“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#517126 Apr 8, 2013
boooots wrote:
I am disappointing myself in recent months by sinking to the level of people such as you [St Black Pope] in my retorts, but after putting up with such levels of poor knowledge for so long one forgets their manners.
I never feel that way. I don't feel disappointed when I meet anybody else at their level, such as a child, when we become childish, or even a demented person, for which so-called validation therapy sometimes means agreeing with demented ideas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validation_thera...

I take pride in being able to adjust my demeanor to whatever level suits my current purpose, ranging from the most elevated levels of discourse to right down into the gutter, as with the game of Rochambeau that I'm playing with Dim

I don't think of any of those things in terms of diminishing myself. I see it as flexibility and versatility.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#517127 Apr 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Chemistry? Can you please supply the chemical formula where by an inanimate object can have life. Formula please?
nah, the latest research along with more biological scientists and other scientists are [disputing and refuting] the evidence for abiogensis and the theory of natural selection.
It happens all the time. Inanimate molecules are taken in by plants and converted into living tissues.

Dead plant matter (inanimate) is converted to living tissues by herbivores.

Dead animal matter (inanimate) is converted to living tissues by carnivores.

And all of these are chemical processes.

Fennario

#517128 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ah, the good ole atheist retort, "You're just ignorant. Go back to school." LMAO!! It's fun to watch y'all atheists try.
Is that an atheist retort?

[1] From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
trifecta1 wrote:
actually you're ignorant
[2] From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
LAWEST100 wrote:
Spoken just like someone with no clue of what you are talking about
[3] From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Based off of what you just said, you have just admitted that you don't know anything at all. Let's just move on from it, ok?!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#517129 Apr 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It may seem that way Le_Le, but that is not always true.
But who am I to make that judgement.
That is why you continue down your path, is it not?
I do not see those who believe the Bible gives them a
"God given right" to judge and condemn their fellow man
here on earth and ultimately- to hell, relinquishing that
"right,(by proxy)" any
time soon..Do you?

And, yes it is.. Thanks for noticing.

Location hidden

#517130 Apr 8, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I ain't giving away the good stuff in a public forum.<quoted text>
~smooch~
Hey, did I tell you I was in Connecticut for the blizzard? Big fun ... The snow was up to the bottom of the cab doors. I'd seen big snows before, but that was different. Truly an experience.
PS.

Are you catching any Stripers?
I have heard there have been sightings my way..
already.

Location hidden

#517131 Apr 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember our first 10 posts?
We were completely at odds...
Yes. I remember them.
I remember why, also.

Time is amazing..heals everything.

:)

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#517132 Apr 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Quantum Bob is another Topix poster. I'm sure that there are books out there, but I am unfamiliar with them.

This is a good resource, with a summary and references.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark...

There was a book written by creationist John Woodmorappe in 1996 called "Noah's Ark: A Feasibility Study" published by Santee, CA: Institute for Creation Research, which claimed that the fish and plants could have survived such a flood after all. He is rebutted in separate articles

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH542.h... (plants) and http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH541.h... (fish)

Also, Talk Origins rebuts the creationist claims that the flood deposited the geologic column at http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH550.h... , the specialized dietary needs of many animals might have come about only after the flood via microevolution at http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH521.h... , The pre-flood climate was uniform, allowing all animals to live not too far from Noah at http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH520.h... , the Grand Canyon was created suddenly by the retreating waters of Noah's Flood at http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH581.h... , all geological features are consistent with a global flood at http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH580.h... .

That ought to give you what you want.
Cheers Teddy :)

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#517133 Apr 8, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
PS.
Are you catching any Stripers?
I have heard there have been sightings my way..
already.
No ...I haven't been to the water in months.
~for shame~

Fennario

#517134 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But proof is evidence or argument helping to establish a fact or truth...
Proof is sufficient evidence or argument to establishes a claim as a fact, and has limited application. For example, if we were face to face in Riverside, I could prove that I wasn't in Boston, and didn't commit a murder that might have occurred there half an hour earlier.

But that is an isolated incident.

If I want to prove an induction - a generalization about how reality works both now and in the future based on the observations of events in the past, I can't do it, and needn't do it. However many times I drop an apple in a gravitational field and it falls, I cannot prove that it will fall the next time. Laws and theories can be confirmed, but never proven. That is, they can be shown to be accurate in describing the past, and useful at predicting outcomes in the future, but not guaranteed to always be true.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Science needs proof.
Not for its greatest pronouncements, and only in the limited sense I already mentioned. I can only prove trivial facts, such as that the apple is on the floor by showing it to you there. And I can prove to you that an apple can fall by dropping one in front of you. But that's about where proof ends.

Incidentally, proof is a relative term limited by the possibility that none of this is real - so called matrix reality or vat in a brain arguments - or that it we were all created last Thursday with our present memories of a longer history.

Such radical possibilities are merely logically possible and not realistic hypotheses, but they cannot be ruled out, and at the most fundamental level, overturn all proofs. That is, a dead body is normally considered proof that there was a birth followed by growth and then a death - unless the whole world were created moments ago exactly as we see it, including with memories of a reality that never actually occurred.

Bottom line: the word proof should be avoided when discussing science.

Location hidden

#517135 Apr 8, 2013
Alas wrote:
<quoted text>The heart is a pump, nothing more.
I disagree.

