Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#518327 Apr 10, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Get lost you sniveling little bastard. With the thousands of threads available on Topix you show up here to tell these folks they have no right to be here. These people were here long before you showed your ass around these parts.
Topix doesn't seem to mind ...this thread has run for several years. Do you know better than Topix what is good for Topix? Perhaps you should go cry to Topix. Sheese, what a crybaby.
I rarely see you upset in your postings, HU ~ but thank you for this one :)

You have said much that I wouldn't written, but feel that the words chosen are worthy of the deed; thanks again and see your words later!!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#518328 Apr 10, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
and then goes on to post
<quoted text>
Good one Stuart........
Stuart may not be the best character to use as a stand-in for me. Stuart cardinal feature is his insecurity. I'm pretty much not that.

Do you want help with this? Tell me the three qualities of me that you want to symbolize. Let's assume that they are mostly negative. How about arrogant, rude, and outspoken? Eric Cartman.

Or give me three of your own. I can do this for you.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#518329 Apr 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy for you to say. Men just do the shake and go dance.
It might make sense to someone that is leaving their church due to rough toilet paper in the bathrooms! Especially the one-ply paper...not good at all. I call it service station paper.
I went to this one church...they didn't even have bathrooms. It wasn't as simple as going outside either...it was surrounded by a cemetery. It just didn't seem right...peeing in a cemetery. I was not about to piss on someone's grave. So...we had to hold it till we got home. Some of those services just seemed to go on and on too.
Have you ever wondered what they used in Biblical times...for toilet paper. Where I grew up...you had to learn real quick what poison ivy/sumac/poison oak leaves looked like! YIKES if you used the wrong leaves!!! Now that for sure would make you lose your religion.
LOL...Now this was funny...I don't care who ya are

#518330 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I do not know much about the false science notions because in my university education we were only permitted to quote, in essays or anything we had to prepared for our professors, science that had been tested, and at least at that time, considered to be fact. If something was believed by scientists but not yet discovered to be true, then that was so stated. I know that some of the things we were taught as fact back 40 to 50 years ago has been changed by more recent scientific discoveries, and added to by more recent scientific discoveries (example: the periodic table of the elements is much bigger now than it was when I learned in back in university, because man has discovered new elements or actually created them in the lab (though some will not stay in that form in nature).
As for how and where everything came from, science doesn't have the answers, and I fully suspect that many questions will never be answered, simply because we are talking about something that is such a huge amount of time ago, that there is just no way of proving it.
Creation, though, as still believe by some fundamentalist Christians, though certainly not by all Christians, has no proof, and no basis for even holding onto that theory, other than it tends to shake the very structure of religious faith, for many, to toss that out.
It is much easier for me to believe that the things we see today came from something that existed in the past, and has evolved over many billions of years to what we now see. To believe that everything came as we see it today from absolutely nothing by the thought of some unseen, never proved entity, which if nothing existed, could not have existed either, just is too much for my small brain to understand.
Some of the things known by science today are beyond my understanding too, and often I come upon things that have been taught in schools for years, I assume, that I had not heard of before, even though I have a very good education, and consider myself fairly current. Man has developed and learned so much just in my lifetime, that men previously never even imagined that it is mind boggling to try to get one's mind around all of it.
Still man has not yet found any evidence to support a Creation or a Creator. That last sentence is an absolute truth. If you or anyone else denies it, then how do you explain that not all people (in fact fewer all the time) believe that this proved God exists. Something that has been proved to exist, as important in the lives of so many as a god is, would surely be fully known by all by now, if that proof actually existed.
You can easily believe that everything came from nothing, but cannot believe that everything you see was created? I guess you have explained the difference between believers and non-believers here; we cannot imagine the incredible life forms that fill this planet evolving from a fluke of circumstance,(sort of taken from Francis Collins, but worded in my own way) and you can. Simple. End of debate.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#518331 Apr 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You know my thoughts. There is no hell, and those that utter fool because they don't like my antiecclesiatical sentiments are liable to my judgment.
Sorry, but I don't care to debate scripture. Scripture is meaningless to me. It's only use is to debunk the claims of Christianity.
"to debunk the claims of Christianity"

good luck with that! even the roman empire at its height decided that since they couldn't beat us they would have to join us (albeit with a pagan twist)!

there's a lot of dorks like you that are long forgotten and of which the worms ate their very proud brains, but here we are 2000+ years later and going strong;)

#518332 Apr 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
as the sun shines on the daffodils and as the moon streaks the midnight sky so may your coffee and solitaire be filled with radiant warmness:-)
is this the kind of stuff you prefer over the truth that can change a life from suicidal & destitute to hope-filled & heaven bound?:)
Much better than some of the muck being posted in here :)

Fennario

#518333 Apr 10, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
example; IANS stop being a hypocrite! See how I did not use a Bible passage to call you a hypocrite?
That's much better. Thanks.
http://tnaron.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/jac...

