Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#518432 Apr 10, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists are children of the devil.
No they're not, shut up.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#518433 Apr 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Here is an old timey gospel using a baseball analogy describing our walk with Christ, hope the link doesn't stall like it does on my PC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZyxDG2pgqYYXX
Yes. I did try but its not working so well. Thanks.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#518434 Apr 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted this before. Read it, and try to understand it:
There is a logical fallacy that goes by the name of the fallacy of equivocation. It occurs when the same word is used to mean two or more distinct things, and the speaker changes from one meaning to another mid-syllogism. For example, banks are places where money is deposited, and rivers have banks, therefore rivers are places where money is deposited. The two meanings are not interchangeable.
If I take two completely different ideas and call them both faith, I can do the same thing. Faith 1 - religious faith - is the sense of certitude without proof that is impervious to contradictory evidence. Faith 2 - rational, secular trust - is confidence based in experience and past performance, and which is proportionate to the quantity and quality of supporting evidence, and amenable to new findings that may make the idea more or less likely to be correct. These are radically different - as different as savings banks and river banks.
Atheists don't have religious faith - faith 1 - even if they have one or more other kinds of faith. But religious apologists seem to think that they benefit by fostering this confusion.
Now stop your nonsense chatter.
It's getting tiresome.
Faith is a word. It is a noun.

It has a meaning, a definition.

It's definition is as follows:

1. confidence or trust in a person or thing.
2. belief that is not based on proof.
3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion.

Atheist dont believe in the existence of deities. That clearly falls under definition #2.

I'm sorry if you don't like it, but it is what it is.

And based on your 2 versions of faith, I consider myself to fall under your second, secular version. I have confidence based in experience.

Clearwater, FL

#518435 Apr 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted this before. Read it, and try to understand it:
There is a logical fallacy that goes by the name of the fallacy of equivocation. It occurs when the same word is used to mean two or more distinct things, and the speaker changes from one meaning to another mid-syllogism. For example, banks are places where money is deposited, and rivers have banks, therefore rivers are places where money is deposited. The two meanings are not interchangeable.
If I take two completely different ideas and call them both faith, I can do the same thing. Faith 1 - religious faith - is the sense of certitude without proof that is impervious to contradictory evidence. Faith 2 - rational, secular trust - is confidence based in experience and past performance, and which is proportionate to the quantity and quality of supporting evidence, and amenable to new findings that may make the idea more or less likely to be correct. These are radically different - as different as savings banks and river banks.
Atheists don't have religious faith - faith 1 - even if they have one or more other kinds of faith. But religious apologists seem to think that they benefit by fostering this confusion.
Now stop your nonsense chatter.
It's getting tiresome.
This from a guy that has been mocking Christ and Christians since I first saw you. Take you own advice.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#518436 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I gather from recent posts and I just went back to post number 1 and the first couple pages and it seems that initially this particular thread was set up for Christians to share their experiences, and if that is the only purpose then yes non believers have no point in being here, and I applaud those who want to do that with other people of like mind.
I would somewhat question why one would choose a discussion site (which I understood Topix was set up as) as a place for mutual support rather than a specific web site designed for believers, which I think there are many online.
To me discussion implies being open minded, facing hard questions, disagreements, but doing so respecting the others as fellow inhabitants of this planet with equal rights.
I have been guilty, especially after being on Topix for a while, of not being quite as respectful of others, but I came into that after seeing daily personal attacks on the same individuals that in some cases went on for years, from the same "Christians".
One of the biggest "bugs" in my life has always been bigotry and prejudice, and I saw much of that in my first few months on Topix, and that has not changed. When I came to this thread, more recently, for whatever reason I happened onto it, I saw the same things happening here. Also I saw many of the same people from both sides of the coin as were posting on other sites where I post.
I think this thread is not one I want to be on. Firstly, I am not here to turn people away from their beliefs, except if those beliefs cause harm to others (which is the case with some of the beliefs I have objected to on other threads). Most of my family, friends, and people I know are believers, and I am certainly not attempting to turn them into atheists, though I would also not be particularly polite to them if they started acting on some of their prejudices.
I will argue though, especially on a discussion site, with a believer who makes a statement to me which I do not think is correct, and/or I will question him on blanket statements he makes which I know there is no known information available to back up what he says. It troubles me a bit that people make belief statements into fact statements when no facts have ever been found.
I usually only argue adamantly though with people who have already indicated to me that they don't expect to be respected, because they don't show respect.
I am going to give this particular thread a few more days, to see if I want to stay here. It would be healthy for me to leave Topix altogether but I must admit to becoming addicted to it.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you could not begin to turn any of us Christians into atheist or to make us turn from our FAITH .

