Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#520344 Apr 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Depression affects how people feel about themselves. They may lose interest in work, hobbies and doing things they normally enjoy. They may lack energy, have difficulty sleeping or sleep more than usual. Some people feel irritable and some find it hard to concentrate. Depression makes life more difficult to manage from day to day.
<quoted text>

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/depres...

Please educate yourselves on Depression and know that using it as a weapon in any argument is as low as bringing children into slagging matches.

I am so sorry Booots, you deserve better.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#520345 Apr 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
In practicality there is none based on context
.. yes, context is important ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
In that context, "useless" and "insignificant" are pretty interchangeable
.. you do not get to change the meaning of words, useless and insignificant are not interchangeable ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But you waited until the post was found before claiming this was your reason for denying you said it. Why? Never mind, I know the answer already
.. no, you do not know the answer nor do you want to know the answer ..
Adam

Germany

#520346 Apr 14, 2013
The word abomination is translated from the harshest words of the hebrew language and means perverted disgusting vile repulsive sick putrid
Adam

Germany

#520347 Apr 14, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you are still heterosexaul
but sometimes like gay stick your finger into your a...and masturbate your colon compasinately with wild imgainations??
so? it proffs nothing who are you,
Look at your language. It proves how weird you are.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#520348 Apr 14, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher1, do you honestly believe that some of these people have actually advanced yet to the cave dwelling stage? Perhaps that is being too generous.
More love and tolerance on display.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#520350 Apr 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawest, Clearwater and Trifecta: Our own three stooges.
With apologies to Moe, Curly and Larry.
More love and tolerance from a man that has none.*unless you agree with his hate. Happy I do not.
Adam

Germany

#520353 Apr 14, 2013
Abomination refers for the so called homosexuals and means perverted disgusting vile repulsive sick putrid. Questions?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#520354 Apr 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Insult #5
<quoted text>
.. this is correct and I have no need to reference every post. I choose my words carefully, you paraphrase ..
<quoted text>
.. denied ..
<quoted text>
.. denied ..
<quoted text>
Insult #6
<quoted text>
Insult #7
.. some people insult because they are insecure or want to control. Why do you do it ??..
The original point was your hypocrisy in calling out others for being insulting while you continue to insult

That is why I gave examples of your insults such as claiming Christians have betrayed their own ethical systems over personal vendettas arguing over useless dogma and claiming you can tell who are the "real Christians" by how they post

You made a blanket denial so you could give the impression it isn't true that you also engage in insults. Only when the proof was provided did you proffer the explanation your denial was based on the word "useless" being used instead of "insignificant"

Not only in context the words are interchangeable as your point was ethics were sacrificed to argue over something not worth arguing about, but it also doesn't detract one iota from the main point that you engage in hypocrisy as you complain about insults while engaging in them

Would you have bothered to respond to accusation of being hypocritical by pointing out your insult was actually "insignificant dogma" not "useless dogma"?

Of course not because not only the semantic hair-splitting didn't change the meaning but it definitely didn't change the point that it was an insult.

I can't answer if some people engage in insults because they are insecure or want control. Perhaps that is why you engage in it when you make unfounded claims such as you can tell who is a real Christian by how they post or belittle reduce people's beliefs by equating something they feel strongly about to arguing over "insignificant dogma"? When I engage in insults it is because I feel they honestly apply based on your behavior. I have found you to be hypocritical and dishonest on many occasions and point out exactly when and why.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#520356 Apr 14, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You lead, I'll follow.
.. if you want, I'll let you lead ..

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#520357 Apr 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo
Been wondering where you were.
Staying out of trouble?
Long hours make long days.
Glad to see you back.
Adam

Germany

#520358 Apr 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
.. you do not get to change the meaning of words, useless and insignificant are not interchangeable ..
<quoted text>
The word abomination from the bible means perverted disgusting vile repulsive sick putrid and was refering to the lesbians and gays guys. Questions?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#520359 Apr 14, 2013
Bartholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting rant but wholly misguided. What is the JLY room? Nah, I haven't been on Topix that long. My proxy is not anonymous, I post on an iPhone via the LTE Metwork, so, it says United States. I actually don't see where others post from, whether they are registered, or those judgment icons. It's refreshing. I've never even received a traffic ticket, but thanks for asking.
I haven't insulted you in any way. Why did you choose this approach? I find it very interesting.
You sound just like the poster I referenced.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#520361 Apr 14, 2013
Bartholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>Really. Look back at your post on Reddit Atheists. At the end you wrote something to the effect of,'In other words, trolls'.
Surely your memory can't be that faulty.
I wrote that ...so much for faulty memories.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#520362 Apr 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
In that context they are interchangeable.

Your point was Christians betray their own ethics to argue over something not worth arguing about and they do so for personal reasons and not because they feel strongly about their beliefs. Whether you call it "useless dogma" or "insignificant dogma" doesn't change your point

Nor does it have any impact on your hypocrisy

I do know the answer and gave it already. You knew you could not deny your hypocrisy based on the facts so instead you made a blanket denial of an insulting statement hoping that by omission you could give a false impression

Like I said, you wouldn't have denied your hypocrisy of calling out others for being insulting while using insults yourself by stating I paraphrased your insult incorrectly. So you intentionally left out the reason why you denied saying what I attributed to you so it would look like i contrived the entire exchange.

