Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#520269 Apr 14, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>More from the link you provided that I found noteworthy ...
"Defining your life by volatile antitheism—in other words, clinging to something you don’t believe in—isn’t just annoying, it’s actually pretty backward, and, in some cases, culturally malignant. For a demographic that spits a lot of game about equality and mobility, they sure love lording their “intellect” over anyone who dares to think differently. The atheism subreddit gets off on feeling superior to other people; it’s not about ideas or truth, they’d rather thrive on that faux-scholar buzz."
In other words; trolls.
Indubitably, I concur and applaud you selection, cheerio ;D

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#520270 Apr 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. please quit making false allegations ..
<quoted text>
.. please quit making false allegations ..
They are not false HL, you are lying

You absolutely referred to Christianity as "useless dogma" and also claimed to know who is the "real Christians" in here

I called you on both immediately after as I am sure people remember. The "useless dogma" comment was made by you talking about Christians fighting with each other over beliefs. And you said people can tell who is a "real Christian" by how they post

This is why I don't miss posting. Adults that come on here and just blatantly lie. It is like dealing with a child when you catch him with his hand in the cookie jar while he is maintaining his innocence. I realize your "ethics" have been a sham and your character is probably nothing more than an act once I saw you defending the statement "filthy gay liar" but you are not even making an effort now

Please explain how me repeating two things you absolutely said is me making false allegations?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#520271 Apr 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well No.
God does not operate on your powerless wishes. God operates on what He commands.
You're the created, not the Creator. You were made to worship and obey God, not God obey you. You're nothing but a frail flesh blood and bones creature, God is All Powerful.
So. When YHWH Almighty God says Faith in His Son Yeshua Jesus Christ is what MUST be done in order to experience the Almighty God and have access to God, that is what God means.
FAITH.
That is God's Rules. Bow down, and play by God's rules.
If you refuse, then one day you will be forced to bow down, and then suffer the eternal consequences.
Your disbelief in God, has no bearing on God's existence. Your words, are meaningless in regards to God's existence.
Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Why and how is it that other humans are always speaking for God, stating what God thinks or God does or doesn't do, when these people have not even proved that a God exists?

Your description of what God expects and how one becomes a Christian etc., are you rationalizing. If a God really existed, I am pretty sure that we would be well aware of the fact.

God to you is more interested in our having faith in his existence though unseen, than He is in how we treat our fellow human beings. I think that is a pretty shallow narcissistic God, and I wouldn't worship it, even if I knew it existed. He likes to play mind games rather than be forthright with us, according to what I understand you are saying.

We humans do not approve of or accept that kind of behavior from another human being, so why would we accept if from what some think is the best entity existing?

Your God makes people like Hitler, Gaddafi, and Hussein seem like angels in comparison. Angels are another imaginary entity.

Location hidden

#520272 Apr 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Nothing to believe in except an imaginary battle against anonymous strangers in cyberspace.
We must be like Gods to them! LOL
Oooh.... I was thinking celebrities but gods has a nice ring to it :D
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

United States

#520274 Apr 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Nothing to believe in except an imaginary battle against anonymous strangers in cyberspace.
We must be like Gods to them! LOL
My god, if I were to invent one, were to be capable of more relevant discourse than Scoff, Insult, repeat.
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

United States

#520275 Apr 14, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems as though anyone who takes a position counter to yours you label a troll. That seems very disingenuous.
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

United States

#520276 Apr 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not false HL, you are lying
You absolutely referred to Christianity as "useless dogma" and also claimed to know who is the "real Christians" in here
I called you on both immediately after as I am sure people remember. The "useless dogma" comment was made by you talking about Christians fighting with each other over beliefs. And you said people can tell who is a "real Christian" by how they post
This is why I don't miss posting. Adults that come on here and just blatantly lie. It is like dealing with a child when you catch him with his hand in the cookie jar while he is maintaining his innocence. I realize your "ethics" have been a sham and your character is probably nothing more than an act once I saw you defending the statement "filthy gay liar" but you are not even making an effort now
Please explain how me repeating two things you absolutely said is me making false allegations?
Is it correct that you don't consider the over 40,000 different brands of Christianity of any import to its veracity? Are you one of the Reddit Atheists that were just discussed? If vitriolic insults are an indicator, then I would hazard to guess yes.
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

United States

#520277 Apr 14, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Why and how is it that other humans are always speaking for God, stating what God thinks or God does or doesn't do, when these people have not even proved that a God exists?
Your description of what God expects and how one becomes a Christian etc., are you rationalizing. If a God really existed, I am pretty sure that we would be well aware of the fact.
God to you is more interested in our having faith in his existence though unseen, than He is in how we treat our fellow human beings. I think that is a pretty shallow narcissistic God, and I wouldn't worship it, even if I knew it existed. He likes to play mind games rather than be forthright with us, according to what I understand you are saying.
We humans do not approve of or accept that kind of behavior from another human being, so why would we accept if from what some think is the best entity existing?
Your God makes people like Hitler, Gaddafi, and Hussein seem like angels in comparison. Angels are another imaginary entity.
My favorite Christian meme is their assertion that their god is so very complex and too difficult for our mortal minds to comprehend while they simultaneously discuss the nature of their god and what it wants and needs.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#520278 Apr 14, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh.... I was thinking celebrities but gods has a nice ring to it :D
"I said,'You are all Gods. You are all Sons of YHWY.'"

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#520279 Apr 14, 2013
Bartholomew Oglethorpe ...Bartholomew Oglethorpe ...

Where have I heard that? A greyboxer with an anonymous proxy ...
Bartholomew Oglethorpe ...

Oh yeah, the ol JLY room.
I believe the Bartholomew part may be new, the Oglethorpe, not new; a poster of unlimited calling cards ...multiple ID's and web addy's.

