|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that was the 5th?
;p
(((*()*)))
Pretty bad an Australian has to correct me....

Third amendment.....

"No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law."
this means that a soldier cannot live in your house against your will."

I can plead that too....I'll cook for all those soldiers...LOL

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I just added this to my list of Christian atheophobic hate speech scriptures - number four.
[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1
[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8 And the result of such hate speech is predictable:
[3]ďDo not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?Ē- 2 Corinthians 6:14
[4] Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ." - 1 John 2:22
Here, unbelievers have been called fools, vile, corrupt, wicked, dark, liars, the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers, and appropriate to be tortured in fire and brimstone. The world is told that not one of us is any good. Not even one.
What do you think is an appropriate response from unbelievers to this kind of thing?
What would be an equivalent response? How about,
"Who is the liar? It is the man who call Jesus a god. Christians are trash. None do good. Not even one. They are the moral equivalent of pedophiles and sheep shaggers, and fit to be cast into boiling oil screaming for their lives."
That evens things up a bit, wouldn't you agree? Did you like it? I doubt that too many of you people will like the "trash" part. There has already been plenty of belly aching about that term, but really, is it any different for an unbeliever to call Christians trash than it is for Christians to call us any of the things listed above?
If not, why do you post things like that about people like me? Do you think that we should sit for it?
Hmmmmm right back at you.
Christians ONLY want others to KNOW God- for the sake of the person we speak to~ So that they may know in their heart the love and peace and joy that believing and feeling God will bring them.

ALSO ------
SO THAT the non believer can KNOW the CONTEXT and meaning of the scriptures as they relate to each other~ and to their own self.

Think of it this way-
If rapists and murderers were left out of jail- so that they wouldn't complain about being in jail....how is THAT fair to people who have commited no crime? How is that fair to the people who were attacked by the crimminal?

--- With God- there has to be rules of engagement and conduct....just like in society. With God though- a person can truly say I am sorry for this crime, ask forgiveness and be purified of the burden which the crime placed in their life. Not so with the legal system of society.

We Christians are NOT what is causing non believers grief....it is the non believers own conscience that convicts them. Then the non believer thrashes out at the Christian ...who all along JUST wanted to help YOU unburden your life....and improve the lives of your loved ones.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

News flash for Christians :

We have to remember that Jesus KNOWS our battles- and that we must practice
what He preached.

In honoring this: we are submitting to be MORE like Jesus-
and will grow in our skills as siblings in Christ .
Enabling our souls to be more at peace when wrongly treated by the 'lost'.

Able to be an example to the guilty party- able to pray for them to be found.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to make them happy when I can, Catcher. I've been a terrible burden to them. Two Christian missionaries with an atheist lesbian daughter. Granted, it's not my fault that sex was more important than a trip to the condom store, but still, I love them.
Qingming is an important time in the East. It's a time to honor the dead and celebrate new life.
I had the good fortune to experience it in Shanghai last week.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes, YOU posted it.
Are you doing what LAWEST did - sniping with offensive scripture and then trying to evade culpability for your choice by hiding behind it? I doubt that that will play well with the humanists.
<quoted text>
It wasn't difficult to comprehend. This was your scripture:
"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist" -1 John 2:22
You chose to tell the entire thread that unbelievers are liars, and the enemy of goodness and righteousness, assuming that you equate Christ with those qualities.
I'm here to tell you that your days of doing that without blowback may be numbered. You have harmed many, many lives with that filth, making atheists the most despised demographic this side of the law.
This is what your church - and people like you that spread its filth - have done to us. From http://atheists.org/content/bigotry-worst-aga... :
"Bigotry Worst Against Atheists - The Ultimate Outsiders? New Report Casts Atheists "Others" Beyond Morality And Community In America - March 25, 2006
"A new study ... has found that Americans perceive Atheists as the group least likely to embrace common values and a shared vision of society. Researchers concluded: "Americans rate atheists below Muslims, recent immigrants, gays and lesbians and other minority groups in 'sharing their vision of American society.' Atheists are also the minority group most Americans are least willing to allow their children to marry."
"Disturbingly, Atheists are "seen as a threat to the American way of life by a large portion of the American public," despite being only 3% of the U.S. population. Edgell said that Atheists "play the role that Catholics, Jews and communists have played in the past" in that we provide "a symbolic moral boundary to membership in American society."
You'd have to be a pedophile to be despised more than an atheist.
Let's read some of that again:
Atheist are "seen as a threat to the American way of life by a large portion of the American public" and atheists "provide a symbolic moral boundary to membership in American society."
If that isn't defamatory in the worst way and utterly unacceptable, what is? Wouldn't you want such people as that article described to be prevented from teaching, adopting, holding high public office, serving on juries, and coaching? That's exactly what happened. Atheists have been or still are prevented from doing those things because of this hate speech.
Are we really expected to sit for that? Should we not all object when Christians - including those on this thread - try to depict us in such terms? Do they not deserve our best contempt? Are we not justified in undermining the public's perception of people who speak about us like this? Should they not be shamed and ridiculed into silence?
I have worked hard, and lived an exemplary life of service, charity, and productivity, and I refuse to be demeaned like that by mindless religites without fighting back. I encourage others to do the same.
And I encourage you to stop posting like that.
Horsesh!t

