Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#518275 Apr 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Annie.........telling people the truth about sin and the consequences thereof is not tearing them down or is it a failure on the part of the believer to display his or her "light", anyone with real reasoning about them would take heed to the things which they had heard to avoid the harsh warning s giving forth by the Word, granted that some people are very sharp and blunt about delivering this message of hell and destruction but the truth behind the warnings are not false and these things will come to pass.
I've noted over the years that many people who are lukewarm and only half serious about their salvation right down to complete unbelievers often don't mind hearing about the love of Jesus toward us all, they generally want the world and do not mind have Jesus "thrown" into the mix as well so long as the preaching is all flowery and feel good sermons, but so many do not want the Word to come and convict them of any of their wrong doings to clean them up in their lifestyle and so they then become offended and fall away from the Lord completely.
Telling people of the love of God through his son Jesus Christ is the primary and most important message that we as believers are suppose to carry, but a stern warning against rejection and the wages of sin should also be made known as well, albeit not neccesarily in a harsh and demeaning manner.
Peace.
Perhaps the problem is where you pick and choose to do that. Is sabotaging a discussion to tell people where they are going wrong in their lives and to tell them things they have likely heard thousands of times before about the horrible fate that awaits them really being heard, or is it, as appears, just ticking off people because it gives the impression that you think you are a perfect "saved" person while the rest are all sinners, and that your opinion about how life should be lived is the "correct" opinion?

I strongly suggest, if you want a platform for your proselytizing, that you pick a street corner, where people can walk by, if they don't want to hear you, or a policeman can move you on if you are actually restricting the rights of others in that environment. Why pick a discussion site with a posted topic, that some people might actually want to discuss, rather than be preached at?

Another suggestion is ask your minister if you could preach in your church some Sunday, or whatever day you usually go to church, if you do.

Location hidden

#518276 Apr 10, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
<quoted text>OH,,Its the Doctor!! I am restassured The Doctor is In.. What are you talking about???? I Believe in Jesus.. I believe there is Eternal Life after this Life.. Where do you get your assinine ideas?? The greatest Physician of All..IS Jesus Christ,, MY Lord and Savior.. Why do you STILL choose to insult me?? I been gone a year and a half.. I get the same Bad Vibes I had before.. when You are in my presence..
If you are facing an operation that your husband is undergoing, and that is a big concern to you, which it more than likely it, why come here to get "Bad Vibes". I hope you are putting your faith in the doctors and hospital staff; not just in God, for your husband's safe recovery from whatever it is that ails him.

I also hope that all goes well for you and him.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#518277 Apr 10, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>???
This not make any sense.
If you comparing your Christianity [struggles] with buying wrong pair of toilet tissue you might as well not try.
After the roll of toilet paper finish you forget it. No one not going to struggle for yrs after they buy a bad roll of toilet tissue iyai!!
You go to a restaurant, the food bad. You not struggle with that for yrs. you buy some laundry detergent and your clothes not smell as clean, you not struggle with that for yrs. you either throw it away and go buy a different detergent or use it until it done and no use it anymore and forget about it.
So comparing your Christian [struggles]with buying the wrong toilet tissue is ridiculous illogical and not make any sense.
Easy for you to say. Men just do the shake and go dance.

It might make sense to someone that is leaving their church due to rough toilet paper in the bathrooms! Especially the one-ply paper...not good at all. I call it service station paper.

I went to this one church...they didn't even have bathrooms. It wasn't as simple as going outside either...it was surrounded by a cemetery. It just didn't seem right...peeing in a cemetery. I was not about to piss on someone's grave. So...we had to hold it till we got home. Some of those services just seemed to go on and on too.

Have you ever wondered what they used in Biblical times...for toilet paper. Where I grew up...you had to learn real quick what poison ivy/sumac/poison oak leaves looked like! YIKES if you used the wrong leaves!!! Now that for sure would make you lose your religion.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#518278 Apr 10, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
I think this time I’m really calling it quits.
That might be a good idea. You really should keep your religious tastes and practices to yourself - like sex.

I don't really care what consenting adults do behind closed doors. I'm very broad minded in that regard.

But why do these Christians have to flaunt their religious orientations and practices in public, and shove it down everybody's throat?

