Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#519839 Apr 13, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
ROFL! Right, that's why you're ranting on topix instead of somewhere that matters. You have to be a POE!
What?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#519840 Apr 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>maybe. The Ruach Hakodesh calls atheists fools.
But no, I don't think God will be sad that He could not reach some one. God sees Jesus Christ, God did enough.
You who reject Jesus Christ, will be the one that will be sad, not YHWH God.
Bible verses used to belittle someone? how do you know that person is using the verse to belittle? maybe that Christian believes that verse applies to the discussions at hand.
I would encourage any Christian though that thinks their writing of the bible on the billboard annoys someone, then do it. If the Word annoys them, then that means the Word is hitting their conscience, and that's great.
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
That is what the Word supposed to do. And if someone is annoyed at reading the Word, then the Word is doing its job. Keep annoying them I say.
This Scripture from JOB has more meaning to me and relative to things that happened in my life, than perhaps any other scripture (and your reminded me of it in your posting);

JOB 38:11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?......

It is the Scripture that was on the slab that Silas killed the Nun with in the movie, The DaVinci Code and had an amazing impact on me at the time! Long story, but such is life :)

Fennario

#519841 Apr 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
ROFLMAO. Get a job.
I already did. Now I don't need one ever again.

Didn't you say that you had two jobs? I guess that they don't pay you very much, do they? That's a shame.

Make sure that you get your rest. Monday morning will be here before you know it.

Also, it might be a good idea to look at whatever might have been left on the floor before you lay down and roll in it.

#519842 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The early bird catches the worm.
Yes; I have often seen the magpies out earlier than the other birds, staring at the lawn, looking for movement. Have also watched Mama and Papa Magpie gather up the food and fly off to feed their babies, and watched them toughen them up, teaching them to feed themselves. The magpies have been here since we moved in, and each year there is a new family born, so at times, it appears we have a flock of magpies in our yard, a sight worth seeing.

Give me the strength and wisdom
to face all adversities in life,
no matter how large or trivial.
Though I know You are always with me,
I sometimes forget
when I am wrapped up in a struggle.
The only thing I need is a gentle nudge;
the reminder that You soldier on along side me.
Help me to stop and realize,
You will never let me down.

-Dawn Tanner

http://www.beliefnet.com/Prayables/Prayer-Sto... ***

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#519843 Apr 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I too believe that it should be reserved only for pregnancies that are a direct danger to the mothers life or her health, and those who want to argue in favor of it want to do so because they have no sense of responsibility for not keeping their legs closed to begin, because to them the baby would be an inconvenience,**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
.. yep, the rape victim just couldn't keep her legs closed ..

#519844 Apr 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Many have survived greif without a 'Bible God' and many without a religion and many without belief in a "god" at all.
What works for you does not make it a universal truth.
I didn't say it did G; I just said unless you have experienced things, you will not understand. Like the person who has never had a back ache will not understand the pain that one describes when they are suffering from back pain!! And I am not referring to a Bible God, I am referring to GOD....

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#519845 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's alarming, isn't it?
And it's such a stubborn ignorance, an unwillingness to face reality, a preference for the certainty of their myths.
.. underscored by intellectual dishonesty ..

Fennario

#519846 Apr 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Plagiarism by your own definition.
Yes, it is, Dunce. It's plagiarism by any definition.

Fennario

#519847 Apr 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
You don't know what a parrot is.
You are soooo insane!
Is this your concession, Dunce?

#519848 Apr 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so good to hear a GOD BLESS.
I am not getting yard work done, as I told Lawest--I have winter (snow) in my front yard and Spring (green grass) in my back yard--LOL
GOD Bless us all ~ we are all HIS Children :)

I have never experienced snow, it is too hot or warm down here for snow to last long once it hits the ground, but it does snow on the top of the Adelaide Ranges. It is way too cold (IMO) when that occurs, LOL, and one of my best experiences occurs each year, when the blossom first appears on the trees. We know we will be getting warm weather when that happens..

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#519849 Apr 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yep, the rape victim just couldn't keep her legs closed ..
But the whoring and the promiscuous could have, right?

If you are not ready for the responsibility of raising a child........

