Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#517954 Apr 9, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget "Don't let scientific truths interfere with your beliefs. Curiosity is a sin."
For the life of me, I can't understand the concept of going to church.

Going to A church, alone, and feeling the vibes, I can connect with.

But going to "services", filling up the joint to hear somebody preach, I just don't get it.

Can any churchgoers here help me understand why people do this?

Is it really a religious thing? For everybody? For some, is it simply a social opportunity? Dress nice, smell good, get together with your townspeople, this sort of thing?

How about you Christians who tell us that you're not into church but have a personal creeed of some sort, who are pursuing your Christianity individually?

What do you think of the "church experience"?

I ask in good faith.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#517955 Apr 9, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she's attempting an exorcism.
Your mother cooks socks in Hell !!

Or something like that.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#517958 Apr 9, 2013
I don't particularly like church and don't go anymore. A lot of politics and hypocrisy goes on in most churches now, I prefer to donate my time and money to community causes, as the churches around here, do not.

There is no label for what I believe in so am often shunned or mocked by both Christians and non believers. I'm ok with that.

I do not like being manipulated in any way.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#517960 Apr 9, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Revelation
Prologue
1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God agave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.
Greeting to the Seven Churches
4 John to the seven churches that are in Asia:
Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne,
5 and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and othe ruler of kings on earth.
To Him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by His blood
6 and made us a kingdom, priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
7 Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
8 “I Am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God,“Who Is and Who Was and Who Is to come, the Almighty.”
Thank you LuLu... I love this book, and the message -even if cryptic - is such a journey. I think I asked you if you saw the video,'St. John in Exile'... I got it from Amazon. It is sssooooo well done in a one act play by Dean Jones... as as the island of Patmos of Turkey - but Greek - was where this was written, we were there last year, and saw 3 of these 7 places. An amazing touch down!
LuVU2 xx and God Bless

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#517961 Apr 9, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
I don't particularly like church and don't go anymore. A lot of politics and hypocrisy goes on in most churches now, I prefer to donate my time and money to community causes, as the churches around here, do not.
There is no label for what I believe in so am often shunned or mocked by both Christians and non believers. I'm ok with that.
I do not like being manipulated in any way.
>>>ditto<<<

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#517963 Apr 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But going to "services", filling up the joint to hear somebody preach, I just don't get it.
Is it really a religious thing? For everybody? For some, is it simply a social opportunity? Dress nice, smell good, get together with your townspeople, this sort of thing?
How about you Christians who tell us that you're not into church but have a personal creeed of some sort, who are pursuing your Christianity individually?
I ask in good faith.
I went to church the Sunday before Easter and on Easter Sunday with my parents. I really had a good time. The Pastor asked me to play for the congregation. I played Amazing Grace solo and then accompanied the choir and pianist. During the sermon, I kept my tongue firmly between my teeth.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#517964 Apr 9, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev 7;9
God describe great crowd from all nations,tribes,languages without of any number,
but this passage doesn't describe they are christianity or from christian churches
YOU COULD BE CHOSEN BY GODS GRACE AS SINGLE ONE ROMANS 8;16-17,NOT AS MEMBER OF EARTHLY CHURCH WHERE GODS SPIRIT TODAY DOESN'T EXIST AT ALL
2COR 11;13-15,2THESS 2;3-12?
Thank you dr shink and God Bless!

Location hidden

#517965 Apr 9, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you LuLu... I love this book, and the message -even if cryptic - is such a journey. I think I asked you if you saw the video,'St. John in Exile'... I got it from Amazon. It is sssooooo well done in a one act play by Dean Jones... as as the island of Patmos of Turkey - but Greek - was where this was written, we were there last year, and saw 3 of these 7 places. An amazing touch down!
LuVU2 xx and God Bless
Hi sweet sister!

It's my favourite book, it's amazing to me how something written so long ago describes events happening now with such accuracy. I haven't seen that movie but I certainly will, cheers :)

You went to Patmos? That's amazing! I haven't travelled for years...

Luv u sis (((*()*)))

Location hidden

#517966 Apr 9, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>ditto<<<
The only thing I've ever liked about church was singing, I love to sing :-)

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#517967 Apr 9, 2013
New Living Translation (©2007)
Daniel 12:1
"At that time Michael, the archangel who stands guard over your nation, will arise. Then there will be a time of anguish greater than any since nations first came into existence. But at that time every one of your people whose name is written in the book will be rescued."

My love for Michael also is not without God purpose for the earth.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#517968 Apr 9, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I am certain these bears would be a great pleasure to see from a distance... and close up, you have your big stick Ja? I understand any mother would show her claws and teeth if anyone went messing with her babies !!!
You change often,,, like blink and you gone, then blink and you back in some really cool avatars too..~~~smile~~~ just like mischief hey lil sister!
<quoted text>
You can dance with me on that one. I remember also mentioning time and space, but... only you said it went over their head! I might miss some posts with our time zones, but would be interested if you can recall that one, even if mentally for a jump start.
I remember Solomon well... "nothing new under the sun"! He sure did have a lot to pass on, and I know his father King David came down as far as South Africa in those times... of course it was very different then! But it is also a fact Solomon came thru to mines he also had. Many folk think that's fiction, but it's not. It is no different that even the Zulu's came south from Egypt. There are chiefs who still pass this along.
Then there's Jesus's history root via David, and him mentioning that even Solomon in all his wisdom was not arrayed like even the lilies of the field.
Thanx for sharing all you do, and God Bless lil sister.
LuVU2.
I address your post in two parts as not enough room for all.
Have to take caution with a bear never get too close at all.
There view point of humans they are food and will attact and maul.
They certainly have no fear of others due to there size.Some of them it 300 to 400 pounds.I watched them many time.I enjoy the natural order of nature.I learned much from nature.

lol the changing of the avatars some mischief but also some meanings to me in my personal thinking.They change much like the whisper of the wind.lol

Location hidden

#517969 Apr 9, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
"At that time Michael, the archangel who stands guard over your nation, will arise. Then there will be a time of anguish greater than any since nations first came into existence. But at that time every one of your people whose name is written in the book will be rescued."

