Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#519017 Apr 11, 2013
Why shouldn't Jesus love you?

Location hidden

#519018 Apr 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I apologize for any misunderstanding my friend, it is true that we all are Blessed with the breath of life that comes from God only, in that regard I can agree here, it is not wrong or NOT being humble to acknowledge that we do have that special Blessing of God through Jesus Christ, this is the confidence that is required to know that our running would not be in vain, if I can't have that confidence that what I am living in Christ is not in vain, then why bother trying to live Holy, the Bible says let the redeemed of the Lord say so, And I thank him greatly for allowing me to travel this Holy highway, as a song says that we sang often,'keep me on this Holy highway, I don't want to stumble, I don't want to fall'.........
1 John 5:13-15
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
14 And this is the confidence that we have in [1] him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
This is just what I believe my friend what the Word teaches and I witness it's truth and authenticity through Christ's spirit,
Again have a Blessed day my friend.
Well said!

Location hidden

#519020 Apr 11, 2013
Just Wondering wrote:
I'm human and without thinking, I probably sin once or twice a day. One of my worst is impatience. Another is gossip. Let's face it, we all gossip and sometimes don't even realize we're doing it, like "did you hear about so and so whos name is in the paper" and that's after it's been passed along nine or ten times. Another is envy, especially when I hear of someone who has won the lottery and I think "Why them instead of me?" Laziness is another. I find myself picking up the tv remote instead of picking up the Bible and searching for the answer to a question that is bothering me and asking for guidance. I could go on and on but in my heart, Jesus and God are very important to me and I feel that I am loved in spite of the fact that I have to apologize to Him every day, sometimes more than once even though I feel in my heart that I don't deserve the love and peace that follow. Anyhow, JMHO. Blessings to all, I for one am going to work on those that I have mentioned and hopefully be a better person for it.
Very well said!

Location hidden

#519021 Apr 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I apologize for any misunderstanding my friend, it is true that we all are Blessed with the breath of life that comes from God only, in that regard I can agree here, it is not wrong or NOT being humble to acknowledge that we do have that special Blessing of God through Jesus Christ, this is the confidence that is required to know that our running would not be in vain, if I can't have that confidence that what I am living in Christ is not in vain, then why bother trying to live Holy, the Bible says let the redeemed of the Lord say so, And I thank him greatly for allowing me to travel this Holy highway, as a song says that we sang often,'keep me on this Holy highway, I don't want to stumble, I don't want to fall'.........
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
14 And this is the confidence that we have in [1] him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
This is just what I believe my friend what the Word teaches and I witness it's truth and authenticity through Christ's spirit,
Have a Blessed day my friend

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#519022 Apr 11, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
All these trolls on here that don't want to read scriptures, reminds me of children, saying --'your not playing the games I want to play, just what you aduts want to play!''thats not fair'!-- lol
Good early morning SP. Like we said before, they simply cannot come up to the conversation of Bible based things because they have rejected that experience in Jesus Christ, so they are just unable to relate and so they feel that they have to dismiss and try to tear it down, really sad.

Have a Blessed day SP.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#519023 Apr 11, 2013
hick-up wrote:
So you are a liar. Confine yourself!
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Lying? Enlighten me. Please take me to my lie.
hick-up wrote:
Read post 518538. Pay attention to your quote ...(that would be the italicized portion). Here you suggest Christians "confine" their practice to their homes and church.
Then read 518539. Here you claim you never said it.
I looked at them, but still didn't find what you are calling a lie.

In the future, please include the link. Giving me the only post number when you're looking at the link and could easily copy and paste it here seems a little lazy or inconsiderate.

These are the links to the two posts you just mentioned.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

I couldn't see a lie there. I've added a couple more posts to help clarify what happened :

From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

NoStress4me: "Find myself wondering at the very idea of where Christian opinion is welcome on here"

IANS: "Your Christian opinion is welcome in your home and church. I suggest you consider confining it to those places."

From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

hick-up: "With the thousands of threads available on Topix you show up here to tell these folks they have no right to be here."

IANS: "You must be confused. I said and say no such thing."

From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :

hick-up: "So you are a liar. Confine yourself!"

As best I can tell, you morphed my answer to NoStress' question of where Christian opinion is welcome into telling her that she has no right to be here, accused me of posting the latter, and then called me a liar for disagreeing that I had.

Is that correct? Did you change what was essentially 'consider that your Christian opinions would be more welcome in a place for just Christians' to 'you have no right to post an opinion on this thread'?

I should tell you that this has been a running theme in this thread for as long as I've been here: somebody misunderstanding or misrepresenting another poster, and then calling that poster a liar for not agreeing with that mistake. That is exactly what the Dimwit did repeatedly.

Do you still say that I lied here?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519024 Apr 11, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
Thank you.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519025 Apr 11, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a Blessed day my friend
You do likewise Chaumette. Peace.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#519026 Apr 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good early morning SP. Like we said before, they simply cannot come up to the conversation of Bible based things because they have rejected that experience in Jesus Christ, so they are just unable to relate and so they feel that they have to dismiss and try to tear it down, really sad.
Have a Blessed day SP.
yes, this is true--

late---goodnight

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519027 Apr 11, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, this is true--
late---goodnight
Goodnight.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#519028 Apr 11, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
Why shouldn't Jesus love you?
Here's an even better question.

