Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#519679 Apr 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>...that they supposedly don't believe in...iyai!lol..rofl. And they wonder why Christians simply laugh at or shrug at their Criticisms of Christianity, because their claim of atheism is just not believable.
Do you think that God laughs?

If God is how many of you describe him...

I would think that laughter would be the last thing that he did. If he is how he is described by most of you I would think that he would be sad...heart broken that somehow he had not been able to reach someone.

Do you think God laughs at Christians that use scripture to annoy others...uses it as a belittlement to another human being?

John 11:35
Jesus wept.

Excerpt from Barnes notes...

http://bible.cc/john/11-35.htm

Jesus wept - It has been remarked that this is the shortest verse in the Bible; but it is exceedingly important and tender. It shows the Lord Jesus as a friend, a tender friend, and evinces his character as a man. And from this we learn:

1. That the most tender personal friendship is not inconsistent with the most pure religion. Piety binds stronger the ties of friendship, makes more tender the emotions of love, and seals and sanctifies the affections of friends.

4. We have here an instance of the tenderness of the character of Jesus, The same Savior wept over Jerusalem, and felt deeply for poor dying, sinners. To the same tender and compassionate Saviour Christians may now come Hebrews 4:15; and to him the penitent sinner may also come, knowing that he will not cast him away.

Number 4 in Barnes' explanation of John 11:35 - Jesus wept - I think applies to my words above...would God/Jesus laugh?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#519680 Apr 13, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
My intent, if I bash, is to bash the poster for how they respond or how they treat others. I don't direct any posts at God, because God is a non-existent concept for me. I am aware and very knowledgeable about the God concept though, so...
Unfortunately, at the time, I was then in a very loving relationship with another woman, and did not have the desire to give that up (though if I had been alone I would probably have gone back and likely eventually regretted it).
That relationship was very good, right up to the time that my 2nd partner told me she wanted to break up with me, because she wanted to bring a man back into her life, who she worked with during her first of two previous marriages, and who she had secretly always wanted to be with, though had not been with him before except as a workmate and friend.
Due to the events that led up to my break with her, I was not even given even a clue that she might not want to be with me, as we had even discussed fairly recently things that we would do when she retired (she is or was a nurse). She told me that what she had done was not at all to do with me, but was all her doing, and that she cared for me very much but she had to have this other guy, because she saw him as her soul mate.
In hindsight, considering her first two choices of husbands, and how those two relationships ended, I think she personally is not one who stays with men very long.
Strangely enough, though she cheated on me (which I wouldn't call it that, but is commonly what others do) I tried to get her to come back or stay with me, for many months, and made some headway. If I had not happened onto my current wife, and we hit it off quickly, I likely even now would take her back, even though I have not seen her for about 6 years, nor heard from her for 4 or so years (she did send me a couple emails after we broke up).
I still have flashbacks to that woman almost daily. I have not had the same reactions to my first wife.
We 'atheists' cannot prove you are wrong about the existence of a god, but we can prove you wrong about some of the things you claim regarding that god or the stories related to that god, where the proof exists, and it does exist. Also we can have a very strong interest in not accepting bad behavior from believers in the name of their god, when that behavior conflicts with what is currently socially acceptable.

I will attack anyone who is a rabid gay basher.
Then you better get ready to attack me. As long as I can speak I will do so on how the Lord set my wife free. In fact the day may come when our own gov, despite having the 1st amnd. to the U.S. Constitution, may one day go against the very thing everyone in our gov takes an oath to uphold. We are dangerously close right now. I don't really care what Canada or any other nations wants to do inside its borders. Imo as we get closer to the Lord's return to earth we will see a kind of merge with gov bodies and religions. In fact I would bet that most faiths will be ok, even some that claim to be Christian as long as they don't hold true to the word of God. Example: saying that there is only one path to God the father (Jesus) could be called hate speech and end a person in jail. It happens in other nations, I don't doubt it will happen here one day as well. No matter, some of us will speak as long as we can, despite your efforts.

Clearwater, FL

#519681 Apr 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
HAppy Birthday!
Thanks.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#519682 Apr 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. You know we are on very different pages when it comes to our political povs. One thing that has really helped me here is meeting Christians from other nations. I've become close to one from Ireland, another from Venezuela. Also in my old church every year in October they have missions week. Over the years meet people from many parts of the world. Love the fact that while we are all so different Christ made a way that so many the world over say yes to!
Thanks Chris. There were some on this thread and over on the 'BIAH' thread who couldn't understand why I would vote for Obama when I am so much against some of the things that he stands up for like Abortion and Same Sex unions, but as I've said before it is all about the economy which is not where we'll all like it to be but I believe like many was picking up at a moderate pace before the sequestration fiasco a couple of months back.

