Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
nah nah nah nah... it's Friday Bro! And 10:30 am too.
Been reading you and thanx for your contribution... well understood.~~smooch~~
~shucks~
~blush~

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. My attitude toward the Christians here was mostly formed when none of you would take a stand for what was right regarding the Dimwit. Had anybody at all come forward then, things would have been much different. I explained it at the time: I no longer felt any duty to consider the feelings or opinions of any Christian on this thread. And I still don't.
<quoted text>
I didn't ask for or require your apology. What I needed from you and/or any other Christian here was to take an impartial stand and rebuke the Dimwit. He was and is clearly in the wrong.
You made your choice. And you fanned a fire that way.
Don't worry about it. It's spilled milk now. Try to do better next time if you're displeased with the way things worked out here.
In the meantime, my relationship with Dim and with the other Christians of this thread is pretty much determined. I'm not expecting remorse from the Dimwit or for any Christian to suddenly stand up and do the right thing. It's not what you do. You all would rather be silent about the Dimwit, and Dim has long ago forgiven himself. I haven't.
Bwwaaaaa-haaa-haaa-haaaaaaa ...

Sh!t fire Jocko ...if no one cared then, do you think you're continued rants will make'em care now.
I believe you to be quite mad.

Are you a soc?
Do you know Steve or 777?
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You are of Beelzebub,the chief of demons.
It is still you.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 2:28 And I will give him the morning star.
29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
... and
2/7 "To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."

11 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death."

17 “To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.”

*3/5 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."

12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

21 "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."

And to all 7...
“He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.”

16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

How much has misconstrued the 'morning star'?
I know what it means to you and me as equally as does... the rest.
Amen Sister Friend... keep flying with the angels!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
~shucks~
~blush~
(((*()*))) koala hugs

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>One can only wonder at people being so scared?
Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Let us give them Prayers and Scriptures, showing them that there is nothing to be scared of......
Tis nothing to fear or be scared of.
Tis the difference of walking in the dark,
verses walking in the light.
Scripture can be a way of life.
Prayer is the direct line to love.
God bless.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Re-post Chris.
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>True. We have a few bibles in our church that are older than this nation. His word stands firm forever!
I have seen some illustration in some of those old ones. Enough to scare the living daylights outa any devil!
~H~A~P~P~Y~~B~I~R~T~H~D~A~Y~~C ~H~R~I~S~
http://www.godtube.com/watch/...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus loves me.
Ooh, Ramón is gonna be maaaadd...

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I disagree that religion cannot or must not be private.
I don't see why being part of the human experience and man's history makes it a public matter.Hemorrhoids are part of the human experience and man's history, too.<quoted text>

.. do you advocate schools quit teaching mythology? How can Mayan history be taught without touching on their religious beliefs ??..

.. we're in a public discussion forum where people's religious views are the very basis for much of their reasoning, a place where everyone has a right to voice their thoughts. To confine such free flow to homes and churches is in direct contradiction to our constitution ..

.. besides, if believers are told they must keep it private, they will go underground. I'd rather know what they're thinking ..

[QUOTE who="It aint necessarily so"]<quoted text>
I don't think so. I think it's more like telling gays to confine sexual acts to their private spaces.
.. there is a direct correlation. For thousands of years, homosexuals were only open about their orientation in the privacy of their homes and in gay clubs. Are you advocating Christians go into the closet ??..
<quoted text>
I don't see where that comes from. We would not have the freedoms that we enjoy today had we not had vigorous secularists neutering the church and forcing it out of government.
.. my understanding is somewhat different. During the first constitutional convention, the very idea of who would say an opening prayer was in dispute. A Baptist, a Presbyterian? It was only after much negotiation that our forefathers agreed the prayer would be non-denominational, the very idea of a state-sponsored church was rejected and the beginning of a secular government was formed ..

.. if I'm incorrect, please clarify my understanding ..
<quoted text>
I think you give religion a lot of undeserved credit.
.. perhaps but religion is not about to go away in the near future so a peaceful co-existence must be attained. We cannot continue down the path of Muslims declaring Christians infidels or Christians detesting atheists. We both know where that leads ..
<quoted text>I don't see any loss to anybody if religion disappeared from the earth except to the parasitic priestly class.
.. since religion is not going to disappear, we must find a way to live peacefully with what we have ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

And he shewed me a a pure river of water of life clear as crystal proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

In the midst of the street of it and either side of the river was there the tree of life which bare twelve manners of fruit and yeilded her fruit every month and the leaves of the tree were for healing of the nations.

And there shall be no more curses:but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it and his servants shall serve Him.

And they shall see his face and his name shall be in their foreheads.

And there shall be no night there and they need no candle neither light of the sun;for the Lord God's giveth them light and they shall reign for ever and ever.
Revelations 22:1-5

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>

.. since religion is not going to disappear, we must find a way to live peacefully with what we have ..
Could we possibly treat it like air pollution?

Minimize its effect on society at large?

Or perhaps like tornadoes?

(Private message to HL: How is the word tornadoes similar to the word scarves?)