An unethical tactic to say the least

Unless you care to explain what bearing how you phrased your insult had on my point that you insult others while simultaneously complaining that others insult?
Adam

Germany

#520363 Apr 14, 2013
These specific verses read:

(1) Leviticus 18: 22; which states: &#1493;&#1488;&#15 14; &#1494;&#1499;&#15 12; &#1500;&#1488; &#1514;&#1513;&#14 99;&#1489; &#1502;&#1513;&#14 99;&#1489;&#1497; &#1488;&#1513;&#14 92; &#1514;&#1493;&#15 06;&#1489;&#1492; &#1492;&#1493;&#14 88; "Do not lie (sexually) with a male like as you would with a woman, since this is an idolatrous perversion (&#1514;&#1493;&#1 506;&#1489;&#1492; TOEYVAH)".

And:

(2) Leviticus 20: 13, which states: &#1493;&#1488;&#14 97;&#1513; &#1488;&#1513;&#15 12; &#1497;&#1513;&#14 99;&#1489; &#1488;&#1514; &#1494;&#1499;&#15 12; &#1502;&#1513;&#14 99;&#1489;&#1497; &#1488;&#1513;&#14 92; &#1514;&#1493;&#15 06;&#1489;&#1492; &#1506;&#1513;&#14 93; &#1513;&#1504;&#14 97;&#1492;&#1501; &#1502;&#1493;&#15 14; &#1497;&#1493;&#15 02;&#1514;&#1493; &#1491;&#1502;&#14 97;&#1492;&#1501; &#1489;&#1501; "If a man has sexual intercourse with a male person, like as with a woman, they have both committed a &#1514;&#1493;&#15 06;&#1489;&#1492; TOEYVAH (a&#1502; idolatrous perversion). Their death is their own fault".

http://home.earthlink.net/~ecorebbe/id18.html

Translated by a jewish rabbi
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#520364 Apr 14, 2013
Hummm Kind of an eye opener huh? Are WE being faithful in his cause or are we seeking our own objects, and even doing harm instead of good to others.
Fire for God is one thing, fire for us is another isn’t it?

Experiencing God Day By Day:
Calling Down Fire
And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?" (Luke 9:54)
James and John were called the “Sons of Thunder.” When they discovered a Samaritan village that would not receive Jesus, they were fully prepared to call down fire to consume the entire community! Perhaps they felt that through such a show of power, their gospel message might be enhanced. The two brothers were willing to sacrifice the lives of the villagers in order to further the cause of the gospel. Jesus rebuked them.
Later, the apostles heard that Samaria had responded to the gospel (Acts 8:14). Who was commissioned to go and help them receive the Holy Spirit but Peter and John! God’s purpose had not been to destroy those people but to save them. God chose not to rain down fire on the village, but to shower it with His Holy Spirit. What must have gone through John’s mind as he saw those same people, whom he had been ready to destroy, now rejoicing in their salvation? How grateful he must have been that Jesus had prevented him from carrying out his plans!
What an enormous contrast between man’s thinking and God’s! Man’s thinking would have resulted in the destruction of an entire village. God’s plan brought salvation to it. People will benefit far more from what God wants to give them than from your best plans. Have you been shortchanging the people around you by merely giving them your plans instead of God’s?
Luke 9:51 ¶And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,
52 And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.
Matthew Henry’s Commentary:
Luke 9:51-56 The disciples did not consider that the conduct of the Samaritans was rather the effect of national prejudices and bigotry, than of enmity to the word and worship of God; and through they refused to receive Christ and his disciples, they did not ill use or injure them, so that the case was widely different from that of Ahaziah and Elijah. Nor were they aware that the gospel dispensation was to be marked by miracles of mercy. But above all, they were ignorant of the prevailing motives of their own hearts, which were pride and carnal ambition. Of this our Lord warned them. It is easy for us to say, Come, see our zeal for the Lord! and to think we are very faithful in his cause, when we are seeking our own objects, and even doing harm instead of good to others.
I think it is time for me to take a brake from topix.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#520365 Apr 14, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Hens gossip in chicken language, does that mean they are intellectuals?
The tongues like to waggle ya know.But the only time there interesting is when they got something of interest to say
otherwise just scroll why waste the time to read or just
ignore when they lookin for a scrap.Take two to scrap ya
know.To walk away does not make one a coward but shows just
which one is the smartest of the two.Some are doin the dance
waltz of proverbs.
Adam

Germany

#520366 Apr 14, 2013
What we learn from the scriptures is the fact that homosexuality (both lesbians and gays)are an idolatrous perversion
Lafdin

Lansdale, PA

#520367 Apr 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes they are.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#520368 Apr 14, 2013
Will pray though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Phooey 675,437
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Clearwater 110,060
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 982,187
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 184,723
68 year old man missing from Deens Landing?! 5 hr bugg_85 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 5 hr andet1987 69
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 6 hr andet1987 10
More from around the web