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
... and a sandwich. <smile>
And you would be correct.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
No this is not what I meant by 'ridiculous reasoning'---we shall try this again.
YOU said , were me and Lawless there for the 40 years--- I turned it around and asked YOU ,since you said he may have SLEPT during the sermons-- were YOU there. that , my dear, is why I said that your reasoning was ridiculous, because you AKED if WE were there, when you knew good and well we WERE NOT, so I in returned asked you the ridiculos question.
The reason I said it MAY have been his clueless church and his cluless Christians is because, I cannot fathom anyone going to church for 40 years and DOES NOT BELIEVE that GOD exist.
( In my opinion)
Here is the original post of yours SP...you did not say "MAY"...you said..."Here is what I do believe"...read your first paragraph.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
(this is a link to my original post questioning you and Lawless as to why you would blame it on the "church")

"
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I really find that hard to believe--40 years??
Here is what I do believe, that all those 40 years, church going and church meetings, and church---those so-called Christians at that church was CLUELESS on what a Christian is and knew NOTHING about Jesus Christ, they taught you nothing because they were not truly Christians at all.
Sir, you are getting on in age, and won't be on earth too much longer, well not as long as you have been here on earth anyways, not another 66 years.
It would be in your best interest to try to find God thru Jesus Christ and ASK Jesus into your Heart. It just might make dying a
sweeter journey out of this world."

Lawless went on to say...

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> You have wasted a lifetime for nothing, because the "christians" in your "church" obviously knew nothing about the Lord Jesus, so they couldn't teach you anything, like the Bible says..........the blind leading the blind.
So to make a long story short for you. I do not believe he hasn't met CLULESS Christians in his 40 years going to church if he thinks there is no God.
But he said there are more clueless Christians on HERE.
You don't have to believe him. Your above post though makes it sound as if you are trying to prove that there are more clueless Christians out in the world than what there is on this thread.

Funny thing was...I don't agree with Boots' statement. There have been many Christians that I have met here on WSJLM that I have admired and if I wanted or needed an explanation for something that I turned to. Being Christian, even if I don't always agree with them, is not, at least IMO, does not automatically make someone "so-called" or "clueless". Sometimes individuals are but never is it a blanket characteristic. Believe it or not...I have met non-Christians that I consider "clueless".
Savy ??
Yes...I "savy" you...that is why I asked what I did. Sometimes people when they feel as if they are being attacked will point fingers in the direction of others. Which is what you did.

Instead of addressing Boots' opinion about the "cluelessness" of the Christians here you turned to conversation to the "cluelessness" of the Christians that he attended church with over a 40 year period. In other words...you threw unknown Christians under the bus while you tried to crawl out from under the other side.

Okay...done with this conversation...it is a new day.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
Ephesians 4:18
They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.
.. it seems the Christians on this thread prefer posting and debating scripture so, let's do that, OK ??..

.. basically, this verse says, "If you don't believe in God, you're ignorant, have an impoverished sense of understanding and are void of compassion." Let's turn things around ..

.. by inference, one can say this verse promises, "If you believe in God, you'll be wise, have a high degree of understanding (discernment) and a kind heart ..

.. in the past week, I have been presenting evidence that some Christians on this thread resort to unwarranted insults on a regular basis. Where's the kind heart, wisdom and understanding that is asseverated in Ephesians 4:18? What does this scripture mean to you? Have I interpreted it incorrectly ??..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
News flash for Christians :
We have to remember that Jesus KNOWS our battles- and that we must practice
what He preached.
In honoring this: we are submitting to be MORE like Jesus-
and will grow in our skills as siblings in Christ .
Enabling our souls to be more at peace when wrongly treated by the 'lost'.
Able to be an example to the guilty party- able to pray for them to be found.
Hey my friend...good to read you. I have missed your smiling face!

I can agree with what you wrote except for one thing...

You said...

"Enabling our souls to be more at peace when wrongly treated by the 'lost'."

Deb...at times...those that you feel have been wrongly treated are being treated that way because they have wrongly treated one of those "lost". Being Christian does not excuse the behavior of some...it does not give them a free pass to say whatever they want to another human being.

