Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#517991 Apr 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You honored your parents.
Qinming.
I like to make them happy when I can, Catcher. I've been a terrible burden to them. Two Christian missionaries with an atheist lesbian daughter. Granted, it's not my fault that sex was more important than a trip to the condom store, but still, I love them.

Qingming is an important time in the East. It's a time to honor the dead and celebrate new life.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#517992 Apr 9, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
I want to take this time to 'thank' my 'WSJLM?''arch enemy','Hick-Up,the Chief of Internet DORKS',for calling me a 'dork' the other day,because when he did,somehow I thought about the old t.v. show,'Mork-n-Mindy',and that's why I responded to him by saying 'Nah Noo Nah Noo!'. I was actually trying to find a Mork-n-Mindy YouTube video to post in response,but ended up with this video of that precious little girl. And I'm glad I did,because I believe the Lord wanted me to use that for the Pro-Life Movement. God Bless,Doctor REALITY. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =y-7C5IfI__YXX
Cute
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#517993 Apr 9, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
How does pasting Bible verses contribute to discussion? Is this not a discussion thread?
Why can't anyone interested in their belove scriptures not look them up and read them themselves to their heart's content?
Why cant people keep their disgusting behavior and saying to them selves and think about them without sharing them with others. I would rather read scripture that some of the stuff non-believers have been posting on this thread!

Location hidden

#517994 Apr 9, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
So this is you River!
Take Care in your travels my friend... you still honored you parents, despite even I hold my tongue in such places. Would love to hear you play, and hope it remains a memory for always all round for them and for you.
Luv always River Alice in case we miss one another again.
Yep, it's still me. I picked River Tam when I came to Topix at 17 because, like the character, I was a somewhat misunderstood. Next month, I won't be a teenager anymore but River Tam always will be. So I chose Alice. She was physically altered against her will, like me, but she's not a teenager and...she's hot.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#517995 Apr 9, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. I'll have a discussion when there is one to be had, I'm not interested in trading barbs with people all the time, anymore.
I love Bible study as well, this thread used to be a great one for that. Now it's a joke, like most threads in topix.
I always appreciate it when scripture is posted and sometimes even discussed, without mockery. I know others that appreciate it also.
No one has the right to tell me or anyone else what we can post and how to post.
:)

Matthew 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Location hidden

#517996 Apr 9, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you can provide scientific evidence to support that claim, right?
You want scientific evidence that atheism is not a religion?

Are you an idiot? Just asking, no offense meant.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#517997 Apr 9, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Thessalonians 2:2
Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, 10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. 14 To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter.
16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.
Good post L Lu,
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#517998 Apr 9, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy, and thank you---yes indeed we will certainly make a change.
We will get to see our loved ones again, hoping all our loved ones know JESUS!
Yes, things are good here----just cold, lol.
:)

Location hidden

#517999 Apr 9, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Why cant people keep their disgusting behavior and saying to them selves and think about them without sharing them with others. I would rather read scripture that some of the stuff non-believers have been posting on this thread!
So read scriptures. If you can't read, they are available on CD/DVD.

Define non-believer, please.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#518000 Apr 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is Alice, I do love Alice btw, it is classified or labelled, if you like, as a religion.

Like Catholicism is classified and labelled as Christianity, it's not Christianity, not even close but no one cares about that when they wish to fling their evil (vatican) at random strangers.
Expert in all things

Cottonwood, CA

#518001 Apr 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am an Expert in all things so no offense taken.

Unless you want to change what qualifies as acceptable standards of evidence for the atheist, then your world view can not be supported without empirical evidence.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#518002 Apr 9, 2013
Revelation 2:1-11

To the Church in Ephesus

1 To the angel of the church in Ephesus write:The words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks among the seven golden lampstands.
2 I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. 3 I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. 4 But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. 6 Yet this you have: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. 7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

To the Church in Smyrna

8 And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write:The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life.
9 I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of wthose who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. 10 Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful aunto death, and I will give you the crown of life. 11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who conquers will not be hurt by the second death.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#518003 Apr 9, 2013
I am sure you can provide scientific evidence to support that claim, right?
Hahaha.

This guy.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#518004 Apr 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do read it, thank you.

Someone who does not believe.

Location hidden

#518005 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
No, I am an Expert in all things so no offense taken.
Unless you want to change what qualifies as acceptable standards of evidence for the atheist, then your world view can not be supported without empirical evidence.
That answered the idiot question.

Thanks.

:-)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#518006 Apr 9, 2013
I think this time Im really calling it quits.
Expert in all things

Cottonwood, CA

#518007 Apr 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop. They'll never stop. They'll just keep coming until they get back what you took. Two by two. Hands of blue. Two by two. Hands of blue.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#518008 Apr 9, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Thing is Alice, I do love Alice btw, it is classified or labelled, if you like, as a religion.
It is incorrectly classified or labelled as a religion, usually by theists.

The US government grants equal protection to atheism, but that doesn't make atheism a religion any more than women's suffrage made women into men.
LupyLu wrote:
Like Catholicism is classified and labelled as Christianity, it's not Christianity, not even close but no one cares about that when they wish to fling their evil (vatican) at random strangers.
Yes it is.

Yes it is.

I said it twice so I win.

Location hidden

#518009 Apr 9, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a simple concept. No belief in deities.

No belief in deities. That's an atheist. I'm an atheist.

Most of the "non-believers" here are not. The majority of "non-believers" here are agnostic. I say, they're hedging their bets and that's OK with me.

Location hidden

#518010 Apr 9, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
I think this time Im really calling it quits.
Buh bye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Pad 586,511
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min BenAdam 831,513
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 47 min curtjester1 40,218
Courtroom victim??? 1 hr Protester 2
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 1 hr Cool guy 298 239
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 443,004
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 3,738
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr Theswamiji 6,453
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 hr Tony17 99,363
More from around the web