“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#516861 Apr 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
U do know that i don't really think you're a weirdo? i'm just messing with u! Sorry, if i said something wrong!!
Some people say I'm mad, but I don't have an angry bone in my body.

I have an angry hat that I wear when I'm angry. It has vents for steam.

Since I'm wearing my forgetful hat, I haven't a clue where it could be.

Would you like some tea?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#516862 Apr 7, 2013
Whoa wrote:
Now I am off to see my mother. My mother is a bible thumper who abused all her children and eight husbands and yet she runs to church to get in her singing lessons and amens and pretends she is right with the Lord. She would help a stranger on the street before she offered anything to those she professes to love.
The first commandment that offers a blessing is to honor our parents. Dear Jesus Give me strength! AMEN :)
I believe it is our Spiritual Parents, Whoa ~ there are many parents who are not worthy of being honored!!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#516863 Apr 7, 2013
Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam, It is not our responsibility to do this for others. Even God lets us do for ourselves what we are capable of. I'm not here to judge or save anyone, nor could I if I wished to. I'm simply here to be who the Lord would have me to be.
I Love regardless and that is what we are to do. If others chose to go against God's WORD it is on them the consequences and there are always consequences to our actions. "IF" we obey and honor the Lord our steps will be guided. Do you honestly believe Jesus hates anyone for their choices? NO, He does NOT!
Greetings :)

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#516864 Apr 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
YES, I DO!! LOL
I thought u were gonna make me a hat, u'r so, so , so....a word i can't think of atm!
I've never had that done, i just buy hats from shops.
It's a sunday, today! That's all I know.
I'm quite a character, aren't I?

Sunday...Sunday...Sunday...

What a wonderful idea!

I'll get the syrup, you get the ice cream.

Do you like nuts?

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#516865 Apr 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know there are over 600 laws written in the bible. The 10 commandments are just the beginning.
American law follows most of the commandments, btw. Including the sabbath.
Betcha didn't know that, either.
I almost said that when they were going on and on about breaking commandments of old times and protecting sinners. What they meant was they were judging and didn't agree I wouldn't go along with that nonsense. I'm not God and I will not judge when I can help it - God help me.:)

When we know Jesus we become very uncomfortable sinning so it's not that much of a let down we aren't supposed to practice, nor enjoy living in sin and pretending Grace covers it all.

A Time to be candid.

#516867 Apr 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How would I know if your god is blessing me? Would being happy and healthy count? If that's any kind of meaningful sign from above, it has to be a sign of approval - right? How do you account for that? And please don't wheel out Scary Chicken this time.
True believer .... ah pay attention ADAM ... believe we are all blessed regardless. Those that pay attention and obey and do what they can to bless the Lord will be blessed more than those that choose to sin and pretend.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#516868 Apr 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops!
I thought it was a yea party where the tea was whiskey....
*sneaks a sip*
*hiccup*
Am I mistaken?
*stumbles*
Man,your life must be REAL 'B-O-R-I-N-G'.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#516869 Apr 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many different kinds of tea.
If you mistook one, try taking it again.
I like a nice fresh squeezed tea myself.
What a coinkeedeenk....

I have a fresh squeezed blonde.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#516870 Apr 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I've lost so much of myself already!
I made the best tea.
Why make anything else, you silly girl?
I've got a new hat, if you'd like to try it out. It's made in such a way that it casts a shadow over the body so dark that you never need to wear clothes! I call it "Displayed in the Shade".
ROFL!

U called me a "silly girl"! OMG, I'M IN SHOCK! That's what my papa calls me all the time! God, it's freaky comin' from u!!

Won't it make u invisible then?

Are u gonna let me study, are u??? I gotta go, i seriously must, i'm gonna kick myself! LET ME GO, PLEASE!!!!! I'm gonna shut the lap down, SHUT IT DOWN, SHUT IT DOWN, u dimwit!!!

See ya guys tomorrow, if i try to wiggle my butt back in, u guys better do the best thing for me and just ignore me!!

xOXOx

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#516871 Apr 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
If your last dental exam felt like a colonoscopy, you might need a new dentist.
It was a female dentist....

Oy...

A Time to be candid.