Why would a supreme, omnipotent being decide that what it needed to do in order to appease itself was to sacrifice itself to itself to save it's own creations from the wrath of itself?

Has logic and all reasonable plausibility flown out the door for those of you who believe the fantastical story?

As far as deity stories goes, it's a doozy, and just because of that one part.

<the supreme deity> "I know!.... I'll clone myself and call myself "my son", then arrange it to where I get killed, but that death will actually be a required sacrifice of myself to myself as payment for "sins", a concept I alone have defined, thereby removing my anger and desire to destroy my creations..."

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#519029 Apr 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
I know all that you say to me brother... it is no different now or ever has been for me. I have my reasons in this time, and will not go ahead of him here, but wait... I too acknowledge him as you do, and he knows that, as it was so in the beginning... Do not imagine into anything I share with you, for it would only cause me to repeat.
I think you for your ears as I have shared, and in the end you will know why.
God Bless my fiend and be at Peace on these things... it is in deed a wondrous thing. Simply know...
Matthew 24
" 32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 so likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors."

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#519030 Apr 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Only after Toto and the Tin Man each spend a vacation in the Bahamas and that's if, and I must stress, if, the prophecy of the cow jumping over the moon is fulfilled.
I'm missing a dish and a spoon.

I don't know where they ran off to.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519031 Apr 12, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all that you say to me brother... it is no different now or ever has been for me. I have my reasons in this time, and will not go ahead of him here, but wait... I too acknowledge him as you do, and he knows that, as it was so in the beginning... Do not imagine into anything I share with you, for it would only cause me to repeat.
I think you for your ears as I have shared, and in the end you will know why.
God Bless my fiend and be at Peace on these things... it is in deed a wondrous thing. Simply know...
Matthew 24
" 32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 so likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors."
God Bless you you in all things Irrira, Turning in shortly. Peace be.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#519032 Apr 12, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> God Bless you you in all things Irrira, Turning in shortly. Peace be.
Rest well my friend. Your 3 am!
I too am about to do the same.
Blessings and Peace.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#519033 Apr 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm missing a dish and a spoon.
I don't know where they ran off to.
As it was foretold, and came to pass - after the little dog laughed - the dish ran >away< with the spoon.

Previously, that dang ole' cat, with the fiddle.

Like it was a party or some kind of blasphemous fun thing.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#519034 Apr 12, 2013
*the craft

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#519035 Apr 12, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Rest well my friend. Your 3 am!
I too am about to do the same.
Blessings and Peace.
hu

Fennario

#519036 Apr 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Would it be vain to say that I am more moral than your god?- a LOT more.
hick-up wrote:
IMO, yes.
Really? And is that your full answer?
hick-up wrote:
The writers of the Bible had an agenda, just as the many translators had/have an agenda. The King James is the most widely publicized version. Do you think the original cavemen writers talked that way?
In King James English? You're asking me if I think that the bible was written in English?
hick-up wrote:
Do I believe in a Supernatural Being?
Yes.
Does He/She/It live within the pages of a book?
No.
Did He/She/It inspire the writings?
Some perhaps.
I wouldn't consider such writings useful.
hick-up wrote:
Frankly my life is too full to give it much thought.
My life is made more full by reflection on the events in it.

Fennario

#519037 Apr 12, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Printing "In God We Trust" on money is fairly new ...started during the Civil War I think ...I could be wrong ...and no I'm not gonna look it up for you or anybody else.
Allow me. It was no bother at all. The coins became religious tracts in 1864, the paper currency in 1957. Here's a chronology of various incursions by the church into the state :

THE DESECULARIZATION OF AMERICA
[thanks to Topix poster Hedonist]

[A] March 4, 1789 - secular U.S. government established.
[B] June 7, 1797 Treaty of Tripoli endorsed our secular foundation.

Then came the erosion:

[1] 1864 –“In god We trust” added to coins
[2] 1870 - Christmas was declared a federal holiday by Congress
[3] April 17, 1952 - a National Day of Prayer established
[4] 1954 - "under god" was added to the Pledge, changing America from one nation, indivisible, into one nation, divided by religion.
[5] 1956 - "In god we trust" made the national motto
[6] 1957 - "In god we trust" added to the paper currency
[7] 1987 –“No, I don't know that atheists should be regarded as citizens, nor should they be regarded as patriotic. This is one nation under God.”- George H. W. Bush
[8] 2001 - White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives (OFBCI)
hick-up wrote:
Again, I'm thankful to have a little money regardless.
Once again, I prefer to put a little more thought into these things. It appears that you don't care what the currency says. If that's the case, perhaps you'll support an effort to change the inscription to "We Trust In No Gods"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chub pig bttm lookin for filthy chat few limits 1 min ohiokid2007 1
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 3 min Peter Ross 809
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min hojo 654,062
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 5 min Johnny 1,012
first time anal 7 min andy 8
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 26 min Johnny 244
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 35 min Matthew Shepard 64,072
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 57 min male 106,510
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 973,819
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 13 hr Clive 80
More from around the web