“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#519499 Apr 12, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>"Well Said",
I can't touch this one with my "bad attitude",..thanks
~~smile~~ I can deal with that Mike.
Your nudge is but a game in a factual internet entertainment site. Otherwise – if this cyber space is non existent – we are both nuts for performing our role!
Take care...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#519500 Apr 12, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I believe to a certain extent. Some things seem true, some stuff sound like rubbish. I try to not come to a definite conclusion about what I may believe until I have gathered all of the facts, opinions, and disinformation that loom and sorted through them. That would really take a lifetime so I really don't see how most individuals can have their minds made up about anything dealing with God, or lack there of. But I can say that I am damn near smack in the middle. I feel that God is real and that the processes of life are the work of His intelligent being but at the same time can agree with the scientific theories that try to explain on a more modern level the way these processes perform their respective duties.
GOD In Deed is a feeling.....

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#519501 Apr 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't have time to answer, because my Spirit Pressure will rip him into ribbons. Then I'll go find Rukia and we'll fight hollows in Wakomundo.
I won't even have to use my Bankai against such a weak opponent.
Alright. may the force be with ya, good luck.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#519502 Apr 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
<snicker>
I think he owes Luci a huge apology.
Won't happen. I'm non existent remember?

#519503 Apr 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah, it is sad for you that you feel sorry for me, but I can't control that. I feel sorry for people who place their faith in things that are unknown, and fight others about that, when, even if they are right, they don't have a single point to justify what they say.
However, I am not here to change anyone's faith, other than to point out falsehoods (that are known falsehoods) they speak, thinking they are true. My reason for perhaps appearing to attack Christians has come about due to very overt bigotry and persecution that was being shown against some posters on some other threads of Topix by people claiming to be God's gift to the world, but their behavior exemplified the very worst sort of human.
I will not tolerate bigotry or persecution of other human beings no matter what the beliefs of the persecutor are.
Sorry too that you feel the need to take out the issues of your past with the people that are just coming in to your life ~ it is not good to drag 'baggage' around with you.... Let it go, Booots, and let tomorrow be always better than yesterday!!

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#519504 Apr 12, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with half a brain knows what they're doing.... it's just an evolved version of an old Babylonian Agenda... just as religious in nature as anything else... funny to watch sometimes but lately it's getting kind of dull...LOL
I refer to the supposedly non religious 'atheist agenda' of course.

#519505 Apr 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure it will benefits the hearts it was intended for. I will also say a prayer for your doctor's visit, be well.
That writer boooots is quite perplexing. Not even [it ain't necessarily so]go so far off the deep end. The boooots writer actually criticize Christians for writings the bible, in an attempt to make the Christians write less bible? He can't be that foolish. I mean he write like he got a little bit of sense, so how can he really misjudge such a request?
A normal person would know if an unbeliever ask a Christian to talk or write less about the bible because it annoy them, they going to do the opposite, talk and write more of the bible. If they keep it up, the christians on here might just do nothing else, but write the bible on the billboard.
Sometimes unbelievers make it too easy to pity them.
Thank you Trifecta1 ~ you are right, asking a Christian to stop Praying and to share Scriptures will have the same effect as a red rag to a bull! But, in saying that, I am enjoying searching for the Prayers :O)

#519506 Apr 12, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Much much more than any much could say when truth is stranger than fiction, and much much much forever much more to life than meets the eye. 0_0
Indeed, PW; In Deed :)

#519507 Apr 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>...just brush them off Jesus Follower, just brush them off.
:) And let us follow our Leader..
Lafdin

Lansdale, PA

#519508 Apr 12, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with half a brain knows what they're doing.... it's just an evolved version of an old Babylonian Agenda... just as religious in nature as anything else... funny to watch sometimes but lately it's getting kind of dull...LOL
A Babble On IAN agenda

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#519509 Apr 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>They must be here for a reason? Surely not just to post never ending pointless postings about not having faith..... that makes no sense at all :)
The workday doesn’t start when you walk into the office, it starts when you wake up. Start by thanking God for the job you have and pray Colossian 3:23,“Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.”
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Prayer/2010/0... ***
It's starting to look like an obsession... maybe they can't stop thinking about God.

