Why Should Jesus Love Me?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#518995 Apr 11, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Does anyone here believe there will be a pre tribulation rapture?
lol--never heard of this

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#518996 Apr 11, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
lol--never heard of this
Oh...LOL... ok, I just saw this doco talking about all these books and movies that have come out since the 1800s, that have led American Christians believing the rapture will happen before the tribulation period. Thing is, that's not what the Bible says, Rapture happens after Tribulation as a final test (I think) and also to show His people that we were told and those who persevere and know that The Lord has overcome this world, are the elect.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#518997 Apr 11, 2013
*to believe

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#518998 Apr 11, 2013
I'm gone 10-4 latters
Time to find a soft pillow.
G-night

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#518999 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Tell me, what evidence do you think you have that deities don't exist.
Again? Why bother answering this over and over and over and over again? Really? Why bother?

Short answer: that's not my claim, and it's not the question that needs to be answered.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#519000 Apr 11, 2013
Adam wrote:
@LAWEST100
Last I checked the thread is homosexuality a sin? Beside me there is a guy probably a homosexual gay guy or lesbian I am not sure, who uses my nick name with forgein proxies pretending being me and writing shit etc. Don´t mistake me with him.
I wouldn't worry about it Adam, people on topix always play these little tricks to be malicious, as long as they cannot duplicate your IP address then it won't work for them. you may want to consider registering an account with topix, that would make it even harder for them to try to imitate you.

Peace.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#519001 Apr 11, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...LOL... ok, I just saw this doco talking about all these books and movies that have come out since the 1800s, that have led American Christians believing the rapture will happen before the tribulation period. Thing is, that's not what the Bible says, Rapture happens after Tribulation as a final test (I think) and also to show His people that we were told and those who persevere and know that The Lord has overcome this world, are the elect.
I guess where that came from is Rapture occurs BEFORE tribulation and the Tribulation BEFORE the Millenial sign of Jesus return

Some scriptures of interest Matthew 13:24-30, 13:36-39
2 Thessalonians 2:9

Jesus will return AFTER Satan does his lying wonders----read some of Daniel 9

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#519002 Apr 11, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks,
Thought I'd ask!
You, like many others on this thread that profess belief in the GOD concept, are so,"matter of fact" as to your expression on this thread as if a GOD sent you here with a purpose of fact not belief, rather than choice. As fact, would you say something other than entertainment is being accomplished here as a result of believing in a GOD?
I know this is an entertainment site as fact, as fact, can you point out something otherwise?
Entertainment Mike can be fictional or fact, and each draws from it what they will... or choose. So in a matter of fact I simply share my experiences, and with Christians, let them also identify through even Biblical quote... as not everyone can experess what they would like to without.

I peeked in one day with no purpose at all, and almost got shot out the door very violetly for even have the tag of PW... but time brings respect agree to disagree, and harms no-one. Just as entertainment doesn't please everyone. That 'peek' carried over in fact, and whatever results is simply dielect. You know by now I don't go to church. You use the term 'purpose' as you did once before in a question to me. Nothing has changed. Even as a 5 y.o. folk thought me confident, but guess one is sure when a given role - even in entertainment fields - is established. As a matter of fact I find an in depth exchange worth sharing.

I do not pray nor read Bible either in the normal sense of what Christianity seems to, but have accumulated my own personal in depth experiences. If my believing in God came before I reached a western / European world of reading and writing - 70's - and any form of this earths entertainment only from the 80's... the internet after 2008... to topix in 2009, it is good English and writing practice, thanx to a spell check and thesaurus!
The only thing I do in here which I don't in real life, is Bible quote, and I wouldn't even know how to ask someone to pray for me...
Take care again my friend...

Fennario

#519003 Apr 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
What is complete trust? You were talking about marital trust. It is complete only in the sense that I could not trust my wife more. But it still is not religious faith, which is not only not based on evidence, but rejects contradictory evidence. If I had religious faith in my wife, it would mean that even if I walked in on her in bed with another man, that I would go on believing that she has always been faithful.
Can you admit that there is absolutely nothing that could possibly challenge your belief about your god, but that contrary evidence could change your mind about a wife?
That's one of the major differences between those two radically different concepts. One is based on evidence, is tentative, and is amenable to contradictory evidence. The other is not based on evidence, is indifferent to contradictory evidence, and is rigidly certain. One is a quality way of thinking, the other not.
Why do you insist on calling these two things by the same name in contexts where that causes ambiguity.
Did you know that there are even more definitions of faith? Consider good faith and the Jewish faith. Along with the other two, that's four meanings for the word right there.
You could say that I lost faith in Jehovah-Jesus and in the church, but those are two completely different things, like saying that someone had a shot at stardom and a shot at somebody else's head.
The first was loss of religious faith - the ending of belief without evidence. The second was the loss of trust, which was evidence based. I realized that the god didn't exist, and that the church couldn't be trusted.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Way to go, professor. You just rambled on to define a homonym.
Is that right? Where? Which words define homonym?

