I can find my kayak paddle.

Not my broom.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#519078 Apr 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is. You teach each other by example, as do we.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee....

Indeed we teach by example, and in action also.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#519079 Apr 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll be safe from the Raptor.
I promise.
Do you think you are going to live forever? Is that your meaning of safe from the Rapture? The Rapture is when your Soul leaves your body, IMHO, and the feeling would be something similar to a butterfly bursting from the cocoon.

Hebrew 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#519080 Apr 12, 2013
T*G*I*F.....Thank God for everything

When you stop expecting people to be perfect,
you can like them for who they are.”

Donald Miller

Thought for the Day

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#519081 Apr 12, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>.... The Rapture is when your Soul leaves your body,...
AKA "Dead".

A fairly common everyday ocurrance.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#519082 Apr 12, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Today I want to ask for your protection and blessing upon Christian leaders around the world. Please give wisdom and guidance, and surround them with guardian angels. I pray for pastors, missionaries, and other church leaders; for Christian heads of governments; for teachers and parents; for social and relief workers; for every kind of leader that is out there doing your work, your will, your ministry. I lift them up to you, for their tasks are difficult. Block Satan's attempts to harm them or sidetrack them. Help them stay focused on the tasks and the missions to which you have called them. Thank you, Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#519083 Apr 12, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

John 8:12 NLT

K-Love

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#519084 Apr 12, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Today I want to ask for your protection and blessing upon Christian leaders around the world. Please give wisdom and guidance, and surround them with guardian angels. I pray for pastors, missionaries, and other church leaders; for Christian heads of governments; for teachers and parents; for social and relief workers; for every kind of leader that is out there doing your work, your will, your ministry. I lift them up to you, for their tasks are difficult. Block Satan's attempts to harm them or sidetrack them. Help them stay focused on the tasks and the missions to which you have called them. Thank you, Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God
Amen <3

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#519085 Apr 12, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

K-Love
Beautiful

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#519086 Apr 12, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
K-Love
Mornin', Epi.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#519087 Apr 12, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
All I'm saying is that people choose to do that, it is not taught in the Bible, the very opposite is actually taught.
I think we disagree about what teaching is, and about what the message of the bible is.

For example, preachers that say that Jesus says to love one another before going into a homophobic rant are teaching homophobia, not love.

Also, if I tell you to love one another like your god loves you, but that includes being angry and judgmental, nearly exterminating the earth with a flood, and building a torture pit full of monsters for those that don't submit, you're not really teaching love either.

Also, telling people that you will pray for them and "I luv ya!" are not love, either. Nor is being crucified, nor requiring a blood sacrifice and suffering.

Where is love being taught in all of this? It's not.

“THIS TOPIX ACCOUNT IS CLOSED”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#519088 Apr 12, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
T*G*I*F.....Thank God for everything
When you stop expecting people to be perfect,
you can like them for who they are.”
Donald Miller
Thought for the Day
Thank you Epi ........ very apt for today. xx

Fennario

#519089 Apr 12, 2013
@ Juice
I think we disagree about what teaching is, and about what the message of the bible is. For example, preachers that say that Jesus says to love one another before going into a homophobic rant are teaching homophobia, not love. Also, if I tell you to love one another like your god loves you, but that includes being angry and judgmental, nearly exterminating the earth with a flood, and building a torture pit full of monsters for those that don't submit, you're not really teaching love either. Also, telling people that you will pray for them and "I luv ya!" are not love, either. Nor is being crucified, nor requiring a blood sacrifice and suffering. Where is love being taught in all of this? It's not.
The very next thing I read after posting the above was this from hick-up to LAWEST:

"Gee Lawest ... Okay you're right, Cheriann isn't new ...but how could HL know that? It's not so much what you say, but how you say it that is one of their chief complaints ...I think. I understand you don't agree with HL's lifestyle ...I'm not wild about it myself ...But that's not my sword to wield. Regardless, she is a human being first ...and should be treated as such."

I assume that LAWEST has been schooled in the bible for years, perhaps decades. You can see the type of "love" that he has learned. He's dong exactly what his bible and preachers do with his homophobia, and he would tell you that it is love.