But frankly, I believe the Presidents stance on these issues are purely for political reasons to garner votes from the people, and may possibly not be anything that he would otherwise stand up for if he wasn't involved in the political process, this is still dishonest I know but that is the nature of the political game as I'm sure you know, I have the understanding as well that some conservatives are very quiet about these issues as well when they discovered that someone near and dear to them in their families have either open or in closet gays in their families as well and so they don't push the envelope on these issues, but a true saint will stand on the Word of God regardless above all else.

Blessings to you my friend and please continue to pray for me.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#519683 Apr 13, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
My intent, if I bash, is to bash the poster for how they respond or how they treat others. I don't direct any posts at God, because God is a non-existent concept for me. I am aware and very knowledgeable about the God concept though, so I am not lost or uncomfortable discussing the topic.
I do get uncomfortable when people, who claim to be believers in Christ, exhibit behaviors that conflict with that claim. That is based on what I understand about the character Jesus Christ and his teachings, according to how I learned them.
Marriages take two people to make them, and two to break them. I stayed in my first marriage for 31 years even though nowadays that marriage likely would have ended in the first year. It was not a terribly bad marriage, nor were either of us bad people. We were just not right to be married to each other.
Fortunately, we produced two exceptional children who survived growing up in a home where the parents did not always get along (something I did not do in my parents' home).
Also after initiating our final breakup, my 1st wife contacted me, and met with me and asked me to go back to her, several months after we had completed our legal separation and division of assets etc., because she had decided she had made a mistake and she did not want to live without me.
Unfortunately, at the time, I was then in a very loving relationship with another woman, and did not have the desire to give that up (though if I had been alone I would probably have gone back and likely eventually regretted it).
That relationship was very good, right up to the time that my 2nd partner told me she wanted to break up with me, because she wanted to bring a man back into her life, who she worked with during her first of two previous marriages, and who she had secretly always wanted to be with, though had not been with him before except as a workmate and friend.
Due to the events that led up to my break with her, I was not even given even a clue that she might not want to be with me, as we had even discussed fairly recently things that we would do when she retired (she is or was a nurse). She told me that what she had done was not at all to do with me, but was all her doing, and that she cared for me very much but she had to have this other guy, because she saw him as her soul mate.
Are you that ignorant that you don't know that when you say 'God does not exist' it is not BASHING God, our Heavenly Father ?

So what is your idea of acting like Christian? to sit back and say nothing when you atheist say vile and cruel things about God?

Christian means standing at the right side of Jesus--standing up for RIGHTEOUS!

I am not interested in your marriage failures, many people have them. Marriage does need GOD in it.

If you don't believe that God exist--you are a fool.
If you don't believe that Satan and evil doesn't exist, when something evil happens , you will Blame GOD. Ironic ??? lol

I am not trying to convince you God exist---why are YOU trying to convince me ( which you never will) that GOD doesn't exist??

You are more or less LYING to yourself , and you seem to believe your LIES.

Atheism is quite the 'Fairytale. You need to wake up to Reality.

Clearwater, FL

#519684 Apr 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I just looked back over the last few pages. All posts that are written by non-Christians have been judged negatively not matter what the content of the post was.
That is all non-Christians except the ones that are attacking another non-Christian.
Think about it people...I will leave it up to the reader to form an opinion about the maturity level of the one judging.
This is where I even agree with Hip. He once posted who cares about the icons. Btw when I posted this morning mine and PW and Epip also got spam ect. Who really cares? Is it going to shut anyone down? Hope not.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519685 Apr 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear Lord, The Book of James (chapter 3) tells me all about the tongue. It's such a little member of the body, but it can do so much harm. We can speak words that bless You and words that curse man who is made in Your image. A few words can uplift, encourage, and do positive things in a person's life and a few words can also put down, discourage, and ruin a person's life. Please forgive me of allowing any words to leave my mouth that would harm others and dishonor You. I pray that my words will be honest and positive; that they will inspire and challenge others to greatness. Show me who You want me to encourage through my words today. Please help me to affirm someone close to me today, that they will be blessed and You will be glorified. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#519686 Apr 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that God laughs?

I would think that laughter would be the last thing that he did. If he is how he is described by most of you I would think that he would be sad...heart broken that somehow he had not been able to reach someone.

Do you think God laughs at Christians that use scripture to annoy others...uses it as a belittlement to another human being?

Jesus wept.

Jesus wept - It has been remarked that this is the shortest verse in the Bible; but it is exceedingly important and tender. It shows the Lord Jesus as a friend, a tender friend, and evinces his character as a man. And from this we learn:

1. That the most tender personal friendship is not inconsistent with the most pure religion. Piety binds stronger the ties of friendship, makes more tender the emotions of love, and seals and sanctifies the affections of friends.