Romans 8:35-39

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,“For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#519510 Apr 12, 2013
Lafdin wrote:
<quoted text>
A Babble On IAN agenda
ROFL

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#519511 Apr 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since you said they are facing you but haven't happened, or been dealt with, yet, I guess we won't know how they go until that happens. However, whatever happens will be 100% explainable by rational logical natural explanations which will not require the intercession of God or a god.
Do you really think that if God did exist that he is taking care of you personally through every life situation you encounter? If that is the case what would be the purpose of your learning anything, or working towards anything, because God will take care of you in every situation anyway.
I am being 100% facetious here because I do not believe what you are saying though for some strange reason, I do believe that you believe it to be true. I even find that a bit scary, because it seems to me to be a little bit a case of a person losing it when they think that God is in control of all life's trials and ordeals.
You however avoided my hypothetical question regarding how you would deal with the discovery, if such were possible, that no gods exist or ever existed.
Would you have any personal resources to keep you going through the rest of your life, or would you be so knocked off your feet that you would not recover?
You are doing nothing more but rehashing the same babbling over and over, how can you know what God has or has not done for anyone else based off of your own lack of knowledge and experience, if he haven't ever interceded in your life, then the answer is so very obvious in your case because you have no faith to believe in him, and I guess that is impossible for you since you do not believe that he even exists, so it comes as no surprise that you cannot believe anything that I have been saying to you, God is in control of my life and your lack of believing that has no baring as it pertains to me or any other believer personally, your lack of belief affects you and you only.

As for your hypothetical question, I do not entertain the "possibility" that God does not exist nor am I concerned with any "gods" but only the one true creator of heaven and earth, my spirit bare witness too strongly for many years to know better than to do that, such ideas and thoughts are not faith based and are not edifying to the soul, plus the Bible warns us not to give play to such foolish and vain questions that gender strife and no edification, that is my answer to you to you, and I could ask you the REVERSE.

And as for the idea of "being knocked off my feet that I would not recover"..........since you don't believe I'm sure that you are best qualified to answer that question for us all.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519512 Apr 12, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I believe to a certain extent. Some things seem true, some stuff sound like rubbish. I try to not come to a definite conclusion about what I may believe until I have gathered all of the facts, opinions, and disinformation that loom and sorted through them. That would really take a lifetime so I really don't see how most individuals can have their minds made up about anything dealing with God, or lack there of. But I can say that I am damn near smack in the middle. I feel that God is real and that the processes of life are the work of His intelligent being but at the same time can agree with the scientific theories that try to explain on a more modern level the way these processes perform their respective duties.
I understand what you are saying, you are basically caught between belief and perhaps mild agnostism maybe?.........if you have a feeling that God is real than that in itself is a step in the right direction. I hope that he continues to work with your heart.

Peace.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519514 Apr 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I was through this with someone else, or maybe you, already today and have posted some examples many times before on Topix. I am going to endeavor to not agree to do that any more because I know that the things which I would state are known to you anyway, as they are long time public knowledge, but I also know that some believers still reject the proof, because they place faith in the inerrancy of the Bible ahead of actual facts.
It becomes a baiting game here and I am not going to play that any longer, because I have done it hundreds of times for nearly 3 years.
But on the contrary Boosts you have already been playing games here when you continue to push this circular looped debate about God's existence, as I may have said before, my problem with you and others is not that you do not believe, but that you come in here and practically call myself and other believers in around about way liars when we testify of God's power and workings in our lives, and all because your unbelief has kept you from experiencing likewise, to me that is the height of arrogance and foolishness, and it suggests an ego so large that you believe the entire universe revolves sorely around yourself.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519515 Apr 12, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe my friend but one thing I have noticed is that he believes. May God grow all of us to be more like Jesus.
I agree and hope with you HFN that God grows all of to be more and more Christ-like, I just believe that at some point you should see some growth in a saints life if you have been around them for any number of years, and he has been this way on topix ever since I have seen him posting, I am not trying to judge him but his behavior for a believer does leave a lot to be desired my friend, a few days ago I left him a post extending an olive branch so to speak and he has never addressed it, possibly he hasn't seen it, but he continue to try to tear open old wounds by constantly throwing in my face and Que's when he's here, about that big thread debate some month ago about 'Once Save, Always Saved', wherein you, Grace Walker, Epi and a few others were in opposite view against myself, Que and Brother Lee Love as well as Skombolis, and we have all put the matter behind us and are posting to one another in Godly love and respect again.

We all more or less know where one another stand on the subject and have moved on, but HE hasn't and he is just as nasty to some believers as he is to those who don't believe, I find it all so more annoying coming from someone like him who profess to believe than I do from Booosts, Ians, G_O_D, Catcher, Happy Lesbo and others. Christ said that there are those who do him lip service but their hearts are far from him, and I just don't believe that he is honest and sincere.

