Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518963 Apr 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Internet can be dangerous. People's views can get them in hot water oy!
But then maybe that is not such a bad thing for Christianity. If Christians are ever faced with jail time or even threat to their lives because of calling sin sin, I suppose quickly enough it will be made clear who are the real Jesus Followers, and who just give lip service.
But people in general, not just Christians can go to far in their defense of criticisms of whatever cause they are against.
Why would Christians go to jail for calling sin sin? On the other hand if Christians are promoting prejudice or hatred against any group of people who they think are sinful simply by virtue of what they are as opposed to any harm they might be doing, then yes they very well could go to jail as that is hate mongering.

When gay marriages are law in all states of the USA, if people who disagree with this do things at that point that the new law makes illegal, then they will be subject to arrest and possible prison, depending on what that might be that they do.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518964 Apr 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>
John 20:26-29
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
I certainly hope you don't really believe that posting those verses was an adequate response to anything I said. If you do, then you are guilty of "begging the question" which is a logical error, and thus not a valid argument.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#518965 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly hope you don't really believe that posting those verses was an adequate response to anything I said. If you do, then you are guilty of "begging the question" which is a logical error, and thus not a valid argument.
In the practice of law, there's a saying:

If the facts are on your side, pound the facts.
If the law is on your side, pound the law.
If neither the facts nor the law are on your side, pound the table.

Posting verses is the Christians' equivalent of pounding the table.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#518966 Apr 11, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Many seem to have their interpretation on this lil sister... as you know.
Many link it to what became known as 'Rapture'... that term is not in the bible, but I believe means something like 'taken'.
Matthew 24
40 "Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left."
I reckon with you there in NM there must be evidence of this? I do not associate this with a rapture but literally as it describes. It is an open book for ears that can hear! Not thinking of scare tactics either, just cold hard facts. people truly are 'taken' all over the earth...
And you are right, nothing absolutely nothing is impossible with God.
LuV U 2 and God Bless.
Yes,it is up to each to settle in there minds there own interpretation of this.Some refer to it as the Rapture a
modern term.I know it in term enternal paradise.

Yes,I know it has happened and also happening world wide.
Nothing is impossibe with God.What some do not realize is
what God wants he takes.

Tis no threats,scare tatics,human predictions,no devils works,
simply saying that God gathering his beloved into paradise.
I give all the glory to God.God bless.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#518967 Apr 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
...what God wants he takes...
Just like a thief.

Location hidden

#518968 Apr 11, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
((((((Whispers))))))))
Amen ! He offers the gift of eternity to everyone.
Just opening the doors of scriptures to share.Tis up to us
to post scripture keeping God before the whole world.Giving all the glory to God.God bless.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#518969 Apr 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,it is up to each to settle in there minds there own interpretation of this.Some refer to it as the Rapture a
modern term.I know it in term enternal paradise.
Yes,I know it has happened and also happening world wide.
Nothing is impossibe with God.What some do not realize is
what God wants he takes.
Tis no threats,scare tatics,human predictions,no devils works,
simply saying that God gathering his beloved into paradise.
I give all the glory to God.God bless.
That's a really good way to describe it, "What God wants He takes". In my life it has certainly been proven in many ways :)

“The..”

#518970 Apr 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like a thief.
A thief???? We all Belong to IAM, He made us!

Location hidden

#518971 Apr 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like a thief.
A thief cannot steal what already belongs to him.

“The..”

#518972 Apr 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen sister!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#518973 Apr 11, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
A thief???? We all Belong to IAM, He made us!
Doesn't change a thing. I don't have to justify God. I just accept the truth.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#518974 Apr 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there is no freewill and we are nothing more than slaves.

“The..”

#518975 Apr 11, 2013
These verses are so precious!

Psalm 85:10-12

Love and faithfulness meet together;
righteousness and peace kiss each other.

Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven.

The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest.

Psalm 118:27-29

The Lord is our God, and He has made His light shine on us..