I'm guessing that you didn't understand the post. You didn't seem to be able to identify the questions. They are the sentences with the squiggly little "?"s at the end :
What is complete trust?
< silence >
Can you admit that there is absolutely nothing that could possibly challenge your belief about your god, but that contrary evidence could change your mind about a wife?
< complete silence >
Why do you insist on calling these two things by the same name in contexts where that causes ambiguity.

< utter silence >

You seem to think that your questions deserve answers - several times in many cases - but that you are free to ignore questions yourself.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519004 Apr 11, 2013
To IRRIRA:

Good evening / afternoon my friend, hope you are doing well today.

I can't quite agree with all of your post above concerning 'everyone being Blessed with the spirit of God', the closest thing that would come to being correct is that we are all Blessed together as far as the natural things of this life goes, Christ said that God makes the sun to shine and the rain to fall on the just as well as the unjust, but as far as the spiritual goes........God made up a special people unto himself before the foundation of the world, which merely mean he knew before hand who will obey him and who would not, and so he put that extra 'something' in his people, Jesus said that if he be lifted up from the earth he will draw all men unto him, but sadly not many are going to take that gracious offer unto themselves perfering their own pernicious ways instead going about their own way in life, the Word also speaks of evil men who crepted in unaware who pre-ordained to this condemnation as well.

So many are UNblessed by their own choice in the only way that truly matters.

Peace and Blessings sister.

Fennario

#519007 Apr 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
No need, you do that all by yourself. LOL
Le_le wrote:
I'd much rather read what IANS has to say over what you do. I think you are upset he has something concrete to offer this thread.
Thanks, Le_Le
Le_le wrote:
Other than what you do.. geeze.. how many more of us want to read how smart you think you are and that soap opera
"honey I'm home" bs??
Good eye. There really is no substance there. Seriously. What substantial position has he introduced or defended? None. He just interprets Christian scripture, which appears to be of no interest to either Christians or unbelievers, and judges both camps as beneath him.
Le_le wrote:
In my opinion, honesty, you have lost alot of credibility.
His moods cycle. He's all over the place. Juice does that as well.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#519008 Apr 11, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to OVERLOOK, that we do not Beieve a word you SAY! That your words are just an INSULT .
You, Sir, were never indoctrinated in the Bible--The Bible went completely OVER your head.
You cannot comprehend the Bible IF you don't BELIEVE in the Bible.
If a speaker gets up and speaks a lecture and you don't BELIEVE in this speaker---it will just be empty words to you and you do no LISTEN to him.
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot comprehend the Bible IF you don't BELIEVE in the Bible.
Hahahahaha

Fennario

#519009 Apr 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
I'd much rather read what IANS has to say over what you do ... how many more of us want to read how smart you think you are ... you have lost alot of credibility.
G_O_D wrote:
I never accused you of being overly intelligent.
She beat you to it. She said the same thing about you first.

Doing things like immediately parroting it back to her are what she is talking about when she says that you're neither smart nor credible.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#519010 Apr 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha
It is always a good feeling to make someone laugh--even if it is a little fake laugh.

Heard the expression ' Make someone Happy'

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519011 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly hope you don't really believe that posting those verses was an adequate response to anything I said. If you do, then you are guilty of "begging the question" which is a logical error, and thus not a valid argument.
It is adequate as it is contributing to a conversation based off of our experience and knowledge in Christ of what we know to be true, you see as I've eluded to you before that you speak from whatever knowledge and experience that you have accumulated in life, same with those of us who have our combined experience in God as well as in the things of this life of which we all share, so just bare in mind that you don't control the flow of a discussion in that manner, we will conversate with you but be prepared that our way in life is shaped by our experience in Christ Jesus and there will be times when you will see Bible scripture posted and conveyed here.

I would like to quote a saying that I actually heard from an episode of the 70's comedy 'Good Times'( perhaps you would approve of this as being viable in this conversation, lol ) coming from James Evans via actor John Amos..........you see you know something because you come from one place, while I know something that because I came from another, in other words, how can you know where I'm going if you don't know where I've been, understand where I'm coming from?......end of quote, and this is a very good analogy concerning your lack of understanding the believers IN Christ walk with God.

Peace.

Fennario

#519012 Apr 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
IANS is think as a brick.
http://omgface.com/verysad/Stunned%20Bill%20O...
G_O_D wrote:
^^^thick^^^
It was funnier the other way.

