I too am about to do the same.
Blessings and Peace.
hu

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#519036 Apr 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Would it be vain to say that I am more moral than your god?- a LOT more.
hick-up wrote:
IMO, yes.
Really? And is that your full answer?
hick-up wrote:
The writers of the Bible had an agenda, just as the many translators had/have an agenda. The King James is the most widely publicized version. Do you think the original cavemen writers talked that way?
In King James English? You're asking me if I think that the bible was written in English?
hick-up wrote:
Do I believe in a Supernatural Being?
Yes.
Does He/She/It live within the pages of a book?
No.
Did He/She/It inspire the writings?
Some perhaps.
I wouldn't consider such writings useful.
hick-up wrote:
Frankly my life is too full to give it much thought.
My life is made more full by reflection on the events in it.

Fennario

#519037 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Printing "In God We Trust" on money is fairly new ...started during the Civil War I think ...I could be wrong ...and no I'm not gonna look it up for you or anybody else.
Allow me. It was no bother at all. The coins became religious tracts in 1864, the paper currency in 1957. Here's a chronology of various incursions by the church into the state :

THE DESECULARIZATION OF AMERICA
[thanks to Topix poster Hedonist]

[A] March 4, 1789 - secular U.S. government established.
[B] June 7, 1797 Treaty of Tripoli endorsed our secular foundation.

Then came the erosion:

[1] 1864 –“In god We trust” added to coins
[2] 1870 - Christmas was declared a federal holiday by Congress
[3] April 17, 1952 - a National Day of Prayer established
[4] 1954 - "under god" was added to the Pledge, changing America from one nation, indivisible, into one nation, divided by religion.
[5] 1956 - "In god we trust" made the national motto
[6] 1957 - "In god we trust" added to the paper currency
[7] 1987 –“No, I don't know that atheists should be regarded as citizens, nor should they be regarded as patriotic. This is one nation under God.”- George H. W. Bush
[8] 2001 - White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives (OFBCI)
hick-up wrote:
Again, I'm thankful to have a little money regardless.
Once again, I prefer to put a little more thought into these things. It appears that you don't care what the currency says. If that's the case, perhaps you'll support an effort to change the inscription to "We Trust In No Gods"

Fennario

#519038 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
You have the opportunity to show me where you were ill treated. I wait.
It's not relevant to our discussion, or if it is, you need to tell me how. As you just said, "no I'm not gonna look it up for you or anybody else" - not without a good reason. It's a LOT of material, and not really very interesting.

But I did a cursory search and found a few links for you anyway. I can show you some of the original disputes where Dim confuses what he thinks he remembers I said and calls me a liar based on his damaged comprehension and memory.

This is Dim confusing the words "proof" and "evidence." I said one, he converted it to the other, and then calledme a liar for objecting:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Here's me asking Dim to back up his claims with links.

Here's Dim refusing to back up his claim:

Perhaps this will give you a flavor for our history. The argument resumes months later on this thread, when he finally produced a link and a quote of my actual words. Here is a part of that series of exchanges:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Bond James

Pasadena, CA

#519039 Apr 12, 2013
obama is becoming white since he got white house

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#519040 Apr 12, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
All these trolls on here that don't want to read scriptures, reminds me of children, saying --'your not playing the games I want to play, just what you aduts want to play!''thats not fair'!-- lol
I find scripture as interpreted by Christianity to be fascinating.

26)I will restore your judges as at first and your advisers as at the beginning. After that, you will be called the City of Righteousness, Faithful City. Isaiah 1:26 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

Supposedly a sign of the Messiah having returned and completing one of the tasks said to be accomplished while here.

Pretty crazy, huh.

I mean, why would the Sanhedrin(or the religious court) be reestablished after the law had been "fulfilled" as it's often said to have been by the Jesus!?

After the "messiah", returns to do his magic mystery tour?

The second time around.

Christian interpretation suggests that at first was Judaic law/OT.

Then, Christianity bursts upon the scene, law is fulfilled(the Jesus!), and NT is what defines the requirements or law.

Then, "second coming" >>> back to Torah/OT/Judaic law and the religious court.

The religious court system of Israel will be re-instituted and establish the Torah as the law of the land. Messianic prophecy says Judaic law will once again be - the - law of the land(worldwide).

The god seems schizophrenic in the way Christianity tries to twist Messianic prophecy to fit its whim. Does this make sense?

Jewish law is done, the interim is Christianity, then back to Jewish law after the second coming?

No, it doesn't. Unless you choose to ignore the actual Mashiach prophecy.

Therein lies the problem. That starts to snowball. Portions of the OT prophecy left unfulfilled, essentially impossible to be fulfilled. It calls into question any prophet who prophesied about the Messiah, if that prophecy wasn't fulfilled 100% complete.

