Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#518363 Apr 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you could call it denominational teaching...my dad would have called it Bible teaching. For most of my life I attended an old country Methodist church. I was exposed however to many others. My dad did a lot of quest speaking at different churches...some Pentecostal, Baptist and non-denominational.
The reason that I asked was because more Pentecostal / Apostolic faith beliefs tend to strive much closer to the Bible truth on these matters than the most protestant based beliefs.

Denominations are not really important at all so long as that movement is truly rooted IN Christ Jesus, and if so all else will correctly follow including the gospel being preached in it's fullness.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518364 Apr 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> You're right, YOU CANNOT imagine anything that is so beyond your mindless scope and experience, the Bible is not only God;s Word, but it will endure forever since it had no real beginning, but I know that I'm going over your head here.
Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Psalm 119:89
89 For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.
You 'know' you are going over my head? Nothing you have said on this site, since I first read a post you have made, has 'gone over my head'. Don't worry yourself at all about going over my head. There appears to be no danger of that.
I may be wrong about a lot of things I say here, and I won't claim to know everything or even a lot of anything. I do however think that I can keep up to you, at least based on what I have read so far.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#518365 Apr 10, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know you. But your rantings, paragraphs like writings, and angry tirades make it plain as day you're a very angry lad.
He seems to hold anger in to me also.

Angry at even the thought of someone disagreeing with him. He has hatred for the Christian. Hatred and anger go hand -in-hand.

You can actually like some Christians and not believe a word they say , I guess, but that is kinda two-faced, if you ask me.

I think it is mean of a person to FAKE liking me, and talk as if they have HONEY in their mouth, and you KNOW they can't stand you., and say horrible things behind your back.

I do not stay around someone if I don't care for them, and I certainly won't be a fake and try to carry on a conversation with them.

Jesus didn't say we had to LIKE them, just love them enough to pray for their soul,

I can handle that Lord. lol.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#518367 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know to whom you addressed that, but I am scared by people who talk about such a thing, rather than the thought of that happening. I thought back at the time of the May 2011 Rapture Prophecy and I still do, that people who believe and promote such scare tactics as that should be locked up somewhere, where they cannot harm others.
Those scenes you describe are from the ravings of someone's imaginings; they are not going to happen. If people suddenly go missing which actually does happen to people (some of which I have known family members) it is because someone has abducted them and taken them somewhere and/or killed them. No God was involved.
I addressed to anyone who care to talk about it.Why are you so scared of people who talk of such things??I was not talking about a prediction made by another human being.(your may 2011)do not believe in such groups.I ask questions was no scare tactics involved.`Nothing imaginator or raving about it nothing is impossibe with God.Wrong people have disappeared with no trace period.You never addressed one question asked.And the reference to in the field one taken one left is in the Holy Bible.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#518368 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience from the other threads is that one dare not say anything against God or Christianity, because it is so fragile that any negative remarks at all would destroy it. Likely most of the 'Christians' presenting that view are really questioning their own "Christianity' but feel most comfortable by finding fault with the behavior of others, than they are facing up to their own lack of belief.
I have to wonder if you have any kind of clue? You said yesterday you spent 40 years in the church. Was it a Christian one? Even a new person in Christ knows of the very hard times and often death that came to Christians, many times in very painful ways for being, gasp, a Christian. Many words come to my mind but weak? Really? I do get that Christ is strongest in man when he comes to and end of him and gives up his will. But imo what the world sees as weak is like a blind man telling one that sees what things look like. As far as topix say whatever you need to. God and His Holy words were true when He spoke this world into existence and long after everyone has spent a short time here His word will still be. God is.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#518369 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the posting of it, sometimes taking up a whole page of posts, with no comments, which appears to me to have no relevancy.
Like anything else that one might want to use as a reference to support their stated opinion, I can see doing it infrequently, but to just post verses for their own sake alone, really has no meaning, and I doubt the person who started this thread had that intention (I could be wrong).
I can see that it might bother you if a lot of scripture is posted. You do not believe in it so are not interested. We do and are. Sometimes when I read scripture that speaks to me I will share it with the other Christians. They know what it means.