#516872 Apr 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just as strange a minute ago as I am now.
The better you get to know me, the less a stranger I'll be.
Hi Tide with Beach. I've seen you around perhaps posting with RT. Hope you are well. I've been called stranger for so many years and strange as well. I've gotten to the point I don't believe it's possible they come any stranger though I'm not trying to win.:)
Peace
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah.
We can move mountains just by wishing.
Haven't seen that happen yet.
Have you?
Did you see earlier when I mentioned CONTEXT?
Peace regardless

Location hidden

#516873 Apr 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people say I'm mad, but I don't have an angry bone in my body.
I have an angry hat that I wear when I'm angry. It has vents for steam.
Since I'm wearing my forgetful hat, I haven't a clue where it could be.
Would you like some tea?
I don't know about u, but u'r gonna drive me mad if u keep mentioning tea. I'll be bloody dreamin' about tea, 2nite!

I ain't gonna give into you, u tempter!!

I'm stronger than u, i can run away from u! i'm running!!!!!!
Alas

Fort Worth, TX

#516874 Apr 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know there are over 600 laws written in the bible. The 10 commandments are just the beginning.
American law follows most of the commandments, btw. Including the sabbath.
Betcha didn't know that, either.
Bad bet for you. There are 613 mitzvah s in the Torah, none of which are the basis for US law and none of which mainstream American Christians follow. American law does no such thing. The Constitution of the aunties States was founded on the principles of The Enlightenment and are divorced from Biblical trappings. That puffed-up delusion it's have continually attacked it and inserted such nonsense in state and local law just proves that your delusion is akin to treason.

Let's look at the three versions.

I

I am the Lord your G-d who has taken you out of the land of Egypt.

I, the Lord, am your God. You shall not have other gods besides me.

You shall have no other gods but me.

(Nope, nothing in American law there.)

II

You shall have no other gods but me.

You shall not take the name of the Lord, your God, in vain.

You shall not make unto you any graven images.

(Whoops,#2 has nothing to do with US law either.

III

You shall not take the name of the Lord your G-d in vain.

Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day.

You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.

(Gee, 2 out of 3 have no bearing on any relevant law and the last is just silly Blue Laws struck down as Un-Constitutional and only even considered in small pockets of the nation. Whoops, first three are a failure, so far.

IV

You shall remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.

Honor your father and your mother.

You shall remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.

(Wait, Yeahnoway got jumbled up here between 3 and 4. No law requires anyone to honor their parents. Whoops. Those Blue Laws still are no longer relevant.)

V

Honor your mother and father.

You shall not kill.

Honor your mother and father.

(More confusion here among the sects. Imagine that. Well, finally, something that is not a thought crime. Too bad societies that predate your thieves and charlatans had the same codified laws against murder. Wait, murder. That day's thou shalt not kill. Hmmm,, killing is perfectly acceptable in many cases in American law. Fail.)

VI

You shall not murder.

You shall not commit adultery.

You shall not murder.

(Well, that's better. Adultery is not illegal, however.)

VII

You shall not steal.

(Adultery is still not illegal, even one more commandment in. No stealing. That's a good one, but, it still pre-dates your Bible and is not the basis for US law. He'll, stealing is even legal, like killing, under many US laws. Have you ever seen banking regulations? Usury is one of the mitzvahs. That's practically required.

VIII You shall not steal.

You shall not bear false witness.

You shall not steal.

(I do love these three different versions and their strange numbering systems. False witness? Sure, it is illegal to make false statements under oath or to sworn peace officers, but you clowns get to lie about and for your religion all the time.)

IX

You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.

(Coveting is a thought crime and is not illegal in these United States.)

X

You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.

You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.

You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.

(Look, another thought crime. This one is also the cornerstone of capitalism. What are you clowns, a bunch of Commies?)

To review, stealing, killing, and lying under oath are the only three worth a damn, and none of them are the basis for US law. Keep lying for Jesus. It's adorable.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#516875 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>So, what are you today, a believer or nonbeliever. I find that it is odd that most of you were once believers and now claim to be unbelievers. Get it, all you prove is that you have a major capacity in the area of being wrong.
Make up your mind, if the Bible is man-made then so are the words, sentences and beliefs, and so words spoken from here are just like the man-made words you speak from science books, English books and everything that you learned from books.
If the Bible is not man-made and came from God, then you simply rebel in your spirit, because the demons inside you are angry.
Take a pick, since you are used to being wrong, it should not hurt.
If you are tired of trying to prove something that you have no proof about, then that is your issue.
Like you said, the poster was a fundamentalist, which explains your lack of respect. If you ever find an atheist who is respectful even when it disagrees, then that would be magical and like finding a unicorn.
True thing.
Alas