God is very Powerful and we have the sheild of Jesus Christ. Don't ever think you can force God's hand!

No one here is twisting your arm to stay.

Just remember age is creeping up on you.The journey out could be a beautiful passing.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#518437 Apr 10, 2013
http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/10/news/economy/... Here he is,all you poor black folks in America! He takes from the rich,he takes from the dirt poor! He's 'ROBBIN' in tha' Hood'!!

Clearwater, FL

#518438 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me your afraid of using the word "faith", too....
What IS it with y'all?
Just a good example of a man that speaks of tolerance and has little to none (unless you agree with him)
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#518439 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No they're not, shut up.
http://cdn.static.ovimg.com/episode/88504.jpg
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#518440 Apr 10, 2013
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#518441 Apr 10, 2013
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#518442 Apr 10, 2013

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#518443 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is a word. It is a noun.
It has a meaning, a definition.
It's definition is as follows:
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing.
2. belief that is not based on proof.
3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion.
Atheist dont believe in the existence of deities. That clearly falls under definition #2.
I'm sorry if you don't like it, but it is what it is.
And based on your 2 versions of faith, I consider myself to fall under your second, secular version. I have confidence based in experience.
Fine.

Stay stupid.

I really don't care.

Clearwater, FL

#518444 Apr 10, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I always had bathrooms and running water,nice schools and churches, but I remember the talks my Mom and Dad said about their growing up, It was quite interesting to listen too.
We really should be Thankful for what we do have, and I certainly am. Times have certainly changed , some for the good , but I can see that some changes have HURT mankind.
I see so many spoiled children, that I wonder how their generations are going to be like----scary to think about.
Saw a good example tonight at the grocery store. Three people in line, I'm in the middle. First up was a lady guessing in her 80s that was a bit slow. Behind me was a man mid 20s that let everyone know he was pissed to have to wait. It is a shame that many people have zero respect for older people but the bible does confirm it will become worse.

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#518445 Apr 10, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a guy that has been mocking Christ and Christians since I first saw you. Take you own advice.
You have never seen me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#518447 Apr 10, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a good example of a man that speaks of tolerance and has little to none (unless you agree with him)
Good point.

Tolerance:

1. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own.
2. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
3. interest in and concern for ideas, opinions, practices, etc., foreign to one's own.

Tolerance doesn't seem to big a big hit on Topix.

From either theists or atheists, to be fair.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#518448 Apr 10, 2013
http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/10/news/economy/... So how many of you people out there gonna' keep on 'brown-nosin' this dude before you wake up and REALIZE who he really is??
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#518449 Apr 10, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you got free will,take crowd idiots like you and fly overseas,
for sure they be your last journey
american doesn't need half d...heads like you,and overseas countries jails are empty waiting for scumbags like you
Was I talkin' to you,BOWY??!! Then shut your fat lips!!

Clearwater, FL

#518450 Apr 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never seen me.
True. Seen you posting.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#518451 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
Tolerance:
1. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own.
2. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
3. interest in and concern for ideas, opinions, practices, etc., foreign to one's own.
I'm generally a tolerant person.

But I can't tolerate stupid.

In other words, I don't suffer fools.

I'm in a bad mood. Jet lag I think.

Clearwater, FL

#518452 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
Tolerance:
Make no mistake, I have little. I do hold my peace often and pray to see if God wish me to speak or not. That shouldn't be misunderstood that I'm in agreement on certain things. Just see at times it best to move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 55,954
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 6 min Nikkiwhite98 726
Microsoft MCSA 070-697 deutsch it-pruefungen 8 min itpruefungende 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Gods r Delusions ... 650,024
Windows Server 2012 70-410 deutsche Schulungsfr... 58 min itpruefungende 1
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Neville Thompson 432
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,477
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web