4. We have here an instance of the tenderness of the character of Jesus, The same Savior wept over Jerusalem, and felt deeply for poor dying, sinners. To the same tender and compassionate Saviour Christians may now come Hebrews 4:15; and to him the penitent sinner may also come, knowing that he will not cast him away.

Number 4 in Barnes' explanation of John 11:35 - Jesus wept - I think applies to my words above...would God/Jesus laugh?
No He wouldn't, imo <3

Clearwater, FL

#519687 Apr 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks Chris. There were some on this thread and over on the 'BIAH' thread who couldn't understand why I would vote for Obama when I am so much against some of the things that he stands up for like Abortion and Same Sex unions, but as I've said before it is all about the economy which is not where we'll all like it to be but I believe like many was picking up at a moderate pace before the sequestration fiasco a couple of months back.
But frankly, I believe the Presidents stance on these issues are purely for political reasons to garner votes from the people, and may possibly not be anything that he would otherwise stand up for if he wasn't involved in the political process, this is still dishonest I know but that is the nature of the political game as I'm sure you know, I have the understanding as well that some conservatives are very quiet about these issues as well when they discovered that someone near and dear to them in their families have either open or in closet gays in their families as well and so they don't push the envelope on these issues, but a true saint will stand on the Word of God regardless above all else.
Blessings to you my friend and please continue to pray for me.
Indeed and yes I will keep praying. Power in prayer. Imo Pres. Obama is in need of much prayer as anyone in that position. Really I couldn't disagree more on most of his positions but he is the Pres at this time and as we know all authority comes from God. You are also right, for example I have a sister that isn't Christian (at this time) and we strongly disagree on just about everything. That being said I love her and pray and most times say little as I know by the Holy Spirit she is not ready to hear it. Hope that when she is God puts someone of strong faith in her path to share. He is indeed good. He saved a wretch like me.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519688 Apr 13, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6K1k7n4F_RQXX
Holy Spirit rain down...
>>>>>IRRIRA< <<<<

Thank you for the link sis, it's stalling right now so I'll try again later.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#519689 Apr 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of you say this.
Would you prefer that an atheist not speak of God? Not think of him at all?
You singled out atheist...do you also find it ironic that an agnostic speaks of God?
This is just a thought...
As long as an atheist or an agnostic speaks of God (in any manner) the door is open for belief. It is when an atheist or agnostic no longer speaks of God or thinks of God that door is completely shut.
Do you think that God would prefer an atheist or agnostic to not think of him or speak of him?
On the subject of scripture...
Do you think that God would prefer an atheist or agnostic to not read or quote the Bible?
IMO...no one owns God (if he exists) nor does anyone own the words of the Bible. God and the Bible are not exclusive to any one group of people. Some might value God and the Bible more than others but they do not own either.
At least in my opinion...
God is God to all--but it is hard to have a relationship with God, when you do not believe that He EXIST, or so they say you don't believe He exist (talking about Atheist say this)

If someone was trying to have a relationship with you---but say that they don't believe a word you say, or believe you even exist --it wouldn't be much of a relationship, and I doubt you would want a relationship with them.

God turns His face from a UNSINCERE heart. You can not lie to God.

It is not what I prefer AJ, whether Atheist or agnostics speak of God or not . But when they do and say vile and cruel things about our Heavenly Father, then it becomes a different story. I do not UPHOLD their mouth.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519690 Apr 13, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
In your world, you don't actually do a "thing", you simply believe you've already done it, or have it.
Show me rather than tell me you're blessed, prove it.
Your GOD doesn't exist in your heart, only on your lips.
All of that of course is your assessment coming from a practically mindless brain set on the subject, and while in another post yesterday you eluded to yourself as worthless ( YOUR own assessment of self, not mine ) you now actually elevate yourself on a level of inportance that are not due to anyone save God, when you challenge me to "prove it" to you, unh unh..........not necesary to prove anything top YOU, and your belief or lack thereof in my sincerity is not a requirement for God's Blessings and workings in my life.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519691 Apr 13, 2013
Correction.......TO you....

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519692 Apr 13, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Your medication seems to be working!...sit back and enjoy.
Sadly your isn't, you are still trying to chase your tail.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519693 Apr 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed and yes I will keep praying. Power in prayer. Imo Pres. Obama is in need of much prayer as anyone in that position. Really I couldn't disagree more on most of his positions but he is the Pres at this time and as we know all authority comes from God. You are also right, for example I have a sister that isn't Christian (at this time) and we strongly disagree on just about everything. That being said I love her and pray and most times say little as I know by the Holy Spirit she is not ready to hear it. Hope that when she is God puts someone of strong faith in her path to share. He is indeed good. He saved a wretch like me.
I agree Bro, if God can take someone like the Apostle Paul ( then Saul ) who hated and persecuted the Church on such a high level, then he can definitely take your sister or anyone else and clean them up spiritually.

