Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518783 Apr 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Catch tried to fool me, even donned a dress, wig and falsies. Didn't fool HL, this gal wasn't born yesterday ..
.. seriously, please stay. Your tranquil input is vital ..
Well I wouldn't work with the women's clothing, but in the dark, perhaps I could conjure up thoughts (or better said you could conjure up thoughts) of women, by how I might treat you. I perhaps know some things that are not particularly identifying one's sex.

Sadly I think that is not going to be proved in your case. I have to live with that fact.:) My wife will be happy, though, that I have that misfortune.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#518784 Apr 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. You're a fool. LOL
~snicker~

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#518785 Apr 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd much rather read what IANS has to say over what you do.
I think you are upset he has something concrete to offer this thread..
Other than what you do.. geeze.. how many more of us want to
read how smart you think you are and that soap opera
"honey I'm home" bs??
In my opinion, honesty, you have lost alot of credibility.
:)
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#518786 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that comment. I think it pretty much says what I stated in my post to trifecta1 in my previous post.
Your comment is invalid. It´is slimy and hypocritical

Location hidden

#518787 Apr 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I think many here have strong beliefs in God..it's just that,
to me, I see they do not have faith in what they believe.
They seem to fight and scrath and claw at any opposing view..
as if they believe Christ himself needs them to do His bidding for Him here on earth..
That's just absurd to me.
God needs a mere mortal to defend Him?
To judge and condemn others in His name?
Just look at the Christians here who oppose homosexuality.
They truly believe they are doing good to mankind with their
blatant
bigotry..
They believe, when all is said and done, they will be "walking on streets of gold" because of such behavior..
I simply can't comprehend that "good" Christian way of thinking.
I have the same thoughts on those subjects, as you stated you do, however I don't believe these Christians will have to answer for their non-Christian activities, except whatever they get caught on in this life and while still alive. On a few other threads, some have already run into some real life problems related to their on line conduct, so I have observed.

I only point out occasionally how "Christians" are acting against their beliefs, in the hope that they will stop that behavior and start acting as mature thinking adults and treat others on the threads in the same manner.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#518788 Apr 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel much better today, thanks. You may have seen from my posts that I am now in the usual Catcher jovial mood.
Hey, you overslept today, eh?
No sir. I get up at 4:30 every day. I've have a very busy morning. It's springtime & construction seems to be in full swing in the IE.

Gotta go again.

Be good.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#518789 Apr 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I never accused you of being overly intelligent.
I never cared much if you did or didn't.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#518790 Apr 11, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well... I think people can respond anyway they like but, I'm not sure it's fair to blame the believers who don't do that for the ones who do. Jesus never taught believers to say anything like that to people and people should not do it. When it comes to sharing scripture though, unfortunately such words are part of some of it but in my case and a few others, the scripture isn't posted to offend anyone.
My issue with the statement made, "your religion teaches you to call people names', is that I don't believe it does, I believe people choose to do that.
I'd be interested in finding out if your and others churches ever taught parishioners to say those things to people, I haven't seen it myself but it's all very different over there.
I think all this goes back to questioning when Scripture is used to smack at someone that believes differently.*Some* Christians use Scripture to smack at others and see nothing wrong with it. The reason I say that they see nothing wrong with it is because they say things like “It’s not me but the Bible you have issues with” after they post them. Now….at times that could be the case, don’t get me wrong. Yet a lot of times when I see it being said on here, it is to make themselves look like they should not be held accountable for their own choice of words, and when they choose to use them on others. I was not taught to call others names, in fact I believe that all are Gods children and should be treated accordingly. I would be interested to read where someone is coming from if their Church did actually teach such a thing and how they correlate it in to the teachings of Christ.

