Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#519831 Apr 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, I know, that's because the spirit working in the world have specifically targeted the Christian faith, so most falsehood's can get away with anything un-approached while we are basically false accused, the death of Margaret Thatcher reminds me of the death of actor/ comedian Bernie Mac several years ago, in as much when he died someone created a topix thread dedicated to him, and it was loaded with the most derogatory, nasty and hate bigoted filled posts that you'll read anywhere, really a sad and sick world that we live in.
Lawest, Clearwater and Trifecta: Our own three stooges.

With apologies to Moe, Curly and Larry.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#519832 Apr 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed here on Abortion 100%, I too believe that it should be reserved only for pregnancies that are a direct danger to the mothers life or her health, and those who want to argue in favor of it want to do so because they have no sense of responsibility for not keeping their legs closed to begin, because to them the baby would be an inconvenience, really sad, and we seem to mirror one another on this 100% as well.
As for gay rights equality.........there is no such thing as it was not meant to be from the beginning and no one is really born that way as well.
Gotcha, Moe.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#519833 Apr 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Free, free, free free indeed! Here we go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OggJ1pIPxUEXX
John 10:1 10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.......

And we are free to follow our Leader :)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#519834 Apr 13, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The "real gospel of Christ", varies though, doesn't it? By denomination, that's as variable as the color "green".
Who gets to claim the real one? You? Another variation?
What happens to the "fake gospels of Christ"?
What if another variation decides you aren't the real one?
<quoted text>
Population survey estimates for Islam in the U.S
2,600,000 (2010) 0.8% of the U.S. population (2010)
(Pew Research Center)
4,700,000 (2005) 1.5% of the U.S. population (Britannica Book of the Year)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_Uni...
That really isn't a concern in the U.S - yet.
It should never become a concern for the USA as long as the USA maintains its separation of church and state policy, and it maintains its military position in the world, so that no Muslim based government attacks, takes over the USA, and then imposes Islamic law. I highly suspect that many of the Muslims who move to the USA (though there are some people in certain ethnic groups there who convert also) do so to get away from abusive Islamic rule, though they don't necessarily leave behind their beliefs when they do so, much as many Christians came to American to get away from abusive Christian regimes, but remained Christians.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#519835 Apr 13, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Brothers and Sisters, notice how atheists choose the passages to condemn the Bible
Your bible condemns itself. We didn't write the scriptures. We're just citing them.

Do you remember making a similar argument in defense of Epi after she cited 1 John 2:22, "Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist"

I told her that she had called all unbelievers liars and the antichrist. You and she both said that she wasn't responsible for the content of bible verses that she selected. LAWEST tried the same stunt.

I'll bet you reject that argument now, don't you. If so, aren't you applying a double standard? Didn't you offer a justification that you knew that you wouldn't accept if offered to you?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#519836 Apr 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's really a chore not to laugh at atheists. Because at the essence of their claim, is simply a lack of rational basic common sense. and lack of common sense, is funny.
Trifecta1, with respect, belief has nothing to do with common sense. Common sense would conclude that something that can't be shown to exist doesn't exist. You are using the wrong words or phrase there. You are equating common sense to indoctrinated dogma. They are not even in the same ballpark.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#519837 Apr 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>GOD gave us laughter, AnnieJ :)
My point was never that we shouldn't laugh.

You are correct...we are blessed with the ability to not only laugh but to shed tears...to feel compassion...empathy...and understanding.

There are times when all of these might be appropriate and other times when they are not.

My point was more along the lines...would God laugh at some of the things that we laugh at...or would he shed a tear?

We laugh at people on here at times...we poke fun...call names...we degrade and denigrate people...all in the name of some weird type of entertainment as Mikey calls it.

If there is this higher power...I wonder...does that higher power see it the same as we do...does he laugh at what we find so appalling...does he cry at what we might think is funny.

Yes...I agree...God gave us laughter...I think that laughter was not meant in order to put others down.

Please notice simplyput...I said we...that is what I meant...we.

Fennario

#519838 Apr 13, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
I noticed Teddy had no complaints about the pyramid on American currency...
Good eye.

Why would I? I don't care about freemasons.

Fennario

#519839 Apr 13, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
ROFL! Right, that's why you're ranting on topix instead of somewhere that matters. You have to be a POE!
What?

