Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#520619 Apr 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pretty sure Jesus Christ is not upset at all by your rejection of Him as the only access to Almighty God, or who you compare Him to. If I'm not upset with you, I'm sure God isn't either.
You don't know how any Christians on this billboard treat human beings. If you're talking about the passionate discussions, well the worse treatment by far comes from [it aint necessarily so]. But if you want to discuss controversial subjects such as philosophies, then do not complain about the passion of the discussions.
God plainly says in His word what is required. Just because you do not believe it does not mean anything. It just means you do not believe the means by which God chooses to deliver His message which is through people.
I am not talking about the passion of the discussions. Most of those I refer to don't even participate in discussing the posted topics, but rather spend their time demonizing and attacking other posters. I enjoy a heated and passionate discussion; always have. I don't like that people use differences of opinion about a subject to use as a tool to berate and emean that person as a human being.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#520620 Apr 14, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Continuing childishness.
ROFLMAO

You are the child afraid of being caught being naughty by his mommy.

Location hidden

#520621 Apr 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's your fault. You make yourself disillusioned. People can't disillusion me, because I don't put my trust in people. My trust is in Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ, has never disappointed me. He always comes through. Maybe not in the way I wanted or asked for, but in the way that was best for me.
Do you realize that you said absolutely nothing about what Jesus does for you? You said sometimes you get what you want but other times you don't, but when you don't Jesus decided that you shouldn't get your way. Did Jesus specifically tell you each time, which decision he was making, or did that just occur as is does for every other human living on this earth. We all have good and bad times in our lives.

We can blame this on ourselves, our neighbors, Satan, God, or on chance, but it happens to all, with or without a god in their lives.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#520622 Apr 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
You are the child afraid of being caught being naughty by his mommy.
More childishness.

Location hidden

#520623 Apr 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe not in canada, but here in the U.S, Secular Humanism is a religion stated by the U.S supreme Court.
If your idea of treating people good is to tell them homosexuality is fine in the eyes of God, then I reject that.
But homosexuals should have the same rights as everyone else.
The U.S just legalized drugs in a few States. The drug user needs to be treated fairly as everyone else in the eyes of the law. But I won't tell the drug user his drug use is fine in the eyes of God.
In is no consequence or importance to me what is good in the eyes of God, because God is not an existing entity as far as evidence coming to me has shown. I judge people as equal as human beings, and as long as they don't take away my right to enjoy the same rights as they deserve, they deserve to be treated equally, and not to be demonized by people who have a belief in a supernatural deity who 'they think' made laws, that are actually words written down by men in times when human rights were pretty well non-existent.

Even if a deity did make laws, the laws of man will prevail in whatever country one lives, though I would agree that the laws of man in some countries, such as those that kill their prisoners who are charged with murder, or rape, or drug sales, etc. I am fortunate to now live in a country which places all human life ahead of laws, though law breakers will still be placed in confinement so they can no longer harm other free people. It is not a perfect system but it is better than many others.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#520624 Apr 14, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only assume that true Christians do not bother to come to these threads.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't assume anything booots - when it comes to a blame game - life equals itself out... believer or not.
Just stay with it or get over it, but we are sharing WSJLM in here.
There is enough hate mail on both sides of the fence I sit on and watch, without adding to it... if... you want a decent conversation.
Take Care also...
I am sorry about my post here, as it was not right of me. It is just that the bickering back and forth of christian or non, takes over any peace that could be, let alone weighing the balance of blame on one another.
But I am sorry for your suffering, even if yours and mine are for reasons of our own.

My post is to tri is below... and Ja, even I do know... different reasons, right or wrong, at the hands of the psych meds. If whatever you are taking is helping and not destroying you - as I witness this sick side of the tragedy of their ill effects - then I wish you nothing but further progress and the best.
Once again, I am sorry...
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you may be one of the few that never experiences mental problems or has a close family member that does, but I don't know many people who can make such a claim. In fact in my extended family there have been several cases of serious mental illness.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother...'some' of the sanest folk in this sad situation of what is considered 'mental' and were not to begin with before being condemned so by lords of the minds - who have been force fed these drastic drugs to the point of those having the control of a mind control drug - still hold to their Christian faith against ALL odds, never losing sight of of his saving grace.
Must we bomb the whole city of mentality for the sake of the chosen few who survive for His sake in such cases of... they are there because they would not bow to anyone but God in the first place, and therefore judged mental! I live with some every day and challenge any Christian to show such courage and faith in the face of adversity.
Are these also not in the prisons - as Jesus predicted - for his name's sake?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#520625 Apr 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>trifecta1 wrote:
Discussions with Christians. That is the main intent of my writings ever since I first came here last yr. You know, the Christians were doing fine discussing before this barrage of atheists came on the billboard you know.
Christians were discussing controversial issues in Christianity such as once saved always saved, doctrine of hell, does the believer to to heaven right away, etc. Then the atheists just bum rush the thread.
I have no problem with them. But you're somehow implying the intent of Christians writing somehow has to do with unbelievers. Maybe some do, but IMO, Christians are here to talk about issues concerning their philosophy with each other.

