Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#518823 Apr 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not suicidal Wasup. If I was going to be I would have already considered that before now. Since I know first hand what affects that can leave on others...it is NOT an option for me.
I also do not consider myself destitute. Though I don't have a lot...I have all that I need. I have much more than many do.
Did God not make the sun that warms our face and the moon that streaks the midnight sky? They are just two of the gifts that have been given to us that binds us all as one.
The sun is the same sun that warmed the faces of our ancestors since the beginning of time. The moon is the same moon that those shepherds used to watch their flock by night.
We are bound to those that came before us as we will be bound to those that come after us by the sun and the moon. Just think...the Jesus that you believe in...looked at the same sun...the same moon...that you now gaze upon.
Despite our differences...the color of our skin...different beliefs...we all share the same sun...the same moon. When you feel the warmth of the sun on your face...remember...it also warms the face of others that might be different...yet the same as you.
There is so much that we share...the water that laps at your ankles as you stand along the waters edge...the cool breezes that dries the sweat on a hot blistery day...the air that we breath...it all unites us...gives us that common bond.
good grief! i'm convinced that you're missing the program 'chip' that processes common sense and sarcasim.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#518824 Apr 11, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean there won't be any target practice?
~grumble-snort-stomp~
Oh, no!

Target practice, as usual, will be in the Upper Forty.

Police up your brass, please.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#518825 Apr 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>LupyLu wrote, " Writers through divine prophecy, call you those things, God calls you those things in warnings to believers. No one here wrote anything in the Bible. "

And now they choose biblical scriptures to send a message of THEIR choosing. If you think that they aren't held accountable for the things that they CHOOSE to post, think again.

What if I posted an offensive quotation now? What if right after posting that I felt like I wasn't getting through toyou, I added this:

"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein

Don't blame me, Juice - I didn't write it! It's just a great writer speaking from beyond the grave. Blame him.

What do you think about that?
Fair point. All I'm saying is that people choose to do that, it is not taught in the Bible, the very opposite is actually taught.

Good quote.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#518826 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I perhaps should save that comment, enlarge it to poster size, and have Staples or Walmart, which are nearby, print it for me, so I can hang it on my wall. I have not been called an asset many times in my life. I do appreciate your saying that.:)
Maybe she made a spelling error and it came out "asset."

Just kidding boooots, I have great respect for you.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#518827 Apr 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Because you are special.

ROFLMAO

Thanks for the excellent example of hypocricy.
LOL

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#518828 Apr 11, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Lawest ...
Okay you're right, Cheriann isn't new ...but how could HL know that?
It's not so much what you say, but how you say it that is one of their chief complaints ...I think. I understand you don't agree with HL's lifestyle ...I'm not wild about it myself ...But that's not my sword to wield.
Regardless, she is a human being first ...and should be treated as such. Do unto others; not just straight people.
Did you read the article Annie posted the other day about the treatment of others? I certainly hope you will.
I didn't say anything that wasn't true HU, and saw nothing wrong with the way that I communicated it to her, it was apparent that she didn't know that Cheriann wasn't new which was why I pointed it out to her, if you thought that my approach to her was wrong, then what do you think of her greeting someone who she thought was new with the line of offering her the "HL experience"?.........did you find THAT nice and practical?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#518829 Apr 11, 2013

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#518830 Apr 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd much rather read what IANS has to say over what you do.
I think you are upset he has something concrete to offer this thread..
Other than what you do.. geeze.. how many more of us want to
read how smart you think you are and that soap opera
"honey I'm home" bs??
In my opinion, honesty, you have lost alot of credibility.
Of course you do, because you are just as much an unbeliever as he is.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#518831 Apr 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>"we", LOL. somehow you can't seem to grasp just how irrelevant you are. No one cares much what someone of irrelevance does or says, and you're irrelevant.

I seem hot and bothered? iyai!lol You're projecting, and Skombolis would agree. Your venom hate and anger is an amusing spectacle to see.
Not sure about amusing Tri. He's either a robo blogger or in desperate need of Psychiatric help. It's a bit of a worry actually.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#518832 Apr 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, no!
Target practice, as usual, will be in the Upper Forty.
Police up your brass, please.
Excellent!
I'll be sure to polish the lens on my spotters scope. How far would you say that pool is from the range?
Adam

#518833 Apr 11, 2013
The gay agenda are criminals who operate above the laws trying to remove the sin of homosexuality from the bible and make it acceptable in th public.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#518834 Apr 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Learned behavior is generally learned from example, not words. If the words back up the example, they can help with the education.

But when the actions contradict the words, one learns the action, which now includes hypocrisy.

The Christians here say some of the worst things to unbelievers, and teach each other to do the same by that example. Those of you who don't contribute also don't speak out. With nobody objecting, the message is tacit assent.

Christians see some of the most vile people elevated to the highest ranks of their religion - people like Falwell and Robertson, two of the most successful and powerful televangelists of the last few decades. They and people like them rage at unbelievers from satellite feeds in low earth orbit 24/7.

That's all teaching - by example.