Hope you have a Blessed night my friend.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#519516 Apr 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Though I use US currency only in the USA or in Barbados, or when I happen to have a US coin in my pocket in Canada, and it is accepted as Canadian or no one notices what it is, it really matters to me what is on the currency as long as I have the currency when I need it. Nowadays my actually handling currency is a rarity because I tend to do most of my purchases and banking with cards. Perhaps a habit I adopted having worked for several years with two major banks.
Other than something that is stamped on the money, what is on it really has no value to me in any way. If some feel it is something worth fighting about, that is their stuff, but I think we have lots of better places to fight discrimination than worrying about what is printed on coins and paper money.
If you asked me to describe a Canadian $1,$5, or $100 bill I would probably draw a blank. I just know how to tell by the number on it, when I take if from my pocket, what it is worth, or more truthfully what gold reserves it represents (I don't completely understand that idea either).
I almost never see or use American currency any more, and I still want their ju-ju off of it. "In God We Trust" sends a message that I don't approve of. It's not only exclusionary, it's embarrassing, even when you're not looking at it:

"So, if you are a religious person, and if you're thinking of demanding more respect for your beliefs, please try to bear in mind that you and your religion are already getting way more respect than you’ve have ever deserved. Your faith is a joke. Your god is a joke. He's so absurd he's an embarrassment even to people who don't believe in him." - Pat Condell.

Fennario

#519517 Apr 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
So you keep thinking homosexual marriages is a done deal all over the world. You just may be in for a rude awakening.
Gay marriage will be legal in most or all of America soon, just like pot. Your god is apparently as powerless to stop that as it was to prevent being expelled from grade schools.

And I doubt that anything could wake you up. The worse things get for your church, the more you consider it a sign that your god exists, since your bible contains amazing prophecies that an exclusionary, divisive, cult will be openly despised.

By the way, that's a great example of confirmation bias right there. Christianity is growing in parts of the world where people are least educated and most unfamiliar with it, and it is doing the opposite in the West where it is well known and literacy rates are higher. Both of those become confirmation to you that your god exists.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519518 Apr 12, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I agree and hope with you HFN that God grows all of to be more and more Christ-like, I just believe that at some point you should see some growth in a saints life if you have been around them for any number of years, and he has been this way on topix ever since I have seen him posting, I am not trying to judge him but his behavior for a believer does leave a lot to be desired my friend, a few days ago I left him a post extending an olive branch so to speak and he has never addressed it, possibly he hasn't seen it, but he continue to try to tear open old wounds by constantly throwing in my face and Que's when he's here, about that big thread debate some month ago about 'Once Save, Always Saved', wherein you, Grace Walker, Epi and a few others were in opposite view against myself, Que and Brother Lee Love as well as Skombolis, and we have all put the matter behind us and are posting to one another in Godly love and respect again.
We all more or less know where one another stand on the subject and have moved on, but HE hasn't and he is just as nasty to some believers as he is to those who don't believe, I find it all so more annoying coming from someone like him who profess to believe than I do from Booosts, Ians, G_O_D, Catcher, Happy Lesbo and others. Christ said that there are those who do him lip service but their hearts are far from him, and I just don't believe that he is honest and sincere.
Hope you have a Blessed night my friend.
MONTH(S) ago.......

Fennario

#519519 Apr 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
There are some who say atheists are mentally ill.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
@ Hick-up: there's your divisive and adversarial mindset right there. Please give Trifecta the lecture that you just gave me about being compelled to separate people into groups
trifecta1 wrote:
Why did that line about atheists being mentally ill strike you so personal?
It didn't.

Why did my comment to Hick-up drive you to distraction? If you find yourself continuing to obsess over it, consider a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor.

==========

BTW, it's "personally," not "personal." The reason is that the word modifies the verb "strike," making it an adverb. Although there are many exceptions, a huge number of English adverbs end with the suffix "-ly." Perhaps these Tom Swifites will help. They each end in an adverb:

"I gave the donkey some vinegar," said Tom acidly.
"Fire!" yelled Tom alarmingly.
"It's a unit of electric current," said Tom amply.
"My investments are worth more every day," said Tom appreciatively.
"It's between my sole and my heel," said Tom archly.
"You have the right to remain silent," said Tom arrestingly.
"This boat is leaking," said Tom balefully.
"" said Tom blankly.
"I fought with Geronimo," said Tom bravely.
"I presented my case to the judge," Tom said briefly.

Now you are equipped to consider Apple's advertising slogan "Think different," and fix it for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Aerobatty 118,806
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 15 min Tony 6,259
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 15 min Drumpf Disaster 2,293
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min Catholic Buster 678,795
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr worthless crap 33,214
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr worthless crap 46,210
News Trump calls special counsel Russia probe 'great... 1 hr AWOL EYES 5
More from around the web