Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#520450 Apr 14, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
A tough one in deed my friend, as I have shared in here on 3 occasions my concern re psychotic meds... and even with those who call others mental.
But the one's I fight against are the mind-benders of psychiatry use, which I witness too much of their drastic ill effects, even to the point of no return... for those who were not suffering mental illness and accused of!
http://www.informationliberation.com/test.php...
"High-profit psychotropic drugs get top billing
As a matter of fact, TMAP's sponsors produce the pharmaceuticals recommended as "first line treatment" -- Prozac, Risperdal, Adderall, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Buspar, Geodon, Depakote, Effexor, Paxil, Celexa, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Serzone and Remeron. TMAP's financial ties with Big Pharma run into the millions and TMAP's sponsors represent all of the Big Pharma heavyweights, including:"
"Big Pharma's strong political ties
Who will create the screening tests and who will create the algorithms? Well, Big Pharma will undoubtedly play a role, as it always does. Eli Lilly and Janssen Pharmaceutica's parent company, Johnson & Johnson, already have extensive ties to the Bush Family and the federal government. Take a look at these links:
Eli Lilly (Prozac, Zyprexa):
* Former President George Herbert Walker Bush = former member of the Eli Lilly board of directors
* Mitch Daniels, President George W. Bush's former director of Management and Budget = former Eli Lilly vice president
* Sidney Taurel, member of President Bush's Homeland Security Advisory Council = current CEO of Eli Lilly
* The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI)= major recipient of Eli Lilly funding
(Source: "Eli Lilly, Zyprexa and the Bush Family" by Bruce Levine)"
etc.
There are plenty more links which also try to cover up the real problem these drugs can cause, with only brief exposure of some 'side effects'. My experience working with such affected patients is horrifying.
How money exculates, whether bullets of war or bullets some must swallow for more money's sake.
When it comes to Big Pharma pimping their legal drugs and incentive-driven methods to get doctors to prescribe medication that isn't needed you are preaching to the choir my friend

Not everybody can be bi-polar. Not everybody can have attention deficit disorder. Not everybody who flies off the handle is suffering from road-rage-disorder or air-rage-disorder or my-mommy-didn't-hug-me enough-rage-disorder.

Yes as we make strides in medicine and science we find some things that used to go undiagnosed and untreated can not be effectively treated. But with that has come serious abuse in the pursuit or money and power.

While I don't think pot should be illegal before things like cigarettes and alcohol, I know a big part of why it is illegal is because the paper and cotton moguls didn't want competition from hemp when it came to paper and rope and clothing. And now it is because so much of our criminal justice system is funded from going after pot-users or dealers. And while the government turns a blind eye while publicly fighting illegal "street" drugs so their pharmaceutical equivalent can go on making big business millions, a lot of it simply comes down to who is the one profiting

Are some drugs needed, some of the time, for some people?

Absolutely

Is the abuse and over-prescribing for profit a blight on humanity?

For sure

(T) Peace

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#520451 Apr 14, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Given all things since he has been here Tri, it's not really any surprise, is it?
Guess not. It's a little surprising thought they are so sensitive to mental illness. I knew their were correlations between atheists and mental illnesses, just did not think I would see those correlations on this billboard. I have.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#520452 Apr 14, 2013
Just as many Christians in Australia, ones who would never speak to anyone the way I've seen some do here, suffer from Depression and other Mental Illnesses as anyone else. The sad thing is that many of them go untreated for years because of their religious peers and churches not recognising it as an illness. This usually has disastrous consequences for the afflicted and their families who are often suffering in silence and prayer. Thankfully this information is getting out there and some churches are looking into it and informing themselves. Sorry Tri, I'm with Skom on this one.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#520453 Apr 14, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Depression affects how people feel about themselves. They may lose interest in work, hobbies and doing things they normally enjoy. They may lack energy, have difficulty sleeping or sleep more than usual. Some people feel irritable and some find it hard to concentrate. Depression makes life more difficult to manage from day to day.
<quoted text>
http://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/depres...
Please educate yourselves on Depression and know that using it as a weapon in any argument is as low as bringing children into slagging matches.
I am so sorry Booots, you deserve better.
Thank you for stepping up...I could not believe that some would be so cruel. I kept reading to see if anyone would say anything...you have been the only one...that I have seen.

