Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#517536 Apr 8, 2013
Experiencing God Day By Day:

Changed through Meditation
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.(Psalms 1:2)
Meditation means “to think deeply and continuously about something.” For a Christian, this means remaining in the presence of God and pondering each truth He reveals about Himself until it becomes real and personal in your life. This takes time. In His Sermon on the Mount, Jesus accused certain would-be followers of calling Him “Lord” and yet never doing what He told them (Luke 6:46). They had the correct truth in their heads, but it had never translated into obedience. When you meditate on Scriptures, the truth moves from your head to your heart and results in obedience. As the Psalmist said:“Your word have I hidden in my heart,/ That I might not sin against You”(Ps. 119:11).
When you know God’s Word in your mind but not in your heart, it means that you have learned the principles and concepts and doctrines of God, but you have not come to know Jesus personally. You can reject a doctrine, or ignore a concept, or challenge a principle, but it is much more difficult to ignore a Person. You can have Scripture in your mind and still sin against God. There are those who can recite long passages of Scripture and yet live ungodly lives. However, you cannot have Scripture fill your heart and continue to sin against God. When God’s truth is allowed to touch the deepest corner of your soul, the Holy Spirit will transform you into the image of Jesus Christ. Don’t just read your Bible, meditate on God’s Word and ask Him to change your heart.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#517537 Apr 8, 2013
For length of days,and long life and peace shall they add to thee.
Proverbs 3:2

Let no mercy and truth forsake thee:bind them about thy neck;write them upon the table of thine heart.
Proverbs 3:3

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#517538 Apr 8, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." ~Ray Bradbury
How does he feel about burning DVDs?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#517539 Apr 8, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>No worries.:-)

Yeah, it's pouring down today. It's what U call a good day for ducks - or internet bloggers.
Lol... True dat, it's pouring up here as well :)

Location hidden

#517540 Apr 8, 2013
When wisdom entereth into thine heart and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul.
Proverbs 2:10

Discretion shall preserve thee understanding shall keep thee.
Proverbs 2:11

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#517541 Apr 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
Proverbs 2:6
For he layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous:he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
Proverbs 2:7
He keepeth the paths of judgment and preserveth the way of his saints.
Proverbs 2:8
“Here's all you have to know about men and women: Women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.”~George Carlin

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#517542 Apr 8, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
How does he feel about burning DVDs?
He was still calculating the temperature when he died.

Location hidden

#517543 Apr 8, 2013
In all ways acknowledge him,and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:6

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#517544 Apr 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
For length of days,and long life and peace shall they add to thee.
Proverbs 3:2
Let no mercy and truth forsake thee:bind them about thy neck;write them upon the table of thine heart.
Proverbs 3:3
“In politics, If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”~Margaret Thatcher

Location hidden

#517545 Apr 8, 2013
Strive not with a man without cause if he have done thee no harm.
Proverbs 3:30

Envy thou not the oppressor and choose none of his ways.
Proverbs 3:31

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#517546 Apr 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
When wisdom entereth into thine heart and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul.
Proverbs 2:10
Discretion shall preserve thee understanding shall keep thee.
Proverbs 2:11
“I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.”~Madonna

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#517547 Apr 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
In all ways acknowledge him,and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." ~Helen Keller

Location hidden

#517548 Apr 8, 2013
Where there is no vision the people perish:but he that keepeth the law happy is he.
Proverbs 29:18

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#517549 Apr 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Your religion is detestable. If you defend or recommend it, you deserve no better than it does. If you want to stand beside your church, then share the considerable contempt for it with good cheer, and quit your whining.
simplyput wrote:
Temper, temper! you act like a child throwing a temper tamper on the floor-- screaming and hitting the floor--grow up! would you.
Are you insane?
simplyput wrote:
Don't lie so much , that is detestable. You are just not mature enough to carry on a decent conversation, kinda worthless and good-for-nothing little whimp.
You are insane - and another fine example of Christian trash.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Are you suggesting that that might not be appropriate? Why? Why do you think your church, your faith, your god or your religion deserve more?

< crickets chirping >

That's what I thought. And obviously, I agree.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#517550 Apr 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Strive not with a man without cause if he have done thee no harm.
Proverbs 3:30
Envy thou not the oppressor and choose none of his ways.
Proverbs 3:31
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”~Mary Shelley

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#517551 Apr 8, 2013
"I can't even begin to describe how much I respect religious faith." ~TwB

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#517552 Apr 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Where there is no vision the people perish:but he that keepeth the law happy is he.
Proverbs 29:18
“Well-behaved women seldom make history.”~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Location hidden

#517553 Apr 8, 2013
What relation does faith bear to knowledge.

Though faith we understand that the world were framed by the word of God.
Hebrews 11:3

Location hidden

#517554 Apr 8, 2013
What in the early church show living faith.

Remembering without ceasing your work of faith and labour of love.
1 Thessalonians 1:3

Location hidden

#517555 Apr 8, 2013
How does Abraham's experience show that obedience and faith are inseparable.

By faith Araham when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for na inheritance obeyed;and he went out not knowing whither he went.
Hebrews 11:8

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Big Al 703,790
Best cosplay costumes online shop 8 min yesthatistrue 2
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min Hypocrite watch 88,368
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Redeemed Jersey P... 996,537
Are you paying for public service? 57 min annebonney 3
Should I marry my gf who is pregnant with my ch... 2 hr Choicerocks 10
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 2 hr Joe Puddin 1