G_O_D write:
Agreed

LeLe wrote:
Agreed?
What do you agree with in this post you are agreeing with?

I honestly thought the "passion" we see regarding this
"burn in hell" Christian cry was due to the fact many beleievers
felt they were posting to "save souls"..

Guess I have learned something very telling here.

----------

"burn in hell"

Your exact words!

Are you a liar or a moron ?
LOL

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#520626 Apr 15, 2013
Bartholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>No, not at all, because not only are the definitions of deities wide-ranging, the complexity of such an entity precludes it from such parsimony. Simply asserting it is dangerously simplistic, for sure, but the explanation is nothing simple at all
Well said.

"Dangerously simplistic" is in his comfort zone. How many times has he posted "ROFLMAO" just in the last 24 hours?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#520627 Apr 15, 2013
Nun: Let me get this straight: you don't believe in God because of "Alice in Wonderland"?

Loki: No, "Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter," that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or, or with his tusks, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do? What do they do? They, they dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensures the destruction of one's inner being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions out of, out of fear of some, some intangible parent figure who, who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says, and says, "Do it... do it and I'll frockin' spank you."

Bartleby:[Bartleby is listening from a nearby seat]
[quietly]
Bartleby: Oh, geez...

Nun: The way you put it... I never really thought about it like that before. What have I been doing with my life? What am I...

Loki: Yeah, I know. Listen, my advice to you: you take this money that you've been collecting for your parish, go get yourself a nice dress, you know? Fix yourself up. Find some man, find some woman, that you can connect with, even for a moment,'cause that's really all that life is, Sister. It's a series of moments. Why don't you seize yours?

[the nun hesitates, then smiles, nods, and leaves]

Loki: That-a girl. Ah.
[he turns around and sits next to Bartleby with a grin on his face]

Bartleby: You know, here's what I don't get about you. You know for a fact that there is a God. You've been in His presence. He's spoken to you personally. Yet I just heard you claim to be an atheist.

Loki: I just like to frock with the clergy, man. I just love it, I love to keep those guys on their toes.

Dogma

*Slightly edited f word.*

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#520628 Apr 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
"Dangerously simplistic" is in his comfort zone. How many times has he posted "ROFLMAO" just in the last 24 hours?
In all seriousness Dr Dementio, he can't help it, I see him often just laughing helplessly at your posts, sometimes it is all one can do.

I did notice you did not reply to my examples of Occam's Razor. It works on the premise that out of a choice between a complex explanation vs a simple explanation, a simple explanation is best and tends to be more accurate. Do you claim this to be a fallacy of composition?

Fennario

#520629 Apr 15, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
spiritual people do not engage in LESBIAN and HOMOSEXUAL practices.
What would you know about spirituality? Do you think that because you believe in ghosts and talk to your ceiling fan that you are having spiritual experiences?

Authentic spirituality, which derives from a sense of connection to the universe, is virtually impossible from a Christian perspective. A spiritual person feels centered in himself and connected to the rest of mankind, life and the universe, which inspires a sense of awe, mystery and gratitude in him. Christianity teaches exactly the opposite of that.

Christians are taught to loathe their own failed flesh. They are taught that mankind is deeply flawed and damages whatever he touches, and to distance themselves from the rest of us.

They are taught that the animals are soulless meat bags put on earth for his subjugation and exploitation. They are taught that the world is garbage - a brief and passing phase slated for apocalyptic destruction "soon." The very word "worldly" is as much an insult in your religion as "the flesh" is.