You are my God and I will praise You;
You are my God and I will exalt You.

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good.

His love endures forever.

+++

Amen <3

“The..”

#518976 Apr 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't change a thing. I don't have to justify God. I just accept the truth.
What is the truth to you?

“The..”

#518977 Apr 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
POE!

Location hidden

#518978 Apr 11, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a really good way to describe it, "What God wants He takes". In my life it has certainly been proven in many ways :)
In John's gospel Jesus uses the term I am to connect himself to aspects of God's nature and to identify himself as the one who.
supplies all needs
brings knowledge about God to all people
is the way for people to find God and become God's people.
promises that all who believe in him will have enternal life
everyone is invited to share in the common life a new people of God.Just afew things to say from the book of Messages of God.
mike

AOL

#518979 Apr 11, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is a dumb question Mike! You show me who is my God in here.
Take care friend...
Thanks,

Thought I'd ask!

You, like many others on this thread that profess belief in the GOD concept, are so,"matter of fact" as to your expression on this thread as if a GOD sent you here with a purpose of fact not belief, rather than choice. As fact, would you say something other than entertainment is being accomplished here as a result of believing in a GOD?

I know this is an entertainment site as fact, as fact, can you point out something otherwise?

Location hidden

#518980 Apr 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think of yourself as a slave???Why???
I think of myself as one of his children,whom he takes care of.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#518981 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Part way through my post I said I was not interested in turning a Christian, but I will argue against things that some Christians do that are harmful.
The part regarding the shield of Jesus Christ is, of course, imaginary. You are protected from changing as long as you will yourself to stay where you are. If you change that will be because you have reasoned it out and discovered as many of us do that everything you lived by is a myth (except of course some of the positives of the Christian religion, such as the Golden Rule).
Though I, like most people, including most Christians, have no real desire to end my life any sooner than necessary, I do not fear death as being the end, because when it ends I will not know anything more anyway. Just prior to the end, I will no doubt regret that I couldn't stay a little longer to see what might happen in the future.
I think most devout Christians do not want to die either, and most devout Christians also mourn the death of a family member or friend, whereas if they were truly believing that they have gone to something better, they would be cheering that they have died, and even more if they died young so they could get to Heaven sooner.
No, the sheild of Jesus Christ is not imaginery, It is REAL.

What you say , is utterly ridiculous.

Of course, we do not want to DIE and leave our loved ones, and we do not want our loved ones to DIE and leave us and YES we will MOURN---but when it is time and we do PASS out of this world, we are ASSURED that we will be together again. At that time there will b no tears, and we will be together EVERLASTING.

"For GOD so LOVED the world that He gave His only begotten SON, and whosoever believeth in HIM will have everlasting LIFE."

The difference in YOU is you don't WANT that assurance,thus you have never BELIEVED, which you do NOT have to---your choice, you have FREE WILL that GOD gave you.

I didn't think you had a desire to end your life----but on the other hand--I don't think you want to live EVERLASTING.

No Bootsy----we do not CHEER when we loose a Loved one, what a mean statement to make---but AGAIN, I say that we know we will be together again and this eases the DEATH of our precious loved ones.

Jesus died on the cross---a theif beside Him repented and Jesus said --"Today you will be with me in paradise, that was a death-bed repentance, but the theif made it.

I would hate to wait that long and miss the many blessings here on EARTH.
mike

AOL

#518982 Apr 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the practice of law, there's a saying:
If the facts are on your side, pound the facts.
If the law is on your side, pound the law.
If neither the facts nor the law are on your side, pound the table.
Posting verses is the Christians' equivalent of pounding the table.
Cute!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min ChristineM 743,933
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Dr_Zorderz 260,200
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Oxbow 545,099
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min Lyndi 174,203
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min Tim Osman 118,294
Is it time for Muslim Internment Camps? 24 min Kid_Tomorrow 14
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 27 min Doctor REALITY 25
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr Hot Top 2020 979

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE