<quoted text>
Is that right?
Get that frown of your face. You know we are both heretics! LOL

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#519198 Apr 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>I am good. I am trying to realize my goal step by step.It´s about a young sperated or divcorced blonde housewife with two sweet kids near where I live. I am trying to make her mine. Pls pray for me too.
Does she know you're gay?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#519199 Apr 12, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LW...you found offense where none was intended. You have often said yourself that you like to cause a little mischief.
Instead of "seeing"...
small and looks awfully angelic
creates all sorts of mess and mayhem around the house
you focused on the negative of "naughty nuisance".
Maybe I should start praying that God will one day convince me that I live in a world divided and that is the way he intended it.
I apologize LW. I truly did not me to insult. I was only looking for a little humor in an otherwise dreary day. I am sorry.
Annie was no need for a apology.For you see I always into mischief,honest I get into more trouble than a bag of monkeys.
Did you not see the LOL in front of the naughty nuisance.I was laughing about being a mess myself.I often warn of mischief so I do not hurt others if misunderstood about my mischiefness.Which has happened many a time.Often apologized in a t mail when I think I hurt someone and then left them alone because I have hurt them.I see your humor.I was not offended by your humor it was all in fun.Hope you understand.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#519200 Apr 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're smart enough to realize the more you speak out against bible verses, the more you will see them right?
You do know that I hope. For example:
1st Cor.1:18
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
[[
I think that verse applies to the likes of you.
Now I don't write verses that much. But guess what, if bible verses gets under your skin, then you will continue to see them, until you learn how to not let them get under your skin.
And we will know that, when you stop complaining.
You actually thought complaining about bible verses to Christians, would lessen the use of bible verses??? ROFL!!iyai!!lol. You starting to get quite amusing fella or you're rather clueless.
When people start doing something on a site, repeatedly, with the intention of annoying others, I think the internet name for that is 'spamming', and when I see, as I saw maybe yesterday, someone retaliating against one of my posts by posting several posts in a row of only Bible verses, and even commenting that is what they were going to do to deal with those who don't like Bible verses, I can only say that they are online to annoy other people rather than for any constructive reason.

A true Christian, if they are well educated in how humans react, would know that you do not attract people to your opinions by annoying or belittling them.

I have seen a few non-believers doing a similar thing in retaliation to spam from a believer, in that they just keep copying and pasting the same response to every post the other person makes.

I don't really think that is very respectful either, and I think it is far better that we all assume an adult approach to whatever the topic is, and respond to each other, as if we were sitting around a table with coffee and cookies and discussing a topic with the idea that we would leave the place as still friends, rather than mortal enemies. There have been a few individuals on Topix who could not be reached rationally regardless of who or how it was attempted, and for these people, either ignoring them, or spamming them, became the only choice.

(The coffee and cookie could be beer and pizza).

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#519202 Apr 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You just triggered some thoughts with that.
I do not look for a deity to explain the mysteries of the universe.
To me the mystery, awe and spectacle of everything in the Universe is what I appreciate.
I would much rather be amazed that a simple thing like if ice didn't float (most solids sink in their liquid forms) then life would not exist on this planet.
To me that is more amazing than a resurrected God Man.
I am at home with that part of life...maybe that is why some people think I have a "chip" loose! lol

I know and understand the science behind the tree losing its leaves in the fall...I much prefer to see them as a bearing of their soul...a overcommitment to bring forth new life. It is that nakedness against the moonlit sky that captivates me. Not how it got to be that way...just that it is.

I will leave that mumbo jumbo to others.

I have never asked for proof that God does or doesn't exist. I think that is part of the mystery left for man to muse about. I like the idea that thousands of years ago...a shepherd...a storyteller...that woman beside the well...pondered the existence of a higher power. Yet here we are centuries later still pondering those same ideas. No closer to an answer than they were.

I know "G"...I am strange...I am okay with that. I like myself a whole lot better once that I admitted that.

