Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#519313 Apr 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. there is a direct correlation. For thousands of years, homosexuals were only open about their orientation in the privacy of their homes and in gay clubs. Are you advocating Christians go into the closet ??..
<quoted text>
.. my understanding is somewhat different. During the first constitutional convention, the very idea of who would say an opening prayer was in dispute. A Baptist, a Presbyterian? It was only after much negotiation that our forefathers agreed the prayer would be non-denominational, the very idea of a state-sponsored church was rejected and the beginning of a secular government was formed ..
.. if I'm incorrect, please clarify my understanding ..
<quoted text>
.. perhaps but religion is not about to go away in the near future so a peaceful co-existence must be attained. We cannot continue down the path of Muslims declaring Christians infidels or Christians detesting atheists. We both know where that leads ..
<quoted text>
.. since religion is not going to disappear, we must find a way to live peacefully with what we have ..
Peace ~ what a grand day when we will all experience that together :)

#519314 Apr 12, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
And he shewed me a a pure river of water of life clear as crystal proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
In the midst of the street of it and either side of the river was there the tree of life which bare twelve manners of fruit and yeilded her fruit every month and the leaves of the tree were for healing of the nations.
And there shall be no more curses:but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it and his servants shall serve Him.
And they shall see his face and his name shall be in their foreheads.
And there shall be no night there and they need no candle neither light of the sun;for the Lord God's giveth them light and they shall reign for ever and ever.
Revelations 22:1-5
The New Jerusalem....

#519315 Apr 12, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Behold I stand at the door and knock if any man hear my voice and open the door I will come in to him and will sup with him and he with me.
Revelation 3:20
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne even as I also overcame and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Revelations 3:21
My doors are open :)

#519316 Apr 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the practice of law, there's a saying:
If the facts are on your side, pound the facts.
If the law is on your side, pound the law.
If neither the facts nor the law are on your side, pound the table.
Posting verses is the Christians' equivalent of pounding the table.
Matthew 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;

3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;

4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

#519317 Apr 12, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Just opening the doors of scriptures to share.Tis up to us
to post scripture keeping God before the whole world.Giving all the glory to God.God bless.
Matthew 10:12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.

13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

#519318 Apr 12, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
These verses are so precious!
Psalm 85:10-12
Love and faithfulness meet together;
righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven.
The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest.
Psalm 118:27-29
The Lord is our God, and He has made His light shine on us..
You are my God and I will praise You;
You are my God and I will exalt You.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good.
His love endures forever.
+++
Amen <3
Amen :)

#519319 Apr 12, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks,
Thought I'd ask!
You, like many others on this thread that profess belief in the GOD concept, are so,"matter of fact" as to your expression on this thread as if a GOD sent you here with a purpose of fact not belief, rather than choice. As fact, would you say something other than entertainment is being accomplished here as a result of believing in a GOD?
I know this is an entertainment site as fact, as fact, can you point out something otherwise?
Are you being entertained Mike? Just thought I'd ask seeing as you have been hanging around for some time now ~ almost an oldie LOL...

Lord, sometimes when I look in the mirror I’m not too happy with what I see. Please let me see me the way you made me, beautiful and perfect just as I am. Help me to hold this image in my mind and heart as I follow my life’s path. Allow others to witness your light shining through me as I walk with confidence, grace and a smile on my face. Amen.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Prayer/2010/0... ***

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#519320 Apr 12, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am at home with that part of life...maybe that is why some people think I have a "chip" loose! lol
I know and understand the science behind the tree losing its leaves in the fall...I much prefer to see them as a bearing of their soul...a overcommitment to bring forth new life. It is that nakedness against the moonlit sky that captivates me. Not how it got to be that way...just that it is.
I will leave that mumbo jumbo to others.
I have never asked for proof that God does or doesn't exist. I think that is part of the mystery left for man to muse about. I like the idea that thousands of years ago...a shepherd...a storyteller...that woman beside the well...pondered the existence of a higher power. Yet here we are centuries later still pondering those same ideas. No closer to an answer than they were.
I know "G"...I am strange...I am okay with that. I like myself a whole lot better once that I admitted that.
I love strange people...
Makes sense to me. <smile>
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#519321 Apr 12, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but I dont have to like it..........
Alot of these folks here are good people, and i consider many of them friends..........If I feel there being treated unfairly, as always, I'll speak up..........
Congratulations on your promotion..........
Thank you Rider.