Fort Worth, TX

#516876 Apr 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya sure, lets listen to the rantings of an atheist website....
HA HA HA !!!!
Hitler was a rationalist you know, a "freethinker"...
"The adult Adolf Hitler was a rationalist and a materialist, who saw Christianity as a religion fit for slaves, and a rebellion against the natural law of selection and survival of the fittest."
And he hated Christianity & Judaism.
"Raised a Catholic, Hitler had some respect for the 'great position' of that church, but became deeply hostile to its teachings."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_view...
All you've proven is that you did not follow the links and that you are just utterly void of honesty. There were no rantings on those links. There were plenty of photographs, however, that betray your untenable position.

Are you a stand up comedian? Wikipedia? Oh my, there is no way you are for real. Sheez.

Location hidden

#516877 Apr 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite a character, aren't I?
Sunday...Sunday...Sunday...
What a wonderful idea!
I'll get the syrup, you get the ice cream.
Do you like nuts?
U sure r!!*callin' mental institute*

Do u get twisters in America? I'm talkin' about ice-cream not the other twisters, u numpty!

I like u don't I? I like u the most, outta all nuts!!:-p
Alas

Fort Worth, TX

#516878 Apr 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh....*
I need another beer first. Hold on.
The point was that people get married for many other reasons than just being in love. Money, status, pressure, etc. I think there will be a lot of gays that get married because they can, not because they're truly in love.
Good for them. The Constitution guarantees us equal protection under the law.

A Time to be candid.

#516879 Apr 7, 2013
Excuse me please
I've been in rooms where some get very sensitive, touchy if you'll allow me to say, about responding before being spoken to. How do you all feel about that in here?

I'd like to put my two cents in on a few other posts not directed to me. I know I'm very much a stranger in here, however I wouldn't be surprised if a good number of you recall ... I have visited here several times before, but very briefly and I'm sure you may appreciate why that was exactly. I started posting for the first time in June of last year. I also posted the joke thread which somehow seems to have gone POOOOOF! Hint Hint! ;~)

I don't hang in hot kitchens unless necessary for nourishment. Believe it or not, some actually come in here hoping to be fed something worth the stop.

Thanks for letting me share as well. I like listening and I'm not shy about asking questions. I don't need to repeat myself, but I don't mind if someone didn't hear or understand what I said. I talk too much because I don't want folks feeling it necessary to read between my lines. Much gets lost in translation, you may agree.:))))

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#516880 Apr 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
ROFL!
U called me a "silly girl"! OMG, I'M IN SHOCK! That's what my papa calls me all the time! God, it's freaky comin' from u!!
Won't it make u invisible then?
Are u gonna let me study, are u??? I gotta go, i seriously must, i'm gonna kick myself! LET ME GO, PLEASE!!!!! I'm gonna shut the lap down, SHUT IT DOWN, SHUT IT DOWN, u dimwit!!!
See ya guys tomorrow, if i try to wiggle my butt back in, u guys better do the best thing for me and just ignore me!!
xOXOx
You must get back to your studies!

But take this thinking cap with you!

It lets you think better, so long as you don't wear any clothes.

:)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#516881 Apr 7, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
My mind is made up, but subject to change given the necessary information. No danger of that happening on this site, I can see.
A true believer, who believed all the things that believers claim they believe, would find no time or interest in participating on an internet discussion board. They would be too busy enjoying their 'walk with God'.
Not necessarily.

Christians meet all the time to celebrate the God of Christianity whether it be church, sunday school, small group meetings, prayer group, choir, etc.

This billboard is just an extension of that. Most of the discussions when I first came here was Jesus Followers discussing the bible Jesus and so forth.

If you truly believed what you believe, you would not be here discussing a subject that is clearly related to Christians and Christianity.

Are you insecure?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min Freebird USA 176,201
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min dollarsbill 1,946
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Rosa_Winkel 817,427
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min The Evenstar 39,951
Why didn't A320's advanced technology stop Adr... 23 min Doctor REALITY 4
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 42 min Zombie dr Shrink 2,184
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min RoSesz 578,901
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 270,030
More from around the web