I too love Michael :)
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#517970 Apr 9, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous reasoning??? When I said that he "might" have slept through church? I also said that he "might" not have been able to believe.
You however seemed fairly sure that the "so-called Christians"...the "not true Christians"..."the clueless church" was to blame.
I don't know about you but I have seen many people sleep through church...even snore at times.
I was attending a Presbyterian church for a while...loved the Sunday school class but the sermon was so boring that I couldn't stay awake. At the time I was sleeping very little at night and at first blamed it on that. After awhile...I decided that the service was just a little to "calm" to keep me awake. Those Presbyterians don't believe in shouting AMEN at all...very stoic people!
So why do you think it must have been the "so-called Christians" and the "clueless church"?
No this is not what I meant by 'ridiculous reasoning'---we shall try this again.

YOU said , were me and Lawless there for the 40 years--- I turned it around and asked YOU ,since you said he may have SLEPT during the sermons-- were YOU there. that , my dear, is why I said that your reasoning was ridiculous, because you AKED if WE were there, when you knew good and well we WERE NOT, so I in returned asked you the ridiculos question.

The reason I said it MAY have been his clueless church and his cluless Christians is because, I cannot fathom anyone going to church for 40 years and DOES NOT BELIEVE that GOD exist.
( In my opinion)

So to make a long story short for you. I do not believe he hasn't met CLULESS Christians in his 40 years going to church if he thinks there is no God.

But he said there are more clueless Christians on HERE.

Savy ??
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#517971 Apr 9, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Thanks--the Aging song---LOL

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#517972 Apr 9, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi sweet sister!
It's my favourite book, it's amazing to me how something written so long ago describes events happening now with such accuracy. I haven't seen that movie but I certainly will, cheers :)
You went to Patmos? That's amazing! I haven't travelled for years...
Luv u sis (((*()*)))
To the tee lil sister. It also amazes me how many who saw into the future as Nostradamus... that the accuracy of Jesus is ignored. Wonder is Nostradamus just a myth ???
~~~grin~~~ MY bad!

Ja... my life seems to have taken me always for reasons, yet never seen coming til it all happens. So traveling the world this way can be an amazing trip x 4. It is pure faith which has opened these doors as I don't have a cent to my name!
Blessings your way also sweet one.
(((*()*))) xxx and just know. Great to catch up a little with you.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#517973 Apr 9, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to church the Sunday before Easter and on Easter Sunday with my parents. I really had a good time. The Pastor asked me to play for the congregation. I played Amazing Grace solo and then accompanied the choir and pianist. During the sermon, I kept my tongue firmly between my teeth.
You honored your parents.

Qinming.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#517974 Apr 9, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
ALSO
as adition?
BIBLE IS MOST HOLY RAGERNACLE ON THIS EARTH TO ALLOW US TO COVERSATE WITH GOD ALONE,
our single persoanl place is holy moment of meditate,pray,contemplate with GOD THROUGH GODS WORD BIBLE
since Jesus is Word became flesh,and made completion of His spiritual WORD BIBLE TO HIS ONLY TRUE CHOSEN ONES EPH 1;2-12
2Thess 2;1 and hebrew 10;25 encourage us to be gateher together in HIM(HEAVENLY ASSEMBLY CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS)
greek language(episinagogen heaton(gathering togethe in Him) is only in those 2 pasages 2THESS2;1.HEBR 10;24
and means not earthly church only SPIRITUAL HEAVENLY CHURCH IN HIM-HEAD OF CHURCH IN HEAVEN JESUS CHRIST
past 2000 years christianity leadership abuse those passages urging people to attend their churches by man made,they are just Lied and till today LIE TO THEIR MEMBERS?

May God bless you in this
Good night
And May God Bless YOU too !---Goodnight to you, stay safe and happy.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#517975 Apr 9, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I too love Michael :)
I have 2 large oils I did of him.
One, a request from a music studio... but those who came in freaked, til the owner was forced to take it to some C of E pastor, who also freaked, and put it in the shed. But name and phone was on the back, and he at least contacted me to come and get... ssoooooo Micheal was meant to stay with me! His eyes follow everyone ~~smile~~ The music studio closed down!!!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#517976 Apr 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I ask in good faith.
I suspect that people go for different reasons, and get different benefits from it.

But the main reason, and the reason churches need to exist at all, is to help people adhere to whatever flavor of nonsense they've landed on. Churches are essential elements in the process of manipulative indoctrination.

Lots of Christians have become disillusioned with the idea of belonging to a church or even a denomination. This is a good sign, and a good trend.

The trend towards more individualized religious faith will make propagation far less likely.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#517977 Apr 9, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks--the Aging song---LOL
Have always found that one really funny... take care SP and God Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min NotSoDivineMsM 46,654
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Doctor REALITY 990,682
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 17 min Johnny 436
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min kent 692,040
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 4,411
Skype sex? (Feb '15) 12 hr willthis23 24
Is Steve Harvey's 'Family Fued' racially biased?? (Oct '13) 16 hr debi0117 12
More from around the web