Far from being spiritual, you are radically disconnected - an alien in your own world trapped in flesh - for which you feel nothing but contempt and an urge to escape. You live life like you can't wait for it to be over so that you can go to another world, like somebody waiting at a bus stop for a bus to a cemetary. And while you wait, you dream of a nonexistent ghost in a nonexistent space. Where's the spirituality there?

Your entire claim to spirituality is based on your belief in magic and ghosts. That's no more spiritual than believing in magical Smurfs and diverting your attention and loyalty from your world and your fellow man to "Our Papa Smurf, which art in Smurfville," to which you grovel and beg forgiveness for being human.

Christianity is an intellectually, morally, and spiritually bereft philosophy that fosters an infantile psychology of magical thinking, dependency and punishment.

Fennario

#520630 Apr 15, 2013
Bartholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>The Ethic of Reciprocity as described in Christianity is actually inferior to that found in other sources. Do into other as you would have them do I to you is far surpassed by do unto others as they would have you do unto them.
Nice.

I just mentioned in passing that Christianity is "an intellectually, morally, and spiritually bereft philosophy that fosters an infantile psychology of magical thinking, dependency and punishment" without any discussion of the moral aspect to which you just alluded. Let's look at that, too.

The definition of love in Christianity is inextricably linked to harsh judgment and torture. God so loved us that he tortured his son to prove it. And he loves us perfectly, though he sits in constant judgment of us, ready to throw us into a pit of fire while still conscious if we don't submit to it and worship it.

Christians consider their god moral whatever it does. What kind of understanding of right and wrong is that? How many Christians will tell you that their god is free to do whatever it wants to its creation because it made them, as if you could torture your child because you were its parent? That's simply a form of "Might makes right."

And they are free to walk away from their messes without so much as an apology since they believe that they have access to forgiveness on demand from the air. They're quick to inform you that though not perfect, they're forgiven. Unfortunately, they mean by themselves,not by their victims.

Ask a Christian if he can name even one valid moral precept first found in the words Jesus. I have yet to have one give me an answer better than that they all came from Jesus from before creation.

Fennario

#520631 Apr 15, 2013
Adam wrote:
How you dare to judge HL and say she is a good mother? No one is good except god the Lord and only God has the right to judge.
Bingo! Right on time. How dare anybody call Happy Lesbo good? How dare anybody make any judgment about her apart form Adam, who continually castigates her while hiding behind his scriptures.

As with so many others, goodness to this Christian is defined by obedience to his understanding of vague scripture.

Fennario

#520632 Apr 15, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
G_O_D wrote:
Wrong
Nice rebuttal.

Fennario

#520633 Apr 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Wrong.
That is incomplete. Essential elements are missing from the description of the principle.
The sine qua non of Occam's Razor is that there is no merit to invoking unnecessary assumptions or complexity in an explanatory hypothesis. It's not about maximal simplicity, which may be too simple, but about minimal complexity. Simpler explanations that are inadequate to account for observations are worse than more complex ones that can.
What is meant by Occam's Razor is that the simplest mechanism containing the least features that accounts for all observations is the preferred explanation.
If an insentient multiverse can produce the same universe as a sentient, omnipotent, omniscient, volitional, purposive, moral, ubiquitous, immortal, eternal and perfectly loving god, you choose the multiverse.
All of those extra assumptions about the source of the universe account for no observed features of the universe, and add no explanatory power to the hypothesis.
This is why the intelligent design people are so hot to find what they call irreducible complexity and/or specified complexity in nature. If you can find evidence of mind in the design of the universe, then the unconscious entities such as a multiverse or a self-creating singularity are too simple a hypothesis to account for observed reality. Only then is a sentient creator is needed. With evidence of intelligent design, suddenly, no other competing hypothesis is adequate. They are all too simple.
But short of that, they competing hypotheses are all potentially correct, even the creator god hypothesis. The one invoking the most complex mechanism with its unnecessary complexity is the least likely.
<quoted text>
Wrong again. Creator gods are the most complex entities conceivable. Or maybe you were referring to the simplicity of the sentence or the mutt that utters it. Those would both be irrelevant.
Once again, it's not about simplicity in sentences. It's about avoiding unnecessary complexity in explanatory hypotheses.
G_O_D wrote:
ROFLMAO
You are an utter moron in meltdown.
Another excellent rebuttal from you.

Still "ROFLMAO"ing? What poverty of thought this post represents.