WWID?(What will Isaiah do?)

According to the Yahweh! words, if a prophet utters something that does not happen, 100% true, that was a false prophet.

It starts to negate every bit of their religious origins text in the OT. The prophets they try to quote right now, by their insistence that the Jesus is the Messiah and will be here a second time, makes those OT prophets they rely on...

False.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#519041 Apr 12, 2013
Hi, allow me to invite you to a nice community:
_ Uniformedmate. com _ no ads, no scammers.(civilian

looking to meet someone in the military).It is the worlds largest military and armed forces community and this site online with over 4 million members.Com e in and stay a while. Complete your profile. You will find someone you like here(

http://www.uniformedmate.com

Fennario

#519042 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
We have learned, at times order will return to the thread quicker and easier if we choose our battles wisely. And occasionally becoming involved in the escapades of SkomDude just isn't worth it. Sometimes it's just easier to plow around the stump.
I think that the Christians here did just that - whatever was easiest. I told them that I needed a little more from them, and I told them why. I even mentioned that in my opinion, it was Christianity that led to the German people sitting idly by and watching Hitler without objection, and I predicted that I would see the same here. I told them that they were being tested and studied.

I also predicted that Dim would forgive himself and never apologize for his errors or the slander that followed them.

I was correct on both counts. No biggie. I already knew that.

But now, the Christians are objecting to my characterization of them as morally lazy, and to my giving Dim a helping of what he dishes out. The time to care about those things was then, not now. Obviously, I'm not really predisposed to compromising with them now.
hick-up wrote:
Don't take everything so personal.
Being called a liar is personal. As you saw, the Dimwit hammered at it for months. Now, I am showing him that that knife is a double edged blade, that anybody can trash another poster, and hoping to convince him that he should be more careful in the future with others.

These are Golden Rule people, so I'm pretty sure they want me to treat them the same as they treat others. You don't object, do you?

Incidentally, I provided a simple and easy solution to Dim for resolving all of this - to beseech my forgiveness for his bad manners. He preferred war, so you needn't feel sorry for him.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#519043 Apr 12, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>'In the beginning GOD created the Heavens and the EARTH.

You cannot ever prove that GOD didn't CREATE ALL and you can NEVER prove that GOD doesn't exist.

By FAITH we have this PROOF.

'But without FAITH it is impossible to please HIM, for he who comes to GOD must believe that He is a rewarder of those who DILIGENTLY , SEEK Him.

With GOD, ALL things are possible.
Actually, you can't prove any of that.
See, saying that your proof is "believing without proof" is a logical fallacy.

Montreal

#519044 Apr 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>As long as Christians can call homosexuality a sin, then no problem.
So you promote the hate against homosexual individuals, right?

Montreal

#519045 Apr 12, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're smart enough to realize the more you speak out against bible verses, the more you will see them right?

You do know that I hope. For example:
1st Cor.1:18
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
[[
I think that verse applies to the likes of you.

Now I don't write verses that much. But guess what, if bible verses gets under your skin, then you will continue to see them, until you learn how to not let them get under your skin.

And we will know that, when you stop complaining.

You actually thought complaining about bible verses to Christians, would lessen the use of bible verses??? ROFL!!iyai!!lol. You starting to get quite amusing fella or you're rather clueless.
That's all you have as comebacks.
You don't have any real answers so you retort with quoted parables.

Montreal

#519046 Apr 12, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't worry about it Adam, people on topix always play these little tricks to be malicious, as long as they cannot duplicate your IP address then it won't work for them. you may want to consider registering an account with topix, that would make it even harder for them to try to imitate you.

Peace.
Aww, the bigots are bonding!

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#519047 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I looked at them, but still didn't find what you are calling a lie.
In the future, please include the link. Giving me the only post number when you're looking at the link and could easily copy and paste it here seems a little lazy or inconsiderate.
These are the links to the two posts you just mentioned.
I couldn't see a lie there. I've added a couple more posts to help clarify what happened :
From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
NoStress4me: "Find myself wondering at the very idea of where Christian opinion is welcome on here"
IANS: "Your Christian opinion is welcome in your home and church. I suggest you consider confining it to those places."
From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
hick-up: "With the thousands of threads available on Topix you show up here to tell these folks they have no right to be here."
IANS: "You must be confused. I said and say no such thing."
From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
hick-up: "So you are a liar. Confine yourself!"
As best I can tell, you morphed my answer to NoStress' question of where Christian opinion is welcome into telling her that she has no right to be here, accused me of posting the latter, and then called me a liar for disagreeing that I had.
Is that correct? Did you change what was essentially 'consider that your Christian opinions would be more welcome in a place for just Christians' to 'you have no right to post an opinion on this thread'?
I should tell you that this has been a running theme in this thread for as long as I've been here: somebody misunderstanding or misrepresenting another poster, and then calling that poster a liar for not agreeing with that mistake. That is exactly what the Dimwit did repeatedly.
Do you still say that I lied here?
Good morning ....
Ians, if I may call you that ...
Have you ever considered a hooker? You know, a prostitute ...to maybe aid you in alleviating some of your frustrations.
Or perhaps just a good ol fashioned juice fast.

