|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Because to those of us who are Blessed with spirit filled discernment, your lack of God given knowledge is an open book, I don't say this to be rude or unduly disrespectful to you but that's the truth of the matter, not too many believers beside a few can attest to that but I understand that they do not want to get caught up in this useless argument which really needs to end now, I am too firmly rooted in Christ Jesus to be moved and you are as unblessed by the spirit as anyone can be, so there is really nothing else to be said.
Spirit-filled discernment? Haha. That is one step from killing for Jesus! Whoop! You crack me up.
Alas

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, but you are not qualified to give it, you are in the basket with those who do not believe.
Ego. 40,000 sects and schisms of Christianity, yet, somehow, they all have the spirit of discernment even though they hate each other.
Alas

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
If God provided for every need and ordered us to partake of it some people would still say Iím not going to let God tell me what to do and then starve to death while being miserable and thinking Iíll show Him.
Heaven is available for Ö
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Substitutional atonement is an immoral doctrine. Besides, He got better, remember? You egotists are a crack up.
Alas

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause their minds are made up..
and their hearts are set in stone..
That's why..
The heart is a pump, nothing more.
Alas

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
And that has nothing to do with promiscuity, what you were trying to make a point with.
That happens with or without marriage equality.
You can't expect that idiot to be honest.
Alas

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>As much as I would love to agree with you, I can, but only partially.
The "church" failed people. That's why many cannot believe. Not because Father has supernatural powers, because at one point in time or another, we believed in magic. People, like It aint necessary so, came to question the "magic" of Father, based on what they were taught. But, Father didn't answer. Father didn't "prove Himself." Why not, though?
People, like It aint necessarily so, heard the stories. They heard the claims. All they wanted was to witness the same "magic". They wanted their own light-show with thunders and lightnings. But, they didn't get it. They wanted to speak in tongues. But, they knew that if they did, it was fake. They wanted to heal, but for some reason, they couldn't. They began to wonder why Father doesn't heal amputees? They wondered why they couldn't perform what the bible said they would? To the logical, there was only one explanation.
How do we show them that it's not Father's fault, but the so-called "church's"?
The CHURCH made them look to heaven!
The CHURCH made them look for supernatural experiences!
The CHURCH is to blame. Not Father.
How do we show them that?
<quoted text>But, some can't live that way. Neither can I. I examine everything, until I can come to a reasonable explanation. Every account of the bible can be explained. Case in point...
1) People believe that every mountain was the same height, today, as it was during Noah's time. Not true. It's proven that the landscape can change drastically, with less water and less time. The water covered all earth, but that doesn't mean that every mountain, today, was the same height.
2) Not every animal was necessary to preserve all animals. All dogs are derived from the wolf species. That means that the wolf is the parent. Therefore, only the wolf was necessary to re-create all breeds of dog. The same is with marsupials, so forth and so on...
3) Father is Father. If He caused much water to levitate in order to cover the highest surface, then so, be it.
Regardless, the CHURCH is to blame. The Protestants adhere to the Roman Catholic, no matter if we deny it or not. People, like It aint necessarily so, awaited the Holy Spirit. Why was he disappointed? Because, the CHURCH lied.
The CHURCH had him waiting, or believing, on a function that was ended in the first century.
Over 1-billion suffer from starvation and malnutrition. Where's all those with the Holy Spirit? Where's the fish and bread?
It aint necessarily so doesn't believe in Father, but not because he can't fathom the idea of a "God" that can perform such miraculous feats. He rejects "God" because he learned that "God" interacts with us... and He didn't. The CHURCH lied, and we lost one.
How do we show him that it's not Father's fault?!
How do we prove to him that it wasn't his, or Father's, fault, but the CHURCH that led him to look for more than what Father was offering?
<quoted text>Shalowm to you, my brother. Consider my assertions before you respond. Father's not to blame. Science is not to blame. The CHURCH is to blame.
But, what "CHURCH"?
All of them.
Alas

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I understand. Fact of the matter is we are all here, because we have the time on our hands to discuss.
Whatever motivates a writer to write and respond to writings, isn't really that important. The writer has the time, and as long as that writer thinks their time is well spent here, regardless of the reasons they are here, then that is all that should count.
We all have the same amount of time in each day. How much of that time a person chooses to spend on this discussion board, is up to them.
You wrote something honest. Please don't hurt yourself.
Alas

