hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>how now brown cow
You are of your father,Daffy Duck:

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#518934 Apr 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
In my honest *opinion* your attitude towards Christians on here was formed from the get go
You are incorrect. My attitude toward the Christians here was mostly formed when none of you would take a stand for what was right regarding the Dimwit. Had anybody at all come forward then, things would have been much different. I explained it at the time: I no longer felt any duty to consider the feelings or opinions of any Christian on this thread. And I still don't.
NoStress4me wrote:
The discussion has been had several times as to why people do not respond to certain posters. Many Christians and non-Christians alike have agreed that at times it just fan’s the fire. I have already honestly apologized to you in the past, so to say that I was indifferent to you is incorrect.
I didn't ask for or require your apology. What I needed from you and/or any other Christian here was to take an impartial stand and rebuke the Dimwit. He was and is clearly in the wrong.

You made your choice. And you fanned a fire that way.

Don't worry about it. It's spilled milk now. Try to do better next time if you're displeased with the way things worked out here.

In the meantime, my relationship with Dim and with the other Christians of this thread is pretty much determined. I'm not expecting remorse from the Dimwit or for any Christian to suddenly stand up and do the right thing. It's not what you do. You all would rather be silent about the Dimwit, and Dim has long ago forgiven himself. I haven't.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518935 Apr 11, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
This might be a bit off point and will only apply to Christians in the USA. Have you heard that for the 2nd time parts of our gov, at a state level in Co. and also fed at DHS are saying Christians need to be watched. Wonder what happens if someone said oh, fill in the blank. I already know by the word it gets worse but wonder if anyone caught this?
http://www.examiner.com/article/colo-undershe...
Interesting and a little far out, Chris, but if you look at the lists of "hate groups" in the USA who claim an affiliation with Christianity, but are rabidly dangerous groups, there may be some logic in what that person was saying. Certainly from just what happened at 911, and since, with local mosques having produced terrorists - two young boys from my community here were part of the early activities of the 911 and subsequent events, and one was killed and the other (brothers) was arrested by Americans. These were local boys who had moved here from some other country with their families originally, but at the time they got quite a write up in local papers, including class group photos from their high school days here.

I think the law has to have their eyes open to any potential problem, and when one sees people, such as Fred Phelps, and others of their ilk, is it really all that strange to be conscious about what religious groups might be doing, or promoting. We know just from Topix that there are people even on here from some pretty bizarre churches.

It is sad that Christianity, one of the oldest institutions in many of our communities, has to fall into such a category, but we cannot be blind to the possibility of another 911 or another Oklahoma City bomber.

I would be upset though, if police started targeting Christians specifically for certain events. They should be open though, to reports that any religious group is involved in any anti society activities. There are dozens of such groups now active, though most of them are not affiliated with any particular church or denomination, that I have heard of.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#518936 Apr 11, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ti cket/immigration-restrictionis t-groups-hope-launch-grassroot s-revolt-against-190447654--el ection.html Here's a sad dose of REALITY of the GOP: Immigrants of color will NEVER trust what the Republican Party in America says to them,as far as trying to convince them that they 'CAN' be fair,open-minded,and unbiased. O.K.?! That's R-E-A-L-I-T-Y. O.K.?? It's WAY too late for the GOP to try to convince voters of non-European descent that they are not cold,arrogant,uncaring countryclub folks who wish many of the African Americans,and other people of color in America, would go back to their ancestor's homelands. After years and years and years of turning their noses up at voters of non-European descent,the GOP is now having to face the REALITY of millions of voter-eligible immigrants turning their noses up at THEM.
GOP,I'm just keepin' it REAL.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#518937 Apr 11, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey look it's you.
You are of Beelzebub,the chief of demons.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#518938 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.......lol
Shouldn't that be "atheism is based on *no* proof"?
You claim that there's no proof....
Do you believe in unicorns and spaghetti monsters?
If you don't, then that's simply your faith in the lack of their existence.

See how stupid that sounds? That's what you're saying.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#518939 Apr 11, 2013
Truths wrote:
News flash for Christians :
We have to remember that Jesus KNOWS our battles- and that we must practice
what He preached.
In honoring this: we are submitting to be MORE like Jesus-
and will grow in our skills as siblings in Christ .
Enabling our souls to be more at peace when wrongly treated by the 'lost'.
Able to be an example to the guilty party- able to pray for them to be found.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember when we shared that kind of Love? And the music?
Miss you Sister Friend but understand you have more to do since those day... Just know you are never forgotten, and God Bless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QPi5G3WjK94XX
(((*()*))) hugs xx
Truths wrote:
I don't wanna read 720 posts since yesterday!!!
(((((((EVERYBODY))))))))))
Hey you! News Flash!
Good excuse to say I love you too.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#518940 Apr 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Sure it is. You teach each other by example, as do we.
What is this need you have ...you v. we, us v. them ...why are you compelled to separate people into groups?

Right goes to work, left to the gas chambers.

When in the world and you look upon someone, do you immediately begin to assess the individuals worth or value to the whole of the human species? I ask because you appear to fixate on categorization. It's as if you don't see individuals ...you see specimens. To you the macro is a scary ordeal.

