Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#518880 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I gather from recent posts and I just went back to post number 1 and the first couple pages and it seems that initially this particular thread was set up for Christians to share their experiences, and if that is the only purpose then yes non believers have no point in being here, and I applaud those who want to do that with other people of like mind.
I would somewhat question why one would choose a discussion site (which I understood Topix was set up as) as a place for mutual support rather than a specific web site designed for believers, which I think there are many online.
To me discussion implies being open minded, facing hard questions, disagreements, but doing so respecting the others as fellow inhabitants of this planet with equal rights.
I have been guilty, especially after being on Topix for a while, of not being quite as respectful of others, but I came into that after seeing daily personal attacks on the same individuals that in some cases went on for years, from the same "Christians".
One of the biggest "bugs" in my life has always been bigotry and prejudice, and I saw much of that in my first few months on Topix, and that has not changed. When I came to this thread, more recently, for whatever reason I happened onto it, I saw the same things happening here. Also I saw many of the same people from both sides of the coin as were posting on other sites where I post.
I think this thread is not one I want to be on. Firstly, I am not here to turn people away from their beliefs, except if those beliefs cause harm to others (which is the case with some of the beliefs I have objected to on other threads). Most of my family, friends, and people I know are believers, and I am certainly not attempting to turn them into atheists, though I would also not be particularly polite to them if they started acting on some of their prejudices.
I will argue though, especially on a discussion site, with a believer who makes a statement to me which I do not think is correct, and/or I will question him on blanket statements he makes which I know there is no known information available to back up what he says. It troubles me a bit that people make belief statements into fact statements when no facts have ever been found.
I usually only argue adamantly though with people who have already indicated to me that they don't expect to be respected, because they don't show respect.
I am going to give this particular thread a few more days, to see if I want to stay here. It would be healthy for me to leave Topix altogether but I must admit to becoming addicted to it.
*** Prayer to Keep Us Faithful

Lord Jesus, keep us faithful to your law
in thought, word and deed.
Be our helper now and always,
free us from sin,
and bring us to salvation in that kingdom
where you live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. AMEN.

http://www.cathedralofsaintmatthew.com/LifeRe... ***

#518881 Apr 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a lack of belief in deities.
Whatever beliefs I may personally have are irrelevant to what atheism is, and what makes me an atheist.
Do you understand?
Prayer to Live the Faith We Profess

God of power and mercy,
only with your help
can we offer you fitting service and praise.
May we live the faith we profess
and trust your promise of eternal life.
Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. AMEN.

#518882 Apr 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Decidedly not from the opposition.
Thought this page might be interesting:
http://www.salon.com/2013/03/24/my_day_at_wes...
Thought you might enjoy this lovely Prayer.... might help you overcome some of your hatred to man(kind)!

***Prayer to Profess Our Faith

God our Father,
You called John the Baptist to be the herald of your Son's birth and death.
As he gave his life in witness to truth and justice,
so may we strive to profess our faith in your gospel.
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. AMEN

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518883 Apr 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>One can only wonder at people being so scared?
Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Let us give them Prayers and Scriptures, showing them that there is nothing to be scared of......
I think I missed that post of the other person you are quoting but it seems it may have been directed at one of my posts. I am not scared by people who predict the Rapture and other silly ideas, but many people are, and the fact of the damage done by such scare tactics is what upsets me, and if I used the word 'scared' me, it was the wrong word. Actually when I read the posters for a couple years in a row, mainly in Barbados, predicting the May 2011 Rapture, my immediate reaction was I wish I could get my hands on the idiot who placed that poster there. I was very angry at the stupidity of such people.

Personally, if he is still alive, I think that old creep from the USA who was sort of heading up that May 2011 Rapture scam should have gone to prison, and with all the litigation that goes on in the USA, I am wondering if some people have tried to sue him for their losses when they stupidly followed what he said. I suppose though stupidity is hardly a provable reason for a law suit.

#518884 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah, have you any idea of how illogical it is to post Bible verses to a quote from me, especially after my many posts about not understanding why people post Bible verses on a discussion site, and the fact that I always skip over them.
I have no use whatsoever anyway for the book of Revelations, and find that those who do follow it as being somewhat weird, and even, in some cases, somewhat dangerous. I do not intend that to mean I consider you weird or dangerous, but more to tell you how much I don't like Revelations.
Well, I will give you a Prayer of Faith; you are in a forum for JESUS for a reason, surely it is not to bombard Christians with your lack of faith? You must be here for a reason, a purpose, and we will share with your that which we know helps us, Prayer!