This is why the mere occurrence of the words "love one another" in a book does not mean that either the book or the church administering it are teaching love.
mike

AOL

#519090 Apr 12, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
'In the beginning GOD created the Heavens and the EARTH.
You cannot ever prove that GOD didn't CREATE ALL and you can NEVER prove that GOD doesn't exist.
By FAITH we have this PROOF.
'But without FAITH it is impossible to please HIM, for he who comes to GOD must believe that He is a rewarder of those who DILIGENTLY , SEEK Him.
With GOD, ALL things are possible.
Funny!

I bet you believe those who say they can speak to the dead,..right?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#519091 Apr 12, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Mornin', Epi.
Mornin Mac.....

:-)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#519092 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
...Nor is being crucified, nor requiring a blood sacrifice and suffering.
Where is love being taught in all of this? It's not.
I am sure you can't understand that suffering and dying to protect one's country and family is an act of love either.

I urge you to go to your local VFW and tell them what hate-filled losers they are.

Fennario

#519093 Apr 12, 2013
The next thing I saw was this from Adam to LAWEST
Adam wrote:
@Lawest100 How you doing buddy. It seems like that this thread needs more heroes like we.
According to them, it's not just love we're seeing from these two rabid homophobes, but heroic love.

This is what so many of these Christians learn. This is what we actually see in the real world. Then somebody will tell me that that's not biblical, as if that matters to an unbeliever, or would make us think more highly of the religion.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#519094 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
What GOV folks do, they do for their benefit ...makes no difference if or where I lend my support.
When Gov people added God to money they had an agenda. When they remove it, again it will be to their benefit.
.. it's interesting to note that the surge in religious tracts occurred during the cultural cold war with the USSR to counter the sinister influence of atheistic communism ..

[4] 1954 - "under god" was added to the Pledge, changing America from one nation, indivisible, into one nation, divided by religion.
[5] 1956 - "In god we trust" made the national motto
[6] 1957 - "In god we trust" added to the paper currency

.. it certainly looks like a political move ..
mike

AOL

#519095 Apr 12, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Entertainment Mike can be fictional or fact, and each draws from it what they will... or choose. So in a matter of fact I simply share my experiences, and with Christians, let them also identify through even Biblical quote... as not everyone can experess what they would like to without.
I peeked in one day with no purpose at all, and almost got shot out the door very violetly for even have the tag of PW... but time brings respect agree to disagree, and harms no-one. Just as entertainment doesn't please everyone. That 'peek' carried over in fact, and whatever results is simply dielect. You know by now I don't go to church. You use the term 'purpose' as you did once before in a question to me. Nothing has changed. Even as a 5 y.o. folk thought me confident, but guess one is sure when a given role - even in entertainment fields - is established. As a matter of fact I find an in depth exchange worth sharing.
I do not pray nor read Bible either in the normal sense of what Christianity seems to, but have accumulated my own personal in depth experiences. If my believing in God came before I reached a western / European world of reading and writing - 70's - and any form of this earths entertainment only from the 80's... the internet after 2008... to topix in 2009, it is good English and writing practice, thanx to a spell check and thesaurus!
The only thing I do in here which I don't in real life, is Bible quote, and I wouldn't even know how to ask someone to pray for me...
Take care again my friend...
"Well Said",

I can't touch this one with my "bad attitude",..thanks

“THIS TOPIX ACCOUNT IS CLOSED”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#519096 Apr 12, 2013
@ Juice
<quoted text>
The very next thing I read after posting the above was this from hick-up to LAWEST:
"Gee Lawest ... Okay you're right, Cheriann isn't new ...but how could HL know that? It's not so much what you say, but how you say it that is one of their chief complaints ...I think. I understand you don't agree with HL's lifestyle ...I'm not wild about it myself ...But that's not my sword to wield. Regardless, she is a human being first ...and should be treated as such."
I assume that LAWEST has been schooled in the bible for years, perhaps decades. You can see the type of "love" that he has learned. He's dong exactly what his bible and preachers do with his homophobia, and he would tell you that it is love.
This is why the mere occurrence of the words "love one another" in a book does not mean that either the book or the church administering it are teaching love.
Can someone please tell me what HL stands for or means. With thanks C

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Steve III 646,330
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min River Tam 47,916
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min River Tam 971,569
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 57 min Lils 42
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 281,217
Vote for Euro 2016, free game 1 hr Aaron0562 1
White women leaving their white families in dro... (Aug '09) 1 hr Colored Silicone 327
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Annaleigh 105,574
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 10 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web