<quoted text>Cute smiley face...:)
Hey sweetie :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#518031 Apr 10, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed my friend, and the very resaon / result of putting on the 'whole armor ogf God'! Aganst which no power can come between... Nor could there be Peace without His name... IN everything we do.
It is not so much a determination Lawaest, as much as it is knowledge of the fact, an not a pretend that this adverse spirit does not exist. I did say....“It is total and absolute dedication in every givien direction, a flaming sword which guards the entrance where no foot hold in the door is allowance... in the Light of God it alone... is given.
Truth is in this life I have never walked according to this world, but merely worked in it. In the beginning I came from my Father for that which I was sent. He gave me His Word and it has never let me down. I am always happy to share for whoever has ears.
Blessed assusrance...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =uqtar8uPDDQXX
God Bless you my brother until again and thank you.
I trust things are working out for you.
<quoted text>
We do... there is no other way.
Exactly my sister as we do agree totally here on the subject, that flaming sword is apart of our daily armor to keep him from gaining a foothold in our lives, although I may never have expressed this clearly enough, I do enjoy the wisdom that is conveyed in your posts and always look forward to what you have to say on any given subject.

God is working things out for me my friend, as we say, pray for me and I'll pray for you. Blessings.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#518032 Apr 10, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Cute smiley face...:)
"Most everyone's mad here."

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#518033 Apr 10, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sweetie :)
Hello! I sent you a message... Hope all is well... I was just going to bed. It's been a full day... see you in the morn'

ps.. Congrats on your Reining Champ Award!:)

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#518034 Apr 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"Most everyone's mad here."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lUnqbBgYZmIXX
Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?

The Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.

Alice: I don't much care where.

The Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.

Alice:…so long as I get somewhere.

The Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#518035 Apr 10, 2013
youtube wrote:
100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moaXuWJryu8XX
Everybody's the antichrist to you misfits. Epi just called us the antichrist yesterday:

"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist" -1 John 2:22

This is really all you have, isn't it - name calling? This is your religion - scapegoating others by labeling them the enemy of the universe.

It's a beautiful religion. It can't die off fast enough to suit me.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
hi ya again Lil Whiskers ..
.. hate to bring this to your attention but you're the 5th Christian in four days to resort to insults without cause.
Exactly.
lil whispers wrote:
.A small child has more maturity than this one.
Par for the course.
LAWEST100 wrote:
we have young children being brought up in the church that are closer to maturity than ol' IANS and Alice when you talk to them.
And more from Jesus' Kids. FAIL.

Fennario

#518036 Apr 10, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Women were treated as lesser beings as well as property long before the Bible existed
I'm sure that's true. And it Humanist values have been gradually emerging in modern times. We accept the equality of the genders.

From the Affirmations of Humanism:

"We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on race, religion, gender, nationality, creed, class, sexual orientation, or ethnicity, and strive to work together for the common good of humanity."

From Christianity:

"I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." (Genesis 3:16)

and

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (1 Tim. 2:11-14) " (19)
LupyLu wrote:
misogyny found in scripture written by men, is a sign of the times, not commands from anyone other than the men in power.
You're telling us that men in a moment of time wrote your bible, not a timeless, eternal god. That makes the book worthless except as a historical artifact. As you implied, in those days, the men were typically ignorant and brutal. I have no interest in their advice.

Fennario

#518037 Apr 10, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
~I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be "happy". I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter; to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you have lived at all.-
That's part of how happiness - or satisfaction - is achieved: through service and other accomplishment.

Of course the purpose of life is to be happy. Why else would you Christians willing to sacrifice so much of your time, money to get into heaven? To be happy.

It's a particularly Christian doctrine that the reason to live is to suffer. Where do you suppose that this woman learned to think like this:

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." – Mother Teresa

These are slave ethics, just like the rest of the sermon on the mount. Don't worry about your happiness. Don't assert yourself (be meek), be content with nothing - it's all you're getting - and if massah strikes you, give him your other cheek to strike, with a smile. Because it will all be evened out after death. That's when you finally get your reward, a room in a mansion situated on streets of gold behind gates of pearl.

Fennario

#518038 Apr 10, 2013
Lifelover wrote:
Other books were given for our information,
the Bible was given for our transformation.
How's that working out? Have you seen the "transformed" Christians on this thread?

Fennario

#518039 Apr 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Hey Dawn, I know what it is like to feel down and in the dumps so to speak, but please never lose focus, and you are not alone at all, God is with you even when it seems like he's not, I know you likely keep in constant prayere as I do myself but find that I can always devote even more time to God in prayer, and to take everything to him as well. Peace, Comfort and love all in the masters arms In Jesus Christ.
This is pathetic.

"God is with you even when it seems like he's not" - what use is a god like that?

"I can always devote even more time to God in prayer" - and what use is that? As you said, your god is undetectable. AWOL.

It is impossible to respect this approach to living.

[Notice that I haven't needed to call you a loser yet, at least not explicitly.]

Fennario

#518040 Apr 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I think I may have one of them self satifications.
Should I use the public form to get to my backpack?
LOL.

Fennario

#518041 Apr 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
Perhaps IANS and Alice are speaking at that level because they perceive you at that level, and thus want to speak in language you will understand. I have found it difficult, when speaking with people such as yourself, to speak on an adult level, because the other person does not seem to be able to go there.
It's confusing and depressing seeing childlike adults - people that believe in magic and in invisible, ghostlike father figures giving them orders and punishing them for disobedience - calling people like River Tam and me children.