Location hidden

#518791 Apr 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't even believe we have to ask posters to stay.
Ugh..
I also asked booots to stay and continue posting with us
weeks ago. He is an asset to this thread.
I read everyone of his posts..
As I do yours.
Hope your day is a happy one.
I perhaps should save that comment, enlarge it to poster size, and have Staples or Walmart, which are nearby, print it for me, so I can hang it on my wall. I have not been called an asset many times in my life. I do appreciate your saying that.:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#518792 Apr 11, 2013
He carried me away me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain and shewed me that great city the holy Jerusalem descending out of heaven from God.
Revelations 21:10

Having the glory of God;and her light was like unto a stone most precious even like a jasper stone clear as cyrstal.
Revelation 21:11

If interest read all of Revelation 21 of the Holy Bible if not scroll on by.
Clearwater

Miami, FL

#518793 Apr 11, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't even believe we have to ask posters to stay.
Ugh..
I also asked booots to stay and continue posting with us
weeks ago. He is an asset to this thread.
I read everyone of his posts..
As I do yours.
Hope your day is a happy one.
Oh no. What's going to happen if one of the Christian bashers leaves the forum? What a riot this is. I know you didn't intend this Le Le but this is the funniest thing I've heard today. Thanks for helping me to laugh.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#518794 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I perhaps should save that comment, enlarge it to poster size, and have Staples or Walmart, which are nearby, print it for me, so I can hang it on my wall. I have not been called an asset many times in my life. I do appreciate your saying that.:)
lol..
Do it!

I meant every word.

Have to run to the bus stop and begin the second half of my
Wed.
Wishing you well..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#518795 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
trifectal1, I think (this is my own opinion) that your responses here tend to betray your acting in the spirit of how Christ would have wanted it, assuming Christ was a real person, which is not fair to assume, since we don't know that to be true.
I have observed IANS posting (I hope that is who your post was to) for several years on Topix, and I have observed that there is nothing irrelevant about what he posts. Yes, he may disgree with what you or others post, but he can never ben considered irrelevant.
Your opinion is noted, but not really substantive. When my soul comes before Christ how I write on topix [may] become relevant. but as of right now, it's not relevant, and we live in the [now]...so moving right along.

Oy![it aint necessarily] so is irrelevant to Christianity. What can he write on this billboard to affect Christianity??? nothing. Rantings and ravings. Fighting with hate anger and malice Skombolis and other Christians he does not like. To me he is acting like a lunatic and I truly suspect his writings are more for his own mental therapeutic exercise than anything else.

Maybe you find him relevant, because you agree with him.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#518796 Apr 11, 2013
Today's headline in a german newspaper was Obama comes to Frankfurt. We don´t need your hypocritical illuminati inspired John F. Kennedy copy and paste speeches of a free world here in germany. You did it 2008 in Berlin before you became the president of the united states of america. I know you also come to support the german chancellor Angela Merkel for her election campaign.You have deceived the ppl around the world enough.Please Obama stay in the U.S.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#518797 Apr 11, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Lawest ...
Okay you're right, Cheriann isn't new ...but how could HL know that?
It's not so much what you say, but how you say it that is one of their chief complaints ...I think. I understand you don't agree with HL's lifestyle ...I'm not wild about it myself ...But that's not my sword to wield.
Regardless, she is a human being first ...and should be treated as such. Do unto others; not just straight people.
Did you read the article Annie posted the other day about the treatment of others? I certainly hope you will.
Was that by any chance the blog link that I posted and the mother's reply? I hope so. I thought both had messages for all of us no matter what one believes...or doesn't.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#518798 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if that was Darwin's theory or not. I understand he felt compelled to write about things he had discovered in his travels when he found various animals and birds which indicated that they had evolved. I doubt that he suggested that animals evolved from plants, but if he did so be it.
Much of the evolution that we know of today was found and verified by later scientists who tried to investigate what Darwin had discovered, and found various examples, which today is considered proof that evolution did occur and is still occurring, but except for a couple exceptions which I hinted about a few days ago, these evolutionary changes are not something that any one person could observe during his lifetime, as some take thousands, millions or billions of years.
The parts of evolution that has been tested and proved are not myths; that has been established, though I suppose that a New Earth Creationist would reject such as myths because it does not fit with the myths that they believe.
Still today there is nothing involving anything unnatural, or supernatural, that we read about in the Bible that has ever been found and proved - absolutely nothing.
We can argue the point, but unless new findings have occurred today that hasn't yet reached the major news, it hasn't happened.
Having all the faith in the world will not make a myth a true story, if it is indeed a myth.
...And God says only by faith can anyone please Him.