I believe the heart is much much more than a "pump".
Although an amazing organ-(without it- we can't live), to me, there's a connection between one's mind, being and heart..

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#517136 Apr 8, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>Are you gay?
No duh.
Are you an overly-obsessed homophobe that can't stop talking about gay people?
That's a rhetorical question, I already know you are.

You're projecting an awful lot, did you know that 4/5 vocal homophobes are attracted to the same sex themselves?

Montreal

#517137 Apr 8, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>With girls only.
I think the man doth protest too much.

Montreal

#517138 Apr 8, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>Still looking for a date with me?
Since I am straight I date only with straight girls
I'm sorry man, but no one would want to date a loser like you.

Fennario

#517139 Apr 8, 2013
Serah wrote:
I think it is unfair that IANS dismisses our Faith and ridicules us as such
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Unfair? This is all hate speech directed against people like me:

[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8 And the result of such hate speech is predictable:

[3]“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”- 2 Corinthians 6:14

Here,[unbelievers] have been called fools, vile, corrupt, wicked, dark, the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers, and appropriate to be tortured. Not one of us is any good.
Serah wrote:
You are the one saying you fit those pictures, not I :)
Nope. It's your beautiful bible. Read it again.

And people like LAWEST use those scriptures as weapons, and then hide behind them.

Your sense of fair is discredited. You complained about being dismissed and ridiculed, I showed you why it was fair, and you blamed me and my interpretation of your bible for that, too. That's pretty common with Christians. Nothing is your fault, and any reactions or response in kind are unfair, which is why I posted this from Condell:

"I’ve been hearing quite a lot of bitching and whining in the press lately about aggressive, intolerant, atheism ... It seems religion can dish it out okay but it can’t take it: like a street thug who calls the police when his victims fight back."

Exactly. After centuries of victimizing others, Christians don't get to play victim now that the others are in a position to defend themselves and even retaliate.

Sorry, Serah. There is much I like about you, and I would rather be your friend than not. But you stand with filth - the Christian church - and even defend it. If you want to do that, then you are volunteering to receive any and all hostility that it deserves.

Serah: "I think it is unfair that IANS dismisses our Faith and ridicules us as such"

I don't.

Montreal

#517140 Apr 8, 2013
Alas wrote:
<quoted text>You can't expect that idiot to be honest.
Yeah, he's kind of jumping subjects, and then he stopped replying.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#517141 Apr 8, 2013
Mooooorning People.....

:-)

“Failure is the foundation of success,
and the means by which it is achieved.”

~ Lao Tzu

Thought for the day

Location hidden

#517142 Apr 8, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Judy has his e-mail and she is going to check on him.....It is a Beautiful Spring day here in the South and YES I still live by the Coast.
We will be moving in a few weeks out in the country more (far away from the Summer traffic)....I'll be surrounded by Horse Farms
Thanks Epi..Please let me know how he is.
Tell Judy hello..if you would.xo

It's in the upper forties right now.
Cloudy and I can see a red sky peeping through..
Have to begin my Monday..Heading out the door.

-I knew you said you were moving!
Sounds like a nice change!
Summer traffic is certainly no fun!-yuck.

Sending my best!
Also, if you ever talk to Drew..Please give him my
best too..:)
-thanks.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#517143 Apr 8, 2013
Today's Prayer

..."Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit," says the Lord Almighty.~ Zechariah 4:6. Lord, empower me by Your Spirit today. I do not want to do anything out of vanity or just trying to "climb every mountain" on my own. I long to be led by Your Spirit, not by human initiative and man-inspired positive thinking. Please help me to be a positive, joyful person, full of Your Spirit, inspired by Your Word, and busy about Your work as I go through daily life. I pray that all I do will glorify You and be evidence of Your power and Your might and Your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

Fennario

#517144 Apr 8, 2013
Serah wrote:
What Church have I asked you to respect, IANS?
You expect respect for your "Faith."
Serah wrote:
And I also repeat my statement although altered a touch; it is you who is calling yourself a fool, not I :O)
Wrong. Neither of us called me a fool. Your bible did. And LAWEST did.

You said that I was being unfair by ridiculing your "Faith." I argued that it has been marginalizing, demeaning and demonizing people like me for centuries, torturing us when it could, and making our lives more dangerous and difficult in others ways once it could not longer minister to us in that way.

Seriously, Serah, your religion is an enemy, and it is becoming increasingly despised as people like we Topix skeptics do our thing in various venues ranging from message boards to best selling books, billboards, buses, web sites, the news, and the entertainment media. The contempt and disgust for Christianity is gaining momentum. If you want to stand for Christianity, you will incur the contempt of those who are outraged by it. Take a side, and quit complaining about the fallout. It goes with the territory.

Ask your god why he is making it so difficult for you - why he expects you to stand up for his church, but allows it to be such a disgrace that you are chastised for doing so. Why doesn't he give you anything good to work with? Just one little indisputable miracle would help. Instead, all you get is scandals and other embarrassments.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#517145 Apr 8, 2013
Encouraging Words....

For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:17

K-Love

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex (May '13) 6 min rahul 92
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min dduttonnc 97,895
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 18 min MUQ2 19
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min MUQ2 268,948
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 37 min Seentheotherside 221,743
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min truth 810,053
pijat pasutri bali (Jan '13) 1 hr ani carera 30
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 574,203
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 8 hr Coolsa 205
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 12 hr sall 163
More from around the web