What is more infantilizimg than Christianity? Being childlike is esteemed in Christianity. The model for existence in Christianity is the child's perspective. The Christian is taught that he’s born bad and needs constant guidance and supervision from a Heavenly Father figure, who is to be obeyed and not questioned. "Jesus" admonishes them to be childlike.

The psychology of Christianity perpetuates subordination and dependency, and esteems unknowing and docility. It's authoritarian, paternalistic, filled with superstition, ritual, mythology (stories), and magical thinking. It encourages inflexible and uncritical thought, obedience, fear of the boogie man, and a sense of being watched and judged with punishment, just like a child.

The Christian often fails to mature because he grows up imagining that he is always being watched and judged by a baby sitter - a cosmic eye in the sky with a paddle of fire and a lollypop that is always tallying rewards and punishments. Would you expect a child to mature in that environment? And how many of them have no clue why we don’t go wilding and berserking if we think no baby sitter is watching us - no cop is in the rear view mirror? They don’t know.

They seem so ignorant, simple, emotionally labile, vindictive, cruel, unnuanced, crude, whimy, selfish, rigid, literal, and extreme - like children. And all of the lying. Isn't that normal childhood?

Consider this comment from Bishop John Spong:

"The church doesn't like for people to grow up, because you can't control grown-ups. That's why we talk about being born again. When you're 'born again' you're still a child. People don't need to be born again, they need to grow up."

Fennario

#518042 Apr 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I think I may have one of them self satifications. Should I use the public form to get to my backpack?
lil whispers wrote:
Go for it caughter it is your backpack.lol
I believe that Caughter just returned from China with his backpack.

Welcome back, Caughter.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#518043 Apr 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that's true. And it Humanist values have been gradually emerging in modern times. We accept the equality of the genders.
From the Affirmations of Humanism:
"We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on race, religion, gender, nationality, creed, class, sexual orientation, or ethnicity, and strive to work together for the common good of humanity."
From Christianity:
"I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." (Genesis 3:16)
and
"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (1 Tim. 2:11-14) " (19)
<quoted text>
You're telling us that men in a moment of time wrote your bible, not a timeless, eternal god. That makes the book worthless except as a historical artifact. As you implied, in those days, the men were typically ignorant and brutal. I have no interest in their advice.
LOL... Cause you made me laugh I got you a present;

http://planetarybargains.com/PBPictures/Tee%2...

Fennario

#518044 Apr 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Otherwise speak to a fool like a fool, eh?
This is the kind of posting that has gotten you in trouble recently. You're pretty slow on the uptake there, aren't you Sparky?

You'll learn, and I'll help teach you. No need to thank me.
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#518045 Apr 10, 2013
Happy to be here wrote:
<quoted text>
She had more balls than you ever will have.
Ditto Adolf, I mean Nancy.

Fennario

#518046 Apr 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
When dealing with people in general, it is always best to let the spirit guide us and take heed to that inner voice always
And then call them a loser and a fool.

O holy! O so very holy!

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#518047 Apr 10, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... Cause you made me laugh I got you a present;
http://planetarybargains.com/PBPictures/Tee%2...
Present

Fennario

#518048 Apr 10, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Christian gossips, hypocrites...
Leviticus 19:16 You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the LORD.
Proverbs 11:13 Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets, but he who is trustworthy in spirit keeps a thing covered.
Proverbs 20:19 Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a simple babbler.
Proverbs 26:20-22 For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases. As charcoal to hot embers and wood to fire, so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife. The words of a whisperer are like delicious morsels; they go down into the inner parts of the body.
Jeremiah 6:28 They are all stubbornly rebellious, going about with slanders; they are bronze and iron; all of them act corruptly.
Jeremiah 9:4 Let everyone beware of his neighbor, and put no trust in any brother, or every brother is a deceiver, and every neighbor goes about as a slanderer.
Psalms 41:7 All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.
Proverbs 25:23 The north wind brings forth rain, and a backbiting tongue, angry looks.
Romans 1:28-32 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
2 Corinthians 12:20 For I fear that perhaps when I come I may find you not as I wish, and that you may find me not as you wish—that perhaps there may be quarreling, jealousy, anger, hostility, slander, gossip, conceit, and disorder.
1 Timothy 3:9-11 Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain. They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless. Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things.
1 Timothy 5:13-14 Besides that, they learn to be idlers, going about from house to house, and not only idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying what they should not. So I would have younger widows marry, bear children, manage their households, and give the adversary no occasion for slander.
2 Timothy 3:1-5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
Titus 2:2-3 Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good,
All quotes from that immoral reality killer, The Smelly Bible
Nice to see your posts again.

You've come to the right place with this. This is The First Church of Slander here. It's been a topic of conversation for a while now.

Fennario

#518049 Apr 10, 2013
Adam wrote:
Everybody Is attacking LAWEST100. What´s the matter with you?
LAWEST went on the attack. He used scripture, and then hid behind it. Many of us found the combination of slander and cowardice most repulsive.

Now he is getting his just deserts.

Some of you Christians need a reality check. It's a new world. If you wag your crooked fingers at unbelievers, start expecting to have it turned back and shoved in your eye.

If you want to threaten unbelievers with your moronic stories of monsters and fire - to shake your Scary Chicken On The Stick With Jingly Bells - you can expect to be colonoscoped with it.

We're not your whipping boys and scapegoats any more. You have absolutely no weapons to use against us now, and you will increasingly likely be made to pay for trying.

The smarter ones among you may already be starting to sense that.

How about you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min kent 650,056
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min It aint necessari... 55,998
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min Clearwater 182,937
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 44,942
ROANOKE Man Charged with two of Aggravated Sex... (Dec '10) 22 min NJREAL 5
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Steve III 433
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 2 hr vanhalen 41
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web