How about the all of that lying for Jesus? I have never heard anybody say that it's OK to lie for Jesus. But with so many doing it not only without any rebuke from their own, but with praise and encouragement, it says that that it is a fine thing to do.
Ok. I don't think it's fine, thanks for clarifying :)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518835 Apr 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>iyai!!!You still have not specified the myths you're referring to. And I have informed you to what the word "specific" means. So that leads me to believe you're being either dishonest or are unsure of your facts and do not want to be specific for fear of losing face. Either way it looks bad on your part.
There is evidence that Jesus lived and did all those miracles in the bible. Sure prophets did some of those miracles, but only God can come back from the dead.
And actually it's established fact that most of what happened in the bible after the reign of David happened, including the life of Jesus:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/back_to_t...
So your lack of faith, is your doing. You simply do not want to believe. That is a choice [you]made.
I had just finished a long reply to that post with some examples, and was just cutting some of your quote to keep within the allowed maximum, and proof-reading what I had type, when my browser, Mozilla Firefox, crashed. I restarted it and restored what I had previously had opened, hoping it had kept my post, as has been the case a few times, but while looking for it, it crashed the second time, and now I have no record of my reply, nor do I have the patience to re-type. I should learn to type long replies on Wordpad or Notepad and save them frequently, so that I won't lose them, but I failed to do that this time.

Suffice it to say that I had given several examples, previously posted many times on Topix, and also stated that none of the things you claim are known facts are actually known facts.

If even some of them were known facts the word 'faith' would be irrelevant to this topic, and also the topic of proving God would not exist, as that would have already been done.

Okay I just saved up to the end of the last sentence on Wordpad, so at least if my browser crashes again I will have most of this post left.
Adam

#518836 Apr 11, 2013
@Lawest100

How you doing buddy. It seems like that this thread needs more heroes like we.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#518837 Apr 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she made a spelling error and it came out "asset."
Just kidding boooots, I have great respect for you.
pfffft.... Speak for yourself.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#518838 Apr 11, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about amusing Tri. He's either a robo blogger or in desperate need of Psychiatric help. It's a bit of a worry actually.
maybe, but what can we do? just like all of us, he has to attend to the affairs behind and off this billboard.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#518839 Apr 11, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Lawest100
How you doing buddy. It seems like that this thread needs more heroes like we.
It certainly wouldn't hurt Adam. I'm doing fine, and yourself?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518840 Apr 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand that, but to a Christian as you know it’s not just a book. At times the exact words we are looking for are found in Scripture, so we post it as our thoughts on the subject. I am not trying to argue with you boooots, just giving my opinion as well. It’s good to read you again, it had been a while.
Thanks for the comments. I have been on most days, though I might have missed a day or two while on vacation, and with one of the main people, who took much of my time previously, now only posting infrequently on Topix, I sometimes don't see anything to reply to. She usually addressed me, so I would usually reply to her.

Likely you are aware of who I speak, the lady of many aliases, who denied all of the aliases but eventually had to admit she was being deceitful.

I am guessing she may finally have had a change of heart about her frequently posting here, which totaled somewhere in the 60,000 posts range (likely higher if counting all of the various aliases together).

Though I was very concerned with her and with what she posted, I must admit she took up too much of my time, which I am guilty of permitting her to do. Because I did that some others who are frequent posters did not get much of my time, to even read their posts, so I am a bit slow to catch on to what some of them are saying.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#518841 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I had just finished a long reply to that post with some examples, and was just cutting some of your quote to keep within the allowed maximum, and proof-reading what I had type, when my browser, Mozilla Firefox, crashed. I restarted it and restored what I had previously had opened, hoping it had kept my post, as has been the case a few times, but while looking for it, it crashed the second time, and now I have no record of my reply, nor do I have the patience to re-type. I should learn to type long replies on Wordpad or Notepad and save them frequently, so that I won't lose them, but I failed to do that this time.
Suffice it to say that I had given several examples, previously posted many times on Topix, and also stated that none of the things you claim are known facts are actually known facts.
If even some of them were known facts the word 'faith' would be irrelevant to this topic, and also the topic of proving God would not exist, as that would have already been done.
Okay I just saved up to the end of the last sentence on Wordpad, so at least if my browser crashes again I will have most of this post left.
ya ya..sure.

I will keep watching and waiting for those known bible "myths" you're referring to.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#518842 Apr 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>I think all this goes back to questioning when Scripture is used to smack at someone that believes differently.*Some* Christians use Scripture to smack at others and see nothing wrong with it. The reason I say that they see nothing wrong with it is because they say things like “It’s not me but the Bible you have issues with” after they post them. Now….at times that could be the case, don’t get me wrong. Yet a lot of times when I see it being said on here, it is to make themselves look like they should not be held accountable for their own choice of words, and when they choose to use them on others. I was not taught to call others names, in fact I believe that all are Gods children and should be treated accordingly. I would be interested to read where someone is coming from if their Church did actually teach such a thing and how they correlate it in to the teachings of Christ.
Agreed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Tide with Beach 864,796
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 16 min -Stray Dog 6,477
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min pusherman_ 599,781
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 24 min andet1987 6,306
Hard Reset Sony ST27i Xperia Go 47 min hafacs 1
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 1 hr courious SWF 361
Why are there only Old White Men on the Ballot 1 hr Wake the Dead 1
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr HipGnosis 2,008
White Lives MATTER 3 hr Burke Devlin 113
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr WasteWater 272,417
More from around the web