Bad time for that, huh? LOL.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#519013 Apr 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
To IRRIRA:
Good evening / afternoon my friend, hope you are doing well today.
I can't quite agree with all of your post above concerning 'everyone being Blessed with the spirit of God', the closest thing that would come to being correct is that we are all Blessed together as far as the natural things of this life goes, Christ said that God makes the sun to shine and the rain to fall on the just as well as the unjust, but as far as the spiritual goes........God made up a special people unto himself before the foundation of the world, which merely mean he knew before hand who will obey him and who would not, and so he put that extra 'something' in his people, Jesus said that if he be lifted up from the earth he will draw all men unto him, but sadly not many are going to take that gracious offer unto themselves perfering their own pernicious ways instead going about their own way in life, the Word also speaks of evil men who crepted in unaware who pre-ordained to this condemnation as well.
So many are UNblessed by their own choice in the only way that truly matters.
Peace and Blessings sister.
I knew when I posted there would be misunderstanding here, but already pressed enter!
You good very early morning my friend. 4pm. Fri here.
“Everyone is blessed with the spirit of God who lives my brother... it just depends if they are aware of any support they can contribute by living with his breath.“

You will note I did not use a Cap B or S here, but refer to the spirit of Life all have... a blessing in itself in the breath which comes from God alone.

Next... I meant to say... re
“... tho the gospel writers as any 'church' will lay down their own rules for the Time that they lived in...”
should be
~~gospel readers~~
I do fully understand 'the elect'– am just not classifying myself yet worthy – as feel it is a bit presumptuous, for many will be quite shocked.
“I know you not...”
Until I must utter those words they do not come easy to even think for 'the least' among you.

Matthew 11 25 At that time Jesus answe red and said , I thank thee, O  Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the  wise and prudent, 
and hast revealed them unto babes.

Love always brother... til again.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#519014 Apr 11, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew when I posted there would be misunderstanding here, but already pressed enter!
You good very early morning my friend. 4pm. Fri here.
“Everyone is blessed with the spirit of God who lives my brother... it just depends if they are aware of any support they can contribute by living with his breath.“
You will note I did not use a Cap B or S here, but refer to the spirit of Life all have... a blessing in itself in the breath which comes from God alone.
Next... I meant to say... re
“... tho the gospel writers as any 'church' will lay down their own rules for the Time that they lived in...”
should be
~~gospel readers~~
I do fully understand 'the elect'– am just not classifying myself yet worthy – as feel it is a bit presumptuous, for many will be quite shocked.
“I know you not...”
Until I must utter those words they do not come easy to even think for 'the least' among you.
Matthew 11 25 At that time Jesus answe red and said , I thank thee, O  Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the  wise and prudent, 
and hast revealed them unto babes.
Love always brother... til again.
I apologize for any misunderstanding my friend, it is true that we all are Blessed with the breath of life that comes from God only, in that regard I can agree here, it is not wrong or NOT being humble to acknowledge that we do have that special Blessing of God through Jesus Christ, this is the confidence that is required to know that our running would not be in vain, if I can't have that confidence that what I am living in Christ is not in vain, then why bother trying to live Holy, the Bible says let the redeemed of the Lord say so, And I thank him greatly for allowing me to travel this Holy highway, as a song says that we sang often,'keep me on this Holy highway, I don't want to stumble, I don't want to fall'.........

1 John 5:13-15
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

14 And this is the confidence that we have in [1] him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

This is just what I believe my friend what the Word teaches and I witness it's truth and authenticity through Christ's spirit,

Again have a Blessed day my friend.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#519015 Apr 11, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Does anyone here believe there will be a pre tribulation rapture?
Only after Toto and the Tin Man each spend a vacation in the Bahamas and that's if, and I must stress, if, the prophecy of the cow jumping over the moon is fulfilled.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#519016 Apr 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> It is adequate as it is contributing to a conversation based off of our experience and knowledge in Christ of what we know to be true, you see as I've eluded to you before that you speak from whatever knowledge and experience that you have accumulated in life, same with those of us who have our combined experience in God as well as in the things of this life of which we all share, so just bare in mind that you don't control the flow of a discussion in that manner, we will conversate with you but be prepared that our way in life is shaped by our experience in Christ Jesus and there will be times when you will see Bible scripture posted and conveyed here.
I would like to quote a saying that I actually heard from an episode of the 70's comedy 'Good Times'( perhaps you would approve of this as being viable in this conversation, lol ) coming from James Evans via actor John Amos..........you see you know something because you come from one place, while I know something that because I came from another, in other words, how can you know where I'm going if you don't know where I've been, understand where I'm coming from?......end of quote, and this is a very good analogy concerning your lack of understanding the believers IN Christ walk with God.
Peace.
All these trolls on here that don't want to read scriptures, reminds me of children, saying --'your not playing the games I want to play, just what you aduts want to play!''thats not fair'!-- lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Robert F 654,228
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Joe Fortuna 973,879
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 5 min andy 45
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 12 min Johnny 832
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min nanoanomaly 64,210
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min Steve III 45,256
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min Toby 106,563
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 281,905
More from around the web