Fennario

#518334 Apr 10, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Here For Now..I been on an emotional Roller Coaster dealing with his complications of his incurable disease.He was rushedd to the Hospital on March 13.He had an absess below bellybutton..on the inside of body....HAD Emergency surgery in ER..........Had to drain it.,,,,,,,and control blood pressure,and vital signs, Give two units of Blood.. Was given major antibiotics.interveneously...H e was in critical condition and put in ICU.....Many people Prayed... Next day upgraded to GOOD.....Kept him for a week..NOW hospital bed in living room.....Nurses helping daily.... Trying to get his strength back before going back in.....He is 120 pounds..........skin and bones.. No fat... OK.. Friday he is scheduled for major surgery.. They are going to cut the diseased part out of his small intestine,, and sew back together.. He will be in Hospital a week or more.......Depends on outcome.. Keep him in your Prayers..I am really down..emotionally..
Sorry.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518335 Apr 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy for you to say. Men just do the shake and go dance.
It might make sense to someone that is leaving their church due to rough toilet paper in the bathrooms! Especially the one-ply paper...not good at all. I call it service station paper.
I went to this one church...they didn't even have bathrooms. It wasn't as simple as going outside either...it was surrounded by a cemetery. It just didn't seem right...peeing in a cemetery. I was not about to piss on someone's grave. So...we had to hold it till we got home. Some of those services just seemed to go on and on too.
Have you ever wondered what they used in Biblical times...for toilet paper. Where I grew up...you had to learn real quick what poison ivy/sumac/poison oak leaves looked like! YIKES if you used the wrong leaves!!! Now that for sure would make you lose your religion.
Annie, not sure where you are headed with your toilet paper story, but our church that I attended until at least I was out of university, and perhaps a few years after that, had no washrooms, water, or anything like that. I suppose if a person was really desperate they could run across the road to the one room school that had two toilets but no water, and usually had toilet paper, if someone had thought to replace a roll when it ran out.

We did have water during the school day because someone would deliver a cream can full to the school each morning from someone's well, and that was dumped into an urn with a spigot on it which some would have a drink from on some days, or maybe occasionally someone might use a bit to wash their hands in if they got really dirty, but that would be a rarity too. I remember drinking water a few times during my 8 years of school but I can't recall whether I ever washed my hands during my school life, or not (at school, as sometimes my mother would make us wash our hands at home, and we did have a bath once a week, usually).

#518336 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the posting of it, sometimes taking up a whole page of posts, with no comments, which appears to me to have no relevancy.
Like anything else that one might want to use as a reference to support their stated opinion, I can see doing it infrequently, but to just post verses for their own sake alone, really has no meaning, and I doubt the person who started this thread had that intention (I could be wrong).
JESUS and Scriptures go hand in hand ~ for those who don't like reading Scriptures, scroll on by, but don't winge like a cry baby about it. Of course JW intended for us to share Scriptures, this forum was started after the last one was bombarded by atheists with nothing better to do than make fun of Christians. There are many in here that fit that picture, IMHO

Fennario

#518337 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
HFN, I guess I came on this thread too late to see that it was a group of Christians, sharing, and encouraging each other.
No problem. That was then, this is now. A hundred million years before that, it was just dinosaurs.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#518338 Apr 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaw gee...you too I see.
Why is it that some of you can not post without wanting to turn it in to an argument.
Go back and read the conversation that Lawest and I were having...you will see that it didn't have anything to do with why I left the faith.
After trying to explain that to Trifecta he is still insisting that I give him an explanation to what he has already claimed that I have no explanation for. So why would I answer his question...he really hasn't asked one.
I choose not to go in to why I left Christianity. I have talked about that on this thread before. I choose not to go in to that again...there is no need.
Why do you people have to take a conversation that two people are trying to keep civil and turn it in to insults? You are more than welcome to join Lawest in that conversation but I will warn you...we are both trying to be civil to each other. I won't speak for Lawest but I see no need in letting others disrail that.
If you haven't read any of that conversation it is merely about the changes that have taken place in Christianity since I left that faith.
Some how however Trifecta and yourself seem to want to turn this in to something else. Why don't the two of you just have your own conversation about me and trash me all you would like.
Now...do you like extra strong or extra soft?

who="AnnieJ"]<quo ted text
The word "struggle" was used to admit that my "concept" of what defines a Christian is far different than the more modern Christian of today.
But why do you "struggle" with that??

If I talking to a former muslim and they say to me what you say-[Trifecta...I will say...muslims have changed since my day. I struggle with that because there are many that are nothing like what I was taught that a "muslim" should be] Naturally I would then ask do you regret no longer being a muslim??