You know most people would leave a place if they were not interested in what was happening in it. Not try and tell the people that they have no right to do it because they don’t believe in it or like it. We are doing you no harm Boooots and are not going to change just for you or anyone else. Despite what Le Le says I am not asking you to leave but to be nice. If you can’t be nice then we really don’t have much else to talk about. I’ll just scroll until I don’t.(I could be wrong about you, time has a way of showing the truth.)
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#518370 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You 'know' you are going over my head? Nothing you have said on this site, since I first read a post you have made, has 'gone over my head'. Don't worry yourself at all about going over my head. There appears to be no danger of that.
I may be wrong about a lot of things I say here, and I won't claim to know everything or even a lot of anything. I do however think that I can keep up to you, at least based on what I have read so far.
lol---It really doesn't take much to go over your head Booost-

I mean anyone that went to church for 40 years and didn't learn a thing-----???

( went right over the head)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#518371 Apr 10, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
God is with our Doctors. God is in every aspect of our life.
True SP
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#518372 Apr 10, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Get lost you sniveling little bastard. With the thousands of threads available on Topix you show up here to tell these folks they have no right to be here. These people were here long before you showed your ass around these parts.
Topix doesn't seem to mind ...this thread has run for several years. Do you know better than Topix what is good for Topix? Perhaps you should go cry to Topix. Sheese, what a crybaby.
:)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#518373 Apr 10, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
He seems to hold anger in to me also.
Angry at even the thought of someone disagreeing with him. He has hatred for the Christian. Hatred and anger go hand -in-hand.
You can actually like some Christians and not believe a word they say , I guess, but that is kinda two-faced, if you ask me.
I think it is mean of a person to FAKE liking me, and talk as if they have HONEY in their mouth, and you KNOW they can't stand you., and say horrible things behind your back.
I do not stay around someone if I don't care for them, and I certainly won't be a fake and try to carry on a conversation with them.
Jesus didn't say we had to LIKE them, just love them enough to pray for their soul,
I can handle that Lord. lol.
oy!lol, I know exactly what you mean.

His hate and anger is so obvious too. Does he really think no one notice??

I mean, it's funny and amusing to me his hate and anger. But it makes you wonder what kind of person comes to a internet site to purposefully put themselves through that every single day?

I discuss with them, because frankly it's the point of the billboard. And most of them are not angry. They are unbelievers and they discuss religion. I have no issue with them not believing, that's not my job or responsibility.

But for some it's obviously very personal. And venting ranting and writings their thoughts out about Christianity may be actually therapeutic for them.

Location hidden

#518374 Apr 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You can easily believe that everything came from nothing, but cannot believe that everything you see was created? I guess you have explained the difference between believers and non-believers here; we cannot imagine the incredible life forms that fill this planet evolving from a fluke of circumstance,(sort of taken from Francis Collins, but worded in my own way) and you can. Simple. End of debate.
Did I say that in my long post? No, I can't believe that everything came from nothing, which IMO rules out Creation, because Creation implies that everything came from nothing.

I do not know the origin of everything, but I believe that something has always existed, and that what we see today is what had evolved over billions of years into what is now. We know the earth came into being around 4.5 billion years ago, based on the most current science knowledge (certainly not science knowledge that I could reproduce). We know that the universes that we are aware of have existed for 11 or so billion years.

We are finding out, as we gain new techniques, all of which are way beyond my understanding, that universes go on way outside what we once considered as existing.

Man knows a lot but likely what is yet to be learned is many times that.

It still gets us no closer to believing in Creation, though, because Creation is not logical or rational based on what we do know now.

No matter how one spins it, Creation makes no sense, except in a fairy tale kind of way. Like a witch waving her magic wand and everything suddenly appearing.