I think you know that I consider you a friend.

Oh and you throw a great party with a great band.:)
HFN

#519322 Apr 12, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Unstable for sure, and what a SAD, SAD picture!
Yes ~ I never thought to thank my parents for sending me to Sunday School; but they are with me often in thought and in mind these days, even if they are not here in body, and perhaps they know now that I appreciate much more than I knew at the time.

#519324 Apr 12, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
'In the beginning GOD created the Heavens and the EARTH.
You cannot ever prove that GOD didn't CREATE ALL and you can NEVER prove that GOD doesn't exist.
By FAITH we have this PROOF.
'But without FAITH it is impossible to please HIM, for he who comes to GOD must believe that He is a rewarder of those who DILIGENTLY , SEEK Him.
With GOD, ALL things are possible.
Have written this many times and indeed it makes much sense;

For those who do not know GOD, no explanation is possible and for those of us who know GOD, no explanation is necessary...

Not sure who wrote the original words, so can't give them any credit, but they are clever words indeed :)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#519325 Apr 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>~~~grin~~~ I wonder if [it aint necessarily so] knows whatever fun he has at the expense of Christians, we have just as much fun at his expense.
someone needs to tell him.
Wouldn’t do any good. His ego would not let him even consider the idea.

I’m thinking that when he was a kid he was either being a ham or throwing a fit. LOL

#519326 Apr 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I never claimed you tried to hide your unbelief. I'm saying your unbelief, is yours. And your unbelief, has nothing to do with a Christian's belief that through the Spirit of Jesus Christ one can have access to YHWH Almighty God.
The muslim feels the same way about his religion too. Difference is if you refuse the muslim religion, he might kill you. The Christian brushes you off, and walks away.
LOL... brushes the dust from the shoes :0

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#519327 Apr 12, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT SHE WRITE,
It doesn't mean that this is the truth
this lustig and hungry sexualy women is ready in thoughts and body to leave her sick husband
her rants on the web sexual pages are loud sound that this person iss Liar,lustig, and without of high spiritual moral values
sorry
my vast research and experience exclude any LIES about her,and many around vicious immoral sick perverts and cheap atheists denying their own Maker
those immoral crimes,Lies, and insulting Gods Law come to an end,very very soon?
just being child of God, this child of God,not suppose to kiss children of darkness and moral depravation seating by the devil table,and eating own daily abominable vomits
Well well well dr shink... first post for a woman with a dying husband and you jump out to greet me for the 1st time in days / weeks with a shout.
Greetings to you too.

Where-ever any of you visit is not my interest, and if I want to remember... I will. If it is your job to research every poster in topix, that's your concern.
I'm just saying...
... I care.

God Bless you too and remember - if you want to say boo to me - I understand a friendly hello also.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#519328 Apr 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no atheist belief system.....
Sure there is. You believe there is no God.

Anyway, you are a proven liar so whatever you write is worthless.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#519329 Apr 12, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
very glad to hear that she's fine! thank you!
YW.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#519331 Apr 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>GOD's Blessings to you also Lil Whispers;
Father, this world sometimes bewilders me and is beyond my understanding. I see poverty and disease, storms and earthquakes, war and killing. Many hearts are bound by ego and fear. Please strengthen my faith in your higher purpose and open my mind to the truth that everything is unfolding according to your divine plan. Let compassion and love for my brothers and sisters flow from me and may we all be uplifted by your glory. AMEN.
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Prayer/2010/0... ***
Thank you I like the one Ultimate Source of strength the best.
Psalms 121.God bless.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#519332 Apr 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
The early bird catches the worm.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#519333 Apr 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>??
You ever hear the parable of when a stone is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that screams is the one that got hit?
Why did that line about atheists being mentally ill strike you so personal?
Are you mentally ill? You sure write like it. Get some help. In fact there is a Shrink on the billboard...Dr Shrink..you have a patient. Be gentle..lol.
Ever hear the parable "You'll never hear the effing shot"?

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#519334 Apr 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 10:12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.
13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 A penny saved is a penny earned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 15 min Neville Thompson 969
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Neville Thompson 284,600
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min bad bob 184,765
The Future of Politics in America 49 min Johnny 267
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 55 min Sad Days in America 26
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr truth 88,267
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr truth 603
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 hr Seentheotherside 179
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Aussie Kev 977,403
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Seentheotherside 665,402
More from around the web