Hey Oglethorpe, how are ya buddy?
Man it's been a while huh? What ...maybe, 3-4 yrs.
Where ya been? Do the authority's allow PC time in the Big House? Did they finally let you out? You didn't escape did ya? You know they just add on more time for that.

Things have changed a lot since last you were around. Most of the posters you knew have moved on. Xman still beats the bush's ...WIP is dead bless her soul, cancer I think ...she went quickly.

So whats up with you? You'll have to fill us all in okay.

Look, I gotta move on. You take care yourself ...and stay outa trouble.

Later,

hu

Location hidden

#520280 Apr 14, 2013
Bartholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>It seems as though anyone who takes a position counter to yours you label a troll. That seems very disingenuous.
Not necessarily dear chap, only those whose behaviour screams such. I have not labeled anyone a troll recently and therefore am finding your post to be rather puzzling indeed. Cheerio and a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#520281 Apr 14, 2013
<quoted text>My god, if I were to invent one, were to be capable of more relevant discourse than Scoff, Insult, repeat.
Is that why you are greyboxing, Littleshit ?

Did mommy yell at you ? You really don't think she knows what you are doing ?

ROFLMAO
Adam

Germany

#520282 Apr 14, 2013
@Boooots

Are you still pulling the igmnorant card saying the bible is a myth and Sodom and Gomorrah has never existed?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#520283 Apr 14, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
...If a God really existed, I am pretty sure that we would be well aware of the fact...
If quantum mechanics existed we would all be well aware of it.

<snicker>

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#520284 Apr 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
The "heavenly father" god the LORD says in the bible:
"For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head".
I got this cool plastic bag and a zip tie. Let me know if you want to cover your head with it. I'll mail it to you.

:-)

Location hidden

#520285 Apr 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much. A couple athtard trolls making fools of themselves. Nothing new. Since you left, Luci and I have become IANS new targets. He is one funny little man.
The quote actually made me think of him as the only people putting their lives in his hands today are people that get in a car with him! LOL

Bigots normally have two things in common. They don't feel respected and they are angry at some group for whatever reason. When a guy blurts out things like people are putting their lives in his hands in present tense clearly he is frustrated he isn't getting the respect he feels he deserves. He makes up social labels that don't exist like "secular humanists" and creates his own constitution. That is pretty self-evident as to what is going on. This isn't a child playing an immaginary game but a grown man pretending he is the leader of a fantasy demographic and speaks in plural as if he is the voice of many.

Yet he openly admitted he would probably not be nearly as vocal in real life as he is on Topix. He is just a guy who is winding down in years that misses the days when he felt respected so he has created a fantasy online to give himself that illusion. A couple of people have played into it for their own needs. It is pretty sad when one thinks about it. Or would be if he didn't also happen to be a cranky old bigot. His validation now comes in the source of people more insecure than him. He doesn't have much going on. Just play along and every once in a while tell him you know he was a very important doctor. Maybe wipe the crumbs from the corner of his mouth. But I wouldn't give him much more consideration than that:)

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#520286 Apr 14, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>More from the link you provided that I found noteworthy ...
"Defining your life by volatile antitheism—in other words, clinging to something you don’t believe in—isn’t just annoying, it’s actually pretty backward, and, in some cases, culturally malignant. For a demographic that spits a lot of game about equality and mobility, they sure love lording their “intellect” over anyone who dares to think differently. The atheism subreddit gets off on feeling superior to other people; it’s not about ideas or truth, they’d rather thrive on that faux-scholar buzz."
In other words; trolls.
.. before everyone jumps on the anti-intellectual bandwagon, I'd like to mention that the average Joe has never embraced intellectuals because they view them as snotty, privileged or powerful ..

.. whether it's religion or business, western cultures have sanctioned and promoted a disdain for genius in favor of indoctrination that will produce conformity instead of abstract thought ..

.. the mind is the ultimate refuge of creativity and true freedom. To promote anti-intellectualism is plainly wrong ..

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#520287 Apr 14, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Cap'n Crunch ...

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#520288 Apr 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid.The Bible describes immoral behavior, what does that have to do with any orientation, and yes they do have a choice of behaviors.
Suppressing your homosexuality seems to make you grumpy. You should change your behaviour.

Location hidden

#520289 Apr 14, 2013
<quoted text>Is it correct that you don't consider the over 40,000 different brands of Christianity of any import to its veracity? Are you one of the Reddit Atheists that were just discussed? If vitriolic insults are an indicator, then I would hazard to guess yes.
I have no idea what you are talking about as I haven't been following along.

However my "vitriolic insults" were actually quoting what another poster has stated previously. I thought this was fairly obvious from context.

I do believe her ethics to be a sham. I also find it highly questionable a poster (that has many times been accused of having many identities) who claims to be a gay women would defend a comment such as "filty, gay, liar" as something that isn't bigoted. She went on to say it depends if it is true and also compared that example to "a good Christian man" as if using "gay" as an insult is the same thing as using "Christian" as a compliment; completing ignoring the context and intent. When someone includes "gay" in a litany of insults, they are also using "gay" as an insult. So for someone who claims to be gay to actually defend that usage is very suspicious questionable to me as to her veracity.

I don't find questioning either her ethics or her honesty to be "vitriolic" considering the reasons I have for doing so. She has also called out my honesty for pointing out she has called Christian beliefs useless dogma yet here is her post

HL said:

Over what? Some insignificant dogma that they believe is the only truth ??"

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

I really am not sure what you are getting at

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Aura Mytha 26,567
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Aerobatty 985,714
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 20 min Halle Berry Sister 4,292
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 25 min MOGA 41
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Just Think 685,835
Why some in the south tower got what they had c... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Glorious ECLIPSE coming TODAY @10:45 am in Arka... 8 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web