Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#519867 Apr 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> But the whoring and the promiscuous could have, right?
If you are not ready for the responsibility of raising a child........
So an unplanned pregnancy is the woman's fault alone?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#519868 Apr 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Again? Why bother answering this over and over and over and over again? Really? Why bother?
Short answer: that's not my claim, and it's not the question that needs to be answered.
Do you own a Dodge?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#519869 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One swallow does not make a summer.
Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals, especially for animals who are suffering; for animals that are overworked, underfed and cruelly treated; for all wistful creatures in captivity that beat their wings against bars; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry; for all that must be put death. We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words. Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals, and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

~ Albert Schweitzer

http://www.2heartsnetwork.org/nature.htm ***

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#519870 Apr 13, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
G_O_D, I really have not yet grasped what side of the topic you speak on here. Am I correct that you are criticizing people on both sides for their behavior. If so I agree with you.
Correct.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#519871 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Is that right? Where? Which words define homonym?
I'm guessing that you didn't understand the post. You didn't seem to be able to identify the questions. They are the sentences with the squiggly little "?"s at the end :
<quoted text>
< silence >
<quoted text>
< complete silence >
<quoted text>
< utter silence >
You seem to think that your questions deserve answers - several times in many cases - but that you are free to ignore questions yourself.
Well at least I found a way to shut you up.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#519872 Apr 13, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
That has been very apparent in some believers on some of these threads. Some of those also would be considered the most un-God like of the participants.
Agreed!

Long Beach, CA

#519873 Apr 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
JOB 38:36 Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?
A bird does not sing because it has an answer.
It sings because it has a song.(Chinese)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#519874 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Is that right? Where? Which words define homonym?
I'm guessing that you didn't understand the post. You didn't seem to be able to identify the questions. They are the sentences with the squiggly little "?"s at the end :
<quoted text>
< silence >
<quoted text>
< complete silence >
<quoted text>
< utter silence >
You seem to think that your questions deserve answers - several times in many cases - but that you are free to ignore questions yourself.
This post reminds me of when Dawkins was asked about faith in his wife.

He was as silenced as you.

http://youtu.be/4NzFr4lM-lc

Y'all atheists are all alike.
ROCCO

La Quinta, CA

#519875 Apr 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's really a chore not to laugh at atheists. Because at the essence of their claim, is simply a lack of rational basic common sense. and lack of common sense, is funny.
Thank you for a good laugh!

Long Beach, CA

#519876 Apr 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
JOB 38:25 Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder;
26 To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man;
27 To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth?
28 Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?
Thunder in the morning, all day storming; Thunder at night is the travelers delight.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#519877 Apr 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's my issue as well. I would rather see the word used in the context of a discussion than just being written because then I'm not sure if the Christian or writer really know what the verse mean that they write.
But that's different than saying I'm annoyed by that.
My thing is that The Word of God, is the Christian. The bible, is the Christian. Jesus Christ, is the Christian. The church, is the Christian. The Christian's life, is the Word.
It's impossible asking them to discuss their philosophy which is Christianity and Jesus Christ, and not include the bible. In fact it's rather preposterous and naive for an unbeliever to ask that of a Christian.
You do not want to Christian to talk about the bible?, then don't ask the Christian to discuss philosophy. It's that simple. Talk about the weather or sports or politics or the news or wallstreet investments or anything else. But ask about Christianity, the Christian MUST include the bible. Basic stuff. That like asking Elton John to talk about music, but not to mention he is a musician himself. Or ask Bobby Flair to talk food, but not mention he is a chef himself with many restaurants. foolishness.
If the bible annoy a unbeliever, then that unbeliever simply need to talk to the Christian about something else, rather than they religion. And if they do that, then they won't have to worry about being annoyed at reading or hearing about the bible. Simple solution.
Trifecta1, those analogies are not really on the point at all. Asking Elton John to talk about music and not mentioning that he is a musician, is one thing, but if you are talking about or to Elton John and rather than talk he just sits there and sings his songs all the time, I would think at some point the talk would end and either you would walk away in frustration, or you would pick poor Elton up and toss him out the door.