I love strange people...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#519204 Apr 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"Real Christians" are lousy in the sack. LOL
Awee your so full of sht.lol lol

Location hidden

#519205 Apr 12, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to OVERLOOK, that we do not Beieve a word you SAY! That your words are just an INSULT .
You, Sir, were never indoctrinated in the Bible--The Bible went completely OVER your head.
You cannot comprehend the Bible IF you don't BELIEVE in the Bible.
If a speaker gets up and speaks a lecture and you don't BELIEVE in this speaker---it will just be empty words to you and you do no LISTEN to him.
I don't know what your background in learning about the Bible and Christianity is, but you assuring me that I don't know what I am talking about is a little silly. I only like to blow my own horn occasionally, but I can assure you that I know, and likely better than you, what I am talking about.

Nothing went completely over my head, except perhaps in my early 'believe and don't question' days.

Your analogy to a speaker at a lecture is not relevant or true, in my case.

I am wondering if you have had much experience with learning about how to win friends and influence people, or other phrases that refer to human interactions. The way you approach other people here is not conducive to achieving what I perceive you want to achieve. You will never win a person over to accepting your opinions by trying to insult them.

On the flip side of that, if you are so confident of what you believe, then why is it necessary to demean others? Why do you even have to try to defend yourself from others questioning what you say?

I am probably doing the very same thing, and I hate myself for doing that.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#519207 Apr 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Get that frown of your face. You know we are both heretics! LOL
O_O

Location hidden

#519208 Apr 12, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite who or what an atheist believes or doesn't, or even a Christian - facts are in the real world of all fields where 'help' is required in disaster zones, we do not ask who was the medic, fireman, helicopter pilot etc. was, who placed themselves between life and death... whether rescuing from under earth-quake, tsumami, or cyclonic rubble... and even war zones. Give Peace a chance was not John Lennon's Anthem, but a known fact truth through time.
We who enjoy will carry on, and anyone who feels they don't want can scroll. I see both sides of the coin and have nothing personal against others. In fact, I have an apology to make Scaritual who I was a bit defensive with when sighting another's post. It was not fair of me as he, as a person, has done me no harm. I have even learned much from all who I may read... yet it would be nice if we just could have breathing space to share WSJLM. But from what I gather, many Christians have really set a fire going in threads others could and did occupy, and like religion and politics... it is fire with fire... and therefore spreads. It is understandable in the course of 'pay back'. If respect has to be earned... well... surely we have to give it.
Love always Sister and God Bless.
Another good post, and I don't think you and I agree on some of the topics of discussion. We have to be respectful to everyone if we expect to be respected in turn.

Location hidden

#519209 Apr 12, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Does anyone here believe there will be a pre tribulation rapture?
I don't believe in a tribulation or a rapture or any combination of those. I also take a fair amount of offence with people who start these yearly predictions that the "End Times" are coming, often this year, as I think these people are causing a very real danger to society as a whole, because some people get sucked in by them.
Adam

Germany

#519211 Apr 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Does she know you're gay?
You stupid homosexual.I am happy not being homosexual.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#519212 Apr 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
When people start doing something on a site, repeatedly, with the intention of annoying others, I think the internet name for that is 'spamming', and when I see, as I saw maybe yesterday, someone retaliating against one of my posts by posting several posts in a row of only Bible verses, and even commenting that is what they were going to do to deal with those who don't like Bible verses, I can only say that they are online to annoy other people rather than for any constructive reason.
A true Christian, if they are well educated in how humans react, would know that you do not attract people to your opinions by annoying or belittling them.
I have seen a few non-believers doing a similar thing in retaliation to spam from a believer, in that they just keep copying and pasting the same response to every post the other person makes.
I don't really think that is very respectful either, and I think it is far better that we all assume an adult approach to whatever the topic is, and respond to each other, as if we were sitting around a table with coffee and cookies and discussing a topic with the idea that we would leave the place as still friends, rather than mortal enemies. There have been a few individuals on Topix who could not be reached rationally regardless of who or how it was attempted, and for these people, either ignoring them, or spamming them, became the only choice.
(The coffee and cookie could be beer and pizza).
I have no problem on this thread or any thread with scripture being posted. It often sends me to find my own explanation of the words. That being said...