Man made up those kinds of stories because man simply had no knowledge of anything beyond what he could actually place his hands on, and even most of that he didn't understand. Over the centuries man has discovered more and more ways of delving into the past, and he has found more and more evidence of what has occurred in the past, on this earth and outside this earth.

None of that points to Creation.

Still I do not know how things got started, but I don't believe the Creationist idea that everything was instantly, or over a period of time, thought into existence from nothing by some mysterious super entity.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#518375 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say that "I may be wrong about a lot of things I say here, and I won't claim to know everything or even a lot of anything"........you are still giving yourself too much undeserved credit, everything that I and what every other believer here have said to you have gone right over your head, your lack of Godly discernment and stubborn pride won't allow you to acknowledge it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#518376 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
My folks were missionaries too, but have me, the redneck bastard child... Plus 3 other sons do deal with; a pothead, a loser, and a pedophile. They done f_cked up.
The Lord works in mysterious ways.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#518377 Apr 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.....We sing Modern Christian songs.....Like "Gods NOT dead...He's surely alive...He's living on the inside...Roarin like a Lion..."...And many more.....Usually ones sung on the radio.....
I like those Epiphany. Sometimes I also like to listen to some of the older gospel songs that have gone out of style. Really enjoy learning some of the backstories to them. Some of the greatest (imo) songs in church were born out of tragedy. But it seems that even through it God worked to touch so many over the years. God bless.

Fennario

#518378 Apr 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
there was a huge brew ha over this subject
Brouhaha
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bro...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#518379 Apr 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...my parents weren't missionaries but my dad was a part-time minister for the area churches where I grew up...does that get me in to the club???
Well...

....alright.

$5

Location hidden

#518380 Apr 10, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Scriptures to Atheist is almost like holding up crossed fingers in their face---they shake and tremble--lol
They doesn't affect me that way, but I do wonder about the intelligence of a person who only pastes scripture in a post with no accompanying commentary or opinion.

Odds are that atheists will skip the scripture and believers will have seen or heard it thousands of times, so I still wonder at the purpose. Odds are also pretty good that the atheists have seen the scriptures before too, if nowhere else, on Topix.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#518381 Apr 10, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I like those Epiphany. Sometimes I also like to listen to some of the older gospel songs that have gone out of style. Really enjoy learning some of the backstories to them. Some of the greatest (imo) songs in church were born out of tragedy. But it seems that even through it God worked to touch so many over the years. God bless.
Here is an old timey gospel using a baseball analogy describing our walk with Christ, hope the link doesn't stall like it does on my PC.

Fennario

#518382 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheists don't believe in the existence of deities.
And they have tremendous faith in that belief.
I have (religious) faith in nothing. If you are using the word some other way, please indicate as much.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
your faith in the nonexistence of any deity strengthens your belief in it.
I have no faith. And don't worship. I am a skeptic and a free man.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do atheists seem so afraid of the word "faith"??
Afraid? We reject the option of having faith. It is a mistake.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It simply means complete trust or confidence in something, like an atheist's opinion (belief) that there are no deities.
No it doesn't. It means something very different to me. It means choosing to believe without evidence.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#518383 Apr 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any faith.
And yes, it is used as an insult. You insist that it's true without bringing an argument or providing a quote that supports your claim.
Why else would you say it?
Yes you do have faith.

Faith is complete trust or confidence in something, it isn't limited to a religious or Christian definition.

You say you have confidence that God isn't real or is unlikely to be real as depicted from the bible.

I say you have faith that God isn't real or is unlikely to be real as depicted from the bible.

Same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Big Al 701,382
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 20 min Dada 79,369
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Sammy 995,724
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 28 min Big Al 448,349
Heros of the Simpson criminal trial 31 min Johnny 48
Trump National Guard about more that just "ille... 33 min Johnny 113
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 41 min Johnny 35