I guess some don't care what is said as long as it is against the opposing side. I think that it is a high price to pay...just so that one can win.

Mike says this place is just for entertainment...I find it strange that some find that entertainment in being cruel to others.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#520454 Apr 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>oy!, It's not tough to me at all.
Aspirin for a headache, rolaids for heartburn, even a surgery to repair a broken leg or to repair a organ are one thing. God created doctors, and Christians should use doctors when needed.
Even taking pills to wean from drug addiction to me is fine.
But taking pills to stay sane is a completely different thing.
I don't believe any Christian should be taking any depression drugs.
If a Christian is taking anti-depressant drugs, then the Spirit of God through Yeshua is not working in their lives.
2nd Tim 1:7
For God hath not given us the SPIRIT of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a SOUND MIND.
[[
That clears it up for me.
If taking the drugs actually is keeping a person sane and not simply an excuse or a crutch then for me it is simply taking advantage of the medical knowledge God has blessed us with the intellect to discover. No different than aspirin for headaches except someone's chemical makeup gives them problems daily whereas others get headaches sporadically. I don't see treatment as a sign of evil or weakness so long as the desired result is living sane and moral.

Chasing a "buzz" or escaping reality is a much different issue and to me that should not be done

But we just see this differently I guess

(T) Peace

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#520455 Apr 14, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You have posted here regarding homosexality?
Yes?
I believe you have..too tired tonight to go find at least
one post.
So- you are simply defending the Kingdom of
God w your posts?
Or are you defending yourself?
I guess I am asking. What is the intent of your posts?
Discussions with Christians. That is the main intent of my writings ever since I first came here last yr. You know, the Christians were doing fine discussing before this barrage of atheists came on the billboard you know.

Christians were discussing controversial issues in Christianity such as once saved always saved, doctrine of hell, does the believer to to heaven right away, etc. Then the atheists just bum rush the thread.

I have no problem with them. But you're somehow implying the intent of Christians writing somehow has to do with unbelievers. Maybe some do, but IMO, Christians are here to talk about issues concerning their philosophy with each other.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#520456 Apr 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Great points my friend
My grandfather used to always say "if you want trouble walk out your front door and it will be waiting for you, don't bring it home"
Or something pretty similar to that meaning we can't control the problems life will send our way in most situations but there ought to be a place where we make sure not to add to crap for one another. Extending that consideration we give or should give loved ones and family is just what Jesus asks of us when He tells us do unto others as we would have them do unto us. Yes some things are worth the struggle as the old saying goes all it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing. But to be sure there is a lot of conflict that can and should be avoided. It has never been a strong suit of mine despite the irony of knowing it to be the not only the more moral path but the more effective one. And definitely incorporated laughter and learning to not take ourselves so seriously as well is an integral part of that process
Wise words sister. You are further down your path than me
(T) Peace
Hey... look... I'm over here on the fence! You call that further ahead of you, or anyone?~~smile~~
Just keeping watch my friend... just keeping watch.
But!
Sometimes have a voice and for the sake of peace, will speak, if Truth be told...
(T) Peace <3
[and that last line took as long to not get my fingers tangled up, as to type the whole post!]
Oh the fun of learning what this lingo is all about, just when I'm mastering - to a degree!- English, with the help of the spell check and thesaurus for more acceptable intelligent conversation!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#520457 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Very true.
But from what I can see, it's the Christians who spew the vitriol.
Dr. Shrink is an outstanding example.
You seem to be headed that way, too.
I suspect if would be very difficult to prove that Dr Shrink is a Christian. That he is not a Christian seems very apparent. I however do not respect him as an non-believer because he does not behave himself as a human would regardless of his beliefs or lack thereof, IMO.