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Chemistry? Can you please supply the chemical formula where by an inanimate object can have life. Formula please?
nah, the latest research along with more biological scientists and other scientists are [disputing and refuting] the evidence for abiogensis and the theory of natural selection.
Please supply the chemical formula for non-evidential, non-manifesting, malevolent supernaturals that somehow magically always existed in triune form! You last sentence is just ridiculous, but, Jesus Juice requires such twists and shouts.
Alas

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You needn't bother with the disclaimers. Of course the offense is personal. YOU chose to post it, YOU selected who to post it to, and YOU chose in what context.
Your bible didn't make those choices, and you are not excused for choosing to use the hate speech in it. Who made the judgment that "your post reveals you to yet be another fool"? You did, and there is no longer any duty not to judge you personally in response.
I haven't felt the need to avail myself of that freedom yet, although I'm pretty sure that you already know that I consider you a fool.
Exactly.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

St Black Pope wrote:
The churches as we know them, are the most charitable and giving groups on the planet.
That claim has been debunked on this thread recently. We looked at some audits selected by a Topix Christian of church's willing to audit themselves and publish the results on the Internet, which you would expect to be the most honest and generous churches out there. We were unable to find even one church that spent more than 7% of its revenues on charity for the needy.

Perhaps you can debunk that debunking. Can you find us a few dozen examples of churches with 50% or better rates of spending on the poor? That should be easy if your claim is accurate.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Alas wrote:
<quoted text>Substitutional atonement is an immoral doctrine. Besides, He got better, remember? You egotists are a crack up.
No I do not remember. I have no idea what you are talking about. Donít really care either.

Tell God it is immoral and try and get Him to agree with ya. Donít hold your breath though. God decides what is and what is not immoral, all you can do is flap your gums about it.

You might want to watch it calling someone else an egotist, you might crack them up.

You have got to be kin to IANS. LOL

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

St Black Pope wrote:
Actually, part of our walk with God is being here in this earth realm and bringing his light to you lost souls. If God were finished with all the unbelievers, He would call us all home to "walk with Him". We are here in service to God.
And you're doing a bang-up job of it. Nice work. You make your religion so appealing.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

St Black Pope wrote:
The fact that God does not talk to you, is the only thing that you have evidence of.
Is that right?

The evidence against your god existing is overwhelming. For starters, there is clearly no omnipotent, omniscient and perfectly loving god running our world.
St Black Pope wrote:
So, if someone taught you something that they learned from the Bible, then you disagree with the Bible, and say that it agrees with wherever you learned that from.
What?
St Black Pope wrote:
You know, like the 10 Commandments about things such as "thou shall not steal, kill, commit adultery, worship idols, etc." It is clear that you do not "love thy neighbor", because we all know that came from the Bible.
Your thinking is damaged. I didn't learn about love from your bible, nor is the concept of love and benevolence for others original to it.

Do you know of any moral ideas that are original to your bible? And if so, do you know of any attributable to Jesus? You probably consider hima great moral philosopher. But can you name any moral precept from Jesus that wasn't written by somebody else first?

I do, and they're all terrible advice, like "Turn the other cheek." Your bible is useless as a guide to living.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

St Black Pope wrote:
What about the part in our constitution where it says "that we are all endowed with God given inalienable rights such as the pursuit of happiness."
I couldn't find that quotation anywhere. I did find this in the Declaration of Independence:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."

There is no mention of your god there. Our creators could be a race of aliens, or the laws of physics and biology.
St Black Pope wrote:
By the way, "freedom and the idea of man being freed and not slaves" it comes from God and the Bible, as Moses said "let my people go".
Nonsense. Your bible condones slavery.

[1] "As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from the nations that are round about you ... you may make slaves of them, but over your brethren the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another, with harshness." - Leviticus 25:44

[2] "Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy,... and they shall be your possession ... they shall be your bondmen forever." - Leviticus 25:45-46

[3] "Bid slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect..." - Titus 2:9

[4] "Slaves, be obedient to those who are your earthly masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as to Christ...." - Ephesians 6:5

[5] "When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be punished; for the slave is his money." - Exodus 21:20