And you say that you see moron and meltdown in that post, do you? You offer these simplistic replies to reasoned arguments, and then depict yourself repeatedly rolling on the floor while cackling.

You're projecting, Dunce.

Fennario

#520634 Apr 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Agreed, Dr. Shrink is almost as insane as IANS.
More poverty of thought.

This is literally a playground level of wit. You are unarmed in this contest, and foolish to continue it.

Fennario

#520635 Apr 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
If I hadn't just called him out on it, odds are that G's professorial response to your post would be
ROFLMAO. Besides calling you a liar and a theif[sic].
He did it anyway: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

It's another fine example of his poverty of thought.

Fennario

#520636 Apr 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
You are overdoing the ROFLMAO. Be a bit more creative.
G_O_D wrote:
I can't.

You clowns are too hilarious. Did you get that appointment to the Supreme Court of China yet? ROFLMAO
Amazing.

Fennario

#520637 Apr 15, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
If anyone is wondering why some posters are here claiming to want 'intelligent, non offensive debate', but are really just being incendiary, hypocritical and rude.
That's not a sentence, Juice.

I don't wonder about it any more.

Do you have any idea what set the Dunce off? It seemed to begin just after I agreed with Chess Jurist that you had plagiarized, a subject over which he had a huge conniption.

You may recall that during that discussion, I was never accusatory with you. I merely mentioned that yes, you had plagiarized, likely without understanding what that was, and likely with no attempt to deceive or steal.

He became protective of you and fired back at any of us who disagreed with him, using the harshest language I had ever seen from him. He and I had enjoyed a cordial and mutually respectful relationship until that time. He just flipped out. You were our Yoko.

I'm sure that that was flattering to you and that you enjoyed the attention. But you probably shouldn't have let your friend throw himself on the pyre like that for you. It cost him his reputation on this thread. Now, he's just a crackpot rolling on the floor with no argument, credibility, or respect - just epithets and single word or phrase rebuttals.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#520638 Apr 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. some posters on this thread seem to think religion and spirituality are identical, they're not ..
.. under the banner of Christianity, many in this forum judge, condemn, abuse, insult, violate and oppress. They behave in a manner that is antithetical to the teachings of their Master ..
.. this is a wake-up call to some Christians on this thread. Spirituality will survive without religion but without spirituality, religion will not survive. You are their spiritual superior ..
I think religion - that non entity that wants to be more than it is - attempts to usurp ownership of that common to us all, combination of the intensely personal and full range of human emotion based perception of the life and world that whirls around us - our spiritual experience. The wonder of it all.

Some people choose to think it comes from other dimensions, others think it's just something we experience naturally and does not originate from anywhere but right behind the eyes, as integral and basic to our life as is breathing air, or the blood in our veins.

However it is that each person understands what is uniquely spiritual to themselves...

Religion - the non entity - attempts to dole out, "authorize" or dictate what those experiences are that we all naturally have, as if only a religious belief grants you access to that portion of yourself which is always yours and ever present.

Spiritual belongs to no thing or no one but you.

Religion would have people » believe « that this very natural and inseparable component of our being can only be found within religion - that only religion gives it legitimacy - and if you do not allow religion to do that - you will never truly experience life in full.

Humans in control of their mind - fully aware of the self - understand that the claims made by religions concerning that which is called "spiritual", in whatever way it may be defined or experienced by each individual, to be false in those dictated religious terms.

You'll find the requirements for religion are written down and learned in order for a person to be a part of said religion and unyielding. Religion always requires at least one or more of these components; deities, "supernatural", spiritual, as defined by the religion.

Religion seeks to rule a person or people and dies unless people submit to and accept religious rules or mandates as absolute.

Spiritual makes no demands of submission, does not require belief in deities, the "supernatural", or religion, has no need of instruction or to be learned, and as it is a part of each person, needs only the individual to experience it, in whatever way the person experiences that state of being - spiritual - happens to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 33 min Neville Thompson 1,103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min another viewer 979,465
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Neville Thompson 286,092
MIELE SERVIS Merter (2I2) 2O2 62 35 ) 2O2 62 33... 41 min birimariza 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr River Tam 92,742
Miele Servis Esenyurt (2I2) 2O2 62 35 MIELE SER... 1 hr birimariza 1
Florya MIELE SERVISI (2I2) 2O2 62 35 - 2O2 62 3... 2 hr birimariza 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr truth 667,942
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web