I too wondered about posting scripture as a way to annoy those that oppose it.

Ya know what though Boots...they are right about one thing...no one has to read it...just scroll on by.

In one sense it is no different that posting quotes...I love a good quote! To me we can all, despite our religion or no religion, gain something from the text. There is much to be learned from all of it.

Location hidden

#519213 Apr 12, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Entertainment Mike can be fictional or fact, and each draws from it what they will... or choose. So in a matter of fact I simply share my experiences, and with Christians, let them also identify through even Biblical quote... as not everyone can experess what they would like to without.
I peeked in one day with no purpose at all, and almost got shot out the door very violetly for even have the tag of PW... but time brings respect agree to disagree, and harms no-one. Just as entertainment doesn't please everyone. That 'peek' carried over in fact, and whatever results is simply dielect. You know by now I don't go to church. You use the term 'purpose' as you did once before in a question to me. Nothing has changed. Even as a 5 y.o. folk thought me confident, but guess one is sure when a given role - even in entertainment fields - is established. As a matter of fact I find an in depth exchange worth sharing.
I do not pray nor read Bible either in the normal sense of what Christianity seems to, but have accumulated my own personal in depth experiences. If my believing in God came before I reached a western / European world of reading and writing - 70's - and any form of this earths entertainment only from the 80's... the internet after 2008... to topix in 2009, it is good English and writing practice, thanx to a spell check and thesaurus!
The only thing I do in here which I don't in real life, is Bible quote, and I wouldn't even know how to ask someone to pray for me...
Take care again my friend...
I wish I could have recall of testimonies such as yours above. That way I would have a better understanding of where someone is coming from when I respond to a particular post they make.

I don't completely understand your rationale, but at least I know that, to the world, you live much like I do (or at least I interpreted it that way). You don't attend church or read (or quote all the time) the Bible, which is the same as I do. I think you indicated that you have a belief, which I don't, but that is not something that you likely expound on at any great length in public in your day to day life, as I don't ever expound on my unbelief, mainly because I have not been in any situations very often where doing so would even be relevant to the situations.

That was suppose to be complimentary; I hope it came out that way.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#519214 Apr 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe in a tribulation or a rapture or any combination of those. I also take a fair amount of offence with people who start these yearly predictions that the "End Times" are coming, often this year, as I think these people are causing a very real danger to society as a whole, because some people get sucked in by them.
Righto. Thanks.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#519215 Apr 12, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU TALK TO MUCH ABOUT YOURSELVES and how misterious you are,
BUT YOU ARE NOT STRANGE,NOT MISTERY,OR SOMETHING SPECIAL(quin from Buckinham castle)
YOU ARE SIMPLE ELDER WOMEN,MENTALY RETARDED, NOT LIVING IN THE WORLD OF REALITY,AND FULL FULFILMENTS OF LAST SUPERPOWER 8TH KIND DESCRIBED IN BIBLE,BEFORE ESTABLISHING NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH
you are not stranger,
just dumb buut atheistic loser and misearable wreched lost creature with lost oportuinity to be RESIDENT FUTURE OF THIS NEW EARTHLY GOVERMENT
SO?
IT IS DIAGNOSE ABOUT YOUR SELF PROCALIMED MISTERY,BE STRANGER,or something speacial( janitor women quin from Buckingham Palace)
Nope...never said any of that except to acknowledge that I can be strange.

Shrinky dink...I understand your hatred for me...I am okay with that though I do wish at times that you would just keep that to yourself. I have no control however over your need to constantly express what a piece of shit that you think I am.

I know how lowly of a creature that you consider me...there is no need to keep telling me. I am fully aware how worthless that you think my life is. I am sure that there are others here that would agree with you.

However...I don't...so...IMO...that is what matters...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#519216 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
What is this need you have ...you v. we, us v. them ...why are you compelled to separate people into groups?
The religious have already done that. That was the de facto case before I wrote my first post. They are instructed to be apart from us :

"Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect." - Romans 12:2

""If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26
hick-up wrote:
Right goes to work, left to the gas chambers.
Exactly. The saved go to heaven, the unsaved to the fires of hell.

