Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#518293 Apr 10, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So what any of this have to do with you leaving Christianity? You still [struggling] with taking a crap and peeing at a bad church and location??lol. Most churches now lady have air conditioning, great landscaping, hotel like bathrooms and conditions. some even have restaurants and ATM's. I'm sure you can find on in your area. Will finding a nice church building with a great location give you back your religion and stop you struggling??~~grin~~
LOL The only one discussing why I left Christianity is you Trifecta. I have not said a word about it this morning...nor in any recent posts. You seem to be the only one discussing that.

So my posts has as much to do with what I was discussing with Lawest earlier as yours do.

So...

Where I grew up your socioeconomic status was based on your toilet status.

One-seater meant you were middle income.
Two-seater meant you had money.
Board nailed between two trees...you didn't even have a pot to piss in.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#518294 Apr 10, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to believe this was a thread only for Christians..Yet quickly
changed my view in learning from posters such as micah and Ham
and a few others. And as the much more intolerant Christians began showing up here, I realized this place can't and shouldn't
turn into a bully pulpit for the angry Christian crowd.
Scripture is great. I think it's used as spam and a weapon on wsjlm alot of times.
If I want to read Scripture. I will open my own Bible.
But, that's just me.
Hope you are enjoying your Wednesday.
It's beautiful here on the East Coast.. Just popping in on my lunch break..
Good Afternoon Le_le….we have a good lightning storm going on here, better than the snow they called for if you ask me ;O) I am not suggesting that this thread is only for Christians, just that non-Christians always directed me here in the past if I wanted to discuss my belief in God. In saying such, now that I am here I have folks that were on the very same threads, saying that Christians posting scripture is pointless and belittling the value of it in a Christians life. To me it is disrespectful to come to a thread knowing that it is discussing Jesus, and claim that Scripture is not welcome. I understand the weapon aspect, it frustrates and angers me on many levels as it does nothing but demean what I believe. On that same note, why should I not post scripture on a thread discussing Jesus? I personally feel like folks are drawing a line in the sand and are calling people to act out in justification…..I can not and will not do so.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#518295 Apr 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
When my husband first went to Church...He said "I Hate all tht singing....I'm not going to sing"...I said "Fine"
Now it his favorite time....
:-)
That doesn't mean that he doesn't still hate it.

It would be my favorite time, too, despite those bad songs. Most of them are insufferable, like Onward Christian Soldier, The Old Rugged Cross, and Love Lifted Me [pantomimes a gun suicide].

Today, I would use the time to practice sight singing, which is trying to hum an unfamiliar tune from the printed page. It's an amazing skill.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#518296 Apr 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL The only one discussing why I left Christianity is you Trifecta. I have not said a word about it this morning...nor in any recent posts. You seem to be the only one discussing that.
So my posts has as much to do with what I was discussing with Lawest earlier as yours do.
So...
~snicker~

Fennario

#518298 Apr 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Hsve a GREAT day today Ians....
You, too, Epi. And please make sure to get outside for at least a part of it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518299 Apr 10, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =en9ITsIaWZ4XX "High"[Right to the point message] Listen well.. Watch.. these men are eye candy,besides. THEY are Beautiful people.
Gee, Canadians too, and I had not heard of them.

I read in someone else's post above your description of what you husband is going through right now. Though he sounds much sicker than I was, I had 2 3/4 feet of my colon removed in Nov 2007, one month before my 61st birthday, because I had a major bowel obstruction. My 18 month old brother died of a bowel obstruction in 1963, and my 70 yr old grandfather died of one in 1965.

I hope all goes well for your husband when he has his surgery. I can understand why this is such a difficult time for you.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#518301 Apr 10, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>???
This not make any sense.
If you comparing your Christianity [struggles] with buying wrong pair of toilet tissue you might as well not try.
After the roll of toilet paper finish you forget it. No one not going to struggle for yrs after they buy a bad roll of toilet tissue iyai!!
You go to a restaurant, the food bad. You not struggle with that for yrs. you buy some laundry detergent and your clothes not smell as clean, you not struggle with that for yrs. you either throw it away and go buy a different detergent or use it until it done and no use it anymore and forget about it.
So comparing your Christian [struggles]with buying the wrong toilet tissue is ridiculous illogical and not make any sense.
And she knows it doesn't make sense--it is just her way of changing the subject and not answering your questions, in a belittling sort of way. Thinking your not bright enough to notice, and will stop asking her questions, that she can't answer. LOL