Fennario

#519850 Apr 13, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Who are you to define "poor citizen".
I am IANS.
hick-up wrote:
By your own admission you chose to take your ball and leave your country. Now you're a man without a country.
You mean a man with two countries, don't you?
hick-up wrote:
It should also be noted that when you turned your back on your country and her people that you also forfeited your right to critique.
Do you think so? I just might do it anyway.
hick-up wrote:
When I envision you I see a hateful ol bastard in a wheelchair, on the edge of a golf course, looking out over the ocean, and sitting in a pile of his own feces.
LOL. Good call, Nostradamus.

#519851 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's alarming, isn't it?
And it's such a stubborn ignorance, an unwillingness to face reality, a preference for the certainty of their myths.
JOB 38:36 Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#519852 Apr 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay booots, believe what you want. Don't believe anything you don't want too. It is YOUR life.
If Christians are a lesser person by believing in Jesus, why are you hanging around all these lesser people than YOU? If it is that appalling to you?
'A fool says in their Heart, there is no GOD.
So you choose to act simple, or can you not do otherwise? It is not a matter of wanting to or not wanting to. I believe something that I know is true because it has been proved it is true. Things that are considered possibly true, I might have doubts about, and things of which there is no proof whatsoever I may not believe in.

I cannot, however, even though no evidence has ever been shown, believe for sure that no god exists, because that is outside human ability to find. That we so far have found no proof that a god exists is to me somewhat suspicious that a god does not exist, and the fact we know that many stories of gods are myths, and even many stories in the Bible are myths, does tend to make one wonder if gods are not 100% a figment of man's imagination.

I did not say that Christians are a lesser person for believing in Jesus. What I said is that some of the Christians on Topix who most adamantly claim to believe and that they are saved Christians are lesser persons because their actions betray what they say. Their actions do not exhibit the behavior of a follower of Jesus' teachings. That is in reference to specific Christians who have abysmal behavior, not all Christians.

Some of those 'lesser' persons, who claim to be Christians do post on this thread too. I believe these people are all equal human beings, though their behavior is not good, but they are certainly not good Christians based on their own beliefs.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#519853 Apr 13, 2013
Jackson wrote:
Jesus will forgive you for murder,sex crimes,gluttony....most pleasures of the flesh...so if you pray everyday you can do whatever you want...enjoy yourself...bathe in the pleasures....its a loophole.....hey he made the rules not you....just do it!!!
*rubs temples*

That's not how it works...

#519854 Apr 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible condemns itself. We didn't write the scriptures. We're just citing them.
Do you remember making a similar argument in defense of Epi after she cited 1 John 2:22, "Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist"
I told her that she had called all unbelievers liars and the antichrist. You and she both said that she wasn't responsible for the content of bible verses that she selected. LAWEST tried the same stunt.
I'll bet you reject that argument now, don't you. If so, aren't you applying a double standard? Didn't you offer a justification that you knew that you wouldn't accept if offered to you?
JOB 38:25 Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder;

26 To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man;

27 To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth?

28 Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#519855 Apr 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. who told you my middle name ??..
"Jesus Christ, it's a lesbian!"

There's middle name in there somewhere...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#519856 Apr 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in unicorns and spaghetti monsters?
If you don't, then that's simply your faith in the lack of their existence.
See how stupid that sounds? That's what you're saying.
HA HA HA !!!

Ya, that's the same thing...

Look, it's not my fault you doubt your own beliefs.

Fennario

#519857 Apr 13, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
simplyput wrote:
All of you Atheist are so ironic --you are always talking about GOD.
Read it again.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#519858 Apr 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. there is a direct correlation. For thousands of years, homosexuals were only open about their orientation in the privacy of their homes and in gay clubs. Are you advocating Christians go into the closet ??..
<quoted text>
.. my understanding is somewhat different. During the first constitutional convention, the very idea of who would say an opening prayer was in dispute. A Baptist, a Presbyterian? It was only after much negotiation that our forefathers agreed the prayer would be non-denominational, the very idea of a state-sponsored church was rejected and the beginning of a secular government was formed ..
.. if I'm incorrect, please clarify my understanding ..
<quoted text>
.. perhaps but religion is not about to go away in the near future so a peaceful co-existence must be attained. We cannot continue down the path of Muslims declaring Christians infidels or Christians detesting atheists. We both know where that leads ..
<quoted text>
.. since religion is not going to disappear, we must find a way to live peacefully with what we have ..
Wow. Nice. I still love you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 37,141
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Steve III 641,009
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Osmius 969,785
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 44 min Steve III 44,263
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 48 min jasiEL 104,548
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 55 min Ricky F 38,319
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 56 min Clearwater 182,262
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemale 280,845
More from around the web