Both sides could use a lesson in kindness.

I hope all is well for you and that life is treating you kindly!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it seems the Christians on this thread prefer posting and debating scripture so, let's do that, OK ??..
.. basically, this verse says, "If you don't believe in God, you're ignorant, have an impoverished sense of understanding and are void of compassion." Let's turn things around ..
.. by inference, one can say this verse promises, "If you believe in God, you'll be wise, have a high degree of understanding (discernment) and a kind heart ..
.. in the past week, I have been presenting evidence that some Christians on this thread resort to unwarranted insults on a regular basis. Where's the kind heart, wisdom and understanding that is asseverated in Ephesians 4:18? What does this scripture mean to you? Have I interpreted it incorrectly ??..
You would be surprised how few people actually believe in God. Most seem to believe in books and charismatic story tellers.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Did I do that? What did I call Epi? I merely objected to being called a liar and an antichrist. What's "lovely" about that?
This is the kind of thing that so many of us on this thread are finding unacceptable and detestable: this Christian double standard. You seem to expect to be permitted to post any amount of calumny and slander for free. You seem to think that you're "lovely" for doing it, and are outraged that anybody would object or criticize you.**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
.. it seems most of the good people on this thread want to debate scripture. So, let's proceed ..

Matthew 5:22 - But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says,'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire.

.. your thoughts ??..

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty bad an Australian has to correct me....

Third amendment.....

"No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law."
this means that a soldier cannot live in your house against your will."

I can plead that too....I'll cook for all those soldiers...LOL
Lol! Sorry :-)

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>Hey my friend...good to read you. I have missed your smiling face!

I can agree with what you wrote except for one thing...

You said...

"Enabling our souls to be more at peace when wrongly treated by the 'lost'."

Deb...at times...those that you feel have been wrongly treated are being treated that way because they have wrongly treated one of those "lost". Being Christian does not excuse the behavior of some...it does not give them a free pass to say whatever they want to another human being.

Both sides could use a lesson in kindness.

I hope all is well for you and that life is treating you kindly!
I agree Annie, I'm trying real hard :-)

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>You would be surprised how few people actually believe in God. Most seem to believe in books and charismatic story tellers.
Yep.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes, YOU posted it.
Are you doing what LAWEST did - sniping with offensive scripture and then trying to evade culpability for your choice by hiding behind it? I doubt that that will play well with the humanists.
<quoted text>
It wasn't difficult to comprehend. This was your scripture:
"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist" -1 John 2:22
You chose to tell the entire thread that unbelievers are liars, and the enemy of goodness and righteousness, assuming that you equate Christ with those qualities.
I'm here to tell you that your days of doing that without blowback may be numbered. You have harmed many, many lives with that filth, making atheists the most despised demographic this side of the law.
This is what your church - and people like you that spread its filth - have done to us. From http://atheists.org/content/bigotry-worst-aga... :
"Bigotry Worst Against Atheists - The Ultimate Outsiders? New Report Casts Atheists "Others" Beyond Morality And Community In America - March 25, 2006
"A new study ... has found that Americans perceive Atheists as the group least likely to embrace common values and a shared vision of society. Researchers concluded: "Americans rate atheists below Muslims, recent immigrants, gays and lesbians and other minority groups in 'sharing their vision of American society.' Atheists are also the minority group most Americans are least willing to allow their children to marry."
"Disturbingly, Atheists are "seen as a threat to the American way of life by a large portion of the American public," despite being only 3% of the U.S. population. Edgell said that Atheists "play the role that Catholics, Jews and communists have played in the past" in that we provide "a symbolic moral boundary to membership in American society."
You'd have to be a pedophile to be despised more than an atheist.
Let's read some of that again:
Atheist are "seen as a threat to the American way of life by a large portion of the American public" and atheists "provide a symbolic moral boundary to membership in American society."
If that isn't defamatory in the worst way and utterly unacceptable, what is? Wouldn't you want such people as that article described to be prevented from teaching, adopting, holding high public office, serving on juries, and coaching? That's exactly what happened. Atheists have been or still are prevented from doing those things because of this hate speech.
Are we really expected to sit for that? Should we not all object when Christians - including those on this thread - try to depict us in such terms? Do they not deserve our best contempt? Are we not justified in undermining the public's perception of people who speak about us like this? Should they not be shamed and ridiculed into silence?
I have worked hard, and lived an exemplary life of service, charity, and productivity, and I refuse to be demeaned like that by mindless religites without fighting back. I encourage others to do the same.
And I encourage you to stop posting like that.
I cant believe your that sensitive and shallow. You need to take some self esteem courses.