Prayer to Remain Faithful

Lord,
send the power of your Holy Spirit upon us
that we may remain faithful
and do your will in our daily lives.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,

http://www.cathedralofsaintmatthew.com/LifeRe...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#518885 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris maybe when you are closer to 70 than 40, as I am, you will have mellowed a bit in your opinions, and statements you are making here now.
It seems to me that you come across as one of those people who have had a lot of negativity in your life, and some people have scraped you up off the street, fed you, and been very friendly with you, and then indoctrinated you to their rather fringe "Christianity". I know of several people of my acquaintance who have been swept up by that type of Christianity.
What bothers me is it is pretty mindless and pretty shallow.
Well, you would be wrong on that count. I learned early on when I started posting some things not to share. Mainly becasue in a forum like this it won't be understood. Also when I first started posting was a person, Mr. X from Tx. that is quite vocal on the Christian faith. In all his many postings the only thing that we found agreement on was that his thoughts and word did nothing with my relationship with Jesus Christ. It would be like if someone said I don't have a wife (I do) and Jesus didn't set her free (He did for both of us) Glory to God. Saying its shallow means little to me. May come off like that here, so be it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#518886 Apr 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I always do. No groupthink for me.
And what do you have against Boooots?
I know, Catch.'twas a joke -(you were speaking for yourself)

boooots is incredibly anti-American. I don't have any respect for him.

Clearwater, FL

#518887 Apr 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Boooots is a scared man ~ fear is something within and not always something that others can help with, but Faith can overcome all, even fear. Let us Pray for Faith....
*** Prayer For the Light of Faith
Father,
you revealed your Son to the nations
by the guidance of a star.
Lead us to your glory in heaven
by the light of faith.
Yes Serah. Thank you for this.

#518888 Apr 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me your afraid of using the word "faith", too....
What IS it with y'all?
They need Praying for....

Prayer to Remain Loyal to the Faith

Father,
through the cross
you taught us the sublime wisdom of Jesus Christ.
May we reject falsehood
and remain loyal to the faith.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#518889 Apr 11, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am good. I am trying to realize my goal step by step.It´s about a young sperated or divcorced blonde housewife with two sweet kids near where I live. I am trying to make her mine. Pls pray for me too.
I hear ya A.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#518890 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
Having spent time in a mental rehab facility twice, I have seen some pretty bizarre behavior, and know that people showing the behavior were mentally ill.
Ahhh...

It's all becoming clearer.

Clearwater, FL

#518891 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I missed that post of the other person you are quoting but it seems it may have been directed at one of my posts. I am not scared by people who predict the Rapture and other silly ideas, but many people are, and the fact of the damage done by such scare tactics is what upsets me, and if I used the word 'scared' me, it was the wrong word. Actually when I read the posters for a couple years in a row, mainly in Barbados, predicting the May 2011 Rapture, my immediate reaction was I wish I could get my hands on the idiot who placed that poster there. I was very angry at the stupidity of such people.
Personally, if he is still alive, I think that old creep from the USA who was sort of heading up that May 2011 Rapture scam should have gone to prison, and with all the litigation that goes on in the USA, I am wondering if some people have tried to sue him for their losses when they stupidly followed what he said. I suppose though stupidity is hardly a provable reason for a law suit.
Could just go with the word of God that says no man knows. His word also tells us that His own people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Anyone that says they know when Jesus Christ comes back with a specific time is of the devil if Gods word be true. It is.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#518892 Apr 11, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am good. I am trying to realize my goal step by step.It´s about a young sperated or divcorced blonde housewife with two sweet kids near where I live. I am trying to make her mine. Pls pray for me too.
Meant to add.....praying bro.

Clearwater, FL

#518893 Apr 11, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you ((((((Annie)))))))(c:
I agree~ That is one reason why I post to remind Christians to behave themselves <3
This might be a bit off point and will only apply to Christians in the USA. Have you heard that for the 2nd time parts of our gov, at a state level in Co. and also fed at DHS are saying Christians need to be watched. Wonder what happens if someone said oh, fill in the blank. I already know by the word it gets worse but wonder if anyone caught this?