There are plenty more.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote: I knew you didn't know.
To argue that the Constitution guarantees equal treatment to all citizens, both men and women, does not say anything about what constitutes marriage, or a family, or a business enterprise, or a university, or a friendship.
An appeal for equal treatment would not lead a court to require that a small business enterprise be called a marriage just because two business partners prefer to think of their business that way.
Neither would equal treatment of citizens before the law require a court to conclude that those of us who pray before the start of auto races should be allowed to redefine our auto clubs as churches.
The simple fact is that the civil rights protections function simply to assure every citizen equal treatment under the law depending on what the material dispute in law is all about.
Besides, in order to claim that marriage should be allowed equally to all people under laws of equal rights, you'd have to first demonstrate that marriage is a right.
Can you?
Alas wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you would obfuscate. I never claimed marriage was a right, idiot. Why can't you ever be honest. Go back and read the post. There are certain rights given to married partners that the unmarried don't enjoy. To deny those to anyone is not providing equal protection. Why are Christians so inherently dishonest? Oh, yeah, your entire belief system is a lie.
You're responding to words that don't belong to RiversideRedneck.

The words belong to James W. Skillen, located here:
http://www.cpjustice.org/stories/storyReader $1178

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote: I knew you didn't know.
To argue that the Constitution guarantees equal treatment to all citizens, both men and women, does not say anything about what constitutes marriage, or a family, or a business enterprise, or a university, or a friendship.
An appeal for equal treatment would not lead a court to require that a small business enterprise be called a marriage just because two business partners prefer to think of their business that way.
Neither would equal treatment of citizens before the law require a court to conclude that those of us who pray before the start of auto races should be allowed to redefine our auto clubs as churches.
The simple fact is that the civil rights protections function simply to assure every citizen equal treatment under the law depending on what the material dispute in law is all about.
Besides, in order to claim that marriage should be allowed equally to all people under laws of equal rights, you'd have to first demonstrate that marriage is a right.
Can you?

Alas wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you would obfuscate. I never claimed marriage was a right, idiot. Why can't you ever be honest. Go back and read the post. There are certain rights given to married partners that the unmarried don't enjoy. To deny those to anyone is not providing equal protection. Why are Christians so inherently dishonest? Oh, yeah, your entire belief system is a lie.

You're responding to words that don't belong to RiversideRedneck.

The words belong to James W. Skillen, located here:
http://www.cpjustice.org/stories/storyReader $1178

Link fixed:
http://tinyurl.com/7fra757

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
I am disappointing myself in recent months by sinking to the level of people such as you [St Black Pope] in my retorts, but after putting up with such levels of poor knowledge for so long one forgets their manners.
I never feel that way. I don't feel disappointed when I meet anybody else at their level, such as a child, when we become childish, or even a demented person, for which so-called validation therapy sometimes means agreeing with demented ideas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validation_thera...

I take pride in being able to adjust my demeanor to whatever level suits my current purpose, ranging from the most elevated levels of discourse to right down into the gutter, as with the game of Rochambeau that I'm playing with Dim https://www.youtube.com/watch... .

I don't think of any of those things in terms of diminishing myself. I see it as flexibility and versatility.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Chemistry? Can you please supply the chemical formula where by an inanimate object can have life. Formula please?
nah, the latest research along with more biological scientists and other scientists are [disputing and refuting] the evidence for abiogensis and the theory of natural selection.
It happens all the time. Inanimate molecules are taken in by plants and converted into living tissues.

Dead plant matter (inanimate) is converted to living tissues by herbivores.

Dead animal matter (inanimate) is converted to living tissues by carnivores.

And all of these are chemical processes.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ah, the good ole atheist retort, "You're just ignorant. Go back to school." LMAO!! It's fun to watch y'all atheists try.
Is that an atheist retort?

[1] From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
trifecta1 wrote:
actually you're ignorant
[2] From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
LAWEST100 wrote:
Spoken just like someone with no clue of what you are talking about
[3] From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Based off of what you just said, you have just admitted that you don't know anything at all. Let's just move on from it, ok?!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It may seem that way Le_Le, but that is not always true.
But who am I to make that judgement.
That is why you continue down your path, is it not?
I do not see those who believe the Bible gives them a
"God given right" to judge and condemn their fellow man
here on earth and ultimately- to hell, relinquishing that
"right,(by proxy)" any
time soon..Do you?

And, yes it is.. Thanks for noticing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 496,741 - 496,760 of599,038
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

557 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Lab28 719,972
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min Lyndi 172,205
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min confrinting with the word 532,315
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Patrick 224,005
Transportes Lozada roba carga de Amebol (Dec '08) 11 min ENRIQUE VARGAS 6
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Porkpie Hat 256,364
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 23 min andet1987 3,944
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Thamizhan 4,467
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••