Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#520073 Apr 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we have yet another fine example of a Christian upbringing in play.
Why would saying that I used to be a Christian, for example, count as a lie to a Christian like you? Because you felt like maligning the whole class of unbelievers like you think your god does? Do you believe that you are expected to do that because your bible teaches you to think that way?
"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ." - I John
Is that where you learned to be such a fine person?
^^^^ The meltdown of a proven liar and theif continues^^^^^

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#520074 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, this thread has been a real eye opener.
I never knew there was so much ignorance out there.
What a bunch of cave dwellers.
So it's their ignorance that impresses you, huh?

For me, it's the moral turpitude - the ease with which they call others liar, fool, bigot, and the like. And not just us unbelievers. They cannibalize one another.

It's utterly nauseating. I have developed a new level of contempt for this religion in this thread. I didn't think that was possible.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#520075 Apr 13, 2013
But Teddy, you do those things too. Everyone here seems more involved with 'self' than anything else, like the world.... so what happens? War.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#520076 Apr 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
..For me, it's the moral turpitude - the ease with which they call others liar, fool, bigot, and the like... They cannibalize one another...
You are the biggest hypocrite on this thread!

You just described yourself.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#520077 Apr 14, 2013
Cloud Atlas -- Awesome Movie :-)

http://filenuke.com/p7olrrgu0kqu

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#520078 Apr 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have as little comprehension of the allegory of Job as the Christians do.
Job in short:
God lets shit happen.
Man complains.
Other men blame the man.
God tells them all to shut up and that they don't know shit and have no saw in the matter.
The End
Later ending added: "And they all lived happily ever after."
You are correct. God allows things to happen, for one reason or another. Maybe to get our attention... Job comes to mind...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#520079 Apr 14, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> True enough, she MEANS to post discord and ignorance on this thread.
What you suggest is not HL's intent.

Does she seek to provoke thought and create understanding or raised awareness in regard to a variety of subjects due to that thought process she hopes to enhance?

Certainly.

However, for a moment lets say that she is trying to do what you mentioned above. I can assure you that you have seniority within the thread in those areas and your position isn't threatened in the least, you will retain your status.

But, as I said, you needn't be alarmed or feel at peril, HL only seeks to bring about new and more comprehensive ways in which to look at the issues discussed on the WSJLM thread.

Do not worry, you will not be replaced.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#520080 Apr 14, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Cloud Atlas -- Awesome Movie :-)
http://filenuke.com/p7olrrgu0kqu
Hey pretty lady! It's almost my bed time..:)xo

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#520081 Apr 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey pretty lady! It's almost my bed time..:)xo
Hey sis! Have a lovely sleep :)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#520082 Apr 14, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sis! Have a lovely sleep :)
Thanks, I think I'm getting a cold... I need to get better for the wedding... I have some idea's for your hair and nails...:) See you tomorrow on the other thread...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#520083 Apr 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I think I'm getting a cold... I need to get better for the wedding... I have some idea's for your hair and nails...:) See you tomorrow on the other thread...
Ok sweetie, take care, lots of fresh OJ, luv ya <3

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#520084 Apr 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. Lots of fascinating accounts in Job. Now there is a Hero of Faith.
NOTES ON JOB: "The ancient folktale of a patient Job (1.1-2.13; 42.7-17; Jas. 5.11) circulated orally among oriental sages in the second millennium B.C. and was probably written down in Hebrew at the time of David and Solomon or a century later (about 1000-800 B.C.)." - Bruce M. Metzger

"P.H.D from Princeton Theological Seminary. He stayed at Princeton as a Teaching Fellow in New Testament Greek. On April 11, 1939, he was ordained in the Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A.[1] which after mergers is now known as the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). In 1940, he earned his M.A. from Princeton University and became an Instructor in New Testament. Two years later, he earned his Ph.D.("Studies in a Greek Gospel Lectionary (Greg. 303)"), also from Princeton." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_M._Metzger

Metzger became widely seen as an 'Apostate" by Christianity in later life. He simply mentioned and told what essentially all theologians are aware of, but rarely mention.

They have to make a living, too. Nothing worse than putting yourself out of work.

Anyway...

"Belonging to "Israel's FICTION, rather than to its history, and should be read among its tales and stories"; the book of Job is "religious FICTION" - How to read the bible, 1946, Edgar J. Goodspeed

"Edgar J. Goodspeed was born in Quincy, Illinois. He graduated from Denison University (where he also received a doctorate in Divinity, 1928) and the University of Chicago (Ph.D. 1898)."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_J._Goodsp...

The bible is full of such "borrowings" or adaptations of older myth and legend from previous cultures. Sometimes, just modified passages or verses here and there, and at other times, almost an entire book.

Take the book of Daniel, for instance.

Except for being altered and manipulated heavily to fit within Judaic mythology and being "historicized". The book of "Daniel" is taken in large part, if not entirely from earlier Ugarit mythology. Dan'lil in Ugarit, if I recall correctly. It can be found. You just have to look for the information. Information that a large majority of theologians are aware of.

But, rarely revealed or mentioned.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#520085 Apr 14, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious that that's what happened. I mean, look at the inquisition.
It shows how horrible they were.
Those weren't the days my friend.
:-(
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#520086 Apr 14, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
We're all gay for bacon.
Frances Bacon, hey?
Adam

Germany

#520087 Apr 14, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Frances Bacon, hey?
&lc =iAGjC2ktDo8lKg7-QYzoI52YX14zj cnYndVKfiJTFII

It´s no good sweetie.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#520088 Apr 14, 2013
It is SONday.....Morning!!!

“If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to meet it.”

~ Jonathan Winters

Thought for the day

Rest in Peace Jonathan....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#520089 Apr 14, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, I have so many things going on in my life. Please help me to know which tasks are really important and what special projects or missions I should take on. Open my eyes that I may see what foundation the project is based on and remember the experiences you have demonstrated in my life that would help me to do the project well...or that would serve as a warning for me to stop and not get involved in a specific project. Help me to examine my motives, skills, qualities, and abilities related to accomplishing the task. And please guide me in every step, that I may choose your will and receive your blessings. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#520090 Apr 14, 2013
Encouraging Words....

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.

John 10:11

K-Love

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#520091 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA !
And you claim to be tolerant.....
God is sovereign

Every afflicted Christian should bow to the absolute sovereignty of God and surrender to Him the right to do what He chooses to do, whenever He chooses to do it, in any way He chooses to do it, for any purpose He wants to accomplish, and to use any person He chooses.

My Father's way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I'm glad I know
He maketh no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray,
My hopes may fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead,
For He doth know the way.

Though night be dark and it may seem
That day will never break,
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He maketh no mistake.

There's so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight's far too dim;
But come what may, I'll surely trust
And leave it all to Him.

For by and by the mist will lift
And plain it all He'll make;
Through all the way, though dark to me,
He made not one mistake.

(A. M. Overton)

http://bible.org/seriespage/god-control

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#520092 Apr 14, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
It is SONday.....Morning!!!
“If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to meet it.”
~ Jonathan Winters
Thought for the day
Rest in Peace Jonathan....
Indeed. He helped me to laugh. Gods love.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min It aint necessari... 49,434
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 58 min ChristineM 445,753
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 1 hr anonymous 43
i need a man to get me pregnant no strings atta... (Dec '12) 2 hr Breedu 69
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 2 hr Darkbolt500 22
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Annaleigh 105,683
Maturbating now 2 hr Johny 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 646,943
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr The Hangman 971,805
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 5 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web