Some of you are flaming Christians, walking around with your bibles showing and crucifixes dangling where people can see them. Is that some kind of signal so that you can identify one another?

Some of you have bumper stickers that say things like, "Warning. I break for rapture." I don't even want to know what that is. Keep it to yourselves.

I once ran into two Christians praying together behind the bushes in a public park - in broad daylight, and when I was with my kids. I was horrified. I don't want them seeing that. I covered their eyes and hurried them along.

And I wish that they would warn us on TV when a show contains religion. I don't mind nudity, violence, coarse language or adult situations. I couldn't imagine watching too many movies with none of them.

But religion offends me.

Location hidden

#518279 Apr 10, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You said,“but when people (and some do) constantly post things that are irrelevent to the topic, it takes up space, and makes it difficult to catch up to posts because you have to skip through all the irrelevent stuff to get to the next post that might have something in it to discuss.”
Don’t tell the Christians, tell your friends. Have you actually read what they have been posting? I suppose their sex lives, seduction, getting it on and other un related subjects (that we are not wanting to know) fit in better with a topix about Jesus than Scripture does. No, not by a long shot. Why should we feel the need to talk to people about our beliefs when they already know the answers? They have heard it before. Wonder why they keep asking. Oh yes, I remember, It is so they can get a cheep shot in at a Christian. Find your own answers. You can ask God the same way we do. Oh wait, you don’t believe in God, then asking questions is all a put on.
Oh and trying to threaten someone is not about the subject either. It didn’t work though. These guys, the gang, are pathetic and that is putting it nicely.
If you can not humble yourselves and let God into your lives you are never going to understand a personal relationship with God. Ask Him not us.
You made some good valid points but sort of blew it all apart with that last "begging the question" statement. Some of these people, including me, are not going to humble ourselves and let God into our lives, because for us there is not such a thing as a god, as far as we know, and we are certainly not here to seek God from those who claim to be believers on Topix.

Some of the people you talk about who act in an inappropriate manner, I have watched being abused for years by good "Christian" posters, whose only purpose, it seems, for coming to Topix, is to attack what they think are "sinners".

If you join a site which is set up for discussion of various topics, and you select a particular topic, such as this one, which has lots of things to be discussed about it, then why would you come to it if you are not prepared to have people try to give their own opinions and/or refute yours?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#518280 Apr 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> This Annie is why we have to focus and center our full attention on Christ Jesus and him along, if you follow up behind what the people around you are doing you will likely always be led astray, but something in your post that I want to focus on and ask you when you made reference to women wearing pants, we too do not believe in that also as we believe the Bible teaches that a woman should not wear that which pertains to a man, and vice versa, just out of curiousity, what denominational teaching were you brought up in.
I don't think you could call it denominational teaching...my dad would have called it Bible teaching. For most of my life I attended an old country Methodist church. I was exposed however to many others. My dad did a lot of quest speaking at different churches...some Pentecostal, Baptist and non-denominational.

Fennario

#518281 Apr 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
that flaming sword is apart of our daily armor to keep him from gaining a foothold in our lives
That's what I said: you're flaming Christians. Nobody wants your lifestyle shoved down their throat. Get a room.

Better yet, get a closet.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#518282 Apr 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy for you to say. Men just do the shake and go dance.
It might make sense to someone that is leaving their church due to rough toilet paper in the bathrooms! Especially the one-ply paper...not good at all. I call it service station paper.
I went to this one church...they didn't even have bathrooms. It wasn't as simple as going outside either...it was surrounded by a cemetery. It just didn't seem right...peeing in a cemetery. I was not about to piss on someone's grave. So...we had to hold it till we got home. Some of those services just seemed to go on and on too.
Have you ever wondered what they used in Biblical times...for toilet paper. Where I grew up...you had to learn real quick what poison ivy/sumac/poison oak leaves looked like! YIKES if you used the wrong leaves!!! Now that for sure would make you lose your religion.
So what any of this have to do with you leaving Christianity? You still [struggling] with taking a crap and peeing at a bad church and location??lol. Most churches now lady have air conditioning, great landscaping, hotel like bathrooms and conditions. some even have restaurants and ATM's. I'm sure you can find on in your area. Will finding a nice church building with a great location give you back your religion and stop you struggling??~~grin~~

Location hidden

#518283 Apr 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> People and even professing Christians may change Annie, but God's Word will never change, and if anyone professing themselves to be a born again believer they will have to come up to the Word standard or they will remain stagnate in their growth toward God.
This thread is for such discussions, so don't hold anything back, elaborate on what you want say.
Peace.
Lawest, you a human, I assume, are making a blanket statement about an invisible supernatural entity, which man imagines but has never seen, and it appears you are making statements about that being as if you know even better than that entity does what it will always do.