Fennario

#519217 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
When in the world and you look upon someone, do you immediately begin to assess the individuals worth or value to the whole of the human species? I ask because you appear to fixate on categorization. It's as if you don't see individuals ...you see specimens. To you the macro is a scary ordeal.
Am I close or have I sinned?
Yes, I do see it as an us-and-them situation. As I said, it is imposed on us by an ideology that first and last divides people into one of two types: saved and unsaved, saint and sinner, heaven and hell, God and devil. What else matters to a Christian?

And that is exactly how they behaved in the Dimwit affair. Dim is OK because he's a Christian, and people are outraged on his behalf that. I am "the other," and apparently, you just don't take the side of one of us against a Christian whatever the circumstances.

And if you haven't seen it yet, we are referred to as outsiders, as a pack that wanders to threads to maraud Christians, as the other side, and any number of indications that it is very much an us-vs-them matter for the faithful.

Don't put this on me. It undermines any later claim you might make to impartiality.

Fennario

#519218 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
if no one cared then, do you think you're continued rants will make'em care now.
Not in the constructive sense of the word, no. That is not my purpose. It would be a pointless endeavor.

Fennario

#519219 Apr 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. while attempts to dictate public policy by the religious right are particularly troublesome, we would not have the freedoms we have today if not for vigorous religious debate ..
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I disagree that religion cannot or must not be private. I don't see why being part of the human experience and man's history makes it a public matter. Hemorrhoids are part of the human experience and man's history, too
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. do you advocate schools quit teaching mythology? How can Mayan history be taught without touching on their religious beliefs ??..
No.

Is that what you meant by vigorous religious debate? And if so, how did/does that discussion contribute to freedom?
Happy Lesbo wrote:
... we're in a public discussion forum where people's religious views are the very basis for much of their reasoning, a place where everyone has a right to voice their thoughts. To confine such free flow to homes and churches is in direct contradiction to our constitution ..
Maybe you misunderstood me. I would not try to prevent this kind of expression by law or force. People have the right to express themselves here, including those of us who chose to ridicule that expression. And if that makes people more comfortable confining their religious expression only to protected environments like home and church, they are free to choose to that option.

That's freedom - the same freedom that allowed the church to dehumanize, marginalize and demonize unbelievers since the Constitution went into effect. I now choose to use it to help shape public opinion about religion. Is that unfair, or undemocratic?

I'm surprised at these arguments from you. If the Christians are expressing themselves, it will be to marginalize gays and atheists, and to make people disrespect and distrust science. That kind of expression should be suppressed by public opinion, not edict and deadly force. At the very least, it should come at a high price to the speaker.

That's what democracy is - a marketplace of ideas. Some are so bad that they need to be dealt with as such, just like bad restaurants need to be treated as such and allowed to fail, or bad books sit on the bookstore shelf unpurchased and unread. It's a good thing.

Fennario

#519220 Apr 12, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
... besides, if believers are told they must keep it private, they will go underground. I'd rather know what they're thinking ..
That's another place we disagree. I strongly support the Druidization of Christianity, meaning that when people are asked, "What would Jesus do?" the answer should the same as it would be to the question, "What would Brigit (a Druid godess) do?" namely, "Who?"
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Are you advocating Christians go into the closet ??
That's the individual Christian's choice. I would like to see calling yourself a Christian as unpopular as calling yourself a Scientologist or Communist.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
since religion is not going to disappear, we must find a way to live peacefully with what we have ..
What do you mean by disappear? Cease to exist, or disappear from view? Have the Druids disappeared? They exist, but I don't ever see or hear them. Do you know Brigid's view on stem cell research?

Did you know that there are people still worshiping Zeus? What's Zeus' take on pharmacists having to provide the morning after pill? Yeah, me neither. Ain't it great?

I don't need religion to disappear any more than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min kent 693,379
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Never hillary 52,494
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Tellthetruth 992,225
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 38 min _FLATLINE-------- 2,480
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,743
I need a name for a song. 1 hr LatinoVargas55 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 286,694
More from around the web