There is a time and place for everything. One has to learn when and where something is applicable or not. A discussion is a two way conversation. Cutting and pasting Bible verses from an internet site has no meaning except if it is specifically required to back up a point that one is trying to make. That would not usually extend into several pages of verses.

Okay Elton, let's talk about your music. Why do you sing the songs you do?

Elton: Sings a Song.

But Elton I am interested in your background and what got you into music in the first place, and also I am wondering what being gay and marrying a man from that oft thought lesser country of Canada has impacted on your music.

Elton: Sings another song.

End of discussion. One or both walk away entirely disappointed.

From this, one would have to conclude that Elton doesn't understand English, or that he is too arrogant to chat with lowly people, or he is so self-obsessed that all he wants to do is sing when others want to talk. Actually I doubt Elton is any of those things.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#519878 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I looked at them, but still didn't find what you are calling a lie.
In the future, please include the link. Giving me the only post number when you're looking at the link and could easily copy and paste it here seems a little lazy or inconsiderate.
These are the links to the two posts you just mentioned.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
I couldn't see a lie there. I've added a couple more posts to help clarify what happened :
From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
NoStress4me: "Find myself wondering at the very idea of where Christian opinion is welcome on here"
IANS: "Your Christian opinion is welcome in your home and church. I suggest you consider confining it to those places."
From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
hick-up: "With the thousands of threads available on Topix you show up here to tell these folks they have no right to be here."
IANS: "You must be confused. I said and say no such thing."
From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
hick-up: "So you are a liar. Confine yourself!"
As best I can tell, you morphed my answer to NoStress' question of where Christian opinion is welcome into telling her that she has no right to be here, accused me of posting the latter, and then called me a liar for disagreeing that I had.
Is that correct? Did you change what was essentially 'consider that your Christian opinions would be more welcome in a place for just Christians' to 'you have no right to post an opinion on this thread'?
I should tell you that this has been a running theme in this thread for as long as I've been here: somebody misunderstanding or misrepresenting another poster, and then calling that poster a liar for not agreeing with that mistake. That is exactly what the Dimwit did repeatedly.
Do you still say that I lied here?
OMG....

Defensive much?

#519879 Apr 13, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 519672
<quoted text>
Read it again.
Followed your link and this is what was written;

"Your bible was composed for illiterate, unwashed goatherds.

By "It aint necessarily so"

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#519880 Apr 13, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
It should never become a concern for the USA as long as the USA maintains its separation of church and state policy, and it maintains its military position in the world, so that no Muslim based government attacks, takes over the USA, and then imposes Islamic law. I highly suspect that many of the Muslims who move to the USA (though there are some people in certain ethnic groups there who convert also) do so to get away from abusive Islamic rule, though they don't necessarily leave behind their beliefs when they do so, much as many Christians came to American to get away from abusive Christian regimes, but remained Christians.
Yeah, I don't suspect it will, either.

I threw that last comment in to somewhat highlight that some Christians at times will point at Islam and how Islam treats a segment of the population in an Islamic country, as some sort of proof or assertion that they feel should negate any criticisms of Christianity by comparison.

It's almost like a Christian slogan on a billboard.

"CHRISTIANITY; WE'RE NOT AS BAD AS ISLAM!...okay?"

Long Beach, CA

#519881 Apr 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Our Heavenly Father would not laugh if we are laughing at others to hurt them ~ nor would HE laugh if we are putting others down. It is of course, only my opinion, but HE would be feeling the hurt of the one that is hurting, rather than laughing with the one who is laughing.... HE is within each of us, and like our brain feels the pain of a prick in our finger, HE will feel the pain that is in our hearts.
It is also my understanding that the following Scriptures tells us so;
Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
The world loves a spice of wickedness.(H.W. Longfellow)

Long Beach, CA

#519882 Apr 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA !
And you claim to be tolerant.....
I have two brothers.