#519840 Apr 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>maybe. The Ruach Hakodesh calls atheists fools.
But no, I don't think God will be sad that He could not reach some one. God sees Jesus Christ, God did enough.
You who reject Jesus Christ, will be the one that will be sad, not YHWH God.
Bible verses used to belittle someone? how do you know that person is using the verse to belittle? maybe that Christian believes that verse applies to the discussions at hand.
I would encourage any Christian though that thinks their writing of the bible on the billboard annoys someone, then do it. If the Word annoys them, then that means the Word is hitting their conscience, and that's great.
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
That is what the Word supposed to do. And if someone is annoyed at reading the Word, then the Word is doing its job. Keep annoying them I say.
This Scripture from JOB has more meaning to me and relative to things that happened in my life, than perhaps any other scripture (and your reminded me of it in your posting);

JOB 38:11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?......

It is the Scripture that was on the slab that Silas killed the Nun with in the movie, The DaVinci Code and had an amazing impact on me at the time! Long story, but such is life :)

Fennario

#519841 Apr 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
ROFLMAO. Get a job.
I already did. Now I don't need one ever again.

Didn't you say that you had two jobs? I guess that they don't pay you very much, do they? That's a shame.

Make sure that you get your rest. Monday morning will be here before you know it.

Also, it might be a good idea to look at whatever might have been left on the floor before you lay down and roll in it.

#519842 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The early bird catches the worm.
Yes; I have often seen the magpies out earlier than the other birds, staring at the lawn, looking for movement. Have also watched Mama and Papa Magpie gather up the food and fly off to feed their babies, and watched them toughen them up, teaching them to feed themselves. The magpies have been here since we moved in, and each year there is a new family born, so at times, it appears we have a flock of magpies in our yard, a sight worth seeing.

Give me the strength and wisdom
to face all adversities in life,
no matter how large or trivial.
Though I know You are always with me,
I sometimes forget
when I am wrapped up in a struggle.
The only thing I need is a gentle nudge;
the reminder that You soldier on along side me.
Help me to stop and realize,
You will never let me down.

-Dawn Tanner

http://www.beliefnet.com/Prayables/Prayer-Sto... ***

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#519843 Apr 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I too believe that it should be reserved only for pregnancies that are a direct danger to the mothers life or her health, and those who want to argue in favor of it want to do so because they have no sense of responsibility for not keeping their legs closed to begin, because to them the baby would be an inconvenience,**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
.. yep, the rape victim just couldn't keep her legs closed ..

#519844 Apr 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Many have survived greif without a 'Bible God' and many without a religion and many without belief in a "god" at all.
What works for you does not make it a universal truth.
I didn't say it did G; I just said unless you have experienced things, you will not understand. Like the person who has never had a back ache will not understand the pain that one describes when they are suffering from back pain!! And I am not referring to a Bible God, I am referring to GOD....

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#519845 Apr 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's alarming, isn't it?
And it's such a stubborn ignorance, an unwillingness to face reality, a preference for the certainty of their myths.
.. underscored by intellectual dishonesty ..

Fennario

#519846 Apr 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Plagiarism by your own definition.
Yes, it is, Dunce. It's plagiarism by any definition.

Fennario

#519847 Apr 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
You don't know what a parrot is.
You are soooo insane!
Is this your concession, Dunce?

#519848 Apr 13, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so good to hear a GOD BLESS.
I am not getting yard work done, as I told Lawest--I have winter (snow) in my front yard and Spring (green grass) in my back yard--LOL
GOD Bless us all ~ we are all HIS Children :)

I have never experienced snow, it is too hot or warm down here for snow to last long once it hits the ground, but it does snow on the top of the Adelaide Ranges. It is way too cold (IMO) when that occurs, LOL, and one of my best experiences occurs each year, when the blossom first appears on the trees. We know we will be getting warm weather when that happens..

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#519849 Apr 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yep, the rape victim just couldn't keep her legs closed ..
But the whoring and the promiscuous could have, right?

If you are not ready for the responsibility of raising a child........

Fennario

#519850 Apr 13, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Who are you to define "poor citizen".
I am IANS.
hick-up wrote:
By your own admission you chose to take your ball and leave your country. Now you're a man without a country.
You mean a man with two countries, don't you?
hick-up wrote:
It should also be noted that when you turned your back on your country and her people that you also forfeited your right to critique.
Do you think so? I just might do it anyway.
hick-up wrote:
When I envision you I see a hateful ol bastard in a wheelchair, on the edge of a golf course, looking out over the ocean, and sitting in a pile of his own feces.
LOL. Good call, Nostradamus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 104,284
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Phooey 672,678
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr Gabriel 981,084
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 hr Peter Ross 6,186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web