I think Dr Shrink is one of those who enjoy going on a web site just to be an ass. I also suspect he does that a lot in his off computer time too.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#520458 Apr 14, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
A tough one in deed my friend, as I have shared in here on 3 occasions my concern re psychotic meds... and even with those who call others mental.
But the one's I fight against are the mind-benders of psychiatry use, which I witness too much of their drastic ill effects, even to the point of no return... for those who were not suffering mental illness and accused of!
http://www.informationliberation.com/test.php...
"High-profit psychotropic drugs get top billing
As a matter of fact, TMAP's sponsors produce the pharmaceuticals recommended as "first line treatment" -- Prozac, Risperdal, Adderall, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Buspar, Geodon, Depakote, Effexor, Paxil, Celexa, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Serzone and Remeron. TMAP's financial ties with Big Pharma run into the millions and TMAP's sponsors represent all of the Big Pharma heavyweights, including:"
"Big Pharma's strong political ties
Who will create the screening tests and who will create the algorithms? Well, Big Pharma will undoubtedly play a role, as it always does. Eli Lilly and Janssen Pharmaceutica's parent company, Johnson & Johnson, already have extensive ties to the Bush Family and the federal government. Take a look at these links:
Eli Lilly (Prozac, Zyprexa):
* Former President George Herbert Walker Bush = former member of the Eli Lilly board of directors
* Mitch Daniels, President George W. Bush's former director of Management and Budget = former Eli Lilly vice president
* Sidney Taurel, member of President Bush's Homeland Security Advisory Council = current CEO of Eli Lilly
* The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI)= major recipient of Eli Lilly funding
(Source: "Eli Lilly, Zyprexa and the Bush Family" by Bruce Levine)"
etc.
There are plenty more links which also try to cover up the real problem these drugs can cause, with only brief exposure of some 'side effects'. My experience working with such affected patients is horrifying.
How money exculates, whether bullets of war or bullets some must swallow for more money's sake.
Very interesting,money for good health is big business.Com passion and love of another to have good health goes out the window when money shows up.Of course I do not take any type of medication,not even a vitiams.Thanks God bless lu2

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#520459 Apr 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
If taking the drugs actually is keeping a person sane and not simply an excuse or a crutch then for me it is simply taking advantage of the medical knowledge God has blessed us with the intellect to discover. No different than aspirin for headaches except someone's chemical makeup gives them problems daily whereas others get headaches sporadically. I don't see treatment as a sign of evil or weakness so long as the desired result is living sane and moral.
Chasing a "buzz" or escaping reality is a much different issue and to me that should not be done
But we just see this differently I guess
(T) Peace
oy!, yes we do see it differently.

Psychiatric drugs to me is in a different category all together.

God promised the believer a sound mind through the Spirit of YHWH God by Yeshua Jesus Christ.

Why would then the believer need to be on drugs to stay sane or have a sound mind? For the unbeliever sure. For the believer, nay.

Can the medication do something in mind of the believer, that the Spirit of YHWH can't?

Something is wrong there.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#520460 Apr 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Discussions with Christians. That is the main intent of my writings ever since I first came here last yr. You know, the Christians were doing fine discussing before this barrage of atheists came on the billboard you know.
Christians were discussing controversial issues in Christianity such as once saved always saved, doctrine of hell, does the believer to to heaven right away, etc. Then the atheists just bum rush the thread.
I have no problem with them. But you're somehow implying the intent of Christians writing somehow has to do with unbelievers. Maybe some do, but IMO, Christians are here to talk about issues concerning their philosophy with each other.
Agreed

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#520461 Apr 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to Big Pharma pimping their legal drugs and incentive-driven methods to get doctors to prescribe medication that isn't needed you are preaching to the choir my friend
Not everybody can be bi-polar. Not everybody can have attention deficit disorder. Not everybody who flies off the handle is suffering from road-rage-disorder or air-rage-disorder or my-mommy-didn't-hug-me enough-rage-disorder.
Yes as we make strides in medicine and science we find some things that used to go undiagnosed and untreated can not be effectively treated. But with that has come serious abuse in the pursuit or money and power.
While I don't think pot should be illegal before things like cigarettes and alcohol, I know a big part of why it is illegal is because the paper and cotton moguls didn't want competition from hemp when it came to paper and rope and clothing. And now it is because so much of our criminal justice system is funded from going after pot-users or dealers. And while the government turns a blind eye while publicly fighting illegal "street" drugs so their pharmaceutical equivalent can go on making big business millions, a lot of it simply comes down to who is the one profiting
Are some drugs needed, some of the time, for some people?
Absolutely
Is the abuse and over-prescribing for profit a blight on humanity?
For sure
(T) Peace
As always, it is the innocent - those who were and are naturally different, not any of the above mentioned illnesses - who have become the victims of this abuse, and the result is... they are fed more! While even those who care must watch them die, and there is no voice above the din of their own brutality.