Never, ever would I turn on either of them.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#519883 Apr 13, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that post, though I will admit that a few comments I am not sure I understand (perhaps your style of writing or shortforms for some things have confused me).
LOL
I had to google that to learn what 'shortforms' were myself!- eg. I'm, it's - so hope it is only my way with English which is your confusion and not what I wrote. Tho in reading back, it may be these 2 points which confound you, and I'll correct the English word or two.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer...
... I might utter before an event – or if the cops want help, lead them straight to the problem.
… all prove true, not to believe there is more to life than meets the eye of proof, leaving the door open for all things being possible in my book, to God.

“I see you want to discuss your no God beliefs with others, and there being no proof, I cannot vouch for anything where no there proof - in what books, or human beings claim. I know that my Jesus lives, have seen him, and go so far as to say I am as married to him. So anything you say to me I would automatically defend... for even you cannot prove I have not seen and spoken with him face to face many times. Any disbelief then of this, would leave us both without further conversation.”

If it wasn't this … then I don't know... your confusion.
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I gather you live in a place which is perhaps not as well to do as I do
<quoted text>
We have no class distinction called 'well to do' or not, as no-one is better off in the world than the happiest people on earth and what they have not got in other's eyes of western /European influence.
Our land is free, our grass one room huts are free, food is free [ land or sea,] water is free [wells,]+ no electricity accounts. There is only one coral road on my island, and 2 community old utility 2 seater motors, no road rules, no cops. Travel to other Islands is by small motor boat, and we all pile in as in the cars.
~~big smiles no problems~~
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
My work life...
<quoted text>
… We live in a fairly cheap apartment, and I have had no car since late 2010, which makes it cheaper for us, as the cost of a car is much higher than the public transit costs locally, and when I need a car for long distance infrequent travel I rent one for a few days, which is much cheaper than having one sitting costing me money all the time.
<quoted text>
Since I have been able to go on winter vacations 
<quoted text>
During the first years of my life, we had no running water in our home, and I was likely close to my teens before we had a shower in our bathroom.
As you 'think' in these thought patterns, I cannot compare 'my little' to 'so much', and yet to have so much less is the greatest blessing in life, allowing more time for the most important things. Living in 3 lands, my Pacific Islands, Africa, and Australia, working between science, nuclear physics, governments, apartheid, medics, the law, or the homeless - to mention a few – what counts is always the pw's job throughout my life. I knew from the age of 3, and have never 'looked back'.

To date this has formed a book, which will be my final testimony, and proof of all I have witnessed. Never a reason in such fulfillment to be bored, and no time to lose nor waste. What I have achieved is not important. That I see the fruits of my labors is to the glory of God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#519885 Apr 13, 2013
scaritual wrote:

Why would a supreme, omnipotent being decide that what it needed to do in order to appease itself was to sacrifice itself to itself to save it's own creations from the wrath of itself?
Simple. The wages of sin is death, the forgiveness of sins comes from bloodshed.

This means that someone or something has to die.

God doesn't want humans to keep on killing animals to Him for your sins, He wanted to take the wage of sin, which is death, on Himself, so anyone, anywhere can receive the salvation, which is the free gift of life.

Now answer her question; Why shouldn't Jesus love you?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#519886 Apr 13, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
I was born that way.

#519887 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A bird does not sing because it has an answer.
It sings because it has a song.(Chinese)
Psalm 104:12 By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min Al Capone 5,151
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 777,715
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min how g 265,399
Designer sarees Online 34 min Priya 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min how g 560,316
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr andet1987 47
Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 1 hr Loggerblogger 56
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 hr yon 4,848
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 hr hpcaban 441,809
More from around the web