So God only establishes Himself to those with faith. And you have no faith in God, so God won't establish Himself with you.

There is [no]substitute to faith with God. None.
Mark 11:22
Then Jesus said to the disciples, "Have faith in God.

hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

And he not only rewards, but he reveals Himself to those with faith.

Nothing about Darwin's theory of how the human being came about is there evidence for, nothing. Sure a few animals changed minor characteristics over time, but that's it. There is not even evidence that one species turned into another species.

So as you say, there is no use arguing the point. You have never experienced God, so to you God does not exist. Billions have experienced God or a (g)od. And nothing you, a mere frail mortal can say that will cast a doubt on what that person experienced.

There is no solution to that dilemma. So you can either keep wearying yourself with it, or you can let it be.
Clearwater

Miami, FL

#518799 Apr 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your opinion is noted, but not really substantive. When my soul comes before Christ how I write on topix [may] become relevant. but as of right now, it's not relevant, and we live in the [now]...so moving right along.
Oy![it aint necessarily] so is irrelevant to Christianity. What can he write on this billboard to affect Christianity??? nothing. Rantings and ravings. Fighting with hate anger and malice Skombolis and other Christians he does not like. To me he is acting like a lunatic and I truly suspect his writings are more for his own mental therapeutic exercise than anything else.
Maybe you find him relevant, because you agree with him.
True words.
Clearwater

Miami, FL

#518800 Apr 11, 2013
Man a good Chicago dog sounds good tonight. Thanks HU

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#518801 Apr 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I never accused you of being overly intelligent.
So that means I do not have to meet your super dooper ideas(fabulous)lol.

I bought devils spread ham and chicken sandwishes spreads.Yep wrote sandwishes.lol.Made sandwiches with it for the clowns around here.They think of it as puss and boots spread.lol
See does not take great intelligence to be a failure.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#518802 Apr 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I very much suspect that an 'all mighty and powerful being' could perform those recorded bible acts, however we have no evidence of there existing an Almighty and Powerful Being, and we have absolutely no evidence that any of the Bible acts really occurred.
Since we do now know that some of the Bible "acts' did not occur, one has to throw out the idea that the Bible is 100% true Word of God, assuming this God is not a liar.
As I have previously mentioned, I was raised to throw out some of the stories which had been proved to be myths only, so making that jump was not a jump for me. I just sometimes get surprised that some people still believe what the top mainstream denomination in Canada rejected almost 60 years ago.
iyai!!!You still have not specified the myths you're referring to. And I have informed you to what the word "specific" means. So that leads me to believe you're being either dishonest or are unsure of your facts and do not want to be specific for fear of losing face. Either way it looks bad on your part.

There is evidence that Jesus lived and did all those miracles in the bible. Sure prophets did some of those miracles, but only God can come back from the dead.

And actually it's established fact that most of what happened in the bible after the reign of David happened, including the life of Jesus:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/back_to_t...

So your lack of faith, is your doing. You simply do not want to believe. That is a choice [you]made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should I marry this ugly blonde German girl or ... 5 min Felix loves Alison 16
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min ChristineM 863,982
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Justise_League 1,940
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Justise_League 6,403
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr sangili karuppan 1,838
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr sangili karuppan 7,475
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 2 hr Ajay 446
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr pusherman_ 599,406
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr WasteWater 272,403
More from around the web