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#518302 Apr 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me. I find all of this citing of scripture and talking about praying for one another disgusting. You seem so weak and ineffectual.
Also, why are so many of your lives in such shambles if you have the help of a god? A lot of good that does you. What are you getting for your tithes?
And why are you grateful for such divine indifference? Doesn't that make you an enabler and co-dependent of a negligent god? It's pretty disgusting to witness, like a battered or neglected wife making excuses for her husband.
Anyway, if you're interested in how your lives appear to the non-Christian community - and you should be - that was one person's take.
For more privacy, consider confining your religion to your homes and churches.
Get lost you sniveling little bastard. With the thousands of threads available on Topix you show up here to tell these folks they have no right to be here. These people were here long before you showed your ass around these parts.
Topix doesn't seem to mind ...this thread has run for several years. Do you know better than Topix what is good for Topix? Perhaps you should go cry to Topix. Sheese, what a crybaby.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518303 Apr 10, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
If Christians are going to non believers or Atheist threads and harassing them I am against that, they are wrong in doing it. I think any in here that would do that know how I feel about it. I too have been guilty of seeing a non believer the way I see some who have been jerks to us. That is not fair because I have met nice people who do not believe or don’t believe like I do.
I don’t know what to say about the posting scripture thing. I think on a Christian bases thread that is going to happen. We believe the Bible is Gods word and don’t leave His word out of it.
It is the posting of it, sometimes taking up a whole page of posts, with no comments, which appears to me to have no relevancy.

Like anything else that one might want to use as a reference to support their stated opinion, I can see doing it infrequently, but to just post verses for their own sake alone, really has no meaning, and I doubt the person who started this thread had that intention (I could be wrong).
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#518304 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are facing an operation that your husband is undergoing, and that is a big concern to you, which it more than likely it, why come here to get "Bad Vibes". I hope you are putting your faith in the doctors and hospital staff; not just in God, for your husband's safe recovery from whatever it is that ails him.
I also hope that all goes well for you and him.
God is with our Doctors. God is in every aspect of our life.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#518305 Apr 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good A Chris, how're you today?
Good. Looking forward to our joy that comes in the morning.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#518306 Apr 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's a comment, not an insult (at least from me).
You are reliant on your faith that deities don't exist.
So?
I don't have any faith.

And yes, it is used as an insult. You insist that it's true without bringing an argument or providing a quote that supports your claim.

Why else would you say it?

Fennario

#518307 Apr 10, 2013
Truths wrote:
Christians ONLY want others to KNOW God ... So that they may know in their heart the love and peace and joy that believing and feeling God will bring them.
Great, but it's a false promise, and the claim deserves to be contradicted.
Truths wrote:
SO THAT the non believer can KNOW the CONTEXT and meaning of the scriptures as they relate to each other
Why would you think that anybody needs your help doing that, or is even interested? The language of your bible is pretty simple. It's not all clear - much is as vague as poetry.

But there's nothing to understanding such passages if you know what poetry is. They mean nothing specific.
Truths wrote:
With God- there has to be rules of engagement and conduct....just like in society.
Nope. There doesn't. That's the beauty of being onmipotent, right? There doesn't have to be anything.

Fennario

#518308 Apr 10, 2013
Truths wrote:
Think of it this way- If rapists and murderers were left out of jail- so that they wouldn't complain about being in jail....how is THAT fair to people who have commited no crime? How is that fair to the people who were attacked by the crimminal?... With God though- a person can truly say I am sorry for this crime, ask forgiveness and be purified of the burden which the crime placed in their life. Not so with the legal system of society.
You seem confused.

First you criticize easy mercy in the court system, then applaud it from your god without giving any reason why we should feel differently about them, then you describe a decadent ethical system. Nobody outside of your religion is very impressed by the forgiveness of any virtually any kind of life by an act faith. We don't forgive you.
Truths wrote:
We Christians are NOT what is causing non believers grief....it is the non believers own conscience that convicts them. Then the non believer thrashes out at the Christian ...who all along JUST wanted to help YOU unburden your life....and improve the lives of your loved ones.
LOL. You people are such children.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#518309 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong. Atheism need no evidence is its support.
Atheism meets our standards, which are evidence and reason based. You have none for you god claims, therefore atheism. Rational skepticism and Occams Razor, you know. They require the application of doubt, reason, evidence, critical thought, and causal parsimony. Faith and supernaturalism can't meet those criteria.
As for meeting your standards, it is of no interest to us whether you acknowledge and accept any of that or not. We're not waiting for Christians to see the logic in our positions, apply critical thought or reason, understand science, or even to be intellectually honest.
We are not waiting for you to be HONEST--we know you are not.
You are not able to proove anything you say.

