Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#519853 Apr 13, 2013
Jackson wrote:
Jesus will forgive you for murder,sex crimes,gluttony....most pleasures of the flesh...so if you pray everyday you can do whatever you want...enjoy yourself...bathe in the pleasures....its a loophole.....hey he made the rules not you....just do it!!!
*rubs temples*

That's not how it works...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#519854 Apr 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible condemns itself. We didn't write the scriptures. We're just citing them.
Do you remember making a similar argument in defense of Epi after she cited 1 John 2:22, "Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist"
I told her that she had called all unbelievers liars and the antichrist. You and she both said that she wasn't responsible for the content of bible verses that she selected. LAWEST tried the same stunt.
I'll bet you reject that argument now, don't you. If so, aren't you applying a double standard? Didn't you offer a justification that you knew that you wouldn't accept if offered to you?
JOB 38:25 Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder;

26 To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man;

27 To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth?

28 Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?

Location hidden

#519855 Apr 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. who told you my middle name ??..
"Jesus Christ, it's a lesbian!"

There's middle name in there somewhere...

Location hidden

#519856 Apr 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in unicorns and spaghetti monsters?
If you don't, then that's simply your faith in the lack of their existence.
See how stupid that sounds? That's what you're saying.
HA HA HA !!!

Ya, that's the same thing...

Look, it's not my fault you doubt your own beliefs.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#519857 Apr 13, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
simplyput wrote:
All of you Atheist are so ironic --you are always talking about GOD.
Read it again.

Location hidden

#519858 Apr 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. there is a direct correlation. For thousands of years, homosexuals were only open about their orientation in the privacy of their homes and in gay clubs. Are you advocating Christians go into the closet ??..
<quoted text>
.. my understanding is somewhat different. During the first constitutional convention, the very idea of who would say an opening prayer was in dispute. A Baptist, a Presbyterian? It was only after much negotiation that our forefathers agreed the prayer would be non-denominational, the very idea of a state-sponsored church was rejected and the beginning of a secular government was formed ..
.. if I'm incorrect, please clarify my understanding ..
<quoted text>
.. perhaps but religion is not about to go away in the near future so a peaceful co-existence must be attained. We cannot continue down the path of Muslims declaring Christians infidels or Christians detesting atheists. We both know where that leads ..
<quoted text>
.. since religion is not going to disappear, we must find a way to live peacefully with what we have ..
Wow. Nice. I still love you.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#519859 Apr 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...how about this then:
In 2004, the American Journal of Psychiatry reported the following:
“ Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide than subjects who endorsed a religious affiliation. Unaffiliated subjects were younger, less often married, less often had children, and had less contact with family members. Furthermore, subjects with no religious affiliation perceived fewer reasons for living, particularly fewer moral objections to suicide. In terms of clinical characteristics, religiously unaffiliated subjects had more lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and past substance use disorder. No differences in the level of subjective and objective depression, hopelessness, or stressful life events were found.[19]”
According to a study by the Barna Group regarding charitable giving:"The typical no-faith American donated just $200 in 2006, which is more than seven times less than the amount contributed by the prototypical active-faith adult ($1500).[20] A number of studies have confirmed that there is an inverse relationship to doing volunteer work and depression.[21] Please see: Atheism and depression
The website Adherents.com reported the following in respect to atheism and suicide:
“ Pitzer College sociologist Phil Zuckerman compiled country-by-country survey, polling and census numbers relating to atheism, agnosticism, disbelief in God and people who state they are non-religious or have no religious preference. These data were published in the chapter titled "Atheism: Contemporary Rates and Patterns" in The Cambridge Companion to Atheism, ed. by Michael Martin, Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK (2005). In examining various indicators of societal health, Zuckerman concludes about suicide:
"Concerning suicide rates, this is the one indicator of societal health in which religious nations fare much better than secular nations. According to the 2003 World Health Organization's report on international male suicides rates (which compared 100 countries), of the top ten nations with the highest male suicide rates, all but one (Sri Lanka) are strongly irreligious nations with high levels of atheism. It is interesting to note, however, that of the top remaining nine nations leading the world in male suicide rates, all are former Soviet/Communist nations, such as Belarus, Ukraine, and Latvia. Of the bottom ten nations with the lowest male suicide rates, all are highly religious nations with statistically insignificant levels of organic atheism."[22
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_heal...
The less religious the more prone to mental illness and suicide attempts.
LOL

