Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#518735 Apr 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That would explain a lot. These aren't your best Christians.
I am not sure what you are trying to imply here, my best Christians for what?
<quoted text>
What are you doing about that? Have you been exhorting your own to be more respectful? They're not even respectful to one another, let alone unbelievers.
Respect for unbelievers is not something you are taught. You are taught the opposite, remember?
Your bible teaches you to call unbelievers fools, vile, corrupt, wicked, dark, liars, antichrists, the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers, and appropriate to be tortured in fire and brimstone. The world is told that not one of us is any good. Not even one. What do you think is an appropriate response from unbelievers to this kind of "respect"?
I said clearly in my post Christians and non-Christians, as I am frustrated across the board. You are wrong on many levels, I have no issue with you telling me what the Bible teaches me, but it does not make you correct. The appropriate response is to call them out on it, as it is disrespectful.

Ann Arbor, MI

#518737 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I came in peace. I doubt I was here five minutes before Dim resumed calling me a liar again, momentum form a previous encounter. I asked all of you if you cared to intervene. You claimed that you did, although you never produced a link showing that, just several that didn't.
The rest didn't even claim that. They just sat idly by while a visitor was lambasted by a Christian regular. That's when my attitude toward the Christians here formed. I offer you that amount of respect back.
I suggest that in the future, you treat your visitors with more respect. You need to admonish the ones that are out of line. Your silence was interpreted as anything from tacit support to indifference. It's a little late to be complaining about the reaction. I'm just as indifferent to your wants now as you were to mine then.
<quoted text>
I would suggest taking action proactively in the future. It's probably a little late to restore good feelings.
To be honest after I provided you with the links to the entire discussion, with you saying in response that they did not show what you were looking for, I stopped reading your post’s. In my honest *opinion* your attitude towards Christians on here was formed from the get go, as your responses to me are so off base. The discussion has been had several times as to why people do not respond to certain posters. Many Christians and non-Christians alike have agreed that at times it just fan’s the fire. I have already honestly apologized to you in the past, so to say that I was indifferent to you is incorrect.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#518738 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>...
In short, you people have a sense of being special. I don't share that sentiment with you, and I won't defer to you. In fact, I am defiant about it, which I think you mistake that for vanity.
Because you are special.

ROFLMAO

Thanks for the excellent example of hypocricy.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#518740 Apr 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..........
In human behavior believe only half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.The wonder of it all.

Ann Arbor, MI

#518741 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
You seem to have missed the point. You also need to show a modicum of respect even for those that you do NOT value. You have seen the result of doing the opposite. When Christians complain about my posting, I wonder why you think that I should care about the language that is directed at you. Did you care when I asked you to?
<quoted text>
Do you mean just like you did with your troll comment? Your indifference to us is palpable. You have no right to expect more in return than you offer.
I did not miss the point and I show respect to everyone, even to the trolls (no I am not calling you one). I had someone call to my attention that I needed to stop responding to one the other day….yet at no point in time did I disrespect him in my responses. I have already shown you all the posts where I stepped in and said that someone was inappropriate towards you, I am sorry that it did not qualify as what you were looking for. If you took the comment about trolls to be you I once again apologize, as it was not directed at you. Again pop into the thread I used to post on and take a look…..when trolls take over the thread it stalls. Your comments are based on who you think I am because I am a Christian, you are holding things against me that I have never shown. <<shrugs>> Not much I can do about that.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#518742 Apr 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
What nonbelievers do, is none of my concern.
You could have fooled me. You seem quite hot and bothered.
trifecta1 wrote:
Why are you under this illusion that Christianity cares what you do?
What makes you think that I do? Actually, much of my posting indicates that you don't care and need to start.
trifecta1 wrote:
As far as Christianity is now concerned, it's debt to you is paid. You can now go fly a kite.
It's not that simple. We're not done with Christianity yet.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#518743 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
.... I would love a good challenge from somebody smart and witty....
You have been debunked by them already. You aren't smart and witty enough to realize it.

The only reason you are here is to read your own words, insult everyone and hallucinate that you are better than everyone else.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#518744 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
You could have fooled me.....
No need, you do that all by yourself. LOL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#518745 Apr 11, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just having nothing new to post,
please/don't entere here everyday with your cheap primitive bambling,gossip, and at first throw to loundry machine your panties full of dry s...
bears lives their own life, and God will take care for those bears,more as for you blasphemer scum
Thank you so much for your support for the Charmin bears.