It is not the herbs which God created, but those who found the process to abuse the public. After that, the herb itself is classified 'accountable by Law'.

... the gods of mammon thus far rule what is.
While the sick are dying for just enough money to be healed???
How 'real' are these rumors of micro-chipping folk for medical reasons, when in truth, they already have other ways of keeping track of the human kind... cunningly in the guise of their methods.

(T)Peace brother, and thank you.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#520462 Apr 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>oy!, yes we do see it differently.
God promised the believer a sound mind through the Spirit of YHWH God by Yeshua Jesus Christ.
Why would then the believer need to be on drugs to stay sane or have a sound mind? For the unbeliever sure. For the believer, nay.
Can the medication do something in mind of the believer, that the Spirit of YHWH can't?
Attention K-Mart shoppers!!!

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#520463 Apr 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for stepping up...I could not believe that some would be so cruel. I kept reading to see if anyone would say anything...you have been the only one...that I have seen.
I guess some don't care what is said as long as it is against the opposing side. I think that it is a high price to pay...just so that one can win.
Mike says this place is just for entertainment...I find it strange that some find that entertainment in being cruel to others.
Skom seems to know something about it. This is just getting ridiculous... Judgement is far more sinful than sexual proclivity and this is going beyond judgement in my opinion, it's flat out abuse and anger and vindication. I am truly disgusted by the words posted by some whom I considered brothers. You are far closer to being a true disciple of Jesus than some of those who claim to be Annie and you are spot on, there is no excuse for such blatant cruelty and I am not one bit surprised that 'Christian' is considered a dirty word there. This is bollocks.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#520464 Apr 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>oy!, yes we do see it differently.
I will concede your point when God grows an new leg for an amputee believer.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#520465 Apr 14, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you both...
~~Skom~~
~~HU~~
Take Care both of you, and Love always.(((*()*))
cheerios & apple jacks...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#520466 Apr 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Attention K-Mart shoppers!!!
Sorry never shop there either.lol
Nor do I shop wally world either.lol

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#520467 Apr 14, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Shut your st upi d face,MICAH,you wicked lying son of Satan.
dork

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#520468 Apr 14, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting,money for good health is big business.Com passion and love of another to have good health goes out the window when money shows up.Of course I do not take any type of medication,not even a vitiams. Thanks God bless lu2
I have known too many exquisite - angel-like Christians - who have and still are suffering from extreme illness. Cancer just one eg. And for those who did die, their Faith was a brilliant Light in their suffering without complaint. As do those who are still dying...

I don't advocate no relief - and say to anyone in good health,'Thank God!'- but you are so right... when compassion which is Love, goes out like dirty dish water, throwing the patient with it when it comes to the money issue.

Plus many don't in such times even count the worth of those who genuinely try - even by simply nursing and care giving right thru to a life-saving operation - as to what are their personal beliefs.
That... is also not very nice medicine to swallow.

It has become a sick world in so many ways, with the cancer of folks judgement being the rottenest apple of all.

God Bless and luveU2

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#520469 Apr 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I will concede your point when God grows an new leg for an amputee believer.
I'll concede when I can no longer see the difference between a normal brain and one with a chemical imbalance. Ffs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Clearwater 29,671
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min pusherman 968,855
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 8 min DENG 38,014
The 71st anniversary of the Great Victory. We r... 15 min pstechkovsky 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Liam 637,887
I FULLY SUPPORT Trump's pans to depart illegals 23 min Doctor REALITY 1
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 24 min Joe Fortuna 4,769
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Holy Commandment... 43,894
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Jersey Devil 3,701
More from around the web