#519860 Apr 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was never that we shouldn't laugh.
You are correct...we are blessed with the ability to not only laugh but to shed tears...to feel compassion...empathy...and understanding.
There are times when all of these might be appropriate and other times when they are not.
My point was more along the lines...would God laugh at some of the things that we laugh at...or would he shed a tear?
We laugh at people on here at times...we poke fun...call names...we degrade and denigrate people...all in the name of some weird type of entertainment as Mikey calls it.
If there is this higher power...I wonder...does that higher power see it the same as we do...does he laugh at what we find so appalling...does he cry at what we might think is funny.
Yes...I agree...God gave us laughter...I think that laughter was not meant in order to put others down.
Please notice simplyput...I said we...that is what I meant...we.
Our Heavenly Father would not laugh if we are laughing at others to hurt them ~ nor would HE laugh if we are putting others down. It is of course, only my opinion, but HE would be feeling the hurt of the one that is hurting, rather than laughing with the one who is laughing.... HE is within each of us, and like our brain feels the pain of a prick in our finger, HE will feel the pain that is in our hearts.

It is also my understanding that the following Scriptures tells us so;

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Location hidden

#519861 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

Could we possibly treat it like air pollution?
Minimize its effect on society at large?
Or perhaps like tornadoes?
HA !

And you claim to be tolerant.....

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#519862 Apr 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
LOL...how about this then:
In 2004, the American Journal of Psychiatry reported the following:
“Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide(...)
There are reasons for that, which weren't presented in the info you provided.

Anyway...

Within secular cultures having higher proportions of atheists/agnostics or those with no religious belief, assisted suicides, or suicide in medical cases and other situations that can be addressed by suicide instead of facing a long, painful and difficult decline towards inevitable death, or lessened quality of life due to health issues, suicide is often an accepted and/or preferred option for both the religious and non religious person.

However, within those secular societies, there are no religious taboos or religiously motivated beliefs/laws that prohibit suicide, so the numbers of suicide in those secular cultures are higher.

Statistically, there is a correlation between less religiosity and higher suicide rates - erroneously linked to mental illness - as if an absence of religion causes a person to want to die. That isn't the case in reality.

Many Western(Christian/Abrahamic) cultures have strong religious beliefs and taboos against suicide. Those cultures attach a "mental health" issue to those who opt for suicide, and record it as such, however, that is not a proven scientific, or psychological reality, it's just religiously influenced beliefs driving the conclusion that it must indicate mental instability when a person chooses suicide, as opposed to a long drawn out and painful death due to cancer and praying to a deity for a solution, for instance.

More here:

"It is important to keep in mind that atheism and agnosticism have no inherent proscription against suicide, so higher rates of suicide among agnostics and atheists should in no way be considered a failure of these belief systems. Indeed, compassionate tolerance for suicide and euthanasia are widely regarded as hallmarks of many secular societies."
http://www.adherents.com/misc/religion_suicid...

I can also present these statistics and attention grabbing headlines concerning suicide, too.

"Protestants Are Three Times More Likely Than Catholics To Commit Suicide"
http://www.christianpost.com/news/suicide-mor...

Huh oh, maybe Protestants should become Catholic!

"Protestant countries were noted to have approximately double the number of suicides as predominantly Catholic countries (15.5 per 100,000 vs. 8.9 per 100,000, respectively)." http://blogs.christianpost.com/overcoming/pro...

Move to a Catholic country!

NOW!

"'Spiritual' people at higher risk of mental health problems(...)Our main finding is that people who had a spiritual understanding of life had worse mental health than those with an understanding that was neither religious nor spiritual." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/...

That nasty old "spirituality" and "religion" - GET RID OF IT!