If you are being literal and by "God's Word" you mean the Bible as it was first written (before the thousands of edits and translations, mistranslations, bad copying, etc.), then perhaps you are right that the book, called the Bible, will never change because it was written long ago and the writers are dead now and so cannot change it.

If however you are Muslim and believe that God's word is what was dictated by the allegedly illiterate Muhammad to his literate assistants who supposedly then wrote the words down into what is now called the Quran, then you are talking about a different 'God's Word' entirely. In that case God's Word written some 1800 years ago was already changed some few hundred years later.

Putting all that aside, the Bible as we generally know it, will become less and less a known piece of writing as we progress into the 21st century (which is all that a lot of us will do, since we are too old to go further), and will likely become only a book that is looked at in schools as examples of ancient writings of ancient religions in the coming centuries.

Considering the amount of changes in the world in the 20th century and increasingly in the 21st, I cannot imagine that the Bible and the religions that have sprung out of it can survive many more decades.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#518284 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the problem is where you pick and choose to do that. Is sabotaging a discussion to tell people where they are going wrong in their lives and to tell them things they have likely heard thousands of times before about the horrible fate that awaits them really being heard, or is it, as appears, just ticking off people because it gives the impression that you think you are a perfect "saved" person while the rest are all sinners, and that your opinion about how life should be lived is the "correct" opinion?
I strongly suggest, if you want a platform for your proselytizing, that you pick a street corner, where people can walk by, if they don't want to hear you, or a policeman can move you on if you are actually restricting the rights of others in that environment. Why pick a discussion site with a posted topic, that some people might actually want to discuss, rather than be preached at?
Another suggestion is ask your minister if you could preach in your church some Sunday, or whatever day you usually go to church, if you do.
Hello Boosts, first off I personally am not a preacher, so I seek no platform to try "proselytizing" anyone, but there are people actually get helpful edification from hearing the Word witnessed to them, something that you wouldn't have any understanding about, I don't "preach at" people also and don't always make it a point to throw Godly based conservation up to strangers on the street, your entire post is based off of idiotic assumption, And no one is perfect as I have pointed out before, but sadly YOU appear to be perfect in maintaining a record on this thread as someone who is without a single clue to what you are trying to discredit and put down, and the more you try the more you make yourself look so bad in the eyes of others.

But asking you to stop and to save yourself some dignity is already a moot pointy with you.

Fennario

#518286 Apr 10, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Present
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HDTBMyByX_wXX
Best Stones album.

I got silence on my radio
Let the air waves flow
Oh I'm sleeping under strange strange skies
Just another mad mad day on the road
My dreams is fading down the railway line
I'm just about a moonlight mile down the road

Still my favorite Stones song. It brings tears.

You're really amazing to know so much about such things.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#518287 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are facing an operation that your husband is undergoing, and that is a big concern to you, which it more than likely it, why come here to get "Bad Vibes". I hope you are putting your faith in the doctors and hospital staff; not just in God, for your husband's safe recovery from whatever it is that ails him.
I also hope that all goes well for you and him.
While the last sentence in your post to Dawn was civil and thoughtful, you should really leave out your worthless "two cents" to her on how she should go about displaying her faith for her ailing husband, By putting that trust and faith in God alone she is doing it just the way that it should be done, and I think that it is a lack of real class on your part to try and interject your unwelcome and faithless advice to whom she should put that trust in, if God is ready to receive hert husband unto himself, then he will do so and there is nothing that can be done about that, his will WILL be done, however if not then the prayer of the faithful will heal and deliver the sick.