http://www.examiner.com/article/colo-undershe...
Phil Gray

Germany

#518894 Apr 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you might enjoy this lovely Prayer.... might help you overcome some of your hatred to man(kind)!
God our Father,
I fart up your nose.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#518895 Apr 11, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/defense-witness-arias-n... Look,why don't they just quit trying to act like this woman's trial is 'the second coming of the trial of the century'aka 'the people versus O.J. Simpson',and just convict the woman and send her to prison for the rest of her life! It's obvious that her ex-boyfriend was an arrogant two-timing womanizer who enraged this nutty woman,so he apparently brought her rage-filled reaction upon himself. Just lock her up without the possibility of parole and be done with it!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518896 Apr 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever considered our organs?
Prayer To Be Sustained in Faith
Lord, sustain faith within us
and make us ever loyal to Christ.
Let your church be the sign of salvation
for all the nations of the world.
You need Faith Booots, read up on Francis Collins, an amazing scientist, in fact, probably the most brilliant scientist that ever existed, and you may learn to change your mind....
Thanks for giving me that name, Francis Collins, and I did google him and found a Wikipedia article about him. I can't say for sure that I have heard of him before, but since he was appointed by President Obama to a high position, I assume that Americans might be more familiar with the name than a Canadian would be. I did read that a Canadian medical researcher called on him to assist with some research a number of years ago which led to some pretty important developments in the treatment of certain illnesses (sorry I am winging it from memory at this point).

I am not really all that knowledgeable about brilliant scientists, but wonder at his being called the most brilliant scientist that ever lived. From the little that was written about him in Wikipedia, I can see that he is a pretty brilliant guy, in his field of science, and has held some pretty distinguished positions, but as for one of the most brilliant, I am wondering why his name isn't more familiar than it is, at least to me, if he is the top.

I did note that he is a very outspoken opponent of the "intelligent design" scam that some have been trying to use to sneak religion back into the schools against the USA law. I only read that he opposed "intelligent design"; the rest of that sentence is my own opinion.

Serah, you may believe I need faith, but I believe I also need evidence. Perhaps it is something to do with how our individual brains work (or not). I use faith a lot when there is some evidence to support it, such as flying back from Barbados a week or so ago, I had faith that we would make it home alive, as the record of Air Canada has been relatively good, from previous evidence, in getting people home safely. There is also a certain element of doubt though, about whether or not this time might be an exception to the rule.

Had I never flown in a plane nor had anyone every flown in a plane before, I doubt very much, if a plane was to suddenly materialize itself in front of me, and I was asked to go someplace on it, I would have had the faith to do so.

Give me some solid evidence and you will see me change my mind on God. Meanwhile I will go on with my life, not believing in any god.

That seems to be the position I am most comfortable with at this time.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#518897 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be the point of taking the time to explain about my browser crashing, if it had not happened. Ok without any comments I will quickly list some of the things, from memory that I had typed.
1. Noah and the Flood
2. Adam and Even and the Garden of Eden
3. Sodom and Gomorrah
4. Miracle healings
I will stop there for now.
Those are not proven false. Those are simply acts of God you don't believe He did.

Not unique, many do not believe the bible.

I don't believe what you claim is a likely explanation for how human emerged, you do. You don't believe the God of the bible exist, I do.

You don't believe my philosophy, and I reject yours.

It's really that simple. What is the point of any further discussions?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#518898 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
How about walking through a park in Hong Kong through a group of Falun Gong worshipers, or standing with Hindu worshipers during a large Hindu ceremony on a beach in Bali? I have done that.
If you call the "Gods", that these others have experienced, demons then why would some of them not call the God you believe a demon as well.
Personally I don't believe in demons, and those who are reportedly "possessed by demons" and are 'fixed' by an exorcism are a lot of scamming, plus sometimes a very mentally ill individual that some fraudulent person is capitalizing on to make some mileage for their claims of being able to cast out demons.
Having spent time in a mental rehab facility twice, I have seen some pretty bizarre behavior, and know that people showing the behavior were mentally ill.
There are some who say atheists are mentally ill.

I'm sure others call the God of Christianity a Demon. See Islam.

Your unbelief is quite evident to all this is reading. But it's [your]unbelief.
Phil Gray

Tuggerah, Australia

#518899 Apr 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
God our Father,
I fart up your nose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Ice Man 42,601
Did you know there are wolves in West Virginia (Mar '11) 13 min Paul McCartney is... 47
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Big Al 989,918
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 690,636
Are your Topix comments helping...or hurting ot... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 6 hr Big Al 662
Poll What's the most exotic/hottest mixed race group? (Jan '13) 12 hr Doctor REALITY 23
More from around the web