Look in the mirror everyday when you get up and say things like:
I'm good enough!
I'm smart enough!
and doggonnit people like me!!

Ok Stuart?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
We Christians are NOT what is causing non believers grief....it is the non believers own conscience that convicts them. Then the non believer thrashes out at the Christian ...who all along JUST wanted to help YOU unburden your life....and improve the lives of your loved ones.
Deb...it does not unburden my life to be called ignorant, evil, wicked, daughter of satan and all those other terms that some of you like to use. Do those people want to help me unburden and improve my life? Is that what you call loving your neighbor?

Is calling someone an abomination and telling them that they will burn in hell building them up or tearing them down? Is that letting your light so shine that others will follow?

I knew...I should have just played solitaire this morning while I drank my coffee!

I still love ya anyway my friend...even though you got my blood flowing this morning! LOL

May your day be filled with the sunshine that warms your face...that same sunshine that touches my face and makes the day worth living.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Did I do that? What did I call Epi? I merely objected to being called a liar and an antichrist. What's "lovely" about that?
This is the kind of thing that so many of us on this thread are finding unacceptable and detestable: this Christian double standard. You seem to expect to be permitted to post any amount of calumny and slander for free. You seem to think that you're "lovely" for doing it, and are outraged that anybody would object or criticize you.
New rules: As ye sow, so shall ye reap.
From Condell:
"Iíve been hearing quite a lot of bitching and whining in the press lately about aggressive, intolerant, atheism ... It seems religion can dish it out okay but it canít take it: like a street thug who calls the police when his victims fight back."
Exactly. After centuries of victimizing others, Christians don't get to play victim now that we others are can defend ourselves and even retaliate.
You don't get to crap out your demeaning language - "liar," "fool," "antichrist," etc.- unanswered any more. Get used to it.
And if you do, and get called for it, don't whine. It's unseemly.
Agree with you 100% on that count.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It's confusing and depressing seeing childlike adults - people that believe in magic and in invisible, ghostlike father figures giving them orders and punishing them for disobedience - calling people like River Tam and me children.
What is more infantilizimg than Christianity? Being childlike is esteemed in Christianity. The model for existence in Christianity is the child's perspective. The Christian is taught that heís born bad and needs constant guidance and supervision from a Heavenly Father figure, who is to be obeyed and not questioned. "Jesus" admonishes them to be childlike.
The psychology of Christianity perpetuates subordination and dependency, and esteems unknowing and docility. It's authoritarian, paternalistic, filled with superstition, ritual, mythology (stories), and magical thinking. It encourages inflexible and uncritical thought, obedience, fear of the boogie man, and a sense of being watched and judged with punishment, just like a child.
The Christian often fails to mature because he grows up imagining that he is always being watched and judged by a baby sitter - a cosmic eye in the sky with a paddle of fire and a lollypop that is always tallying rewards and punishments. Would you expect a child to mature in that environment? And how many of them have no clue why we donít go wilding and berserking if we think no baby sitter is watching us - no cop is in the rear view mirror? They donít know.
They seem so ignorant, simple, emotionally labile, vindictive, cruel, unnuanced, crude, whimy, selfish, rigid, literal, and extreme - like children. And all of the lying. Isn't that normal childhood?
Consider this comment from Bishop John Spong:
"The church doesn't like for people to grow up, because you can't control grown-ups. That's why we talk about being born again. When you're 'born again' you're still a child. People don't need to be born again, they need to grow up."
and then goes on to post
<quoted text>

"Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People." Ė Eleanor Roosevelt
Good one Stuart........

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I NEVER read the Bible verse posts, just as I ignore the squawking of crows.
I generally don't read them either, and if I read part of the posts, I skip the Bible verses.

I assume that people post verses when they have no thoughts of their own.

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>.. it seems the Christians on this thread prefer posting and debating scripture so, let's do that, OK ??..

Hardness of heart does not mean lack of compassion, as the world has become more painful, many have hardened their hearts toward God and one another, for self preservation. It's sort of like choosing to have no hope in order to avoid heart break.

As for your last question, I'll answer with a question, why do you think I posted it?

I myself need that reminder too, lest I start being nasty, which I don't like doing and am not meant to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 497,661 - 497,680 of599,010
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

350 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min AussieBobby 256,264
do u masturbate? (Oct '07) 7 min trannyslut 10
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min curiouslu 719,591
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 29 min shyam 4,364
selena coleman (Aug '12) 37 min Thor 4
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 40 min magi 385
Miracles Jesus Performed 44 min andet1987 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 57 min Chess 532,027
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 172,129
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr Docter REALITY 120
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••