"Followers of religions that strongly prohibit suicide, like Christianity and Islam, have a higher suicide rate than those religions which have no strong prohibition (e.g. Buddhism and Hinduism.) Protestants have the highest suicide rate; Roman Catholics are next; Jews have the lowest rate. http://www.religioustolerance.org/sui_fact.ht...

OOOPS... Nix the Catholicism, Judaism is obviously WAY...better than Christianity.

"There are lower recorded rates of suicidal behavior among Muslims when compared to other religions, such as Christianity or Hinduism"
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs1...

Better get you some Allah!

Oh!.. Pink Panther... What say you, real or no?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#519863 Apr 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes; I have often seen the magpies out earlier than the other birds, staring at the lawn, looking for movement. Have also watched Mama and Papa Magpie gather up the food and fly off to feed their babies, and watched them toughen them up, teaching them to feed themselves. The magpies have been here since we moved in, and each year there is a new family born, so at times, it appears we have a flock of magpies in our yard, a sight worth seeing.
Give me the strength and wisdom
to face all adversities in life,
no matter how large or trivial.
Though I know You are always with me,
I sometimes forget
when I am wrapped up in a struggle.
The only thing I need is a gentle nudge;
the reminder that You soldier on along side me.
Help me to stop and realize,
You will never let me down.
-Dawn Tanner
http://www.beliefnet.com/Prayables/Prayer-Sto... ***
One swallow does not make a summer.

Long Beach, CA

#519865 Apr 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. underscored by intellectual dishonesty ..
They are compelled to deny science.

And for this, intellectual dishonesty is essential.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#519866 Apr 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed here on Abortion 100%, I too believe that it should be reserved only for pregnancies that are a direct danger to the mothers life or her health, and those who want to argue in favor of it want to do so because they have no sense of responsibility for not keeping their legs closed to begin, because to them the baby would be an inconvenience, really sad, and we seem to mirror one another on this 100% as well.
As for gay rights equality.........there is no such thing as it was not meant to be from the beginning and no one is really born that way as well.
I was born that way.

Long Beach, CA

#519867 Apr 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> But the whoring and the promiscuous could have, right?
If you are not ready for the responsibility of raising a child........
So an unplanned pregnancy is the woman's fault alone?

Location hidden

#519868 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Again? Why bother answering this over and over and over and over again? Really? Why bother?
Short answer: that's not my claim, and it's not the question that needs to be answered.
Do you own a Dodge?

#519869 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One swallow does not make a summer.
Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals, especially for animals who are suffering; for animals that are overworked, underfed and cruelly treated; for all wistful creatures in captivity that beat their wings against bars; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry; for all that must be put death. We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words. Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals, and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

~ Albert Schweitzer

http://www.2heartsnetwork.org/nature.htm ***

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#519870 Apr 13, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
G_O_D, I really have not yet grasped what side of the topic you speak on here. Am I correct that you are criticizing people on both sides for their behavior. If so I agree with you.
Correct.

Location hidden

#519871 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Is that right? Where? Which words define homonym?
I'm guessing that you didn't understand the post. You didn't seem to be able to identify the questions. They are the sentences with the squiggly little "?"s at the end :
<quoted text>
< silence >
<quoted text>
< complete silence >
<quoted text>
< utter silence >
You seem to think that your questions deserve answers - several times in many cases - but that you are free to ignore questions yourself.
Well at least I found a way to shut you up.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#519872 Apr 13, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
That has been very apparent in some believers on some of these threads. Some of those also would be considered the most un-God like of the participants.
Agreed!

Long Beach, CA

#519873 Apr 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
JOB 38:36 Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?
A bird does not sing because it has an answer.
It sings because it has a song.(Chinese)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Khatru 738,704
AthensDesigns.Co 6 min iwstilo 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min StarC 542,071
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 11 min RFD 3,053
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 23 min Rosa_Winkel 95,438
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min chevyalltheway 259,194
Gay massages Abu Dhabi 31 min shameer sham 10
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Chlo-chan 149
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••