“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#519245 Apr 12, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a dork. I'm a nerd.
;-P
Note made ...but I wasn't referring to you.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#519246 Apr 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the irony.
{aint] no irony. There is strong evidence that some of the most famous standard bearers for atheism, were mentally ill people.
http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Atheism-is-a-m...

Is there s flashback to your childhood where you can relate?

Lets discuss it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#519247 Apr 12, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
All these trolls on here that don't want to read scriptures, reminds me of children, saying --'your not playing the games I want to play, just what you aduts want to play!''thats not fair'!-- lol
Have you been reading the scriptures that I have posted? What do you think? Was that fair? Christians usually hate it when we do that. I was recently admonished not to do so - by you!

"If you don't believe in the Bible , don't use it's words to PROOVE anything for yourself or any of US! You have to rely on your OWN intelligence--(?????) don't use the Christian Bible to back up your Atheist belief ... stick with what you actually believe beacuse that makes you a LIAR."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Fennario

#519248 Apr 12, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
Why shouldn't Jesus love you?
According to Christianity, he has no reason to love us.

Hating us would be his choice, too, and a perfectly moral one if he chose it. He can do whatever he wants, because nobody can stop him, which makes him right. He doesn't need to be kind, loving or rational.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#519249 Apr 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet that I post more bible verses than you do. Here are two from an hour ago:
Here are six from yesterday:
Here are two from the day before:
And four more from the day before that:
Compared to me, you're a piker at posting scripture.
iyai!, well good.

Now tell booooooooooooooots writer, to relax and stop complaining about the bible verses. Even you realize it's a losing battle.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#519250 Apr 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for reading up on Francis Collins; all I can really say is that I am sorry for you that you have lost your Faith. There is no way I can even imagine what it must feel like, not to have Faith, so perhaps there is no way that you can understand what Faith is and why I have it.
Where as I have read much into Francis Collins, and way more than you can find on Wikipedia, you have already more or less pooh poohed him out of the subject because you have not heard of him.
We only find that which we seek, Boooots, and until you seek more than you are finding now, you are in a rut, one which perhaps is not even as stable as stalemate. You are a Spiritual Being having a Human Experience, and you are here because someone, somewhere loved you. Your DNA is filled with the hope of your Ancestors, and one day, you may understand or comprehend the messages that they will be trying to portray to you.
Whether it be a song on the radio that you were expecting, or knowing the outcome of something before it happens, there will be something. Some people call them amazing coincidences, and call it a small world, but things are simply because they should be.
A Prayer for Resting in God's Love
Father God, I come into your presence so aware of my human frailty and yet overwhelmed by your love for me. I thank you that there is no human experience that I might walk through where your love cannot reach me. If I climb the highest mountain you are there and yet if I find myself in the darkest valley of my life, you are there. Teach me today to love you more. Help me to rest in that love that asks nothing more than the simple trusting heart of a child. In Jesus name, Amen
http://www.beliefnet.com/Prayers/Christian/Gu... #***
Serah, I am happy for you that you feel that way, and that you are okay with it. However, do not feel any sympathy for me, as I am quite clear about what I think at the present time, and am also very aware of what you are saying and also what you think you are saying, and I have the background to understand why and how, etc., that you say those things.

I am still a non-believer and am not in the least concerned about that, except, and to be fair, I have to say that I know that my mother is a very ardent believer and I know that she loses sleep over her family who are not following in the family tradition, and no doubt she is worried that I will not be with her in Heaven, as she has expressed to me several times her concern about other family members who have died when they were not at peace with God, etc., etc.

That upsets me only because I have a great deal of love and respect for my mother, and it troubles me that something that I do or don't do is something that might be making her daily life a bit more difficult. For that reason I do not deliberately discuss the subject with her, but I am certainly not going to start believing just because my mother wishes it. I probably have done much of what I did in my early life, because my mother wished it, and some of those things have been detrimental to me, though I don't blame my mother for that because she was a much better mother than any other woman, that I know, was to their children.

She comes from a very trusting believing family, and she will not change her views, nor will I ever want her to. My mother' sister is a ordained minister and my mother even thinks her sister is too liberal in some of her views.

Fennario

#519251 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Good morning ....
Ians, if I may call you that ...
Have you ever considered a hooker? You know, a prostitute ...to maybe aid you in alleviating some of your frustrations.
Or perhaps just a good ol fashioned juice fast.
Is this the level of debate that you were offering me? You feigned interest in the dispute Dim and I had. I compiled several useful links for you at your request. And this is your reply?
Is that correct? Did you change what was essentially 'consider that your Christian opinions would be more welcome in a place for just Christians' to 'you have no right to post an opinion on this thread'?

