as the astronomical number of stars in the cosmos does not make the the science of star formation unnecessarily complex or a violation of Occam's Razor.

Third, the probabilistic argument for electrons and protons is absurd. It's like saying that the odds of 4 billion people being born between 1750 and 1850, and exactly as many dying, is one chance in a googleplex. The charged particles aren't formed on some assembly line, first the positives, and then the negatives. They are formed in pairs. Protons and electrons emerge one each from neutrons. This is beta decay in a nucleus, in which a neutron (uncharged) ejects an electron (negative charge) and becomes a proton (positive charge)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons... The opposite occurs when a neutron star forms. Electrons are forced into nuclear protons to form neutrons, and there are always the same number of each.

There's a reason why we don't accept scientific claims from Christian apologetics sites like yours. Can you find this argument made by anybody that doesn't have a god need and a religious agenda? Can you find it coming from an unbelieving philosopher?

The fact is that anything that is true that can be found on a Christian apologetics site can also be found elsewhere. If it can be found ONLY on one of those sites, it is made up by the Christians.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#520670 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong.
I agreed that posting all of those Tom Swifties at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... without attribution could be called plagiarism, not that I am a thief....
So you are a plagiarist, but not a thief but Luci is a thief because she plagiarized once.

You are one fucked up person.

BTW, it was before the Swifties post that you were confronted and you admitted to plagiarism.

I note you skirt the Grateful Dead's stolen property issue.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#520671 Apr 15, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Check this one out buddy!
You claim to have a wonderful life as a result of believing in a GOD, however, the best you can do with that wonder, is come on an entertainment site.
Perhaps you don't have what you claim to have, the mind has the ability to trick it's owner...In case of an emergency,"break" the glass....In other words, "save" yourself.
I won't go into the status of what this thread is suppose to be about as we've touched ground on this before, but it's apparent that you may not have much of a life has you love to come here and bait people, I have a life, but not certain that you do, I'm here because there are people here that I can fellowship with about the Lord Jesus Christ just like I do in church, something you wouldn't have an inkling of knowing about.

You are a waste of time and energy Mike by your own choice and behavior and so I am through with you at this point, so continue your losing argument and life with someone else.

Fennario

#520672 Apr 15, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
To quote a very intelligent man I simply adore "ROFLMAO!"
Do you really want to connect yourself to that, Juice? He's a laughing stock now.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#520673 Apr 15, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You're losing it, G.
You joining the atheist gang bang, too ?

You're a bit late. It turned into a circle jerk a week ago.

ROFLMAO
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#520674 Apr 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a plagiarist, but not a thief but Luci is a thief because she plagiarized once.
You are one fucked up person.
BTW, it was before the Swifties post that you were confronted and you admitted to plagiarism.
I note you skirt the Grateful Dead's stolen property issue.
So is posting on the internet 24/7/365 what you do to earn money?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#520675 Apr 15, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
The one major thing, with respect, that you continue to overlook is your logical error (which is an actual recorded logical error, as determined in the field of logic which I studied in university - the error, not that particular example).
When you respond to me about my heresy, etc., you make the "begging the question" logical error, which is saying that though I have stated in my reasoning that I don't believe in a god, this god exists anyway. My post is based on my perception in order for me to post what I believe, not based on an unproved deity, which may or may exist.
I am not over looking anything, and as usual your post is filled with irony, particulary when you the term "logical error", which is crazy given your post that I responded to on saturday. And you are very obvious right 100% about one thing..........your reasoning concerning the God of heaven and earth is based sorely on YOUR perception, which is that of a self deluded and unblessed mind and soul that argue's in favor of upholding everything that is damnable before the face of our Lord and Saviour, I really cringe at the thought of what is to come.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#520676 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you really want to connect yourself to that, Juice? He's a laughing stock now.
ROFLMAO

You have got to be the most insane person here.

The only ones being laughed at here are you and your three clowns.

This isn't WINLAC, you moron.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#520677 Apr 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Hitler and Stalin shake hands over the Poland issue.
Hitler and the pope also shook hands.

What was all that about?

Fennario

#520678 Apr 15, 2013
hick-up wrote:
"Defining your life by volatile antitheism—in other words, clinging to something you don’t believe in—isn’t just annoying, it’s actually pretty backward, and, in some cases, culturally malignant. For a demographic that spits a lot of game about equality and mobility, they sure love lording their “intellect” over anyone who dares to think differently. The atheism subreddit gets off on feeling superior to other people; it’s not about ideas or truth, they’d rather thrive on that faux-scholar buzz."
I think that you have the two camps confused. We're the ones that DON'T define ourselves in terms of religious beliefs.

And how do you figure that we cling to what we don't believe in? We reject your superstitions.

What is more culturally malignant than politicized Christianity except perhaps politicized Islam?

And yes, secular humanism is philosophically superior to theism. Their respective fruits confirm that.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_swzcxL8h28g/TP7lgUR... [image]

If you want false scholarship, try the Discovery Institute, or any Christian apologetics website. Religion is a dead end.

Location hidden

#520679 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>
The argument is flawed.
For starters, because it is has fewer specified features, the multiverse is much more likely to exist than a god, and has just as much explanatory power.
Second, the number of universes that a multiverse might have spawned is irrelevant, just as the astronomical number of stars in the cosmos does not make the the science of star formation unnecessarily complex or a violation of Occam's Razor.
Third, the probabilistic argument for electrons and protons is absurd. It's like saying that the odds of 4 billion people being born between 1750 and 1850, and exactly as many dying, is one chance in a googleplex. The charged particles aren't formed on some assembly line, first the positives, and then the negatives. They are formed in pairs. Protons and electrons emerge one each from neutrons. This is beta decay in a nucleus, in which a neutron (uncharged) ejects an electron (negative charge) and becomes a proton (positive charge)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons... The opposite occurs when a neutron star forms. Electrons are forced into nuclear protons to form neutrons, and there are always the same number of each.
There's a reason why we don't accept scientific claims from Christian apologetics sites like yours. Can you find this argument made by anybody that doesn't have a god need and a religious agenda? Can you find it coming from an unbelieving philosopher?
The fact is that anything that is true that can be found on a Christian apologetics site can also be found elsewhere. If it can be found ONLY on one of those sites, it is made up by the Christians.
I provided others. You have just used many words to avoid the issue of Occam's Razor working on the principle of A Simple Explanation being preferable over A Complicated Explanation, when both are present. Which was the topic at hand. Thank you for providing an excellent example of why it is futile to even pretend to take you seriously.

I am now laughing @ you.

Location hidden

#520680 Apr 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
You have got to be the most insane person here.
The only ones being laughed at here are you and your three clowns.
This isn't WINLAC, you moron.
LMAO!

Good point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min Jim-ca 51,743
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 47 min whatgod 445,968
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 55 min whatgod 991,937
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 1 hr town drunk 12
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 6 hr c840xba 26
shuh up meathead! 7 hr Doctor REALITY 1
NJ Home Remodeling Contractors Information by P... 7 hr Pangione Developers 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 hr Michael 693,160
More from around the web