Am I close or have I sinned?
Doctor REALITY

United States

#518941 Apr 11, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ti cket/immigration-restrictionis t-groups-hope-launch-grassroot s-revolt-against-190447654--el ection.html Here's a sad dose of REALITY for the GOP: Immigrants of color will NEVER trust what the Republican Party in America says to them,as far as the GOP trying to convince them that they 'CAN' be fair,open-minded,and unbiased is concerned. After years and years and years of turning their noses up at voters of non-European descent,the GOP is now having to face the REALITY of millions of voter-eligible immigrants turning their noses up at THEM.
:(
Doctor REALITY

United States

#518942 Apr 11, 2013
You call me an 'Oreo Cookie',BOWY??!
Doctor REALITY

United States

#518943 Apr 11, 2013
Who you callin' a 'Zebra',you backwoods country bumpkin'??!

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#518944 Apr 11, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
nah nah nah nah... it's Friday Bro! And 10:30 am too.
Been reading you and thanx for your contribution... well understood.~~smooch~~
~shucks~
~blush~

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#518945 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. My attitude toward the Christians here was mostly formed when none of you would take a stand for what was right regarding the Dimwit. Had anybody at all come forward then, things would have been much different. I explained it at the time: I no longer felt any duty to consider the feelings or opinions of any Christian on this thread. And I still don't.
<quoted text>
I didn't ask for or require your apology. What I needed from you and/or any other Christian here was to take an impartial stand and rebuke the Dimwit. He was and is clearly in the wrong.
You made your choice. And you fanned a fire that way.
Don't worry about it. It's spilled milk now. Try to do better next time if you're displeased with the way things worked out here.
In the meantime, my relationship with Dim and with the other Christians of this thread is pretty much determined. I'm not expecting remorse from the Dimwit or for any Christian to suddenly stand up and do the right thing. It's not what you do. You all would rather be silent about the Dimwit, and Dim has long ago forgiven himself. I haven't.
Bwwaaaaa-haaa-haaa-haaaaaaa ...

Sh!t fire Jocko ...if no one cared then, do you think you're continued rants will make'em care now.
I believe you to be quite mad.

Are you a soc?
Do you know Steve or 777?
Adam

Germany

#518946 Apr 11, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You are of Beelzebub,the chief of demons.
It is still you.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#518947 Apr 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 2:28 And I will give him the morning star.
29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
... and
2/7 "To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."

11 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death."

17 “To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.”

*3/5 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."

12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

21 "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."

And to all 7...
“He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.”

16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

How much has misconstrued the 'morning star'?
I know what it means to you and me as equally as does... the rest.
Amen Sister Friend... keep flying with the angels!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#518948 Apr 11, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
~shucks~
~blush~
(((*()*))) koala hugs

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#518949 Apr 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>One can only wonder at people being so scared?
Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Let us give them Prayers and Scriptures, showing them that there is nothing to be scared of......
Tis nothing to fear or be scared of.
Tis the difference of walking in the dark,
verses walking in the light.
Scripture can be a way of life.
Prayer is the direct line to love.
God bless.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#518950 Apr 11, 2013
Re-post Chris.
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>True. We have a few bibles in our church that are older than this nation. His word stands firm forever!
I have seen some illustration in some of those old ones. Enough to scare the living daylights outa any devil!
~H~A~P~P~Y~~B~I~R~T~H~D~A~Y~~C ~H~R~I~S~
http://www.godtube.com/watch/...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#518951 Apr 11, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus loves me.
Ooh, Ramón is gonna be maaaadd...

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#518952 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I disagree that religion cannot or must not be private.
I don't see why being part of the human experience and man's history makes it a public matter.Hemorrhoids are part of the human experience and man's history, too.<quoted text>

.. do you advocate schools quit teaching mythology? How can Mayan history be taught without touching on their religious beliefs ??..

.. we're in a public discussion forum where people's religious views are the very basis for much of their reasoning, a place where everyone has a right to voice their thoughts. To confine such free flow to homes and churches is in direct contradiction to our constitution ..

.. besides, if believers are told they must keep it private, they will go underground. I'd rather know what they're thinking ..

[QUOTE who="It aint necessarily so"]<quoted text>
I don't think so. I think it's more like telling gays to confine sexual acts to their private spaces.
.. there is a direct correlation. For thousands of years, homosexuals were only open about their orientation in the privacy of their homes and in gay clubs. Are you advocating Christians go into the closet ??..
<quoted text>
I don't see where that comes from. We would not have the freedoms that we enjoy today had we not had vigorous secularists neutering the church and forcing it out of government.
.. my understanding is somewhat different. During the first constitutional convention, the very idea of who would say an opening prayer was in dispute. A Baptist, a Presbyterian? It was only after much negotiation that our forefathers agreed the prayer would be non-denominational, the very idea of a state-sponsored church was rejected and the beginning of a secular government was formed ..

.. if I'm incorrect, please clarify my understanding ..
<quoted text>
I think you give religion a lot of undeserved credit.
.. perhaps but religion is not about to go away in the near future so a peaceful co-existence must be attained. We cannot continue down the path of Muslims declaring Christians infidels or Christians detesting atheists. We both know where that leads ..
<quoted text>I don't see any loss to anybody if religion disappeared from the earth except to the parasitic priestly class.
.. since religion is not going to disappear, we must find a way to live peacefully with what we have ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Catcher1 56,439
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Anthony MN 650,822
Men in womens clothes (May '12) 27 min jane 6
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min Nacked Truth 106,102
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min Nacked Truth 45,015
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,362
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 2 hr Clover 213
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 182,992
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr brandy trujillo 971,898
More from around the web