I should tell you that this has been a running theme in this thread for as long as I've been here: somebody misunderstanding or misrepresenting another poster, and then calling that poster a liar for not agreeing with that mistake. That is exactly what the Dimwit did repeatedly.

Do you still say that I lied here?

< crickets >

I guess that your standards will be the same as Dim's then. You call me a liar without cause, I answer the allegation, and this is where you go with it.

You've established the parameters for any future discussion. You needn't bother feigning interest, rigor or impartiality any longer.

I really didn't expect this so quickly from you. I was hoping for more substance.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#519252 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you for that.
@ Hick-up: there's your divisive and adversarial mindset right there. Please give Trifecta the lecture that you just gave me about being compelled to separate people into groups and valuing people individually. Let me help you. Here's what you thought I needed to read :
Hick-up wrote: "What is this need you have ...you v. we, us v. them ...why are you compelled to separate people into groups?... When in the world and you look upon someone, do you immediately begin to assess the individuals worth or value to the whole of the human species? I ask because you appear to fixate on categorization. It's as if you don't see individuals ...you see specimens. To you the macro is a scary ordeal."
1) I'll choose my own battles thank you.
2) I prefer to duel with someone that could possibly win.

Fennario

#519253 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
What GOV folks do, they do for their benefit ...makes no difference if or where I lend my support. When Gov people added God to money they had an agenda. When they remove it, again it will be to their benefit.
You wouldn't think like that if you lived in a democracy.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#519254 Apr 12, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 519047
<quoted text>
Is this the level of debate that you were offering me? You feigned interest in the dispute Dim and I had. I compiled several useful links for you at your request. And this is your reply?
<quoted text>
< crickets >
I guess that your standards will be the same as Dim's then. You call me a liar without cause, I answer the allegation, and this is where you go with it.
You've established the parameters for any future discussion. You needn't bother feigning interest, rigor or impartiality any longer.
I really didn't expect this so quickly from you. I was hoping for more substance.
Your ol tired butt needs to get caught up ...you're beginning to look rather silly.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#519255 Apr 12, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Epi.
"Human beings are human beings. They say what they want, don't they? They used to say it across the fence while they were hanging wash. Now they just say it on the Internet."
~Dennis Miller
Hi "Go ask Alice"......:-)

That is very true......My Grandaughter is not a teenager now..She turned 20 yesterday. As I was talking to her she was watching something about popping a zit on the internet. She said "Ewwww...Thats Gross"....I said "Well, quit watching it"....She is into the Role playing sites...Things are really different now compared to when I was her age.

Fennario

#519257 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
You are correct ...BORING ...
I was satisfied with the reply you gave yesterday.
moving along ...
No, you weren't satisfied with that reply. You asked me for links. you wrote, "You have the opportunity to show me where you were ill treated. I wait."

Should I call you a liar now? Nah. Who cares?

In what sense are you different from a troll? How is this not pure trollery of the teenage variety?

Can anybody explain this poster's behavior in any manner other than trollery?

In any event, you've been promoted. You now have a title like Dim and Derp. Thread ... meet Doof. Everybody please say hello to Doof.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#519258 Apr 12, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WRONG
scientificaly Coma
doesn,t cause any body or brain damage, rather prevent by rebenerative perfect ALLOWD BY gOD BRAIN SLEEP(COMA) to regenerate damage or completly brain degeneration ,death,or horible damage for the brain cells
many people sleeping in Coma,for years wake up normaly functioanly healthy and full aware of earthly life
GODS DOESN'T CAUSE DAMAGE BRAIN BY ALLOWING COMA TO THE SICK CLIENT IN COMA
Only injected drugs and meds during COMA time,can make damage of normal coma sleep brain function
YOUR FAITH IN GOD IS ONLY LOUD MOUTH,AND HIPOCRIZY PRETENDING HOW HOLY YOU ARE,
BUT YOU DON'T TRUST 100% IN THE POWER OF PERFECT DOCTOR-GOD ALONE?
Have a great day Doc.....:-)