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I addressed to anyone who care to talk about it.Why are you so scared of people who talk of such things??I was not talking about a prediction made by another human being.(your may 2011)do not believe in such groups.I ask questions was no scare tactics involved.`Nothing imaginator or raving about it nothing is impossibe with God.Wrong people have disappeared with no trace period.You never addressed one question asked.And the reference to in the field one taken one left is in the Holy Bible.
Many seem to have their interpretation on this lil sister... as you know.
Many link it to what became known as 'Rapture'... that term is not in the bible, but I believe means something like 'taken'.

Matthew 24
40 "Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left."

I reckon with you there in NM there must be evidence of this? I do not associate this with a rapture but literally as it describes. It is an open book for ears that can hear! Not thinking of scare tactics either, just cold hard facts. people truly are 'taken' all over the earth...

And you are right, nothing – absolutely nothing – is impossible with God.
LuV U 2 and God Bless.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Could just go with the word of God that says no man knows. His word also tells us that His own people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Anyone that says they know when Jesus Christ comes back with a specific time is of the devil if Gods word be true. It is.
Chris, you seem to be overlooking the point that the Word of God has no meaning to me, in the way you indicate. The best knowledge is it is the word of man. We have no evidence to prove otherwise. We know that man learned to write words long before the writings in the Bible, and the words used are words that men use. We have no information to support the existence of a God, or if a God did exist that it would use Words, or if it used words that they would be the same as what men would say. Basically the whole thing reeks of man.

Referring a non-believer to something that he has no belief in is basically just attempting to insult that person, or to state that his opinion is of no value, because in spite of his not having a belief in a god, he must read the words you state that God gave anyway.

Besides, I, and likely all of the other participants here, already know, or at least knew at one time, the Bible, since most of us were indoctrinated into it since early childhood. You are not providing any startling new information to make anyone consider taking another look at why they have no belief. They have no belief, period. That is all.

In addition, no one on any of the threads on Topix that I have participated has provided even one piece of information that indicate that a god exists. Yes, some people have made claims, but none of the claims are valid. All have either been proved false or were never valid in the first place.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hey you! News Flash!
Good excuse to say I love you too.
((((((Irrira))))))))

Thank you for the post and the music (c: I have many great memories of posting with you dear sister.

~ I love you ~ and am glad that you brought the post forward too!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Behold I stand at the door and knock if any man hear my voice and open the door I will come in to him and will sup with him and he with me.
Revelation 3:20

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne even as I also overcame and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Revelations 3:21

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Those are not proven false. Those are simply acts of God you don't believe He did.
Not unique, many do not believe the bible.
I don't believe what you claim is a likely explanation for how human emerged, you do. You don't believe the God of the bible exist, I do.
You don't believe my philosophy, and I reject yours.
It's really that simple. What is the point of any further discussions?
I don't believe I have given a claim as to how humans' emerged, other than a vague statement that I believe that evolution has been proved to have occurred, which is true, but I didn't specify how humans came about in that process. Actaully I don't know how, though I know that other people have made some very probably proposals and have found a lot of evidence to show some of the steps in the development of man from his earlier ancestors.

To believe in Creation is about the same as stating I believe that a fairy can wave a magic wand and make anything he/she wants appear. I don't believe such a thing is possible.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
.... nor for the 'christian doormat';)
"Turn the other cheek"
"Love your enemies"

So you feel Jesus is a doormat.

Such a fine example of the kind of Christian that feeds the atheist belief system.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>There are some who say atheists are mentally ill.
I'm sure others call the God of Christianity a Demon. See Islam.
Your unbelief is quite evident to all this is reading. But it's [your]unbelief.
Why does my unbelief have to be stated as evident? I have never tried to hide the fact that I don't have a belief in a god. Yes it is my unbelief, supported by evidence of some of the Christian beliefs being false, and no evidence of any Christian beliefs being true.

That would extend to the beliefs of all other religions who follow an invisible deity too, but I state Christian because this topix is pertaining to Christianity and I suspect most participants here are either current or former Christians, or have extensive knowledge of Christianity.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
Behold I stand at the door and knock if any man hear my voice and open the door I will come in to him and will sup with him and he with me.
Revelation 3:20
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne even as I also overcame and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Revelations 3:21
((((((Whispers))))))))

Amen ! He offers the gift of eternity to everyone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Internet can be dangerous. People's views can get them in hot water oy!
But then maybe that is not such a bad thing for Christianity. If Christians are ever faced with jail time or even threat to their lives because of calling sin sin, I suppose quickly enough it will be made clear who are the real Jesus Followers, and who just give lip service.
But people in general, not just Christians can go to far in their defense of criticisms of whatever cause they are against.
Why would Christians go to jail for calling sin sin? On the other hand if Christians are promoting prejudice or hatred against any group of people who they think are sinful simply by virtue of what they are as opposed to any harm they might be doing, then yes they very well could go to jail as that is hate mongering.

When gay marriages are law in all states of the USA, if people who disagree with this do things at that point that the new law makes illegal, then they will be subject to arrest and possible prison, depending on what that might be that they do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 498,481 - 498,500 of598,701
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

455 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min sweets2360 715,745
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Hidingfromyou 222,994
How 'the Decision 2' should be different for Le... 40 min Doctor REALITY 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 48 min Life is Precious 221,359
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min JudgeNJury 255,492
loan shark needed 1 hr Benson 4
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr pusherman_ 529,591
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Jennifer 93,107
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 15 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••