Montreal

#519048 Apr 12, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>simplyput wrote, "<quoted text>
You cannot comprehend the Bible IF you don't BELIEVE in the Bible.
"

Hahahahaha
That's exactly like saying that you can't go to a nuthouse and understand crazy babble unless you BELIEVE the crazy babble.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#519049 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Really? And is that your full answer?
<quoted text>
In King James English? You're asking me if I think that the bible was written in English?
<quoted text>
I wouldn't consider such writings useful.
<quoted text>
My life is made more full by reflection on the events in it.
moving along ...

Montreal

#519050 Apr 12, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Here's an even better question.

Why would a supreme, omnipotent being decide that what it needed to do in order to appease itself was to sacrifice itself to itself to save it's own creations from the wrath of itself?

Has logic and all reasonable plausibility flown out the door for those of you who believe the fantastical story?

As far as deity stories goes, it's a doozy, and just because of that one part.

<the supreme deity> "I know!.... I'll clone myself and call myself "my son", then arrange it to where I get killed, but that death will actually be a required sacrifice of myself to myself as payment for "sins", a concept I alone have defined, thereby removing my anger and desire to destroy my creations..."
I never actually thought of it like that.
That's hilarious!

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#519051 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Allow me. It was no bother at all. The coins became religious tracts in 1864, the paper currency in 1957. Here's a chronology of various incursions by the church into the state :
THE DESECULARIZATION OF AMERICA
[thanks to Topix poster Hedonist]
[A] March 4, 1789 - secular U.S. government established.
[B] June 7, 1797 Treaty of Tripoli endorsed our secular foundation.
Then came the erosion:
[1] 1864 –“In god We trust” added to coins
[2] 1870 - Christmas was declared a federal holiday by Congress
[3] April 17, 1952 - a National Day of Prayer established
[4] 1954 - "under god" was added to the Pledge, changing America from one nation, indivisible, into one nation, divided by religion.
[5] 1956 - "In god we trust" made the national motto
[6] 1957 - "In god we trust" added to the paper currency
[7] 1987 –“No, I don't know that atheists should be regarded as citizens, nor should they be regarded as patriotic. This is one nation under God.”- George H. W. Bush
[8] 2001 - White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives (OFBCI)
<quoted text>
Once again, I prefer to put a little more thought into these things. It appears that you don't care what the currency says. If that's the case, perhaps you'll support an effort to change the inscription to "We Trust In No Gods"
What GOV folks do, they do for their benefit ...makes no difference if or where I lend my support.

When Gov people added God to money they had an agenda. When they remove it, again it will be to their benefit.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#519052 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
It's not relevant to our discussion, or if it is, you need to tell me how. As you just said, "no I'm not gonna look it up for you or anybody else" - not without a good reason. It's a LOT of material, and not really very interesting.
But I did a cursory search and found a few links for you anyway. I can show you some of the original disputes where Dim confuses what he thinks he remembers I said and calls me a liar based on his damaged comprehension and memory.
This is Dim confusing the words "proof" and "evidence." I said one, he converted it to the other, and then calledme a liar for objecting:
Here's me asking Dim to back up his claims with links.
Here's Dim refusing to back up his claim:
Perhaps this will give you a flavor for our history. The argument resumes months later on this thread, when he finally produced a link and a quote of my actual words. Here is a part of that series of exchanges:
You are correct ...BORING ...
I was satisfied with the reply you gave yesterday.
moving along ...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#519053 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning ....
Ians, if I may call you that ...
Have you ever considered a hooker? You know, a prostitute ...to maybe aid you in alleviating some of your frustrations.
Or perhaps just a good ol fashioned juice fast.
ROFLMCAOLOL!!!!!!

*my coffee just came out nose*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min ROCCO 48,368
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 105,566
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Rosa_Winkel 971,619
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Just Think 646,489
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min onemale 281,238
REJECT Muslim Refugees in Europe! Send Them Home! (Sep '15) 34 min solidarity 37
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 38 min Tboyslick125 151
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Freebird USA 182,639
More from around the web