Fennario

#519259 Apr 12, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
ROFLMCAOLOL!!!!!!
*my coffee just came out nose*
That wasn't your nose. And it wasn't coffee.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#519262 Apr 12, 2013
@ Juice
<quoted text>
The very next thing I read after posting the above was this from hick-up to LAWEST:
"Gee Lawest ... Okay you're right, Cheriann isn't new ...but how could HL know that? It's not so much what you say, but how you say it that is one of their chief complaints ...I think. I understand you don't agree with HL's lifestyle ...I'm not wild about it myself ...But that's not my sword to wield. Regardless, she is a human being first ...and should be treated as such."
I assume that LAWEST has been schooled in the bible for years, perhaps decades. You can see the type of "love" that he has learned. He's dong exactly what his bible and preachers do with his homophobia, and he would tell you that it is love.
This is why the mere occurrence of the words "love one another" in a book does not mean that either the book or the church administering it are teaching love.
Back in the first 10 or so years of my first marriage when I still lived on the dairy farm, my wife and I befriended another couple about our age. He was the minister of our denomination of Christianity, but preached in a neighboring charge rather than in ours, but due to the lack of couples their age, and also partly so they could have some private life outside the view of their own congregation they liked to visit with us.

People in that area in that denomination were generally anti drinking (my family especially) and I was until I was 24 and married for 2 years also, but this couple liked the occasional social drink, so we would meet and play euchre and drink wine periodically at our home usually or sometimes at theirs. They also participated in a couples' group that my wife and I had helped organize in the surrounding area.

He had a saying "Some people are so heavenly bent, that they are no earthly good" which he mentioned one time when the subject of religion and Christianity came up (at that time I was very active in my congregation also). What that was in reference to was the people who spout Bible verses and condemn everyone who doesn't believe as they do, but really do nothing positive in the world to make the lives of other people better, etc.[Actually I just googled that amd found that it was written by Oliver Wendell Holmes and is actually, "Some people are so heavenly minded that they are no earthly good".]

I find that could be the way to describe people who seem more interested in mutual masturbating each other about the Bible and their love of God on these threads while condemning anyone who disagrees with them or who has no belief in a deity, or is gay.

This couple might have wore their Christianity and it may have showed in how they lived their lives, and of course when he preached, but they did not fill every meeting of friends with Bible verses, and give and take quotes from the Bible. In fact, though it was many years ago, I don't recall their ever proselytizing, other than the four of us started a foursome support group, based on some church related encounter program, which we did together for a while, in addition to our social evenings together.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#519264 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not a piece of shit, or a lowly creature, and your life isn't worthless. They're aren't enough characters remaining for me to remind you of the number of times you have caused me a smile, laugh, wrinkled forehead, etc. I remember the fun we once had; bent halo, broken wing, and your ol fallen down bench. I also remember some arguments & hurt feelings ...these only allow me to appreciate even more the better.
I've often wanted to ask about your little great grandson in Atlanta. Please forgive me for forgetting his name. Have you spoken to him? I wonder if he is clean and fed. Or has his mother once again pulled the rug out from under the progress that was being made on his behalf and for his betterment.
I remember our telephone conversations and how annoyed you'd get when I woke you in the wee hours. I remember your Kentucky accent and I fondly remember your laugh. I also remember when you spoke of the things that troubled you ...a broken heart and a woman's cry.
When I look back Annie I see the blessings and enrichment that knowing you has brought to me. You are a treasure that I surely will never be able to repay.
She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
H
Thank you for your kind words. I dare say that there are a few here that would disagree with you. I say...oh well...

I often think of the kids that I worked with for several years. One day they were tremendously bad...I mean...really bad. They turned to name-calling...something that I just am so opposed to.

In my desperation to get them under control I did this exercise in trying to find something that they liked about each other. We went around the room...each child having to say one thing that they liked in their worst enemy. At first they protested...but I persisted.

Strange thing...by the time we were finished new friendships had formed. Hard to hate someone when you are looking for the good in them. Hard to fight with them when they just told you that they liked your hair or your dress...the color of your eyes.

I just thought that trying to teach them to respect each other was an impossible task...in retrospect...easier to teach them than it is for adults to respect each other.

I think that I am sad. I don't do well with all of this "hatred". No matter what one wants to call it...it sounds like "hatred"...at least to me.

I do so miss Micah...he could always inspire me to look within myself for those stories. It is very hard to get inspired while being called...evil...angel of darkness...wicked...etc etc.

I will get over this sadness...I always do. Perhaps I will write...