Or substitute any belief system, say a Republican [Trifecta...I will say...Republicans have changed since my day. I struggle with that because there are many that are nothing like what I was taught that a "Republican" should be.]my next thing would be "so you regret not being a republican you just not that people don't act like a republicans as you were taught??

Or in my case I tell a person say they name Jill..[Jill...I will say...Buddhists have changed since my day. I struggle with that because there are many that are nothing like what I was taught that a "Buddhists" should be] If I say that I have some regret leaving buddhism because I don't like how people represent it.

That is only explanation for you writing.[Lawest...I will say...Christians have changed since my day. I struggle with that because there are many that are nothing like what I was taught that a "Christian" should be.]

You regret or still want to be a Christian, but just not like how people represent it. That is the only thing that could mean. It not matter at all the reasons you leave Christianity. That what you say there make it clear you have regrets and you struggle with leaving Christianity.

If you no have any regrets, you would not [struggle]iyai!

You have a divided mind, and that mean you suffering. No try explain it away, it won't work.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#518339 Apr 10, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
The weather is very nice today--temps in the 20's, It didn't get as bad as expected.
Going to try to do a little fishing as soon as the Spring finally comes in, but the mountains are just gorgeous , with their snow capped.
Maybe take in a little jogging--hiking, love to do that. Not much on camping out because of the cold nights, but resorted to getting a nice camper , 5th wheel.
Love the outside and breathing the good fresh crisp air in the Mountains, just fabulous! Kinda like a good dose of medicine .
The sun is out here and not raining for a change.

I am going to hit the tread mill tonight. There is a 5k charity walk coming up in a few months that I want to do so if I start now maybe I will have my 3 miles in less than an hour. That is a 20 minute mile. I can do one in twenty minutes but I am not sure about doing that pace for three miles. We will see.

I understand about that dose of medicine...I feel the same way when I walk along the waters edge.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#518340 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
That doesn't mean that he doesn't still hate it.
It would be my favorite time, too, despite those bad songs. Most of them are insufferable, like Onward Christian Soldier, The Old Rugged Cross, and Love Lifted Me [pantomimes a gun suicide].
Today, I would use the time to practice sight singing, which is trying to hum an unfamiliar tune from the printed page. It's an amazing skill.
Nope.....We sing Modern Christian songs.....Like "Gods NOT dead...He's surely alive...He's living on the inside...Roarin like a Lion..."...And many more.....Usually ones sung on the radio.....

#518341 Apr 10, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>You came here child.<quoted text>You came here child.<quoted text>Horrified??? You've led a very sheltered life. Does the evening news give you nightmares?<quoted text>More children bearing children.<quoted text>But two people praying leaves you horrified. Are you some kind of bubble-boy?<quoted text>
Awww ...offended ...go find a tit to suckle and it'll be all better.
Ahhh ~ fancy running your children away from people Praying? I love it when my grandchildren ask who is saying the Prayer before meals, and I love it when we all take turns. I would be horrified if I ever saw anyone grab hold of their kids and run from Prayer ~ can't even imagine how a parent could be horrified by that, with all that is happening in this world. Yep, your last sentence is worthy of such rubbish as running like a scared rabbit from people Praying...... if it wasn't so darned sad for those kids of his, it would be flipping hilarious!!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#518342 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You, too, Epi. And please make sure to get outside for at least a part of it.
I did...It was beautiful here today...Sunny and 83...going to a cook out now...C ya

#518343 Apr 10, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>I'm quite sure we're all "amazed" at the skills you've exhibited here. Horrified lately?
Onward Christian Soldiers is one of my favorite songs;

"
Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
We are not divided, all one body we,
one in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
(Refrain)

4. Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane,
but the church of Jesus constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never gainst that church prevail;
we have Christ's own promise, and that cannot fail.
(Refrain)

5. Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.
Glory, laud, and honor unto Christ the King,
this through countless ages men and angels sing.
(Refrain)

http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh575.sht ***

Join our happy throng.....

Fennario

#518344 Apr 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. Christians who claim the bible endorses their condemnations and insults violate Matthew 5:22. Such behavior is hypocritical ..
Agree. If you stand for any of it, you stand for all of it except the parts you explicitly repudiate.

This is why it is helpful for Christians to know what the rest of us think. They should know what they are endorsing from our perspective, which is very different from what they are told they are endorsing.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#518345 Apr 10, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello :D
Hello Lupy..........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#518346 Apr 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you upset that she tried to get the thread back on topic with scripture discussions ?
Who's upset?

I just told her if she doesnt like the threads direction she could leave or skip over the posts she viewed as spam..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min inbred Genius 7,541
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 123,697
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min David S Pumpkins 286,533
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Just Think 681,847
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Huh 982,331
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 4 hr Ron Paul Liberty 170
News Bin Laden Reportedly Calls Obama 'Powerless' (Sep '09) 6 hr Robert Laity 22
More from around the web