Keep your biased unbeleif faithless rhetoric to yourself because I am sure that it is not wanted or appreciated.
Phil Gray

Krasnogorsk, Russia

#518288 Apr 10, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, it was obvious right from the start... Winlac was a huge shock to the system, as were some other threads...
I fart up your nose.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#518289 Apr 10, 2013
HER.........not Hert.....

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#518290 Apr 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
To show that anyone can do it. The location can be anything you want. Just proving that people claiming to be "somewhere" are not necessarily "there".
Even 'grey boxing' it can be done, just not as easily.
You and your sweetie will have to move to Lima, Peru next week.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#518291 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering the amount of changes in the world in the 20th century and increasingly in the 21st, I cannot imagine that the Bible and the religions that have sprung out of it can survive many more decades.
You're right, YOU CANNOT imagine anything that is so beyond your mindless scope and experience, the Bible is not only God;s Word, but it will endure forever since it had no real beginning, but I know that I'm going over your head here.

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Psalm 119:89
89 For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#518293 Apr 10, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So what any of this have to do with you leaving Christianity? You still [struggling] with taking a crap and peeing at a bad church and location??lol. Most churches now lady have air conditioning, great landscaping, hotel like bathrooms and conditions. some even have restaurants and ATM's. I'm sure you can find on in your area. Will finding a nice church building with a great location give you back your religion and stop you struggling??~~grin~~
LOL The only one discussing why I left Christianity is you Trifecta. I have not said a word about it this morning...nor in any recent posts. You seem to be the only one discussing that.

So my posts has as much to do with what I was discussing with Lawest earlier as yours do.

So...

Where I grew up your socioeconomic status was based on your toilet status.

One-seater meant you were middle income.
Two-seater meant you had money.
Board nailed between two trees...you didn't even have a pot to piss in.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#518294 Apr 10, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to believe this was a thread only for Christians..Yet quickly
changed my view in learning from posters such as micah and Ham
and a few others. And as the much more intolerant Christians began showing up here, I realized this place can't and shouldn't
turn into a bully pulpit for the angry Christian crowd.
Scripture is great. I think it's used as spam and a weapon on wsjlm alot of times.
If I want to read Scripture. I will open my own Bible.
But, that's just me.
Hope you are enjoying your Wednesday.
It's beautiful here on the East Coast.. Just popping in on my lunch break..
Good Afternoon Le_le….we have a good lightning storm going on here, better than the snow they called for if you ask me ;O) I am not suggesting that this thread is only for Christians, just that non-Christians always directed me here in the past if I wanted to discuss my belief in God. In saying such, now that I am here I have folks that were on the very same threads, saying that Christians posting scripture is pointless and belittling the value of it in a Christians life. To me it is disrespectful to come to a thread knowing that it is discussing Jesus, and claim that Scripture is not welcome. I understand the weapon aspect, it frustrates and angers me on many levels as it does nothing but demean what I believe. On that same note, why should I not post scripture on a thread discussing Jesus? I personally feel like folks are drawing a line in the sand and are calling people to act out in justification…..I can not and will not do so.

Fennario

#518295 Apr 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
When my husband first went to Church...He said "I Hate all tht singing....I'm not going to sing"...I said "Fine"
Now it his favorite time....
:-)
That doesn't mean that he doesn't still hate it.

It would be my favorite time, too, despite those bad songs. Most of them are insufferable, like Onward Christian Soldier, The Old Rugged Cross, and Love Lifted Me [pantomimes a gun suicide].

Today, I would use the time to practice sight singing, which is trying to hum an unfamiliar tune from the printed page. It's an amazing skill.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#518296 Apr 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL The only one discussing why I left Christianity is you Trifecta. I have not said a word about it this morning...nor in any recent posts. You seem to be the only one discussing that.
So my posts has as much to do with what I was discussing with Lawest earlier as yours do.
So...
Where I grew up your socioeconomic status was based on your toilet status.
One-seater meant you were middle income.
Two-seater meant you had money.
Board nailed between two trees...you didn't even have a pot to piss in.
~snicker~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 22 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 81,277
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 1 hr Johnny 47
Heros of the Simpson criminal trial 1 hr Johnny 56
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Johnny 448,459
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr URineIdiot 701,951
Gay snap eh 6 hr Vet 15
"I thought me & you was down like stocking caps... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr River Tam 995,884