Yesterday I watched a homeless man and woman sit beside of a building across the street. I wondered how it felt to have no where to go...no where to call home.

I think what bothered me the most about that couple...there are those that would call them bums...degenerates...worthless ...etc etc. They would call them those words and yet know nothing about them.

We are human beings...it is what we have in common...all of the rest of it is only a part of who each one of us are.

Anyway...thanks for letting me rant for a few minutes...I really got to get my work done!

Fennario

#519265 Apr 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
what evidence do you think you have that deities don't exist.[
Again? Why bother answering this over and over and over and over again? Really. Why bother? Short answer: that's not my claim, and it's not the question that needs to be answered.
G_O_D wrote:
Actually, it IS your claim. You claim as fact that God does not exist.
You too?

We waste so much time with this garbling problem. How many of you are unable to read an idea and reproduce it without changing it in significant ways?

Are you really unable to see the difference between what I wrote, and your version of it? Let me help you: I am an agnostic atheist, meaning that while I don't accept any god claims, I cannot and do not pronounce gods as being either nonexistent or logically impossible or contingently. And I can prove that the Christian god doesn't exist.

Thus, I do NOT claim that "deities don't exist" as I stated, but I do say that Jehovah-Jesus doesn't. I have never commented on your god, which appears to be different from Jehovah-Jesus

Now try again. According to this post, what do I claim and what do I not claim about gods?

Fennario

#519266 Apr 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for demonstrating that your literacy skills are abysmal or that you are a blatant liar.
Those were your literacy skills that were just revealed to be defective.
G_O_D wrote:
Please show the post where LeLe wrote "I never accused you of being overly intelligent"
If it exists, you'll have to show me.
G_O_D wrote:
So are you a moron or a liar ?
People like you and Hick-up might not believe in the godhood of Jesus, but you both function as Christians in these discussions in the sense that you both borrow heavily from their playbook. It's pretty uninspiring.

By the way, here's a friendly tip: your mood and personality cycle all over the place. Ask your doctor about a mood stabilizer. Read this first: http://bipolar.about.com/od/moodstabilizers/a...

Fennario

#519268 Apr 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
You just lied about me quoting LELE. That proves you are a liar, a moron or insane. I am now going with liar as most probable.
I lied about you quoting Le_Le? I doubt it.

I'm going with insane. You are just confabulating now.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#519269 Apr 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in the first 10 or so years of my first marriage when I still lived on the dairy farm, my wife and I befriended another couple about our age. He was the minister of our denomination of Christianity, but preached in a neighboring charge rather than in ours, but due to the lack of couples their age, and also partly so they could have some private life outside the view of their own congregation they liked to visit with us.
People in that area in that denomination were generally anti drinking (my family especially) and I was until I was 24 and married for 2 years also, but this couple liked the occasional social drink, so we would meet and play euchre and drink wine periodically at our home usually or sometimes at theirs. They also participated in a couples' group that my wife and I had helped organize in the surrounding area.
He had a saying "Some people are so heavenly bent, that they are no earthly good" which he mentioned one time when the subject of religion and Christianity came up (at that time I was very active in my congregation also). What that was in reference to was the people who spout Bible verses and condemn everyone who doesn't believe as they do, but really do nothing positive in the world to make the lives of other people better, etc.[Actually I just googled that amd found that it was written by Oliver Wendell Holmes and is actually, "Some people are so heavenly minded that they are no earthly good".]
I find that could be the way to describe people who seem more interested in mutual masturbating each other about the Bible and their love of God on these threads while condemning anyone who disagrees with them or who has no belief in a deity, or is gay.
This couple might have wore their Christianity and it may have showed in how they lived their lives, and of course when he preached, but they did not fill every meeting of friends with Bible verses, and give and take quotes from the Bible. In fact, though it was many years ago, I don't recall their ever proselytizing, other than the four of us started a foursome support group, based on some church related encounter program, which we did together for a while, in addition to our social evenings together.
I don't think we have met Boots.....Do you write books or Blogs?....With all due respect...You are certainly Verbose...:-)

I believe but it doesn't bother me if someone else doesn't...In my thinking it is between them and God. I try to live by the Bible...

Nice to meet you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Gabriel 995,196
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Bonk 72,993
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 4 hr Doctor REALITY 161
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr Chuck 699,665
Hot Sale Nike Mercurial Superfly V Soccer Cleat... 7 hr newsoccercleats 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Dang Jersey Piney 447,509
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 7 hr George Jospeh 23