Atheist only believe in themselves.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#518310 Apr 10, 2013
Filed. Thanks.
<quoted text>
Agreed, and well said. You might like this:
[1]“I always flinch in embarrassment for the believer who trots out,“Atheism is just another kind of faith,” because it’s a tacit admission that taking claims on faith is a silly thing to do. When you’ve succumbed to arguing that the opposition is just as misguided as you are, it’s time to take a step back and rethink your attitudes.”- Amanda Marcotte
Here are a few other quotes from this person that I liked:
[2]“Atheist are routinely asked how people will know not to rape and murder without religion telling them not to do it, especially a religion that backs up the orders with threats of hell. Believers, listen to me carefully when I say this: When you use this argument, you terrify atheists. We hear you saying that the only thing standing between you and Ted Bundy is a flimsy belief in a supernatural being made up by pre-literate people trying to figure out where the rain came from. This is not very reassuring if you’re trying to argue from a position of moral superiority.”- Amanda Marcotte
[3]“If you heard a marketer brag that he targets people who’ve been diagnosed with terminal illnesses because they’re easier targets, or a guy say he likes to cruise funerals because grieving women are easier to pick up, you’d think that person had no morals at all. But targeting people in moments of weakness to sell them religion is regarded as a normal and even virtuous strategy for proselytizing.”- Amanda Marcotte
[4]“But I also have to quarrel with the very notion that a person’s arguments can be dismissed because of anger. Smugly accusing someone of anger doesn’t do anything to discount the content of the argument. I’d argue that people who see vile behavior in the name of religion and don’t get angry are the ones who have something wrong with them.”- Amanda Marcotte
I like those.

BTW, Jesus is coming back for the Raptor.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#518311 Apr 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...

QUOTE who="AnnieJ"]<quo ted text
Lawest...I will say...Christians have changed since my day. I struggle with that because there are many that are nothing like what I was taught that a "Christian" should be.
That is what you wrote. That has [nothing] to do with anything you're [now] talking about...toilet tissue or taking a crap, or graveyards or poison ivy or anything like that.

You claim you're struggling with in your own words [many] that are nothing like you were taught a Christian should be.

The reasons you left Christianity does not matter.

Again, why are you "struggling" with s philosophy you left behind? why are you looking for or [struggling]with qualities you were taught a Christian should have when you walked away from those qualities yourself as a former Christian???

That is contradictory, nonsensical and illogical. And you do not have a plausible explanation for your position so you go off in some crazed rantings about taking a crap and poison ivy. Your logic is crap and your position in-explainable, reason why you go off about crapping pissing and poison ivy to hide behind your foolish baseless writings.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#518312 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
That might be a good idea. You really should keep your religious tastes and practices to yourself - like sex.
I don't really care what consenting adults do behind closed doors. I'm very broad minded in that regard.
But why do these Christians have to flaunt their religious orientations and practices in public, and shove it down everybody's throat?
You came here child.
Some of you are flaming Christians, walking around with your bibles showing and crucifixes dangling where people can see them. Is that some kind of signal so that you can identify one another?
Some of you have bumper stickers that say things like, "Warning. I break for rapture." I don't even want to know what that is. Keep it to yourselves.
You came here child.
I once ran into two Christians praying together behind the bushes in a public park - in broad daylight, and when I was with my kids. I was horrified.
Horrified??? You've led a very sheltered life. Does the evening news give you nightmares?
I don't want them seeing that. I covered their eyes and hurried them along.
More children bearing children.
And I wish that they would warn us on TV when a show contains religion. I don't mind nudity, violence, coarse language or adult situations. I couldn't imagine watching too many movies with none of them.
But two people praying leaves you horrified. Are you some kind of bubble-boy?
But religion offends me.
Awww ...offended ...go find a tit to suckle and it'll be all better.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#518314 Apr 10, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
And she knows it doesn't make sense--it is just her way of changing the subject and not answering your questions, in a belittling sort of way. Thinking your not bright enough to notice, and will stop asking her questions, that she can't answer. LOL
exactly right. I told her if she tried to defend her position she would just end up looking more ridiculous, and iyai! she went on ahead anyways and tried a stunt to change my focus on her illogical and contradictory position, and she failed.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#518315 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
That's what I said: you're flaming Christians. Nobody wants your lifestyle shoved down their throat. Get a room.
Better yet, get a closet.
Awww, bubble-boy; why don't you just find the door. Preferably the one you entered thru ...lest you become "horrified".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min ROG 71,124
After 2 years of being together, we broke up. 1 hr lookforlove23 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Johnny 447,265
Simpson made morgue's embalmer's job......"easy" 4 hr Doctor REALITY 1
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 4 hr Doctor REALITY 33
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Liam 699,305
Should I get shoes for long distance gf? 5 hr chard64 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr nanoanomaly 994,961