Thanks and Blessings for the continued prayer support.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#519694 Apr 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I agree and hope with you HFN that God grows all of to be more and more Christ-like, I just believe that at some point you should see some growth in a saints life if you have been around them for any number of years, and he has been this way on topix ever since I have seen him posting, I am not trying to judge him but his behavior for a believer does leave a lot to be desired my friend, a few days ago I left him a post extending an olive branch so to speak and he has never addressed it, possibly he hasn't seen it, but he continue to try to tear open old wounds by constantly throwing in my face and Que's when he's here, about that big thread debate some month ago about 'Once Save, Always Saved', wherein you, Grace Walker, Epi and a few others were in opposite view against myself, Que and Brother Lee Love as well as Skombolis, and we have all put the matter behind us and are posting to one another in Godly love and respect again.
We all more or less know where one another stand on the subject and have moved on, but HE hasn't and he is just as nasty to some believers as he is to those who don't believe, I find it all so more annoying coming from someone like him who profess to believe than I do from Booosts, Ians, G_O_D, Catcher, Happy Lesbo and others. Christ said that there are those who do him lip service but their hearts are far from him, and I just don't believe that he is honest and sincere.
Hope you have a Blessed night my friend.
Hey Lawest,
I agree that it would be nice if he would let it go. I would not like it either. I think some of it is coming from having things/words thrown at him. It can sometimes make you take it out on even those that haven’t been doing it. From discussions here lately both believers and those that don’t believe are getting tired of being attacked. Both sides are doing it. I know that I took my frustrations out on Nora Cal (I think that is the name he used) one time. I had not known him long and didn’t know for sure what he was like. Even though I apologized to him of all the things I have done on topix I regret that the most. I really think he is a nice guy.

Yes we have moved past it. There are no hard feeling here Lawest, we both believe and to me that is the main thing.

Maybe if you scrolled past DR’s posts it would help.

Peace and joy that comes from God,
HFN
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#519695 Apr 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>

Many of you say this.
Did you SINGLE out Christians here??

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519696 Apr 13, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you better get ready to attack me. As long as I can speak I will do so on how the Lord set my wife free. In fact the day may come when our own gov, despite having the 1st amnd. to the U.S. Constitution, may one day go against the very thing everyone in our gov takes an oath to uphold. We are dangerously close right now. I don't really care what Canada or any other nations wants to do inside its borders. Imo as we get closer to the Lord's return to earth we will see a kind of merge with gov bodies and religions. In fact I would bet that most faiths will be ok, even some that claim to be Christian as long as they don't hold true to the word of God. Example: saying that there is only one path to God the father (Jesus) could be called hate speech and end a person in jail. It happens in other nations, I don't doubt it will happen here one day as well. No matter, some of us will speak as long as we can, despite your efforts.
Excellent post Chris.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#519697 Apr 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that God laughs?
Jesus wept.
We Christians are mere humans, and have a tendency to laugh at idiotic things and shrug our shoulders.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519698 Apr 13, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lawest,
I agree that it would be nice if he would let it go. I would not like it either. I think some of it is coming from having things/words thrown at him. It can sometimes make you take it out on even those that haven’t been doing it. From discussions here lately both believers and those that don’t believe are getting tired of being attacked. Both sides are doing it. I know that I took my frustrations out on Nora Cal (I think that is the name he used) one time. I had not known him long and didn’t know for sure what he was like. Even though I apologized to him of all the things I have done on topix I regret that the most. I really think he is a nice guy.
Yes we have moved past it. There are no hard feeling here Lawest, we both believe and to me that is the main thing.
Maybe if you scrolled past DR’s posts it would help.
Peace and joy that comes from God,
HFN
Very astute post HFN, that is why IMHO it is not always wise to post back and forth TOO frequently with someone whose views are too far apart than your own, that's when things can become potentially nasty, I have said before that our former Pastor and Bishop warned us many years ago to be careful about getting too strongly into discussions of Godly conversations with unbelievers because you CAN allow yourself to become upset, and I believe that to be very good advice and he was IN the Lord for so many years of his life.

Hope you are having a Blessed weekend my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 3 min Nohweh 179
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 665,119
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 6 min Unbannable 17
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Unbannable 87,867
Ever notice how MTV promotes interracial dating? (Jun '08) 46 min azari111 2
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Truth-be-Told 446
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 2 hr Enough is enough 42
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web