Please vote for mama bear for mother of the year. She needs your help.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#518746 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
You could have fooled me. You seem quite hot and bothered.
<quoted text>
What makes you think that I do? Actually, much of my posting indicates that you don't care and need to start.
<quoted text>
It's not that simple. We're not done with Christianity yet.
"we", LOL. somehow you can't seem to grasp just how irrelevant you are. No one cares much what someone of irrelevance does or says, and you're irrelevant.

I seem hot and bothered? iyai!lol You're projecting, and Skombolis would agree. Your venom hate and anger is an amusing spectacle to see.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#518747 Apr 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Only my opinion but I believe that repentance is the key not only to individual salvation but the solution for all mankind. Without it one is no more than an animal.
An interesting thought and one well taken.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#518748 Apr 11, 2013
Let every man examine himself and let him eat of his own bread and drink from his own cup.

For it shall all pass like waves washing upon the sandy beaches.Tides come in and Tides go out.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#518749 Apr 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL…agreed, I had forgotten how boooots posts….it had been a while since I had read him. Good afternoon to you H/L, hope all is well in your slice of the world ;O)
.. pretty dang good ..

.. do you think I stand a chance with Little Whiskers ??..

Ann Arbor, MI

#518750 Apr 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...I will ask...
How do you think that we should respond when a Christian calls a non-Christian names such as...evil, abominable, wicked, child of satan...well you get the message. What should we say in return...what would you expect our feelings to be over that.
All I ever get is...it is in the Bible...Jesus said so I can too...
IMO
Humans speak the words...yet put the responsibility of those words back on Jesus. It is as if that makes man a little less responsible for having used those words with another.
I would expect that your feelings would be hurt and that the Christian that called you such should feel shame. The Bible tells us to live above reproach when amongst unbelievers, calling people names is not living as the Bible directs us as Christians.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518751 Apr 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if I beg, will you stay? Your calm is needed on this thread ..
Gee, I had to go back and find this post when I saw another person responding to it. How can a man turn down such a plea from such a beautiful woman (even if the woman doesn't particularly care for men - perhaps she can be fooled by a man in a moment of foolishness).

I guess I should ask what you will do for me, if I stay, hon, but maybe that is pushing it a bit too far.:)

I will take her plea under advisement.:)

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#518752 Apr 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a public form due as you wish.
May I restate your thought?

It is a public forum. Do as you wish.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#518753 Apr 11, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
I'd be interested in finding out if your and others churches ever taught parishioners to say those things to people, I haven't seen it myself but it's all very different over there.
Learned behavior is generally learned from example, not words. If the words back up the example, they can help with the education.

But when the actions contradict the words, one learns the action, which now includes hypocrisy.

The Christians here say some of the worst things to unbelievers, and teach each other to do the same by that example. Those of you who don't contribute also don't speak out. With nobody objecting, the message is tacit assent.

Christians see some of the most vile people elevated to the highest ranks of their religion - people like Falwell and Robertson, two of the most successful and powerful televangelists of the last few decades. They and people like them rage at unbelievers from satellite feeds in low earth orbit 24/7.

That's all teaching - by example.

How about the all of that lying for Jesus? I have never heard anybody say that it's OK to lie for Jesus. But with so many doing it not only without any rebuke from their own, but with praise and encouragement, it says that that it is a fine thing to do.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#518754 Apr 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually once again >you're< wrong. HFY had scouted this thread months before you showed up.
She actually left saying the posters here were to nice and she didnt want to mess with the thread (paraphrasing). She apparently changed her mind......
I will defer to your institutional memory.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#518755 Apr 11, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds soooo good!!!
Was good ...and in a couple of hours it'll be good again.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#518756 Apr 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm generally a tolerant person.
But I can't tolerate stupid.
In other words, I don't suffer fools.
I'm in a bad mood. Jet lag I think.
I could tell. That's why I took off last night, didnt wanna piss off Catcher even more.

You all better today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 30 min ImPeach 25,612
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 37 min Frank 301
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr River Tam 985,633
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 17
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 4 hr Johnny 6
Satan is the white man's god (Jul '08) 5 hr juliakk 185
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr juliakk 6,444
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr PadMark 685,654
More from around the web